Dynasty NHL

Home :: Fantrax :: Rules :: Transactions :: History

::
::

Author Topic: Canadiens - Kings Deal  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Rob

• Old Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
Re: Canadiens - Kings Deal
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
I think to call the Gomez bid part of the deal is a stretch. He nominated a player for Montreal, thats all he did. He isn't even the winner of the bid, so all it cost him is a nomination of a player with a potential investment of 200K if noone bid on him. So he gets these prospects and money for a player who isn't going to play and a nomination. I don't buy that as a justification to rule 1 way or the other. Not to mention, it was never mentioned in the original trade.

I am not saying that the trade should or shouldn't be vetoed yet, and kudos to these 2 for coming up with this creative way to shed some money on a bad contract. That being said, I feel this is a loophole to shed yourself of a bad contract and I don't like it going forward. Something needs to be addressed here, in my opinion.

I think it's up to the TC members to determine whether to consider it part of the deal or not.  Some might want to judge the trade on it's own and others may want to look at the outside elements that effect the deal.  I'm fine with either interpretation.  I don't think every trade needs to be scrutinized on every possible level, like, what you and others have said about what LA is giving up.  All it cost him is a nomination of a player, yes, but I'd rather look at it based on what each team ends up with in the end.  In this case, LA is getting prospects and Montreal is getting cap room.  So, why does it matter what they're giving up individually if in the end they're both benefiting?  I think Gomez would have been picked up eventually, but there's a huge advantage to having him picked up now rather than later as Montreal can use his extra cash now instead of later when a lot of good players will be gone.  If Montreal lands a good player in FA because of this deal don't we need to consider that part of this deal in a way?  So LA doesn't give much, but Montreal gets a lot, doesn't that make up for it?

As far as addressing a loophole goes I don't think there's any effective way to do it.  In cases like that I think it's better to let the chips fall where they may instead of over-regulating things that are somewhat out of our control anyway.  In the future this kind of thing can be done whether we address it or not.  I mean, for instance, the Red Sox and A's recently made a waiver wire deal for some players.  How do we know that there wasn't some waived player out there the Sox were trying to block from getting to Texas and Theo made a call to Beane and said we'll do this deal if you put a claim on that player so Texas doesn't grab him?  I don't know if that's a great example and I'm obviously fabricating a situation to support my point but it's entirely possible.  How could MLB regulate that? 

In this case we know the details, the teams were up front about it.  I say leave it to the TC to determine if there's some manipulation going on that's not called for, I think that's partly why we're here. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:00:41 PM by Robo »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline -BA-

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :WAS-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 06:14:15 PM »
Neither of the players involved in this trade brought up the Gomez piece, that was Gypsy.

To me a TC should evaluate what is put in front of them by the teams in question. If the Gomez nomination is part of the deal then that should be laid out in the original trade.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You go to the box. Two minutes by yourself and... you feel shame. You know... and then you get free."

Offline Rob

• Old Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »
Neither of the players involved in this trade brought up the Gomez piece, that was Gypsy.

To me a TC should evaluate what is put in front of them by the teams in question. If the Gomez nomination is part of the deal then that should be laid out in the original trade.

I think it's reasonable in situations like this where there's an accommodation being made outside of the trade which effects the trade in some way to be listed as part of the deal.  Perhaps a gentleman's agreement is in order where if something like this is done again it should be posted in the trade thread if the teams involved want it to be considered in the approval of the trade. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline -BA-

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :WAS-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 09:30:36 PM »
All this being said, I don't have a huge problem with the deal. When you run up against the cap, sometimes you have to lose the deal to be able to help yourself with cap relief.

I don't think its going to swing the title in any direction  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You go to the box. Two minutes by yourself and... you feel shame. You know... and then you get free."

BrewCrew

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 03:14:04 AM »
I didn't think that we could include an agreement of me being on his player in the trade.

It was certainly a huge part of why Whomp did the deal, and was a key component in our negotiations.

If we HAVE to add that to the deal to make it pass, we can I guess. Just didn't think it was something that could really be added and didn't want to make it seem like it was some illegal move.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Old Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
 :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Lmao
    Yesterday at 02:02:09 PM
  • indiansnation: Cavaliers hire Kenny Atkinson: Cleveland lands Warriors assistant after month-long search, per report
    Yesterday at 02:03:17 PM
  • Daddy: [link] #ready
    Yesterday at 02:04:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Alpha 5 pm
    Yesterday at 02:40:05 PM
  • dbreer23: MLB LIVE LMs, please see your inbox for an important msg. Thanks.
    Yesterday at 02:44:41 PM
  • STLBlues91: im around all day for any trade talks
    Yesterday at 03:10:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Pm Dbreer
    Yesterday at 07:12:46 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: I'm here for talks
    Yesterday at 07:31:18 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Nhl talks
    Yesterday at 07:31:28 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Roster is updated. Good prospects. Veterans possibly looking for a new home. He'll, I'm crazy enough I traded #1 wr in nfl. Offers are offers. $20 is $20 what happens in dms. Wouldn't you like to know. Fire up the offers ya sleeping wankers.philly still sucks Holla if ya hear me.
    Yesterday at 07:34:21 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues pm
    Yesterday at 09:06:56 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 09:08:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Senators Acquire Linus Ullmark June 24th, 2024 at 6:46pm CST • By Brian La Rose With Jeremy Swayman set to land what’s expected to be a significant contract as a restricted free agent this summer, it has been widely expected that the Bruins would be moving out Linus Ullmark.  That move has now happened as Ullmark has been moved to Ottawa in exchange for the 25th pick in this week’s draft, goaltender Joonas Korpisalo, and forward Mark Kastelic.  Both sides have announced the swap which also sees the Senators retaining 25% of Korpisalo’s contract
    Yesterday at 09:11:33 PM
  • Daddy: Your good Brian.
    Yesterday at 09:11:38 PM
  • indiansnation: Thank you daddy
    Yesterday at 09:20:30 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Game 7 on. Yourmom and I are around for talks
    Yesterday at 09:25:44 PM
  • STLBlues91: Let Matthew Tkachuk come play for his hometown Blues. Hes friends with Thomas and wants to come home
    Yesterday at 09:28:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Blues sent offer on mlb live chat
    Yesterday at 09:59:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey yeagg whats up
    Yesterday at 10:08:44 PM
  • Yeagg: How did you know I was on the site? Lol
    Yesterday at 10:10:49 PM
  • Yeagg: I literally just logged on
    Yesterday at 10:10:59 PM
  • Yeagg: I'm checking to see if anyone else is having issues with fantrax at the moment
    Yesterday at 10:11:16 PM
  • indiansnation: Saw u on bottom lol nice seeing u on line
    Yesterday at 10:14:06 PM
  • STLBlues91: I was but it just fixed after I reopened it
    Yesterday at 10:15:12 PM
  • Yeagg: Yea it's working for me now too
    Yesterday at 10:18:03 PM
  • Yeagg: @brian yea man, I've been busy as hell between working trackman and writing up scouting reports for an independent league baseball team I work for, and the weekend showcase tournaments I have been working to boost my resume and get some extra cash
    Yesterday at 10:19:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Cleveland mlb live  willing to listen to offers on suarez sp
    Yesterday at 10:19:25 PM
  • Yeagg: I barely have time to check my lineups anymore, let alone trade to off set all of these injuries that I have
    Yesterday at 10:19:51 PM
  • indiansnation: Sounds awsome good luck yeagg
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Yeagg: I appreciate it. I've actually got scouting reports to make for our 3 game series starting tomorrow but I'm watching tennessee play in the CWS right now
    Yesterday at 10:23:18 PM
  • Daddy: Thats awesome @Christian. Keep chasing that real GM chair!
    Yesterday at 10:39:02 PM
  • Daddy: There is an epic and historic game 7 on right now. Its riveting. Go Connor McPhilly!
    Yesterday at 10:46:09 PM
  • Daddy: @The Professor you reached "ProFSL Legend" faster than any other member. Less than 18 months. Over 6200 posts. How are your fingers and do we need to get insurance on them?
    Yesterday at 10:50:32 PM
  • Daddy: Lets put this into perspective :rofl: @Daddy Avg 3.781 posts per day since being a member. @Dbreer23 avg 11.105
    Yesterday at 10:53:40 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Getting offers in my chat. Come join. Let's talk trading.
    Yesterday at 11:05:50 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: 2 shots going into the 3rd intermission with 15 mins of playing time. Let's go Panthers.
    Yesterday at 11:09:59 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: For McDavid.
    Yesterday at 11:10:51 PM
  • Daddy: To make things worse my Wife just asked me how Connor McGregor was doing.
    Yesterday at 11:25:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Lmao poor daddy
    Yesterday at 11:40:53 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for any talks
    Yesterday at 11:41:30 PM
  • indiansnation: Ooh not good kershaw shut down again because of pain
    Yesterday at 11:51:39 PM
  • indiansnation: stlblues91 sent u a message fantrax chat
    Yesterday at 11:52:15 PM
  • Braves155: Connor McPhilly train officially got derailed in G7 by Bobrovsky
    Yesterday at 11:56:07 PM
  • Daddy: That was the McGregor/McDavid train.
    Today at 12:18:39 AM
  • Daddy: The McPhilly train leaves the station for next season.
    Today at 12:19:03 AM
  • Daddy: Ive got a better supporting cast than his vanishing side kick.
    Today at 12:19:31 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to Florida & Barkov & co. Great playoffs!
    Today at 12:26:15 AM
  • STLBlues91: Daddy I apologize but youre going to be trying to catch his sidekick all season long
    Today at 12:28:15 AM
  • Daddy: We will see. He did nothing to help McPhilly.
    Today at 12:31:08 AM
  • Daddy: If that were Matvei Michcov in there with him he would be a World Champion.
    Today at 12:33:47 AM