Author Topic: Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9  (Read 678 times)

Offline Philly Girl

• *ProFSL Gold
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI:
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:41 PM »
What to make of the Philadelphia Eagles?

Is Reid's fate already determined? / Photo courtesy of USA Today

Where to start with this team! On offense we have a top RB in McCoy, a top WR in Jackson and a solid WR2 in Maclin (not to mention an underrated and under-utilized Avant) and a solid TE in Celek. As for QB, we have an extremely athletic Michael Vick, but athleticism doesn’t make one a great pocket passer; it actually makes him another running threat along with passing however Andy Reid strongly believes that he can change the qualities that have made Michael Vick, Michael Vick and force him to be a pocket passer. Speaking of a pocket passer, this would require an offensive line that is able to actually create and hold a pocket – of course it would also require healthy starters! Ironic that Reid was an offensive lineman! I think we can all agree that this offense is under performing at the expense of the O-line and the QB. However, I am not willing (despite my dislike of M. Vick as a QB for the Eagles) to blame this all on the QB when the failure to perform is in the strategy and coaching.

Now for the defense…I realize that we all miss the classic Jim Johnson defense. Last year was a disaster to put it politely but the beginning of this season the D finally seemed to be coming together with a few additions, including Ryans. To avoid getting too detailed with whole Juan Castillo debate my comments on this move are simple – we should question the original decision to move him into the role more than the decision to move him out. I was not a fan of the original move but I do not think the mid-season firing was justified given the turnover issues with the offense. Moving forward and on, I believe in our cornerbacks, defensive line, and even the linebackers this season. I think we have some concerns in the secondary which has limited our blitz package due to the potential of being beat deep, however, none of these issues should force the defense to take the fall for this season.

So who should? Andy Reid. His original decision to move Juan Castillo into the Defensive Coordinator position should be scrutinized and his untimely release as well. Then we have the offense in which he is determined to force a multiple threat QB to become a pocket passer; the lack of offensive line support (considering he was an O-lineman); and the extreme under-utilization of one of the top backs in the league. Oh and did I mention that he is responsible for the play calls? And what about the inability to figure out time management skills after 14 seasons as head coach? The criticism that Andy is receiving is justified, for the most part. Reid has almost built his own demise in Philly through multiple winning seasons without a Super Bowl and now a painful mediocre (aka losing for not making the playoffs) season last year which it is starting to appear likely will continue.

He has lost his edge and after 14 years, the “seven year itch” is now seven years more severe.  :judge: :soapbox:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:33:53 PM by Philly Girl »
"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there." —Mike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies :PHI:

Offline CarolinaCubbies

• Rookie
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CHC:
    • :CAR:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NorthCarolinaState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :Racing:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Reid is done and I can't blame Eagles fans.  Win or go home.  I mean, learn how to save time outs and actually run the ball!

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

ProFSL Fantasy Sports

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Eric: I have no time for that, even tho I love college basketball
    Today at 12:53:06 AM
  • Brent: kinda sucks when you are in the middle of a blockbuster trade and the other party goes offline...
    Today at 12:53:12 AM
  • Eric: :iatp:
    Today at 12:54:17 AM
  • Jonathan: just post it and hope for the best lol
    Today at 12:55:20 AM
  • Jonathan: we want to see blockbuster!
    Today at 12:56:00 AM
  • Jonathan: Crazy the number of trades in that league though, NFL almost never has any trades and usually you are lucky to get anything in return.
    Today at 12:56:35 AM
  • Eric: Andy is it a draft or auction for players?
    Today at 12:58:32 AM
  • sports guru: Jonathan, did see my PM? I want Kobe in Pipeline lets try and make it happen before tomorrow so I make sure my roster is legal
    Today at 12:58:57 AM
  • andyscott23: draft with a points budget
    Today at 12:59:16 AM
  • scottnva: hey brent ur up in r2n draft
    Today at 12:59:33 AM
  • Jonathan: Black Mamba? I can move him.
    Today at 12:59:51 AM
  • Eric: Oh ok thats better than auction bidding
    Today at 01:00:01 AM
  • Jonathan: I will get with you in a few SG, been a busy day.
    Today at 01:00:55 AM
  • andyscott23: I agree
    Today at 01:01:20 AM
  • andyscott23: you get what the player is worth
    Today at 01:01:51 AM
  • Eric: When is the draft?
    Today at 01:02:07 AM
  • Eric: Also will it be live or slow draft?
    Today at 01:02:20 AM
  • andyscott23: if i get a few owners. I'll prob start it friday or saturday but not officially start clock until monday
    Today at 01:03:20 AM
  • Eric: Live or slow draft?
    Today at 01:04:14 AM
  • andyscott23: have 2 already. like to get 6 or 8 total
    Today at 01:04:41 AM
  • andyscott23: 8 hr clock
    Today at 01:04:54 AM
  • Eric: kk let me sleep on it, I am beat
    Today at 01:05:20 AM
  • Eric: later bros
    Today at 01:05:24 AM
  • andyscott23: season starts nov 17. will adjust clock accordingly
    Today at 01:05:24 AM
  • scottnva: that sounds interesting Andy
    Today at 01:07:55 AM
  • sports guru: Sounds good Jonathan. Just shoot me a PM
    Today at 01:07:56 AM
  • Jpsprague10: PM Corey & Andy
    Today at 01:08:41 AM
  • andyscott23: thanks scott
    Today at 01:08:53 AM
  • scottnva: so if i want to be VCU i am drafting from scratch not taking any actual  Ram players?
    Today at 01:09:28 AM
  • andyscott23: yes.
    Today at 01:10:11 AM
  • andyscott23: we have the same setup in football
    Today at 01:11:28 AM
  • andyscott23: looking at it JP
    Today at 01:11:52 AM
  • scottnva: ok
    Today at 01:12:14 AM
  • andyscott23: jp replied
    Today at 01:16:30 AM
  • patjossom: pm John
    Today at 01:17:14 AM
  • Jpsprague10: Sounds good Andy. I'm having same issues on Android right now.
    Today at 01:19:12 AM
  • JDutra5: replied
    Today at 01:19:49 AM
  • andyscott23: good morning
    Today at 09:19:59 AM
  • Brent: Morning
    Today at 09:43:58 AM
  • The Torture Doctor: whats up guys
    Today at 09:52:39 AM
  • andyscott23: What's up TTD
    Today at 10:00:01 AM
  • The Torture Doctor: How's expansion going Andy?
    Today at 10:07:45 AM
  • Corey: morning boys
    Today at 10:12:03 AM
  • andyscott23: got 3.. Ingrim, Corey and Scott.. hopefully get a few more today
    Today at 10:12:10 AM
  • Brent: Morning Corey.
    Today at 10:14:43 AM
  • OUDAN: TGIF
    Today at 10:15:47 AM
  • andyscott23: Amen
    Today at 10:16:08 AM
  • Corey: Hallelujah
    Today at 10:22:34 AM
  • The Torture Doctor: cool
    Today at 10:22:55 AM
  • Eric: Morning