Refresh History
  • kylerap: Galvis is batting .043. How is he in the big leagues?
    Today at 12:52:26 AM
  • Orange Country: kyle noticed we're 5-7 in NE
    Today at 12:54:10 AM
  • kylerap: Yeah, had a good week last week
    Today at 12:55:37 AM
  • Orange Country: how did we do
    Today at 12:56:42 AM
  • Orange Country: wow we're beating :LAD: at the moment
    Today at 12:57:08 AM
  • kylerap: Ike's been hot since he went to Pitt. Cashner and Gibson been really good too so far
    Today at 12:58:02 AM
  • Orange Country: and we get Middlebrooks back
    Today at 12:58:42 AM
  • Orange Country: sucks we lost Cobb
    Today at 12:59:32 AM
  • kylerap: Ya. Pitching has been a strength so far. Surprisingly
    Today at 01:07:27 AM
  • OUDAN: Glad to see :KC: woke up in NE too
    Today at 01:08:34 AM
  • Orange Country: sooner u do redraft leagues off site?
    Today at 01:10:09 AM
  • OUDAN: 2
    Today at 01:10:55 AM
  • OUDAN: Small keeper leagues like 5 keepers
    Today at 01:11:04 AM
  • Orange Country: I dropped all of my leagues outside of ProFSL for all sports, too much to keep track of
    Today at 01:11:52 AM
  • Orange Country: you could drop 1 of those and get in on a brand new roto redraft league here with keepers
    Today at 01:12:39 AM
  • Orange Country: It's called Earl Weaver Baseball and will begin later this year
    Today at 01:12:57 AM
  • e40: MTK, Corey sent you both a pm
    Today at 01:13:14 AM
  • Orange Country: [link]
    Today at 01:13:16 AM
  • Orange Country: Erick long time no see
    Today at 01:13:25 AM
  • OUDAN: Lol OC u sure are good at your recruiting
    Today at 01:19:15 AM
  • Orange Country: I'll say this, what's a better site to play fantasy sports than here? I don't know of one. It's the largest gathering of fantasy geeks I've ever come across.
    Today at 01:22:46 AM
  • Jonathan: The Blake Griffin Show on TNT
    Today at 01:23:25 AM
  • Orange Country: I'm on this site probably 90% of my online time these days
    Today at 01:24:30 AM
  • Orange Country: oh and Jonathan, beating spacemountain and his 3 minute last second bids for Griffin was totally worth it
    Today at 01:26:20 AM
  • Jonathan: mine was Howard, glad I gave up, 20M for that bum would of been ripoff
    Today at 01:27:48 AM
  • Orange Country: I saw him check into the site the other day lol
    Today at 01:28:35 AM
  • Jonathan: I got demoted, but would rather have a ton of cash than barely hanging on with Howard and not much else.
    Today at 01:29:31 AM
  • Jonathan: even when Blake misses, good things happen.
    Today at 01:31:43 AM
  • OUDAN: Blake is a Sooner of course he is a bad man!
    Today at 01:33:41 AM
  • Orange Country: this series between :GS: and :LAC: should at least be a 2nd round series the way these 2 teams play
    Today at 01:37:47 AM
  • Orange Country: I love it how it comes out playoff time that Mark Jackson and Frank Vogel should be fired for bad reasons
    Today at 01:38:18 AM
  • Jonathan: West is stacked, I don't think you can even call anything an upset.
    Today at 01:40:17 AM
  • Orange Country: :MEM: upsets :OKC:?
    Today at 01:51:48 AM
  • Orange Country: is that not an upset?
    Today at 01:51:55 AM
  • Orange Country: It's not :NCAA: like, but a 7 seed upsets a 2 seed, that's big
    Today at 01:52:15 AM
  • Jonathan: Memphis would of been #3 in east
    Today at 01:58:37 AM
  • Jonathan: 50-32  lol
    Today at 01:59:34 AM
  • Orange Country: It's been long enough that the :NBA: needs to move towards a playoff system where teams are seeded based on the total standings overall
    Today at 02:02:42 AM
  • Jonathan: it will balance out, especially after this draft.
    Today at 02:04:34 AM
  • Jonathan: top 3 picks should all be east teams
    Today at 02:05:23 AM
  • Jonathan: suns didn't even make playoffs and they would of been tied for  #3 in east.
    Today at 02:06:30 AM
  • Jonathan: might take about 4 years to balance, but eventually it will lol
    Today at 02:07:19 AM
  • Jonathan: Got to give clips credit, they making it happen.
    Today at 02:12:16 AM
  • Jonathan: Not an easy place to win, Jordan is huge for them too.
    Today at 02:12:46 AM
  • Jonathan: curry get 1 shot for the win.
    Today at 02:24:24 AM
  • Jonathan: that hurts more than the 40 point loss.... NCAA game is over down 8 with 1:30 to go. NBA, its very possible.
    Today at 02:26:10 AM
  • Orange Country: :NBA: does not even come close to a :NCAA: upset
    Today at 02:29:28 AM
  • Orange Country: but it's still super exciting
    Today at 02:29:39 AM
  • Jonathan: you dont have upsets in 7 game series, better team wins.
    Today at 02:33:36 AM
  • Jonathan: its a lot harder
    Today at 02:34:13 AM

Author Topic: Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: 2012-13 Flyers  (Read 541 times)

Offline Philly Girl

• *Staff
  • All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI:
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :Blank:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
Philly Girl's Phantasy Corner: 2012-13 Flyers
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »

Will Wayne Simmons and the Flyers play this season? / Courtesy of USA Today

I am beyond frustrated at the NHL as a whole and Bettman needs to go. Now, as the Flyers are my first love I will always be a fan but overall this whole ‘lets strike every time a contract is up’ philosophy is not working and will not work. Sigh…Despite this, I am really excited to see what this team is made of.  Last off-season I scratched my head at the Flyers’ dealings only to be pleasantly surprised that the Execs knew more than I did at how the team would shape up. Last year they far exceeded my expectations despite the heart-wrenching losses at the end.  This off-season I once again found myself confused at times by their deals but overall am excited to see where this leads. Granted we tend to get rid of players who, the following year, hoist Lord Stanley for another city (ok, that was just one year and I may still be slightly bitter) but overall they made me a believer again.

Note, I started compiling this at the end of August, tried to wait out the lockout and just couldn't sit on it anymore. I need some hockey in my life!

What we have:
  • C Claude Giroux – one of the premier players in the NHL
  • RW Wayne Simmons signed a 6-year extension worth about $4m/yr.  Begins 2013-2014 season as he is in his last year of previous contract. He had a career high 28 goals last season, playing in all 82 regular season games.
  • Scott Hartnell signed a 6-year extension worth a reported $4.75m/yr. Hartnell also had a career high in goals last year with 37 (16 of which were on the powerplay – 2nd in the league), 67 points, and a team leading plus-19.
  • Head Coach Peter Laviolette had his contract extended and is hoping to lead the Flyers to an Atlantic Division title – quite the accomplishment.
  • The Schenn brothers, Luke and Brayden. While I think Brayden is the better of the two and am still bitter about the trade all together, Luke brings much needed depth to our defense at the moment, especially as a right-handed shot.
  • C Scott Laughton, first round draft pick, signed to a three year entry-level deal.
  • Off-season acquisitions LW Ruslan Fedotenko (back for another stint with the Flyers) and D Bruno Gervais (the second right-handed shot on D )
  • D Marc-Andre Bourdon signed a multi-year extension
  • Matt Read, Sean Couturier, Danny Briere, Ville Leino, Jake Voracek

What we DON’T have:
  • Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay in July.
  • In a summer shocker, Shea Weber signed with Nashville in July instead of the Flyers when the Predators matched the Flyers offer of $110m.
  • Andrej Meszaros had surgery in August to repair his torn Achilles tendon, which we know from Ryan Howard, will most likely have him off the ice for 6-8 months.
  • Andreas Lilja had hip surgery in August and is expected to miss at least the first two-three months of the season. Of course, if we have a season at this point he may be rehabbed in time!
  • Zach Parise and Ryan Suter despite offers from the Flyers, both signed with the Wild.
  • James van Riemsdyk  was traded to Toronto in the Schenn deal and Jaromir Jagr with the Dallas Stars

What we don’t know:
  • Chris Pronger, is still struggling with post-concussion problems from mid-December, 2011. Will he be back and if so, when?
  • How much leeway will the Flyers give Illya Bryzgalov this season? Yes, he has a hefty 9 year, $51m contract attached to him, but will money be enough to keep him in goal if he does not perform? Flyers management, primarily Ed Snider, has proven that he would be willing to take a loss or cut personal ties to win a championship, why would this be any different? Look at past goaltenders Bernie Parent and Ron Hextall. While forever engrained in every Flyers fan’s heart, when they didn’t cut it in goal they were sent packing only to return and retire as a Flyer. If Bryz doesn’t cut it, who will? At some point, the Flyers clearly are looking for a “Dominator” goalie to invest in.
  • What else does Paul Holmgren have up his sleeve to create the right mix and defensive depth for the Flyers this season? He is an aggressive GM and I’m sure there will be a few more surprises to come – when allowed after the lockout.

I'm really hoping I get some answers to the questions above and am able to see how this team plays together...we'll see...  >:(

:soapbox:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:59:54 PM by ProFSL »
"They read their sports pages, know their statistics and either root like hell or boo our butts off. I love it. Give me vocal fans, pro or con, over the tourist types who show up in Houston or Montreal and just sit there." —Mike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman for the Philadelphia Phillies :PHI:

Offline CRS245

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT:
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PennState:

• 0_: :EPL13INVITEE: :NFL13INVITEE: :EPL12INVITEE: :NHL12INVITEE: :NFL12INVITEE: :NBA12INVITEE: :MLB12INVITEE: :NFL11FINALIST: :NHL11INVITEE: :NBA11INVITEE: :MLB11INVITEE: :MLB10INVITEE: :MLB09CHAMP:
    • View Profile
    • ProFSL
  • Fantasy Sport: :MLB:
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:05:58 PM »
Carle and Pronger are big losses to the D. Who knows though; maybe the time off will help the older vets?  This lockout is a shame.

Hat trick for Bettman - 94 - 04 - 12

Offline CarolinaCubbies

• Rookie
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CHC:
    • :CAR:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :NorthCarolinaState:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :Racing:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
Big Flyer fan here... This team could do it if healthy and hot at the right time.  It's a shame there is no season to find out!