* UCI WorldTour

Author Topic: It is I, Leclerc  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Garfield

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :PHX:
    • :ARS:
    • View Profile
It is I, Leclerc
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:59:19 AM »
ICYMI, we had a funny incident earlier today: somebody renamed our spreadsheet to "what is this doing in the UCL Americas research network folder". Apart from a good chuckle (we are public after all), it made me realize how little I know about you guys even though we've been rubbing virtual shoulders 24/7 for years now. In fact, Davy remains the only one I've ever met in person (and dayum, he knows how to descend), so here's a thread I should have started some 6 years ago: little intro time!

As most of you hopefully know by now, my name is Daniel. I'm 36, born & raised in Gdansk, studied in Karlsruhe, and been working in the Hague as a telecom patent examiner for the past 12 years. In my free time I coach a kids basketball team, cycle across Europe, and crush Tom in Wall Street whenever he's offline for more than 5 minutes :rofl:

Edit inspired by Joel - my bicycles:
1. Haibike - cheap but reliable alu race bike
2. Blackstar - a bamboo beast from Ghana

Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/5322612

Who's next?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:18:49 PM by Garfield »
Leagues I run: Advanced NBA, Cycling, All-Europe Football

Offline Joelsim

• All-Star
    • :BOL:
    • View Profile
Re: It is I, Leclerc
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 11:59:36 AM »
OK.

I'm Joel, 47, and live in Tooting, London.

Went to Uni in London in 1989 and have been here ever since. 20 years as an Adman in creative ad agencies but decided on a change of career and started a couple of businesses a few years ago. The first didn't work out but the second did. So I now feed cats for a living, got about 150 ish customers who use me when they go on holiday - you should see the number of keys I possess!

I've got two kids, one is 20 and is at Uni studying Criminology, the youngest is 10 and is Deputy Head Boy at his school. I own a couple of bikes, a Kinesis MTB which I use for pottering about and a Cannondale CAADX 105 which I use for catsitting if it's dry (I can't turn up dripping wet and walk it through people's houses).

Other than watching ProCycling, my other main hobby is golf, which I'm pretty average at, although I did get 10 pars today!

The only person I've met is DJW who also lives in Tooting and has a cat called Alice.

Offline Pricey

• Rookie
    • :CAR:
    • :AST:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:15:55 PM »
I'm Chris, 29, from Kidderminster, England

I got reasonable grades at school but really excelled in Geography so studied that at sixth form. Then, when finishing, I ended up getting a job working with the homeless in the West Midlands. I've now been a full-time homeless support worker for 10 years, working mainly night shifts in the Worcestershire area.

I live with my partner of 7 years and we have a gorgeous little 4 year old dog called Rupert, who we've had since he was an 8 week old puppy. No kids as of yet but its something we are definitely thinking about.

I take an interest in most sports other than rugby, with particular preference to horse racing, cycling, football and NFL. Like Joel above, I play golf, but only to an average standard.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone here yet, but I do follow a few of you on twitter.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:19:56 PM by Pricey »

Offline TERatcliffe26

• MVP
    • :JAC:
    • :VAN:
    • :STO:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:36:34 PM »
Well Im Tom, 28, from Stoke.

So originally from Stoke, I have recently just moved down to London for work, currently staying near Enfield, commuting across to Lambeth. Have a degree from Lancaster in Biochemistry, and a Masters in Biomedical Science, from which I worked in a dead end job for 5 years to where I am now as lab technician. No partners of commitments for me as of yet

In my spare time I follow all manner of sports, go to Stoke matches both home and away. In the NFL I follow the Jags, have seen them a few times in London as well as some other NFL teams, and this has been by far our best season in a long time! I also enjoy travelling and like to visit Australia (been twice so far), hoping to go again next year. I also attempt to play golf, but I will be nowhere near as good as Joel, I play off 18 more like 24/25 when I dont play so often. Succumbing to Dan at Wall Street seems a regular occurrence

Not met any of you on here as of yet

Offline Joelsim

• All-Star
    • :BOL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 05:06:05 PM »
Thatís a long distance to commute Tom. Have you had a look at anywhere closer? Where in Lambeth?

Offline Teton

• Legend
    • :CHI:
    • :POR:
    • :OregonState:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »
I am Bryan, from Oregon.

62 years old married for 34 years. I am retired since 2011 from international sales and management with the same company for 31 years. Business travel took me around the globe.

Started playing fantasy sports in 1972, with scoring from newspapers. Been playing ever since. Mostly NFL, NBA, and MLB. Now most of my focus is on Fantasy Cycling.

After retiring, me and my wife started a social cycling club which now has over 500 members. This last fall, we turn the club over to a couple of key members. Now we just ride together.  Bikes : Scott Solace 15 disc, Fuji Grand Fondo, Jamis Satellite Sport. I'm a casual rider mostly 25 - 40 miles ending at a Brewery.  :toast:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:04:39 PM by Teton »
Quick Ardennes 2019  - 1st
Cyclopaths 2018 1st
Quick Vuelta 2018  1st
Quick Tour 2018  1st
Quick Giro 2018 - 2nd
Quick Ardennes 2018  - 1st
Rainbow Cup 2017 - 2nd
Quick Cobbles 2016 - 1st
Rainbow Cup 2016 - 1st

Offline TERatcliffe26

• MVP
    • :JAC:
    • :VAN:
    • :STO:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 07:44:39 AM »
Thatís a long distance to commute Tom. Have you had a look at anywhere closer? Where in Lambeth?

It takes about 1hr 15, bus to southgate then tube to lambeth north. then work on lambeth road. It is a long way, but im staying on someones couch for not much rent, and i cant really afford anywhere on my own, and im not a big fan of the house share concept

Offline Garfield

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :PHX:
    • :ARS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 01:05:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing, everybody!

I follow Bryan on Strava and can assure you he regularly puts many men half his age to shame. Plus if it doesn't end at the brewery, it didn't happen :toast:

Good luck to :StokeCity: Stoke in these turbulent times - they might need some tomorrow :taco:

I actually always wanted to study geography just like you, Chris. Spent my childhood analyzing and drawing maps, spending my adulthood travelling around the globe as much as possible!
Leagues I run: Advanced NBA, Cycling, All-Europe Football

Offline davy duck

• All-Star
    • :AND:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 10:43:20 AM »
Hi, Iím Davy, 36 yr old and living in Belgium right in the sanctuary of Flanders Classics. Tour of Flanders passes at 2km from my house. Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne passes at my parentsí house. So there was no other way than to become a cycling fan.

I have a degree in construction engineering. Now I am working since 9 years for a company which is studying railway infrastructure, as a design engineer. I am specialized in roads and railway environment, and in bringing together all the techniques in an integrated model. Last year I became a sort of project leader, in fact just the guy to shoot at when there is a problem or a delay in the project.

Untill 5 years ago I was practicing cycling in competition. Road racing and marathon-mountainbiking.
I won 1 race in my career, 1 time trial and 1 sprinter jersey. Hooray!!!  :disco:
My specialties were downhill and sprinting.

I quit competition when I and my girlfriend started to build a house. Now 5 years later the house stands and a dog and a baby came to join us. So for the last 6 months Iím drowning in diapers and milk bottles. This is the reason I let the managing games go for this season. I couldnít bring it up (which I would like to apologize for), not even during those many sleepless nights.

In these difficult conditions of having no time for anything, I will try to cycle as much as possible to prepare for a small ďgiroĒ with some friends: Bergamo Ė Pisa, including dolomites, pantani-land, strade bianchi, etc. I didnít cycle outside since September, but thank god there is zwift, which allows me to train late in the evenings.

In management games I am a total noob. This is the first and only platform I play games on. Iím only interested in cycling games. IRL I like and watch every sport. Most interest in cycling (cyclocross, mountainbiking, road and track racing) and football (RSC Anderlecht and Belgian national team) though.

I havenít met any of you guys, except Garfield. He stayed with me on his gocroorgohome-tour. He has been a good friend to me since then. Only problem is he keeps whining about Madeleine cookies, and I really donít know why...  :doh:  We did a cycle tour in the Alps together. We were together at the Ghent 6 days when Wiggo said goodbye. Nice memories!

Offline oliveira

• All-Star
    • :FCP:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 09:37:32 AM »
I'm LuŪs, 33, born and raised in Arganil, nearby Serra da Estrela where Volta a Portugal is decided and from where my cycling passion comes. Actually, as a child, two of the most exciting days in the year was the Rally de Portugal day in March and Volta a Portugal in August!
About international cycling, I've been following since the IndurŠin vs Riis 96 Tour.
I love to cycle my mtb and road bikes. Some years ago I got a competitive license and put myself competing in MTB Marathon National Cup and Championships as an individual with all the excuses in the book for my lousy performances (no team, no coach, no diet, etc.) and the best I got was to finish under the time limit a couple of times.

I live with my wife and a cat in Lisbon where I work in the Portuguese Film Institute. The only one of you I met is Jo„o (Parreira14) who is a friend from work.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: morning guys
    Today at 11:25:14 AM
  • hockeygoon33: morning all
    Today at 11:49:07 AM
  • AntMan: GM, pm hockeygoon
    Today at 11:51:23 AM
  • hockeygoon33: ill check it out antman. thanks!
    Today at 11:56:51 AM
  • indiansnation: hockeygoons pm
    Today at 12:20:39 PM
    Today at 02:10:05 PM
  • AntMan: He’s unresponsive... call a medic
    Today at 02:12:08 PM
  • hockeygoon33: Lol.
    Today at 02:17:13 PM
  • hockeygoon33: antman pm
    Today at 02:32:59 PM
  • indiansnation: hockeygoon its posted
    Today at 03:39:47 PM
  • Yeagg: Hockeygoon PM
    Today at 03:41:56 PM
  • indiansnation: hockey dis regard ourtrade
    Today at 03:42:18 PM
  • Vik: Brian PM for Armchair. If you can just confirm and let me know if I am forgetting something
    Today at 03:44:27 PM
  • indiansnation: no go for it vik
    Today at 03:44:55 PM
  • Vik: Sounds good
    Today at 03:47:09 PM
  • Vik: PM if you in Armchair, deadline for moves is Sunday and playoffs start Monday
    Today at 03:53:56 PM
    Today at 03:56:29 PM
  • indiansnation: hockeygoons i just removed the only player going my way its posted
    Today at 04:03:08 PM
  • indiansnation: daddy pm
    Today at 04:11:19 PM
  • hockeygoon33: posted indians. thanks
    Today at 04:12:35 PM
  • Thecliff: :agent: NASCAR TCRL Rave 24 highlights [link] is posted. Enjoy  :toth:
    Today at 04:25:50 PM
  • Thecliff: *Race
    Today at 04:26:03 PM
  • Thecliff: Oops: [link]
    Today at 04:27:09 PM
  • indiansnation: the cliff i gotta give u your props u are the best web designer i have seenout there
    Today at 05:08:46 PM
  • Daddy: ????
    Today at 05:50:39 PM
  • blkhwkfn: Hey daddy WAR question. Why can’t I see my roster when I click on the team logo?
    Today at 06:45:09 PM
  • blkhwkfn: I can see all other rosters
    Today at 06:45:24 PM
  • Daddy: Not all the others
    Today at 06:51:13 PM
  • Daddy: I dont activate the logos until rosters are completed
    Today at 06:51:36 PM
  • Daddy: Havent gotten to Cleveland yet
    Today at 06:52:01 PM
  • blkhwkfn: Ok cubs Miami Zona.........why cant I see Cleveland?
    Today at 06:52:32 PM
  • blkhwkfn: Ahhh got ya
    Today at 06:52:43 PM
  • Daddy: Im trying to build the best league i can.
    Today at 07:35:12 PM
  • Daddy: Not just throw one up.
    Today at 07:35:25 PM
  • Daddy: So im taking the time to do it right...thats why we have so much time before our season and a continous off season thru the winter.
    Today at 07:36:23 PM
  • Daddy: By April 2020. WAR will be as good aa
    Today at 07:37:24 PM
  • Daddy: As i can make it.
    Today at 07:37:32 PM
  • Daddy: Hopefully it will be here to stay.
    Today at 07:37:59 PM
  • Daddy: Once i get your sheet done. It will always stay done.
    Today at 07:40:08 PM
  • Daddy: Brian your WAR team is 39-20-1 not too bad sir.
    Today at 07:51:38 PM
  • indiansnation: yea gotta add alot during fa
    Today at 08:03:28 PM
  • Daddy: Pm Brian
    Today at 08:05:42 PM
  • indiansnation: daddy pm
    Today at 08:06:31 PM
  • Daddy: Back
    Today at 08:10:20 PM
  • indiansnation: back daddy
    Today at 08:14:31 PM
  • indiansnation: for a friday pretty quiet on here
    Today at 08:56:32 PM
  • jojowalkwalk: You two at it again?
    Today at 09:12:50 PM
  • Daddy: Pm Brian
    Today at 09:22:59 PM
  • Daddy: BTW I love me some Bush league. Good luck all of you in the playoffs!
    Today at 09:26:21 PM
  • Daddy: That points league grew on me. Im glad i joined.
    Today at 09:26:53 PM