Author Topic: Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9  (Read 714 times)

Offline Philly Girl

• *ProFSL Gold
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI:
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:41 PM »
What to make of the Philadelphia Eagles?

Is Reid's fate already determined? / Photo courtesy of USA Today

Where to start with this team! On offense we have a top RB in McCoy, a top WR in Jackson and a solid WR2 in Maclin (not to mention an underrated and under-utilized Avant) and a solid TE in Celek. As for QB, we have an extremely athletic Michael Vick, but athleticism doesn’t make one a great pocket passer; it actually makes him another running threat along with passing however Andy Reid strongly believes that he can change the qualities that have made Michael Vick, Michael Vick and force him to be a pocket passer. Speaking of a pocket passer, this would require an offensive line that is able to actually create and hold a pocket – of course it would also require healthy starters! Ironic that Reid was an offensive lineman! I think we can all agree that this offense is under performing at the expense of the O-line and the QB. However, I am not willing (despite my dislike of M. Vick as a QB for the Eagles) to blame this all on the QB when the failure to perform is in the strategy and coaching.

Now for the defense…I realize that we all miss the classic Jim Johnson defense. Last year was a disaster to put it politely but the beginning of this season the D finally seemed to be coming together with a few additions, including Ryans. To avoid getting too detailed with whole Juan Castillo debate my comments on this move are simple – we should question the original decision to move him into the role more than the decision to move him out. I was not a fan of the original move but I do not think the mid-season firing was justified given the turnover issues with the offense. Moving forward and on, I believe in our cornerbacks, defensive line, and even the linebackers this season. I think we have some concerns in the secondary which has limited our blitz package due to the potential of being beat deep, however, none of these issues should force the defense to take the fall for this season.

So who should? Andy Reid. His original decision to move Juan Castillo into the Defensive Coordinator position should be scrutinized and his untimely release as well. Then we have the offense in which he is determined to force a multiple threat QB to become a pocket passer; the lack of offensive line support (considering he was an O-lineman); and the extreme under-utilization of one of the top backs in the league. Oh and did I mention that he is responsible for the play calls? And what about the inability to figure out time management skills after 14 seasons as head coach? The criticism that Andy is receiving is justified, for the most part. Reid has almost built his own demise in Philly through multiple winning seasons without a Super Bowl and now a painful mediocre (aka losing for not making the playoffs) season last year which it is starting to appear likely will continue.

He has lost his edge and after 14 years, the “seven year itch” is now seven years more severe.  :judge: :soapbox:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:33:53 PM by Philly Girl »
"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there." —Mike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies :PHI:

Offline CarolinaCubbies

• Rookie
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CHC:
    • :CAR:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NorthCarolinaState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :Racing:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: Eagles After Week 9
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Reid is done and I can't blame Eagles fans.  Win or go home.  I mean, learn how to save time outs and actually run the ball!

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

ProFSL Fantasy Sports

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • scottnva: what league Red u shopping RP?
    Yesterday at 11:23:58 PM
  • redbeard82: yeah. qualls is on 2 years
    Yesterday at 11:25:12 PM
  • redbeard82: 108 stitches, but probably possible in just about any league
    Yesterday at 11:25:25 PM
  • RyanJames5: Most interest in qualls then.
    Yesterday at 11:25:43 PM
  • Ace: crippling contracts were also handed out in blind bidding :-)
    Yesterday at 11:26:09 PM
  • RyanJames5: Haha I don't doubt that at all.
    Yesterday at 11:26:58 PM
  • redbeard82: what are you shopping Ryan?
    Yesterday at 11:28:00 PM
  • Ace: blind bidding was fun though; i personally find 5 pages of fa's to be a chore
    Yesterday at 11:28:11 PM
  • scottnva: i agree Ace
    Yesterday at 11:29:51 PM
  • silogical: open bidding with a reasonable min bid is the best of both worlds
    Yesterday at 11:30:12 PM
  • scottnva: that is why i havent been the first to post anyone until i did 2 guys this afternoon
    Yesterday at 11:30:26 PM
  • RyanJames5: I think more than anything red that's my issue. Is I don't feel like I have much of anything to shop.
    Yesterday at 11:30:58 PM
  • scottnva: what tean are u ryan?
    Yesterday at 11:31:32 PM
  • RyanJames5: I don't really have the depth to trade any major leaguers. And I don't want to deal any great prospects
    Yesterday at 11:32:07 PM
  • RyanJames5: Os
    Yesterday at 11:32:20 PM
  • mrsam: 108 -- Looking for OFs.  LAA
    Yesterday at 11:32:50 PM
  • scottnva: hey red nevermind that offer sorry that is going to drain my cap
    Yesterday at 11:34:01 PM
  • redbeard82: yeah...unfortunately the back end of my prospects is getting pretty narrow...not sure so-so prospects are of great interest right now
    Yesterday at 11:35:26 PM
  • redbeard82: how much cap you have left scott?
    Yesterday at 11:35:55 PM
  • RyanJames5: Yeah. I know what you mean. I'm probably not in a position to make a deal. Just trying to fill out my last few spots without overpaying an FA
    Yesterday at 11:37:02 PM
  • scottnva: if i win Uribe then ;like 3m....
    Yesterday at 11:37:57 PM
  • redbeard82: i could include a good specs with a reliever for a better spec if it was a bigger name, but i hear ya
    Yesterday at 11:38:20 PM
  • redbeard82: nothing good comes from the phrase "if i win uribe"
    Yesterday at 11:38:41 PM
  • redbeard82: i do like that player fwiw scott
    Yesterday at 11:38:49 PM
  • Scalious: Ha
    Yesterday at 11:39:05 PM
  • scottnva: lol yeah i know he is depth maybe i want have to use him
    Yesterday at 11:39:36 PM
  • RyanJames5: I think I'll just keep looking.
    Yesterday at 11:40:50 PM
  • redbeard82: fair enough. just sent you a PM before I saw that. can be flexible on the names
    Yesterday at 11:43:03 PM
  • redbeard82: but i'm guessing it's a non-starter
    Yesterday at 11:43:11 PM
  • redbeard82: can we trade some $ with a player in this league?
    Yesterday at 11:43:46 PM
  • RyanJames5: I think I read that money can be sent in deals.
    Yesterday at 11:45:13 PM
  • RyanJames5: And yeah. I'm not a Hes untouchable kind of guy, but Id need a definite overpay to move Bundy
    Yesterday at 11:46:00 PM
  • scottnva: i can handle qualls dave
    Yesterday at 11:46:29 PM
  • redbeard82: scott - PM
    Yesterday at 11:50:45 PM
  • redbeard82: well if i have some prosepcts you'd be interested in for him, shoot me the sort of package you'd be looking for. if not, no worries! totally get it
    Yesterday at 11:51:24 PM
  • scottnva: wow whoever writes for the soutingbook site needs to check their facts on tobacco road you just dont get UNC and NC State confused lol
    Yesterday at 11:57:54 PM
  • scottnva: [link]
    Yesterday at 11:58:03 PM
  • redbeard82: lol. pretty ppor, especially since they get it right later in the write up
    Today at 12:02:33 AM
  • redbeard82: poor*
    Today at 12:02:38 AM
  • redbeard82: scott - i'm good with that. can you post it?
    Today at 12:05:36 AM
  • scottnva: ok thanks
    Today at 12:07:38 AM
  • redbeard82: confirmed :toast:
    Today at 12:18:41 AM
  • redbeard82: on that note, i'm going to call it a night. have a good one all!
    Today at 12:19:11 AM
  • Alex87878: scott, sent a pm. you may say to just get my head out of my a$$ but thought I would give it a wirl
    Today at 12:46:57 AM
  • Brent: Evening guys
    Today at 12:54:57 AM
  • Alex87878: good evening
    Today at 12:55:35 AM
  • chrisetc21: yo
    Today at 01:08:03 AM
  • chrisetc21: ho
    Today at 01:08:07 AM
  • chrisetc21: ho
    Today at 01:08:13 AM
  • chrisetc21: ;)