www.fantrax.com (GM's must have a fantrax ID to participate.)

Author Topic: One major problem with this league  (Read 1778 times)

Offline PigsRule

• GM (Hall Of Fame)
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
Re: One major problem with this league
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »
I see this thread as an opportunity for some teams to hurl negative comments and see no need to leave this open any long. The title itself is ultra negative in tone.

if the league owners want to discuss this MiLR matter in a professional matter, pl open a new thread and be professional.

thread closed.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

Capn Cally

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 04:59:07 PM »
I don't know what the last manager was smoking but that Avs roster is stacked with prospects. Why would anyone sit round and wait years to rebuild a fantasy team. You can build or tear down a team almost overnight anytime.

On that note why don't you send over Huberneau/Jurco and see what I'll send back. haha

Haha... I was talking more about the guys signed on the NHL roster than the guys in the minors! Kuznetsov, Shore, Pulk, Thomas, Bulmer, etc etc. Seems pointless to have em on my roster since they're not in the NHL.
But oh well my NHL players suck too so overall the team as a whole will suck until those young guys hit the NHL. This is a fairly low-maintenance team haha. Just set the roster and watch the team get destroyed every week! I'm prepared for the worst...!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PsychoticPondGoons

• GM (Hall Of Fame)
    • :BAL-NFL:
    • :PHI-NHL:
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »

Isn't the point of a minor league team to: have "minor league" players - or in this case, players under 40 games of NHL experience?

I bring this up because I know my team has about 5 players that have not played in the NHL and maybe won't play in the NHL (40 games anyways) for 1-3 more seasons.
What's the point of burning roster spots on a team like mine when they won't contribute.
I have what, 3C, 4LW, 3RW, 1G and a full set of D to compete with this year, with the rest of the roster filled out by guys that most likely won't play this year, and if they do, will have very little impact.
Why are those types of players not "allowed" to be sent to the minor league system? Half of my RW group have never skated in an NHL game...

Don't get me wrong, I knew this "rule" or "system" whey I joined, so I am not complaining - I'm just using my team as an example because I know it better than anyone else's. I'm sure other teams have some players, or prospects, that are on their NHL team that won't be in the NHL for a while either.

Just seems silly to try to compete with other teams' full rosters, when there are still prospects on your main roster that won't contribute any points.

If I actually didn't give a poop about my team I'd buy out all the NHL players and sign whatever rookies are left over from previous years drafts (kind of like snug has slowly been doing) and then just tank it for the next 2 years to get higher draft picks in the yearly draft.

I don't know what the last manager was smoking but that Avs roster is stacked with prospects. Why would anyone sit round and wait years to rebuild a fantasy team. You can build or tear down a team almost overnight anytime.

On that note why don't you send over Huberneau/Jurco and see what I'll send back. haha
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
PPG's Theme Song EC Lucky X - Welcome Spring2020
PPG's Chill Vibes Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Live to brawl. - J.Yablonski
"I don't like to hurt people. Sometimes I just can't help it." - George Steinbrenner :NYY:

23-24 FNHL Champion NEW YORK RANGERS :NYR: win the  $530.00 PAYOUT!

Best Fantasy Hockey League (25$ returning team fee 2024-25):
FNHL TEAMS FOR SALE!
:Commish: *** CURRENTLY FULL *** :Commish:

Offline PsychoticPondGoons

• GM (Hall Of Fame)
    • :BAL-NFL:
    • :PHI-NHL:
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
How can you even post this if you stand for teams snipping the young talent from struggling squads?  The teams that get the guys quickest to the NHL need them the most.  This is a confusing statement.

And your dig on Boston assumes that the administration wasn't smart enough to follow the rules clearly written out.  Lets bring the problem to the root of the issue if we're going to bring it up.

It's like you have it in for people around here bro. What gives
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
PPG's Theme Song EC Lucky X - Welcome Spring2020
PPG's Chill Vibes Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Live to brawl. - J.Yablonski
"I don't like to hurt people. Sometimes I just can't help it." - George Steinbrenner :NYY:

23-24 FNHL Champion NEW YORK RANGERS :NYR: win the  $530.00 PAYOUT!

Best Fantasy Hockey League (25$ returning team fee 2024-25):
FNHL TEAMS FOR SALE!
:Commish: *** CURRENTLY FULL *** :Commish:

joeshmoe

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
so agreed Snug, i see protecting each team as part of the league's/commissioner's mandate.  :judge:  :toast:

How can you even post this if you stand for teams snipping the young talent from struggling squads?  The teams that get the guys quickest to the NHL need them the most.  This is a confusing statement.

And your dig on Boston assumes that the administration wasn't smart enough to follow the rules clearly written out.  Lets bring the problem to the root of the issue if we're going to bring it up.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 02:48:07 PM »
this is a great discussion btw...

now let me speak as a team owner and not the commish... i have to balance the thinking here.

:FLO: owner says... seriously guys! seriously?!?

u can't have ur cake and eat it too.
all these comments below ask for hand-holding.
it takes min. of 60-days (2months) play 40 NHL games. if you're not on the site in 2 months, it's best you step away from any league, not just FNHL.  :o
note: inactive owners was a serious issue in yr1, no?? so why reward inactivity? doesn't make sense.

also, if 40 games isn't enough to assess rookie talent, that's a seperate matter.
suggestion: raise MiLR games limit from 40 to 82 games.  :thumbsup:
but who's gonna say, "hold it, it takes longer to evaluate goalies and d-men!"?
someone drew the line for the rule. it's a rule to keep the league structured. isn't that the point of these leagues, some structure but not all uniform.

now this comment above is kinda funny imo.

i can say the same for teams that joined well after FNHL was setup and took on projects and crippled teams (ones without any goalie, without cap space, no prospects on the horizon).

the likes of NYI, CHI, CBJ, COL + MON are all so-called "have not" teams and i can sympathize with them. even :PHO: and my :FLO: were projects without a starter when hockeyfreak47 and i took over our teams last July'11... but isn't that the point of fantasy sometimes to take on a full rebuild and having some fun with it? i invited all those new owners and openly told them the teams were projects. in fact i told snug and a few others the :NYI: was the biggest project outside of :CHI-NHL:  (it's no wonder it took forever to find their new owner).

the way i see it, the 40 gms and done rule is asking owners to monitor + manage their team present + future. isn't that why ppl signed up for this league ... there's a MiLR to play with!? otherwise, what's the point of a minor league system if you except someone else to automatically manage your minors for you either manually or with safety net rules?

should the :EC: automatically roll over every pending FA's contract as well? isn't that what you guys are basically asking for here? i hope not.

You miss the point completely, congrats!  :toth:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• *ProFSL Hall Of Famer
  • GM (Elite)
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »
Hey now i still have enough guys to fill my roster on any given night.  :toth:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Capn Cally

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 01:53:02 PM »
the way i see it, the 40 gms and done rule is asking owners to monitor + manage their team present + future. isn't that why ppl signed up for this league ... there's a MiLR to play with!? otherwise, what's the point of a minor league system if you except someone else to automatically manage your minors for you either manually or with safety net rules?

should the :EC: automatically roll over every pending FA's contract as well? isn't that what you guys are basically asking for here? i hope not.

Isn't the point of a minor league team to: have "minor league" players - or in this case, players under 40 games of NHL experience?

I bring this up because I know my team has about 5 players that have not played in the NHL and maybe won't play in the NHL (40 games anyways) for 1-3 more seasons.
What's the point of burning roster spots on a team like mine when they won't contribute.
I have what, 3C, 4LW, 3RW, 1G and a full set of D to compete with this year, with the rest of the roster filled out by guys that most likely won't play this year, and if they do, will have very little impact.
Why are those types of players not "allowed" to be sent to the minor league system? Half of my RW group have never skated in an NHL game...

Don't get me wrong, I knew this "rule" or "system" whey I joined, so I am not complaining - I'm just using my team as an example because I know it better than anyone else's. I'm sure other teams have some players, or prospects, that are on their NHL team that won't be in the NHL for a while either.

Just seems silly to try to compete with other teams' full rosters, when there are still prospects on your main roster that won't contribute any points.

If I actually didn't give a poop about my team I'd buy out all the NHL players and sign whatever rookies are left over from previous years drafts (kind of like snug has slowly been doing) and then just tank it for the next 2 years to get higher draft picks in the yearly draft.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• *ProFSL Hall Of Famer
  • GM (Elite)
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »
I have no problem with the rebuild, I actually took the NYI as a challenge. 

I was mainly looking at the hodgson example, since the petry one is a ho, hum gamble but Hodgson is and will be a great player.  I know in my league that I comish if I saw a team letting a guy like hodgson go without signing him I would have probably blocked that deal as either the GM isnt knowledgeable or inactive. 

That said this didnt happen on your watch so you cant bare the responsibility for it.  I was making a suggestion to prevent it in the future, which as I pointed out in a previous thread hopefully shouldnt be an issue with the new crop of active GM's. 

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline PigsRule

• GM (Hall Of Fame)
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 11:12:48 AM »
this is a great discussion btw...

now let me speak as a team owner and not the commish... i have to balance the thinking here.

:FLO: owner says... seriously guys! seriously?!?

u can't have ur cake and eat it too.
all these comments below ask for hand-holding.
it takes min. of 60-days (2months) play 40 NHL games. if you're not on the site in 2 months, it's best you step away from any league, not just FNHL.  :o
note: inactive owners was a serious issue in yr1, no?? so why reward inactivity? doesn't make sense.

also, if 40 games isn't enough to assess rookie talent, that's a seperate matter.
suggestion: raise MiLR games limit from 40 to 82 games.  :thumbsup:
but who's gonna say, "hold it, it takes longer to evaluate goalies and d-men!"?
someone drew the line for the rule. it's a rule to keep the league structured. isn't that the point of these leagues, some structure but not all uniform.

Whoa whoa whoa, joeshmoe, are you saying that once a player hits 40 games in the NHL and isn't signed to a contract/brought up to the NHL club, that they are automatically released into FA for everyone to bid on?

That seems quite ridiculous...

As joeshmoe said, not all of us can be on a computer to track when the 40th game is played, or even the 37-39th....
But at the same time, 40 games is pretty tough to judge a rookie's value.
The 40 and done rule seems to move favor the active GM's while hurting the teams with an inactive GM and although I do believe in rewarding activity, there has been a lot of poaching of the inactive teams which I feel need protecting until its a fully 30 active GM league. 
And it does impact play, as it creates an artificial gap between the haves and have nots....that doesnt need to be.

now this comment above is kinda funny imo.

i can say the same for teams that joined well after FNHL was setup and took on projects and crippled teams (ones without any goalie, without cap space, no prospects on the horizon).

the likes of NYI, CHI, CBJ, COL + MON are all so-called "have not" teams and i can sympathize with them. even :PHO: and my :FLO: were projects without a starter when hockeyfreak47 and i took over our teams last July'11... but isn't that the point of fantasy sometimes to take on a full rebuild and having some fun with it? i invited all those new owners and openly told them the teams were projects. in fact i told snug and a few others the :NYI: was the biggest project outside of :CHI-NHL:  (it's no wonder it took forever to find their new owner).

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

GM Level Up Available!

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Brent: Damn, my time online is/was a lot.  IIRC, there was a time when I had the record for the most consecutive days.
    September 13, 2024, 05:43:36 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: ProFSL expanded calendar [link]
    September 13, 2024, 06:35:57 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just sent you a message @Live
    September 13, 2024, 06:36:33 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Thank you.
    September 13, 2024, 06:44:32 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Site upgrades are on going. We never stop upgrading leagues or the site so that tomorrow's experience will always be better than yesterday's.
    September 13, 2024, 06:47:11 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: @LNL this is "transfer portal" only recruiting. Meaning 5 per team. National Recruiting is closed. Thank you :toth:
    September 13, 2024, 09:37:31 PM
  • jimw: Brent you're only 600 days out of the #1spot :) will take awhile
    September 13, 2024, 10:02:23 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Happy Birthday @TheProfessor. May you have many more.
    September 14, 2024, 11:02:08 AM
  • Ben: Good Saturday morning all. Hoping to see some chaos today in the college ranks
    September 14, 2024, 11:15:12 AM
  • Brian: Good morning ben
    September 14, 2024, 11:36:51 AM
  • Brian: Happy birthday professor
    September 14, 2024, 11:37:42 AM
  • Brian: 4340 people on here today thats crazy.
    September 14, 2024, 11:38:21 AM
  • Brian: I have been on this site for a long time we have never had that many and i mean never.
    September 14, 2024, 11:39:06 AM
  • Brent: @jimw, I did take a near 3-year break from ProFSL from Dec 2015 until summer of 2018.
    September 14, 2024, 07:33:33 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Well one of these 4000 people out here need to step up and take on an FGM team.  :NYY: is open and :OAK: & :SEA: have not checked in.  As far as I concerned, of olI can get an active GM to take them on, they're open too.
    September 14, 2024, 08:52:26 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: Show me that you're not just all bots!  [link]
    September 14, 2024, 08:53:06 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: No ghosts need apply, just real people please
    September 14, 2024, 08:54:22 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: I'm waiting for this UFC dynasty to be generated. This UFC card is crazy tonight. And there is the dome in Vegas. New bucketlist adventure
    September 14, 2024, 09:47:09 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Working on it.
    September 14, 2024, 09:48:56 PM
  • Brian: If anybody is interested we have openings in fgm Yankees and seattle u can pm me if interested in a great baseball league
    September 14, 2024, 10:27:04 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: There is not one league that should have an opening besides the new concept leagues that are start ups.
    September 15, 2024, 10:30:01 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: ProFSL stats [link]
    September 16, 2024, 09:00:32 AM
  • Rhino7: Thanks for the stream
    September 16, 2024, 08:11:54 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: You're welcome!
    September 16, 2024, 08:53:14 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: NCAA LIVE POWER 25 NATIONAL RANKINGS [link]
    September 16, 2024, 10:17:06 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Week 3 NFL LIVE Matchup/Preview [link]
    September 17, 2024, 12:58:17 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: :LVG:
    September 18, 2024, 12:29:42 AM
  • LIVE DynastySports: :LVG2:
    September 18, 2024, 12:55:33 AM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Welcome to MLB LIVE Las Vegas Gamblers. those are your new logos. :toth: (LVG & LVG2)
    September 18, 2024, 01:00:06 AM
  • ldsjayhawk: So, are they moving to Oakland when the A's move to Las Vegas?  Lol
    September 18, 2024, 10:44:51 AM
  • TheProfessor: Viva Las Vegas!!!
    September 18, 2024, 11:22:49 AM
  • jimw: A's moving to Las Vegas for 2028 season.  Playing in Sacramento until then
    September 18, 2024, 06:16:36 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: 155 member accounts have logged on at some point in 2024. Some of them are no longer with us (RIP). We only have one league with over 32 GMs needed to be full.
    Yesterday at 10:24:07 AM
  • LIVE DynastySports: That league NCAA LIVE is full (or can be at any time) needing 64 Membered GMs. If anyone has a 30 team or less league that isn't full. It's not because of the site or GM pool.
    Yesterday at 10:31:19 AM
  • LIVE DynastySports: 100 members since 8/19/24 alone have logged on. :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:37:08 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hello
    Yesterday at 06:14:39 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night. Been sick all week so been processing and sleeping so around to talk any trades
    Yesterday at 07:07:32 PM
  • Ben: Good morning all you diehards and fans alike out there
    Today at 08:02:13 AM
  • Ben: IN MLB LIVE I might be down to the an expansion team and make the Yankees open if an expansion team still is available
    Today at 11:12:23 AM
  • LIVE DynastySports: When was the last baseball expansion? Exciting times!
    Today at 01:51:36 PM
  • MauriceAJR: Exciting indeed, Baseball GM is a different beast.
    Today at 02:28:12 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: My Son @YouGotMossed is currently in Japan. Our family has now been to every continent but Australia & Antarctica. Im just proud is all. Enjoy Japan Son bring me back a gift. (Insert eye emoji)
    Today at 06:31:32 PM
  • Rhino7: That’s pretty cool. I’ve only been to 2 continents (N&S America)
    Today at 06:47:55 PM
  • MauriceAJR: Bring me a gift too :)
    Today at 06:55:13 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: James Madison over North Carolina [link] in stunning fashion.
    Today at 06:59:48 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: They need to get JMU :JamesMadison: on fantrax.. Kudos!
    Today at 07:07:16 PM
  • Ben: 70-50 is nuts tho
    Today at 09:08:55 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Is anyone keeping track of time on ProFSL for the people? What time is it on our clock?
    Today at 10:18:04 PM
  • TheLongHorn: Showtime
    Today at 10:56:14 PM
  • LIVE DynastySports: Sure you right. :)
    Today at 11:00:22 PM

Database Search