Author Topic: Prospect roster  (Read 1325 times)

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Prospect roster
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 10:50:18 AM »
My biggest issue probably is with the 40 game limit. With so many players slipping through the cracks with limited minors, I think it hurts teams that are trying to rebuild. If those teams could sign additional minor league players through FA, and place them on their active roster so see if they hit on some guys.

The current system drives up the price on these rookie players as we are all waiting around for these young guys to hit 40 games.

I would disagree on that as well.  If you look at the two biggest re-builders in the league Calgary and Florida, they have more than enough picks to fill their rosters and they wont have to compete with teams to sign them.  I actually think the "no signing prospects" rule helps teams trying to rebuild.

I can name 3 players available in this supplemental draft that if they went via FA in the season would have been close to 2-3 mill per year contract to get them.  If anything I think the games limit should be higher (60/70) so that it is less likely for those players to come available during the regular season.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline Capn Cally

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 10
    • :VAN:
    • :VAN-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
I don't care about the 40 game limit, only because we can keep players with over 40 games down in the minors if they go past the 40 games. That's why almost all my minor leaguers are the players that are actually IN the NHL - I can't send them back down after 40 games, but I can keep them there for however long I want until they're actually worthy of a roster spot.

That's why more spots in the minors would be beneficial to re-building teams. I would say even up to 15 spots for this case:
You can give more young players a season or heck, even 2 seasons to see if they will make much of a contribution to the fantasy set up in here.
If after 2 seasons (maybe 100-140 games) if they're not doing anything, then they can easily be replaced because we have so many draft picks. We're all guaranteed at least 1 very good to good prospect each year with our franchise's 1st round draft pick (unless your franchise trades away their 1st round pick I guess).

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »
I don't care about the 40 game limit, only because we can keep players with over 40 games down in the minors if they go past the 40 games. That's why almost all my minor leaguers are the players that are actually IN the NHL - I can't send them back down after 40 games, but I can keep them there for however long I want until they're actually worthy of a roster spot.

That's why more spots in the minors would be beneficial to re-building teams. I would say even up to 15 spots for this case:
You can give more young players a season or heck, even 2 seasons to see if they will make much of a contribution to the fantasy set up in here.
If after 2 seasons (maybe 100-140 games) if they're not doing anything, then they can easily be replaced because we have so many draft picks. We're all guaranteed at least 1 very good to good prospect each year with our franchise's 1st round draft pick (unless your franchise trades away their 1st round pick I guess).

They're talking about the 40 game limit for FA.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 02:53:34 PM »
Regarding the 40 game limit for FA - THIS is the draft where we test this whole thing out.  I think only after this draft can we even discuss changing that rule.  Last year's draft wasn't a complete sample since we were able to sign 40GP players the entire season before.  We made this rule for the draft and I'm really looking forward to it.  The supplemental draft wasn't even interesting prior to that rule.  I think there's only 1 or 2 top 10 draft picks that won't be kept by teams in the league this year.  That pool of players is boring!  This is the same reason that I don't like the idea of a roster size increase.  If we add 2 roster spots we're taking up to 40 players out of our supplemental draft.  I really love the idea of making these drafts super important to everyone, and adding a lot of trade value to the picks themselves. 

I think it's about 8 FOR an increase and 5 AGAINST an increase.  I'll leave this up for discussion a while longer in case anyone else wants to chime in.  Then we can decide what to do.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:05:45 PM by Rob »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Capn Cally

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 10
    • :VAN:
    • :VAN-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 10:29:32 PM »
What are the new rules?

We are able to draft obviously any unclaimed 2014 NHL draftee, and then who else.... Players who have played up to how many NHL games?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 10:04:55 AM »
What are the new rules?

We are able to draft obviously any unclaimed 2014 NHL draftee, and then who else.... Players who have played up to how many NHL games?

Anyone who is prospect status (under 40GP).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yea your point is just wrong is all. Theyve gotten into my pockets directly and indirectly
    Yesterday at 05:51:03 PM
  • Daddy: Oh, i was unaware. DTV must have got us all.
    Yesterday at 05:51:55 PM
  • Daddy: I know you dont endorse them. Never did. I paid for lots of crap i never used. Just for NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Yesterday at 05:52:45 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I dont and didnt endorse cable period. The irony is streaming is becoming cable now.
    Yesterday at 05:55:39 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I paid for directtv version 1-2 years when i had my apartment. Not as much as the 35+ crowd but they did
    Yesterday at 05:56:34 PM
  • Daddy: Still never watched a game on YouTube. I miss the days of CBS = AFC >> FOX/NBC = NFC >> ABC = MNF
    Yesterday at 05:56:42 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: There was no reason to have directtv outside of sunday ticket. My apartment couldnt get it so i paid ONLY for sunday ticket
    Yesterday at 05:57:04 PM
  • Daddy: I was ok with TNF & SNF.
    Yesterday at 05:57:43 PM
  • Daddy: Its all over the place now. So ive stuck with what i know. The Ticket. I can't miss a Rams game. Not gonna do it.
    Yesterday at 05:58:45 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Now they stream some games only on amazon and peacock. I need a streaming lawsuit
    Yesterday at 06:01:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Dont forget disney + soon u will stream games pn their
    Yesterday at 09:43:09 PM
  • indiansnation: Disney trying yo buy nfl network and using espn as part of the trade off nfl will own a certain % of espn. First deal eas 70m for nfl network but nfl turned that down real quick
    Yesterday at 09:46:43 PM
  • indiansnation: Anyone want to talk trade nfl live,mlb live,fgm,armchair
    Yesterday at 10:00:02 PM
  • indiansnation: And any other league that im in that i didnt post yet
    Yesterday at 10:00:35 PM
  • Daddy: They keep throwing insane money at the NFL to televise games and owners share those shiny pennies just enough with the players.
    Yesterday at 10:39:25 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: I'm available.  Not sure if we match up anywhere other than NHL Live, but let me know if there's something you're interested in @Brian
    Yesterday at 10:45:39 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: The other leagues for me are FGM, MLB Live and DNHL in case any-one else is looking to do a deal
    Yesterday at 10:49:01 PM
  • Daddy: Healthy mix. Couple baseball, couple hockey, different scoring options.
    Yesterday at 11:08:15 PM
  • Daddy: You probably kick ass in all of them although NHL LIVE hasnt officially started.
    Yesterday at 11:08:42 PM
  • Daddy: I respect your gaming options
    Yesterday at 11:09:54 PM
  • Daddy: I would for sure be an FGM or Armchair owner if i were here for baseball. Powerhouse too. Why not? Great leagues with better LMs.
    Yesterday at 11:16:38 PM
  • Daddy: DNHL must be 15 years old. Gotta be doing something right. Most leagues dont make it past 5. Very few make it 10.
    Yesterday at 11:20:45 PM
  • Daddy: I think Rob been running that league longer than ive been on profsl. Legendary LM.
    Yesterday at 11:22:42 PM
  • indiansnation: Jmntl82 pm important messave about armchair
    Yesterday at 11:45:05 PM
  • jmntl82: indiansnation-replied
    Yesterday at 11:48:26 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: thanks @daddy.  I hold my own
    Today at 12:05:43 AM
  • Braves155: Will be around today for deal talks - ANY sport
    Today at 10:12:32 AM
  • Daddy: You tellem @Braves!
    Today at 11:47:14 AM
  • IndianaBuc: Braves PM
    Today at 03:04:47 PM
  • Braves155: Back
    Today at 03:10:34 PM
  • IndianaBuc: Back
    Today at 03:19:17 PM
  • Daddy: Better be glad Buc dont know hockey. He'd be IndianaPuc on yall asses.
    Today at 03:54:00 PM
  • Braves155: Speaking of NHL. Anyone up for an NHL LIVE deal?
    Today at 04:05:16 PM
  • Braves155: PM Blues
    Today at 04:07:53 PM
  • Brent: I am.  I read up on stuff today, I think I have a direction for my Predators.
    Today at 04:23:17 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Im here for NFL Live. I get the trade itch every day but ive been suppressing it. Waiting for someone to make me submit to the madness again
    Today at 04:48:32 PM
  • Braves155: Pm there buddy
    Today at 04:53:17 PM
  • Braves155: PM as well dbreer
    Today at 04:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: replied Braves
    Today at 05:10:11 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: PM Braves
    Today at 05:31:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey guys whats up
    Today at 05:31:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: NHL LIVE FOLKS sharks have zadina otb any interest message me ask is prospects and picks
    Today at 05:32:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Lets talk trade
    Today at 05:32:30 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade
    Today at 05:37:05 PM
  • indiansnation: Nfl live colts looking for starting rb
    Today at 05:37:24 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 05:38:39 PM
  • indiansnation: ldsjayhawks pm
    Today at 05:38:48 PM
  • Daddy: Oh Crap. Trade winds blowing like P Diddy sponsored them.
    Today at 05:45:23 PM
  • Daddy: Flyers, Rams, Blue Jays, 76ers have responded to all inquiries. Not that my inbox gets flooded with offers. My teams all stink.
    Today at 05:47:35 PM
  • Daddy: T Wolves loaded but its too early yet. Cant wait for NBA.
    Today at 05:49:02 PM