Author Topic: Blazers/Rockets Trade Part 1  (Read 932 times)

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :LaSalle:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
Blazers/Rockets Trade Part 1
« on: January 29, 2019, 10:41:47 PM »
Blazers trade:

Darren Collison 10m 2018
Thon Maker 3.2m 2019 (with 1.6m already paid this year)
Tony Parker 0.5m 2021
:POR: Portland 2020 1st round pick

Rockets trade:

Chris Paul 24.6m 2018 (12.3m paid)

Going to stick to the books and post this deal first to keep it simple. Overall deal still involve me sending Dwight Howard and my 1st for Collision so upon approval of this we will post that one. Same reasoning as initial deal, I am adding Paul as a rental rest of year to try and make a run as I hope his production particularity assists/steals can be a difference maker and give me a better chance against the other top teams.

Edited: To include 1st round pick that was originally part of 2nd deal to this one.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:20:17 PM by Vik »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline marko_905

• Rookie
    • :Blank:
    • :Argentina:
    • View Profile
Re: Blazers/Rockets Trade Part 1
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:17:25 PM »
Agree!

I'm not going to franchise tag Paul. He's having a lot of injuries and his minutes are going to decrease year to year for his health.

Saying that, I was looking to have something for him for the rebuilding of my team for the next year.

I don't like Collison but is the key part of this and the upcoming trade.
Thon Maker has some potential and now he request a trade so time would say if it's fine.
Parker is having some good numbers too and he is cheap.

About the salaries paid. I don't really care because this is his last year so i have to pay him this year only.

Hope that the trade will not be veto like the Durant trade. Like that trade, all the parts agree and both of them have very good reasons to do it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Greg S

• MVP
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :VAN:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :CHE:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:56:28 PM »
 :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Brent

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
  • LSU National Champions 2019
    • :NO:
    • :LouisianaState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 04:15:23 PM »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SEA: 2023 Field of Dreams - League Champion
:NOP: 2022-23 Buckets of Dimes - Eastern Conference Champion
:NO: 2021-2022 NFL Live -  30-4 (4-2) 2X NFC Runner-up/1X NFC South Champs
:NO: 2018-2020 NFL Countdown - 37-11 (3-2) 1X NFC Runner Up/2X NFC South Champs
8 ProFSL Hosted League Championships 2010-2019
Proud Member of the Who Dat Nation!

Offline cloud91

• MVP
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :ANA:
    • :NotreDame:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:22:59 PM »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:ANA: Title Town: NHL   :SC-NHL: Champion :SC-NHL: 2017-'18 Season
:PIT-NHL: King Of The Rink (NHL Yahoo GM) :SC-NHL: Champion :SC-NHL: 2014-'15 Season

Offline DMarch47

• All-Star
    • :GB:
    • :MIL-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Wisconsin:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 07:43:57 PM »
 :veto:  I do not understand Houston. Looking at the season Houston was one of the top teams in the league. Then out of the blue sky yonder he decides to trade the NBA MVP James Harden to of all teams Lakers. How that trade wasn't veto (as I think of it now) is unbelievable  :doh: Now Houston, who apparently is given up on this season wants to shake things up more by presenting Part 1 of 2?? trades!  Sorry, I have to veto because even so I am rather new to this league I do believe strongly in one sure thing. I compete for today and will not give up till I am defeated. Then and only then, will I think about tomorrow.

And as long as I voice my opinion, let me add that Cliff who has donated his time to present to this league a webpage with all the added features including a game highlight reel has not got a link up in the HEADER of this league. Come on people, let us enjoy the battle to the end of this season.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Call me Dougie...:CHC: FGM 2020

Offline Vik

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :LaSalle:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 09:26:46 PM »
:veto:  I do not understand Houston. Looking at the season Houston was one of the top teams in the league. Then out of the blue sky yonder he decides to trade the NBA MVP James Harden to of all teams Lakers. How that trade wasn't veto (as I think of it now) is unbelievable  :doh: Now Houston, who apparently is given up on this season wants to shake things up more by presenting Part 1 of 2?? trades!  Sorry, I have to veto because even so I am rather new to this league I do believe strongly in one sure thing. I compete for today and will not give up till I am defeated. Then and only then, will I think about tomorrow.

And as long as I voice my opinion, let me add that Cliff who has donated his time to present to this league a webpage with all the added features including a game highlight reel has not got a link up in the HEADER of this league. Come on people, let us enjoy the battle to the end of this season.

Respect your opinion here and we have a TC for a reason.

Regarding this deal, I also believe in competing now but sometimes you do have make moves to rebuild. If Houston feels they can't win this year he has every right to look to the future and assuming everything passes he will get a 1st rounder in our 2nd deal.  Really only issue we had here is he doesn't like Collison and willing to take chance on Howard but cap wise we found a way to make it work using Collision initially. While I actually didn't mind holding Howard, figure he is still wild card and grown to like Collison more lately especially with Oladipo out. If Houston still had Harden now I assume he wouldn't do this but he already committed to blowing it up so this makes sense for both of us.

Regarding Harden trade, at the time it was posted personally my major issue was just that Wall was injured but I didn't think him plus Mitchell as the centerpieces was bad value. With this said, it's fair points and it doesn't help that Harden went from great to insanely great since the deal with a historic stretch.

Finally, thanks for bring up that we should have Cliff's site linked to the headers- it has been added instead of Archives! We do have the post with the website in the main page and I spread the word earlier but certainly a nice touch for quick and easy access  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Thecliff

• Legend
  • fantasy sports fanatic
    • :DET-NFL:
    • :DET-NBA:
    • :DET-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 10:58:32 PM »
Oh WOW, thanks Vik, never bothered me at all as I enjoy this hobby and have been doing this work for years especially with many leagues at fantrax of which of course Dougie is a member  :toast: Also, you may want to change the title from Thecliffchamber to BOD Webpage for clarification.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline marko_905

• Rookie
    • :Argentina:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 12:53:47 AM »

For Harden I don't think it was a bad trade for me. It's more important to have more important players that only a superstar.
Mitchell and Wall (when he plays) combined for a total of 45 points, 12 rebounds and 12 assists? Harden instead, with all the team playing (he do what he did because of Paul's, Capela's and Gordon's injuries because he is a 30 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists per game man) need to have another player of 15 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists and it's not easy.
Saying this I said i was willing to trade him and also had talks with 3 or 4 GM and all of them said the same problem, the salary.

Now with all the movements I have a very strong team and a lot of cap space to go to the free agency. Before the movements, I only have the $24 for Paul and nothing else.

At the beggining I though I was the better team after Lakers. But when I play against him my team had excellent numbers and his numbers were ordinary. The result? He destroys me. So, to really fight I have to do something right now for the next years. That's why I'm doing this.

About the Veto of Harden, yes it could be a veto easyly. Leonard's trade the same. Surprisingly Durant's trade was veto when the part who has more to loss had a great explaination of why he made the trade. I hope Vik could reach Landon because he doesn't respond any message and I think he got mad.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline WizKidFromSpace

• Rookie
    • :TEN:
    • :DEN-NBA:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 08:08:31 AM »
 :veto: Okay, let me fully explain my reasoning on this one. I understood the premise in the original 2-part trade as trying to skirt around a rule, but I agree with WestCoast's sentiment on the can of worms that would open up. So, I like where we ended up with forcing this trade to be broken into 2 sections. That said, since the 2 trades are not officially connected, I will be evaluating each one separately.

This trade, on its own, is quite terrible for Houston. They're giving up the highest quality player involved in the deal by far in Paul (who, after starting off shaky, was getting things back on track before injury), AND paying off an absurd amount of his salary. I'm sorry to throw a wrench in things, and wanted to wait a little and see how others felt, but ultimately none of that should matter. As it stands, I cannot in good conscience vote for this as being a fair trade. If Portland had included the 1st round pick in this deal rather than the 2nd part (which is allowed, correct?), then I think I would lean towards approval. I also have to keep in mind that Portland is one of the high end teams, and that pick in 2020 will likely be in the bottom 6 of the 1st round.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Guardians might bot draft great hitters but guardians have one of the best pitching farms in mlb
    April 30, 2024, 12:24:46 AM
  • indiansnation: And he was draft in10th round in 2023 draft
    April 30, 2024, 12:25:37 AM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE all that matters. I'd rather win the LIVE Championship than see the Phillies win the WS #Factz
    April 30, 2024, 12:26:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Thats why the vet gms pn this site do so good with their minors they spend alot of time reasearching
    April 30, 2024, 12:26:58 AM
  • Daddy: I did one. I watched the other. Im a doing kind of guy first.
    April 30, 2024, 12:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Well daddy dont get your hopes up this yr u ate not going to win it
    April 30, 2024, 12:27:37 AM
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM