* UCI WorldTour

Author Topic: Call me crazy (aka additional leagues brainstorming)  (Read 10213 times)

Offline glomser

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :FEY:
    • View Profile
Re: Call me crazy (aka additional leagues brainstorming)
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »
World Tour

Like both ideas

QF

Like the points system by round... But I haven't got Whatsapp so I will drop this game if that would be added.

CR

Isn't it possible to let all players sent in their top 5 per categorie. Also let them also make a list of these categories in points with 20 points to spent on this. fe. with 10 categories you can give 9 of them 1 point and 1 categorie 11, but you can also spread the points.

Then Managers get the first choise in the categorie where they have add the most points to. The number 2 gets then his highest pick that is free and so on... If there is a tie no one gets the pick... Not all riders will be chosen so we start with another draft. But only now we get 15 points to add and still make our top 5 lists...

I'm not sure this will work but it's only an idea to change things... And a little bit different from Garfields idea.

RC

Maybe here;s the points per round is also possible.. So 1 point for round one pick 2 points for round 2 pick...
Like the idea of one rider per real-life team. For nations I'm not sure as there aren't many good Slovenians, Russians, Polish. Letzeburgian or South African riders...  So it's only for the big countries as France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Netherlands and GB... And perhaps Germany.

New leagues:

It it an option to do something with the neo's? Like chose 3 or 4 of them for a max of 500 points or so. And the team with the biggest increasement wins...

Winner Quick Fix Giro 2017

Offline Teton

• Legend
    • :CHI:
    • :POR:
    • :OregonState:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2017, 04:28:38 PM »

UCI World Tour
  • For signings Ä40+, immediately announce an extension at 200% salary.
  • Optional 2-year contracts for 2nd-rounders.

I like both ideas, but am not sure we should make any changes to this hallmark league.

Quick Fix
  • Round 2 picks score double, round 5 picks score x5 etc.
  • No more clock penalties.
  • Use previous season's main game score as price tags.
  • Draft via WhatsApp if still too slow.

Increasing the score by the round selected makes sense.
The clock issue is a tuff one, worse with the time zones involved. As I help run the drafts, I felt real unpopular last year as I skipped people who timed out. I think it would help if EVERYONE linked their PM's to Their Email on this site.
I think we should stick with CQ scoring  whenever possible.
I have no Idea what "WhatsApp" is??

Country Roads

Perhaps eliminated a couple of the weaker categories. Geezer, Global, Rebound.

Rainbow Cup
  • In a further attempt to spice up this otherwise straightforward game: additional constraints? Say one rider per nation. Or one rider per real-life team. Or both?

I think we should stick with CQ scoring  whenever possible.
No changes. Not sure how the Nations, or real-Life??, would help this league.

New leagues
We currently have a strong list of unique league options.
Quick Ardennes 2019  - 1st
Cyclopaths 2018 1st
Quick Vuelta 2018  1st
Quick Tour 2018  1st
Quick Giro 2018 - 2nd
Quick Ardennes 2018  - 1st
Rainbow Cup 2017 - 2nd
Quick Cobbles 2016 - 1st
Rainbow Cup 2016 - 1st

Offline Canto

• All-Star
    • :USC:
    • :MUD:
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »
Like both  ideas for the UCI Word tour.

Offline oliveira

• All-Star
    • :FCP:
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
I think we should be very cautious about new rules for UCI WT as new rules bring more complexity to the game and it is more difficult to recruit new DS if the rules are not simple enough.

I mean, I like the ideas, but I think we should preserve the relative simplicity of our main game.

Offline davy duck

• All-Star
    • :AND:
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »
UCI World Tour
    For signings Ä40+, immediately announce an extension at 200% salary.
    Optional 2-year contracts for 2nd-rounders.

I donít like both.
Itís needless extra complexity in my opinion. It feels like or speculating for dumb luck, or ruining partly the next season. It has nothing to do with the main goal of this game.
And I believe both will have a modest impact on the ending result.

Quick Fix
    Round 2 picks score double, round 5 picks score x5 etc.
    No more clock penalties.
    Use previous season's main game score as price tags.
    Draft via WhatsApp if still too slow.

Yes-yes-no- and no
1st no:  itís almost inpossible to have a correct list of riders with their result of the main game. As Iím sure there are some (minor) mistakes in the score counting. CQ changes results sometimes after we copy/pasted them in our form. Mostly itís in the back of the result: f.e. riders out of time limit. So I prefer the original CQ score.
2nd no: Instead of drafting clock, you could make fixed time frames for everybody. Then you know way in advance when itís your turn. You could anticipate this way by sending a top 3 to a mod or a colleague you trust. As some people never heard of whatsapp, itís a bad idea.

Country Roads
    Customize your draft order or a single draft in spite of 12 categories.
The categorizing is just the thing that makes this game other than all the other games. Perhaps there is need for more thinking about the categories, and which riders to put in those categories. You could go crazy in those categories. It doesnít have to so with cycling. Ideas: categorizing per country, only riders with ďbalĒ in their name, a rider may be in multiple categories that way there is no limit on the number of categories, a category with riders who have the name of a cartoon figure, etc etc etc Ö

Rainbow Cup
Keep as is in my opinion. Absolute freedom who to pick.

FYC
Keep as is in my opinion. Let it go in this format for 2 more season, and see how things go with the extensions.
I really love the format. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact I crushed you all  :disco:

Offline TERatcliffe26

• MVP
    • :JAC:
    • :VAN:
    • :STO:
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »
WT

Not fussed about the first one
Big problem with the current way Neo is done which is why i made the 2 year for 2nd pick suggestion. If anything your 2nd pick should be 2 years and first pick 1 year. Basically people at the top of the draft can get a Gaviria for 2 years, yet my pick low down in the 2nd round goes after 1 year whilst still maturing. I cant see the sense/fairness in this way of doing it. Yes I get that those that have struggled get the early picks but 2 years of Gaviria compared to a 1 year 2nd round pick far outways the difference in scores generally from top to bottom come the end of the season over 2 years.

Quick fix

Not a throwing dummies out of the pram, but it needs a massive shake up for me to continue with it, and for me the biggest problem is the use of CQ scoring as it is. This is used the same for all the games, and in this game you effectively have to use a score when drafting that is non reflective of there ability in the races we use for this game aside from the big boys of which you cannot afford more than 1 or 2. Dupont for an example had a score of around 1000, none of which came from any races we use (except maybe the odd points in some of the early classic races), same with Dumoulin, 800 odd CQ with very little from WT races

Country roads

Kinda gave my opinion already, keep the categories but use a snake draft whereby people pick form whichever category as you go through the draft until they have a rider from each, so they make there own importance on category

The rest of the games seem fine

Offline Joelsim

• All-Star
    • :BOL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2017, 02:48:09 PM »
I agree with you TER. My neosí scores added up across all 3 years Iíve played the game donít add up to a single year of Gaviria, Ewan or similar riders. The draft being the same both times also doesnít help when youíre near the bottom. Very unfair.

Offline Garfield

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :PHX:
    • :ARS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2017, 08:20:52 AM »
Many thanks for everybody's feedback :toast:

UCI World Tour

Decision - mixed reviews, thus no changes in 2018.

(The game itself wouldn't improve much, thus doesn't need to become more complex.)

However, Tom's newest idea of 1-year contracts for 1st-rounders sounds VERY interesting because it would remove a toxic situation where you start the auctions already 1000+ points behind somebody (vide Gaviria's 2017), and thus would improve the game considerably. It was first raised mere hours ago, but I'd like to listen to more feedback here, and then announce the decision for 2019 WITHIN A WEEK, so that nobody tanks in vain.

Quick Fix

Most likely decision - three changes:
  • Round 2 picks score double, round 5 picks score x5 etc.
  • No more clock penalties.
The latter opposed by Davy, but I disagree: we don't care how reliable the number is. It is just an arbitrary number, everybody knows this number, and is still obliged to explicitly include this number when posting a pick. Fewer untouchable riders + more sneaky picks = even better chances with a late pick. Details still to be discussed in order to make sure we're not opening a Pandora's box. There would be a wide array of free riders. A single year of feedback is a fresh twist to the usual "higher of the last two" we use, but also creates some injury-riddled bargains like KŲnig in any GT. All riders would become cheaper, thus the budget would probably need to go down to 2700.

Country Roads

Most likely decision - a single draft in spite of 12 categories.
Of course the relative scoring remains.
Almost 200 picks, thus a clock of 12 hours and an earlier start, just after the WorldTour insanity slows down.

Rainbow Cup

Most likely decision - no changes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:09:07 AM by Garfield »
Leagues I run: Advanced NBA, Cycling, All-Europe Football

Offline Joelsim

• All-Star
    • :BOL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »
Yep, I prefer all neos on 1 year contracts. Very very unfair to get 2 bonus years.

Offline GTF

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2017, 07:29:30 PM »
I'm not sure there's any problem with the neo-pro draft as it is now - there is very little correlation between the draft order and final standings. I think it's important to remember that for every Gaviria, there are other big talents who do nothing for 2 years (e.g. Dombrowski). An early draft pick does not guarantee future success.

Having said that, I'm not opposed to Tom's idea but for a different reason. I think 1st-rounders would almost certainly command lower salaries/shorter contracts if they were on the open market a year earlier, which wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Brent: Lots of individuals on Dallas.  If they pay Dak the $40M/yr that he wants,that will be the end of them.
    October 14, 2019, 01:45:58 AM
  • Yeagg: Dak has been playing well
    October 14, 2019, 01:49:03 AM
  • indiansnation: i agree with brent he is good but not worth that kind of money
    October 14, 2019, 01:53:50 AM
  • Brent: He's not $40M/yr good.  they they will have 20% of their cap tied up in one position.
    October 14, 2019, 01:54:56 AM
  • Yeagg: Honestly idk BooYah! about football. I just play fantasy football for fun
    October 14, 2019, 01:56:44 AM
  • Yeagg: I'm still trying to figure out how I have Dak Prescott, LeVeon Bell, Austin Ekeler, Phillip Lindsay, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Mike Williams, AJ Green, Darren Waller, Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Khalil Mack, and Blake Martinez on one of my fantasy teams and I am 3-3
    October 14, 2019, 01:59:13 AM
  • indiansnation: yeagg wait till aj green comes back he will help your team so much
    October 14, 2019, 02:01:04 AM
  • indiansnation: u got a very good team yeagg
    October 14, 2019, 02:01:28 AM
  • Brent: Same concept especially if you consider NFLC.  The NFL salary cap is the same as our $188.2M year.  The difference is RL football you have to pay offensive lineman and most teams carry 6-8 with left tackle being about the highest paid non QB position.  That was until recently, but they still get paid.  So if you pay your QB $40M/yr, your LT $15M/yr and the rest of your line a total of about $25-35M year, that could be $90M on 6-7 players.  You still have to field all of your skill positions and defense for the other $100M.
    October 14, 2019, 02:01:46 AM
  • Yeagg: I should be better than a .500 team
    October 14, 2019, 02:02:00 AM
  • Brent: Yeah, I have a couple redraft leagues where I should be better than I am.
    October 14, 2019, 02:02:36 AM
  • Yeagg: Isn't that where drafting comes in handy
    October 14, 2019, 02:02:49 AM
  • Brent: Exactly
    October 14, 2019, 02:03:34 AM
  • Yeagg: I was referring to the cap space comment in case you didn't know
    October 14, 2019, 02:04:38 AM
  • indiansnation: i think its harder guessing what yound guys will produce in nfl than baseball
    October 14, 2019, 02:05:31 AM
  • Brent: The Cowboys got lucky with La'ell Colllins.  He was 1st round talent, but fell out of the draft to UDFA due to false allegations that he was cleared of. So they got one of if not the best OT from that draft for peanuts.  Eventually he will need to be paid.
    October 14, 2019, 02:06:28 AM
  • Brent: Yeah, the draft is huge and also hitting on UDFAs.  Teams have to develop and then keep their own talent or they'll go broke and end up in salary cap hell.
    October 14, 2019, 02:07:09 AM
  • Yeagg: So basically just like baseball
    October 14, 2019, 02:17:10 AM
  • indiansnation: yep nfl u gotta watch how much u pay look at browns they are going to have that problem in 2021 they have alot of good tallent thats going to need to get paid.
    October 14, 2019, 02:17:13 AM
  • Yeagg: And no way Brian. Baseball has 40 rounds and still most of those guys never even sniff the MLB
    October 14, 2019, 02:17:33 AM
  • Yeagg: More 1st round picks are bust than even play a full season
    October 14, 2019, 02:18:02 AM
  • Brent: They also have between now and then to figure out who will be resigned and who will be replaced and don't they still have quite a few 1st round picks between now and then?
    October 14, 2019, 02:24:21 AM
  • indiansnation: Hey if u have a top notch gm with a great scouting staff u can make any player u draft be great. Look at Boston their minors sick why is that because they suck at drafting. Know look at Tampa and indians and miami they have pretty dang good minors especially I diane look at who they had pitching this year bauer got traded, and they lost 2 of their sp most. Of the yr
    October 14, 2019, 03:45:28 PM
  • Thecliff: :agent: Buckets Of Dimes (BOD) webpage on the Internet [link] ENJOY  :toth:
    October 14, 2019, 10:30:44 PM
  • Brent: Brian, I was talking football.  I think you were talking baseball.
    October 14, 2019, 10:35:26 PM
  • Thecliff: :judge: Remember THE LEAGUE? well, that league is doing great at fantrax and has many members here are still GM of teams [link]
    Yesterday at 03:58:12 AM
  • Geezer66: What’s up Fellas! Any football teams with openings?
    Yesterday at 09:15:38 AM
  • Brent: Yes, NFLC has quite a few openings.  I'll PM you.
    Yesterday at 09:18:29 AM
  • Brent: NFL Countdown
    Yesterday at 09:19:08 AM
  • blkhwkfn: Might be a couple in The Gridiron and Title town (4 sport league)
    Yesterday at 09:19:56 AM
  • Brent: blkhwkfn, it's Saints vs Bears this week.
    Yesterday at 09:22:54 AM
  • Geezer66: Ok thanks! Let me know for the Gridiron also
    Yesterday at 09:58:58 AM
  • Brent: Geezer, I sent you a PM.
    Yesterday at 10:04:19 AM
  • indiansnation: Morning guys
    Yesterday at 10:13:30 AM
  • indiansnation: Welcome to site geezer
    Yesterday at 10:13:49 AM
  • Vik: Welcome Geezer
    Yesterday at 10:52:17 AM
  • indiansnation: Vik whats up
    Yesterday at 01:41:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Geezer pm
    Yesterday at 01:41:29 PM
  • indiansnation: Flashg
    Yesterday at 01:44:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Flash pm
    Yesterday at 01:44:22 PM
  • Vik: Not much Brian, just griding at work
    Yesterday at 01:48:53 PM
  • Daddy: Today was a good day. Hopefully more good then bad are on the horizon.
    Yesterday at 10:23:34 PM
  • Daddy: @Brian our teams made a trade together like it was you and I trading.
    Yesterday at 10:25:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Browns didnt want him on team so atleast we got a pick for him. We were talking about cutting him
    Today at 12:30:39 AM
  • Thecliff: :judge: 1stG completed wepage updates to present date [link]
    Today at 02:29:18 AM
  • Daddy: Yeah raised a red flag for me to get one of your olineman but since we played him i guessed we knew what we were doing.
    Today at 10:16:32 AM
  • Daddy: You think the Browns want the other 4 starters or do they want to cut them too?
    Today at 10:20:11 AM
  • indiansnation: The guy u got wasnt working out for us thats all
    Today at 05:46:04 PM
  • Daddy: I completely understand. Neither of our teams Oline has been stellar to this point.
    Today at 09:57:23 PM
  • Daddy: Hopefully this guy can settle in and work out in LA as a Guard.
    Today at 09:58:12 PM