Author Topic: Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9  (Read 677 times)

Offline Philly Girl

• *ProFSL Gold
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI:
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:41 PM »
What to make of the Philadelphia Eagles?

Is Reid's fate already determined? / Photo courtesy of USA Today

Where to start with this team! On offense we have a top RB in McCoy, a top WR in Jackson and a solid WR2 in Maclin (not to mention an underrated and under-utilized Avant) and a solid TE in Celek. As for QB, we have an extremely athletic Michael Vick, but athleticism doesn’t make one a great pocket passer; it actually makes him another running threat along with passing however Andy Reid strongly believes that he can change the qualities that have made Michael Vick, Michael Vick and force him to be a pocket passer. Speaking of a pocket passer, this would require an offensive line that is able to actually create and hold a pocket – of course it would also require healthy starters! Ironic that Reid was an offensive lineman! I think we can all agree that this offense is under performing at the expense of the O-line and the QB. However, I am not willing (despite my dislike of M. Vick as a QB for the Eagles) to blame this all on the QB when the failure to perform is in the strategy and coaching.

Now for the defense…I realize that we all miss the classic Jim Johnson defense. Last year was a disaster to put it politely but the beginning of this season the D finally seemed to be coming together with a few additions, including Ryans. To avoid getting too detailed with whole Juan Castillo debate my comments on this move are simple – we should question the original decision to move him into the role more than the decision to move him out. I was not a fan of the original move but I do not think the mid-season firing was justified given the turnover issues with the offense. Moving forward and on, I believe in our cornerbacks, defensive line, and even the linebackers this season. I think we have some concerns in the secondary which has limited our blitz package due to the potential of being beat deep, however, none of these issues should force the defense to take the fall for this season.

So who should? Andy Reid. His original decision to move Juan Castillo into the Defensive Coordinator position should be scrutinized and his untimely release as well. Then we have the offense in which he is determined to force a multiple threat QB to become a pocket passer; the lack of offensive line support (considering he was an O-lineman); and the extreme under-utilization of one of the top backs in the league. Oh and did I mention that he is responsible for the play calls? And what about the inability to figure out time management skills after 14 seasons as head coach? The criticism that Andy is receiving is justified, for the most part. Reid has almost built his own demise in Philly through multiple winning seasons without a Super Bowl and now a painful mediocre (aka losing for not making the playoffs) season last year which it is starting to appear likely will continue.

He has lost his edge and after 14 years, the “seven year itch” is now seven years more severe.  :judge: :soapbox:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:33:53 PM by Philly Girl »
"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there." —Mike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies :PHI:

Offline CarolinaCubbies

• Rookie
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CHC:
    • :CAR:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NorthCarolinaState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :Racing:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Reid is done and I can't blame Eagles fans.  Win or go home.  I mean, learn how to save time outs and actually run the ball!

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

ProFSL Fantasy Sports

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • OUDAN: GL
    Today at 01:24:03 PM
  • Vollmernator: Anybody in NFLC want Aj jenkins will trade him for any pick in 2015 or 2016 need roster space and now have too many WR
    Today at 01:25:49 PM
  • OUDAN: Im going to send you another offer please give me a simple yes or no
    Today at 01:26:36 PM
  • Vollmernator: I originally trade him for my 4th and 5th 2015 pick but he's not in my plans anymore got roddy white derek Hagan and keeny stills in my plan
    Today at 01:27:09 PM
  • Vollmernator: Don't worry I won't change my mind
    Today at 01:27:44 PM
  • Vollmernator: Did you send it yet Oudan
    Today at 01:28:33 PM
  • Vollmernator: Don't see it
    Today at 01:29:06 PM
  • OUDAN: Just now
    Today at 01:29:15 PM
  • Vollmernator: Nm got it
    Today at 01:29:19 PM
  • Vollmernator: Oudan do you think I could get a replacement for TE olsen if I tradeed newton
    Today at 01:31:58 PM
  • Vollmernator: Was just worried I couldn't replace Olson
    Today at 01:32:41 PM
  • OUDAN: I would think, I replied back to you.
    Today at 01:32:54 PM
  • OUDAN: Not about Olsen about the others
    Today at 01:33:07 PM
  • Vollmernator: I sent you a pm I'll do original trade we talked about post it and I'll accept it
    Today at 01:39:14 PM
  • OUDAN: replied with one question
    Today at 01:41:07 PM
  • CRS245: OUDAN, Voll any interest? [link] want to get a few people signed up and then sending mass PM
    Today at 01:48:35 PM
  • OUDAN: Eh not really but thanks bud
    Today at 01:49:02 PM
  • Ace: i'll probably play
    Today at 01:57:49 PM
  • andyscott23: I am caught up and organized with all my leagues. I'd jump on it
    Today at 01:58:44 PM
  • Vollmernator: Sorry man not Intrested crs
    Today at 01:58:46 PM
  • Vollmernator: I got back to you Oudan have a question
    Today at 02:00:25 PM
  • Vollmernator: Oudan I sent you an offer with out Cason
    Today at 02:07:30 PM
  • Vollmernator: Want to keep either Olsen or Cason let me know don't think I'll trade both
    Today at 02:09:00 PM
  • Vollmernator: Unless I like offer
    Today at 02:09:17 PM
  • Vollmernator: Oudan you get my offer just let me know and I we'll get a deal done
    Today at 02:10:14 PM
  • OUDAN: Give me a few caught up at work
    Today at 02:12:39 PM
  • OUDAN: Back
    Today at 02:14:05 PM
  • Vollmernator: Oudan i Pm'd you back
    Today at 02:19:07 PM
  • andyscott23: How to I get access granted to add my leagues to proFSL. I went to leagues. tried to add league. And was denied access. Thanks
    Today at 02:19:10 PM
  • Vollmernator: With an offer
    Today at 02:20:01 PM
  • Corey: andy pm me the leagues and ill get you added
    Today at 02:38:34 PM
  • Vollmernator: I would trade lb Thomas Davis as well sent you a pm Oudan
    Today at 02:42:27 PM
  • andyscott23: Ok corey.. will do thanks
    Today at 02:48:33 PM
  • OUDAN: Mail voll
    Today at 02:49:25 PM
  • Vollmernator: Sent you back pm Oudan with offer  I like of the ones you sent back
    Today at 02:53:05 PM
  • Vollmernator: Let me know if you'll do that deal
    Today at 03:02:34 PM
  • Vollmernator: No worries you must be busy Oudan
    Today at 03:03:20 PM
  • OUDAN: Mail sir
    Today at 03:05:25 PM
  • OUDAN: I accept
    Today at 03:05:29 PM
  • Vollmernator: My 4 pieces for your 2 pieces  the one without Cason and art right that's the one I wanted
    Today at 03:09:17 PM
  • Vollmernator: Without Cason and Carr
    Today at 03:09:38 PM
  • OUDAN: Yes
    Today at 03:09:50 PM
  • OUDAN: Copied it back to u in a message
    Today at 03:10:26 PM
  • OUDAN: Can u post?
    Today at 03:10:29 PM
  • Vollmernator: Ok that's I'll post it
    Today at 03:10:59 PM
  • Vollmernator: Thanks I'll post it