Scouting Department

Blank

Blank Blank Chicago Cubs Cincinnati Reds Milwaukee Brewers Pittsburgh Pirates St. Louis Cardinals :: Cleveland Indians Detroit Tigers Kansas City Royals Chicago White Sox Minnesota Twins
Atlanta Braves Miami Marlins New York Mets Philadelphia Phillies Washington Nationals :: Baltimore Orioles Boston Red Sox Toronto Blue Jays New York Yankees Tampa Bay Rays
Arizona Diamondbacks Colorado Rockies Los Angeles Dodgers San Diego Padres San Francisco Giants :: Houston Astros Oakland Athletics Seattle Mariners Texas Rangers Los Angeles Angels Blank
 2012 Champion :WAS: 2013 Champion :MIL: Blank
 2014 Champion :DET: 2015 Champion TBD Blank Blank Blank Blank Blank Blank Blank

Author Topic: Official Power Rankings Thread  (Read 402 times)

Online Corey

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 1157
    • :ATL:
    • :KAN:
    • :OKC:
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :Duke:
    • :England:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :MLB:
Official Power Rankings Thread
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »
Power Rankings are opinion based only and have absolutely 0 affect on payouts or standings. These opinions are mine alone. You are more than welcome to post your thoughts to my opinions, you may also post your own rankings. This is just a fun little thing we do in a lot of leagues. I post rankings every other week or so, and I will post my opinions on teams Sunday evening or Monday morning.  :koolaid:

Online Corey

• *Senior Staff
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 1157
    • :KAN:
    • :OKC:
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :Duke:
    • :England:
    • View Profile
Re: Official Power Rankings Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
1. :NYY: 21-0 - Yanks look awfully tough to beat. Wieters, Arod, Tex, Cano, Granderson, Jeter, Upton. Grienke, Marcum, Garza, Sabathia and Burnett.. :o
2. :CIN: 17-0-4 - The Reds are the only other team without a lose. Ryan Braun comes calling to team up with Votto. NL Central might be the Reds for away after getting Braun.
3. :TEX: 17-4 - Ive never seen a dynasty league where the Rangers arent a lock to win. SD is no different. Not only do they come loaded, this ownership added Johan and his great start and Josh Willingham.. .289 11HR 41RBI.. Rangers say thank you for playing in the NL West... I win.
4. :BOS: 18-3 - Like usual the AL East is a Red Sox vs Yankees slug fest. Boston has a sick pitching staff with the additions of Gallardo Volquez and Billingsley. Right now they just wish they had a healthy OF
5. :STL: 14-7 - The cardinals are a force. As long as guys like Craig and Carpenter hold done the fort for Berko to return. Beltran Freese Furcal and Yady arent to shabby either.
6. :CHW: 14-7 - All you need to know is 3 names. Dunn, Konerko and Giancarlo. Since we started scoring the 3 of them have combined for 41HRS 94RBI's. oops, did I forget to mention Viciedo's 10HR's as well...
7. :NYM: 14-7 - My pick for the most improved roster is also on pace to win the NL East. They have offense, Young, Wright, Cespedes and Santana. Dickey, JJ and Wandy are very solid arms.. even before Dickey goes crazy on us.
8. :LAA: 10-4-7 - 7 ties really? GM JMAC, must be going nuts with all these kissing sister ties. Even with that, no worries in LA, playoffs are expected and should be well within there grasp. Have never seen a better GM than what currently resides in LA
9. :SF: 14-7 - The Giants currently sitting atop the AL West. Colorado and Los Angeles, have to be frustrated early on with this.
10. :LAD: 13-8 - If you asked GM Papps before the year if he would take 13-8 with no Matt Kemp, I bet he would say oh heck yes. All signs look good for the Dodgers.
11. :DET: 12-6-3 - The Tigers are a mystery team, just like Real Life. They should be so much better than this. But then you realize Avila hurt and 5 guys hitting below .260 and noone in double figures in HR. Nowhere to go but up in my book
12. :COL: 11-10 - If they could ever get a pitcher who might get someone out, that would go a long way. Getting Tulo back as well would be huge. Only time will tell.
13. :KC: 10-8-3 - White Sox and Tigers currently ahead of the Royals. Its time for them to kick it in gear before the Tigers get hot.
14. :HOU: 12-9 - Surprising Astros at 12-9 and in WC contention. Not to many leagues do you find the Astros in contention. Must be the Altuve kid.
15. :MIL: Massive trade, trading there 2 best players within the division. Only time will tell if it works out.
16. :WAS: 7-7 - Schedule issue with Fantrax leaves them in record limbo, but Harp, Stras, Gio, Zimmer a hot LaRoche... can they keep it up.
17. :SEA: 8-10-3 - The Mariners are one of the teams that we will learn a lot about in the next 3 or 4 weeks. Are they going to be buyers or sellers?  We'll find out
18. :TB: 4-17 - Injuries to Longo and Jennings are killing the Rays. This team is much better than there record. They got to turn it around fast...
19. :PIT: 10-11 - The Pirates need a big week or 2 to plant themselves in the NL Central picture
20. :BAL: 10-11 - Looking for a manager, but what a surprise these guys are. The next few weeks will tell a lot for the Orioles
21. :SD: 7-9-4 - Very good surprise are the Padres. There winning games this year while acquiring young players for the future. No bad moves from this GM
22. :MIA-MLB: 7-10-4 - Jose is gona break out soon, and the Marlins will be flying high. Only a matter of time.
23. :PHI: 7-10-4 - Much like the real life Phillies, they are a major victim of the injury bug
24. :MIN: 6-15 - Solid specs and cleared all there big contract A+ on the GM scale.
25. :ARZ: 7-10-4 - There better than the teams ranked ahead of them, but they shouldnt be 7-10-4... What is wrong in the desert.
26. :OAK: 4-13-4 - Oakland saying "Thank Gosh, no division play for awhile." The A's were 0-10-4 against the AL West to start the season.
27. :TOR: 3-18 - Not as bad the record as much like the Indians and Cubs this team is built for the years ahead.
28. :ATL: 3-18 - What is happening in Atlanta, so much talent so little production..
29. :CLE: 0-21 - Current convo between ownership and coach. Owner "It cant get any worse, win or your out"  Coach- "At least were not the Cubs" Owner " Your right, your job is safe"
30. :CHC: 0-21 - So this is what the cellar looks like.

Online OUDAN

• *ProFSL Gold
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :NYY:
    • :DAL:
    • :LAL:
    • :Oklahoma:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »
look at the Love for the :CHW: lol we love our big bats thanks Corey for the love
"People don't know what it means to be champions, Oklahoma invented it."
-Barry "The King" Switzer

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

:win: 2014 FGM Champ

Offline Jake

• MVP
    • :ARI:
    • :SA:
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :NFL:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:53:11 AM »
Good work, Corey. Love the Cleveland analysis.
'Do you have any conceivable reason for even getting up in the morning?'

'I like to get the Daily News.'

Offline dday

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:14:28 AM »
two mariners mention and no TB?  I know I have alot of injury problems but at least jennings has come back.

Offline daWoodshed

• *ProFSL Gold
  • All-Pro
    • :ARZ:
    • :PHX:
    • :ArizonaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
Good work Corey  :winner:

The Reds are overrated at No.2...look for the Pads to knock them off this week despite our ravaged pitching staff

Online Jonathan

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 103
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :Blank:
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 02:34:42 AM »
Good work Corey  :winner:

The Reds are overrated at No.2...look for the Pads to knock them off this week despite our ravaged pitching staff

ha, and I got as many HR's and you have rbi's  :bla:

Online Jonathan

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 103
    • View Profile
  • Fantasy Sport: :Blank:
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 03:00:17 AM »
I got 2 of the top 3 hitters on my team.
Joey Votto is red hot too, here is his average per month and is on pace to hit the most doubles ever.
The Most ever was 67 and he is on pace for 72.Article

April- .289
May- .355
June- .500

Offline daWoodshed

• *ProFSL Gold
  • All-Pro
    • :ARZ:
    • :PHX:
    • :ArizonaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »
ha, and I got as many HR's and you have rbi's  :bla:

:doh: our bats are in the deep freeze

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
MLB team that has won the most World Series, the New York _______:
NFL team that has won the most Super Bowls, the Pittsburgh _______:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

ProFSL Fantasy Sports

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • OUDAN: Hey Corey dont forget to paypal $ for my espn league when you can
    Today at 12:37:58 PM
  • Corey: oh yea how much again?
    Today at 12:41:13 PM
  • OUDAN: $25
    Today at 12:41:36 PM
  • OUDAN: Also if you need WR I have a few lol
    Today at 12:41:50 PM
  • Corey: Yep want one.
    Today at 12:42:42 PM
  • Corey: SIM league is going to fill quickly boys. Get your team while you can [link]
    Today at 12:43:22 PM
  • Corey: Sent sooner
    Today at 12:43:48 PM
  • Ginstwin: Not sure if you guys are into College Football but I found an exceptional scheduler .
    Today at 12:44:33 PM
  • Ginstwin: [link]
    Today at 12:44:38 PM
  • Corey: Gins do you play in NCAA leagues. We have a redraft league drafting live on Fantrax on 9/1
    Today at 12:45:53 PM
  • Ginstwin: No i dont Corey just starting to get into it really . Just wanted to share that site as its the best i have found.
    Today at 12:47:57 PM
  • Ginstwin: Next season hopefully i will understand a little more about NCAA !
    Today at 12:48:18 PM
  • Jonathan: I left the cubs for JP, you think he will join?
    Today at 12:48:58 PM
  • Corey: I think he will. I am going to put him in as Cubs until we know for sure.
    Today at 12:49:39 PM
  • Corey: Good thought Jonathan
    Today at 12:49:46 PM
  • Jonathan: Yeah, Cubs are best team as far as pure potential in a sim league lol
    Today at 12:50:24 PM
  • OUDAN: I debated them when I was posting
    Today at 12:51:18 PM
  • OUDAN: Wanted more pitching so went :LAD: lol
    Today at 12:51:26 PM
  • Jonathan: The league I am in uses a cap ceiling, that is pretty low.  Max is 136M. Hard to pick without knowing exact rules.
    Today at 12:54:24 PM
  • Corey: jwalk100 takes the Astros!
    Today at 12:54:39 PM
  • Corey: Jonathan whats your email, I can forward you the stuff. Cooper will be posting everything soon but I have the shell [link]
    Today at 12:55:29 PM
  • Corey: oops disregard the link, just need your email
    Today at 12:55:40 PM
  • OUDAN: Hmm if there is a salary cap I may change teams
    Today at 12:56:32 PM
  • Corey: Caps vary by team
    Today at 12:59:16 PM
  • Jonathan: Its not a cap, but a range. I am not sure what the rules are.
    Today at 12:59:23 PM
  • Corey: Just like RL
    Today at 12:59:26 PM
  • OUDAN: Yeah if I get the dodgers cap then Im good lol
    Today at 01:00:03 PM
  • OUDAN: just didnt wanna have to cut down to 150m or something lol
    Today at 01:00:20 PM
  • Jonathan: Pomeranz threw a no-hitter for me the other day and Gregorson got a 80 gam ban for PED lol
    Today at 01:00:59 PM
  • Jonathan: Fun stuff.
    Today at 01:01:19 PM
  • OUDAN: Billy Hamilton had like 150 steals for me one season lol
    Today at 01:01:29 PM
  • OUDAN: Dude is impossible to throw out on that game if you actually play the games out pitch by pitch
    Today at 01:01:57 PM
  • Jonathan: League I am in, all the teams budgets are between 100-150M. I think that is too make is realistic for a sim league and not give anyone a huge advantage.
    Today at 01:08:03 PM
  • Jonathan: Look at that dodger payroll though, 272M, that is 200M more than Miami.
    Today at 01:15:48 PM
  • Corey: At least in OOTP its even harder to trade those players than in our fantasy leagues
    Today at 01:17:13 PM
  • Corey: Yankees are now taken
    Today at 01:20:00 PM
  • OUDAN: Ill cut their asses lol but yes it is harder for sure!
    Today at 01:25:15 PM
  • OUDAN: I was debating two teams the reason i went dodgers was the cap lol
    Today at 01:25:29 PM
  • OUDAN: well and Puig isnt a pussy on ootp
    Today at 01:25:41 PM
  • Corey: Someone will always deal but in the sim format you will literally have to dump cap for a scrub
    Today at 01:28:44 PM
  • OUDAN: True
    Today at 01:46:28 PM
  • OUDAN: I like the map for the header Corey
    Today at 01:47:20 PM
  • Corey: Refresh, what do you like better the map or Logo?
    Today at 01:48:27 PM
  • Corey: D-Rose what?
    Today at 01:49:01 PM
  • Corey: [link]
    Today at 01:49:05 PM
  • Jpsprague10: This OOTP sounds incredibl
    Today at 01:54:49 PM
  • Jonathan: Package a prospect will move cap easily.
    Today at 01:57:21 PM
  • Jonathan: I bet a OOTP league is easier to run than a league on here. Team pages are all webpages and software handles most the work. Live sim is only real work.
    Today at 01:59:10 PM
  • Corey: JP it is. JP we reserved the Cubs for you, Jonathan's idea
    Today at 01:59:27 PM
  • Corey: Jonathan I agree, it has to be less time ha
    Today at 01:59:43 PM