NBA Rookie Rankings
The following is a list of the top 100 NBA rookies for the 2012-13 season. This list is not limited to 2012 draftees, but it includes top draftees from past years who have not played a game in the NBA. The focus of this ranking is on their fantasy impact, so their ability to crack a lineup or feed off of quality players is considered.
1) F Anthony Davis - Should be an elite defender in the NBA with his tremendous rebounding and blocking potential. Probably will take a few years to be groomed into being a high scoring big man.
2) F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist -
3) G Bradley Beal - Some question his ability to be a legit scorer since he wasn't a good shooter at Florida. He'll have to improve his shooting if he is going to succeed at the next level.
4) F Thomas Robinson - Will live on the boards and get 8+ rebounds per game.
5) F Harrison Barnes -
6) C Andre Drummond - going to be a top 5 guy, top 10 at worst, but we have some serious reservations about him being able to assert his will at the next level. There is a real learning curve for him to adjust.
7) G Austin Rivers - Great scoring potential. Barring in injuries, he could be a legit 20+ PPG guy in a few years
8) C Jonas Valančiūnas - Lithuanian product, drafted 5th overall in 2011 is still a rookie… Great rebounding and blocking potential.
9) G Kendall Marshall - Has the potential to be a great assist guy in the NBA. Will have to be behind Dragic in Phoenix first though.
10) G Jeremy Lamb -
11) F Moe Harkless - a work in progress, but should be shooting up the prospect list because of his raw talent. It may take 2-3 seasons to groom him, but he has some serious talent.
12) G Damian Lillard -
13) F Jared Sullinger - Back injuries could derail his career before too long. But if he can find a way to stay healthy and overcome the back issues, should be a steal for Boston.
14) G Terrence Ross -
15) G Dion Waiters -
16) F Perry Jones III - has the potential to be a perennial all-star and is undervalued in my book. He has the reputation of not working hard enough, but I think is because he makes it look easy and with his supporting cast has not had to put up monster numbers.
17) F John Henson -
18) F Arnett Moultrie -
19) C Meyers Leonard - Plenty of raw talent and size here (7-1)
20) C Tyler Zeller -
21) F Terrence Jones -
22) F Royce White -
23) F Andrew Nicholson - Highest drafted player not born in USA (Canada) in 2012
24) G Marquis Teague -
25) G John Jenkins -
26) C Festus Ezeli - Nigerian born Festus (insert Seinfeld reference) part of Vandy tandem that could surge in the NBA
27) F Quincy Miller -
28) F Draymond Green -
29) G Doron Lamb -
30) G Tony Wroten -
31) F Donatas Motiejunas - Another Lithuanian big man drafted in 2011
32) G Will Barton -
33) F Jeffery Taylor - Sweden product has some potential and plenty of opportunity in Charlotte
34) C Fab Melo - Brazilian born Melo lands in Beantown where he can learn from greats and hopefully fill their shoes years to come
35) G Jared Cunningham - Cleveland is putting together a team deep in young talent
36) G Evan Fournier - Frenchmen Fournier has some work to do
37) G Tomas Satoransky - Spanish ball experience could give this Czech an edge with plethora of guards in D.C.
38) F Kevin Jones -
39) G William Buford - Undrafted, but considered top 40 prospect
40) F Khris Middleton -
41) F Kyle Singler - After a year in Europe, what are the expectations for the Duke standout?
42) F Mike Scott -
43) G Kevin Murphy -
44) F Darius Miller -
45) F JaMychal Green -
45) F Drew Gordon -
47) G Maalik Wayns -
48) G Darius Johnson-Odom - Marquette guard sees value increase being picked by Dallas
49) F Kris Joseph - Solid spot in Boston for this Syracuse grad
50) F Nikola Mirotic - Averaged over 10 PPG, 4.5 RPG in Euro last year
51) G Kim English -
52) F Victor Claver - Has been playing Spanish ball since he was drafted in 2009, but he just signed a three-year deal with the Blazers in July 2012
53) G Tyshawn Taylor -
54) F Jae Crowder -
55) F Quincy Acy -
56) F Tony Mitchell -
57) F Furkan Aldemir - Turkish product just inside top 50
58) G Scott Machado - Undrafted Machado last linked to signing with Boston
59) G Tu Holloway -
60) F Orlando Johnson -
61) F Robbie Hummel -
62) F Herb Pope -
63) F Miles Plumlee -
64) F Kyle O'Quinn -
65) C Robert Sacre - Canadian-born Gonzaga product tries to secure a spot in Tinsle Town
66) G Ramone Moore -
67) G Marcus Denmon -
68) G J'Covan Brown -
69) F Bogan Bogdanovic - 2011 draftee from Bosnian hoping for a shot with Miami
70) F Bernard James -
71) F Tornike Shengelia -
72) G Alex Young -
73) C Greg Mangano -
74) F Terrance Henry -
75) F Dario Hunt -
76) F Izzet Turkyilmaz - Solid Turkish league experience may bode well
77) G Hollis Thompson -
78) F Kostas Papanikolaou - Will the Greece product hold a spot with the Knicks?
79) C Henry Sims -
80) C Justin Hamilton -
81) G Chace Stanback -
82) G Chris Johnson -
83) F Tomislav Zubcic - Croatian sensation's best shot may indeed be with Toronto
84) C Ognjen Kuzmic - Bosnian Center will join a bunch of other rookies trying to make Golden State squad
85) G Josep Franch - Will DKV Joventut experience help NBA dreams?
86) F Rakim Sanders -
87) G Dee Bost -
88) F Cameron Moore -
89) F Joffrey Lauvergne -
90) F Xavier Gibson -
91) C Yancy Gates -
92) F Ilkan Karaman -
93) F John Shurna -
94) F Eli Holman -
95) G Nemanja Nedovic -
96) F Bradford Burgess -
97) F Milan Macvan - Serbian draftee from 2011 still has a shot of making it with a young Cleveland squad
98) G Carlon Brown -
99) G Larry Anderson -
100) F Ricardo Ratliffe -