Author Topic: 2019 Rules Change Discussion  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Brent

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NO:
    • :Blank:
    • :LouisianaState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Rules Change Discussion
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 12:31:32 PM »
1. Is there a need for an Anti-Tanking rule?

2. I believe the minor league roster breakdown is out of date.  I don't see a breakdown of the 25 max at each level.  I guess maybe that rule just went away, but is still under the rules section.

I'll post more rules questions as I come across them.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SEA: 2023 Field of Dreams - League Champion
:NOP: 2022-23 Buckets of Dimes - Eastern Conference Champion
:NO: 2021-2022 NFL Live -  30-4 (4-2) 2X NFC Runner-up/1X NFC South Champs
:NO: 2018-2020 NFL Countdown - 37-11 (3-2) 1X NFC Runner Up/2X NFC South Champs
8 ProFSL Hosted League Championships 2010-2019
Proud Member of the Who Dat Nation!

Offline ldsjayhawk

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CLS:
    • :Kansas:
    • :SKC:
    • :KC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »
The 25 man at each level has been eliminated.  It is now just a straight 200 minor leaguers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
FGM :win: :SEA: 2017 + 2x AL West Div
BUSH AL :Bronze: :KC: 2021 + 4x AL Central Div
AFB AL :Bronze: :KC: 2012 + 1x Div
AFB NL :Bronze: :COL: 2018 + 2x Div

Offline rotodojo

• All-Star
    • :TEN:
    • :HOU-NBA:
    • :PHO:
    • :NYM:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 04:35:36 PM »
1. Is there a need for an Anti-Tanking rule?

I'll post more rules questions as I come across them.

Bonus inPoints: 0
:Blank::Blank::Blank::Blank::Blank:
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Rules: Tanking
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
Tanking Rule
Beginning in the 2017 season, any team scoring...

Less than 2,000 points lose their 1st round pick for that season.
More than 2,000 but less than 3,000 points loses a 2nd round pick for that season.

Unowned teams will not be subject to this provision.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Brent

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NO:
    • :LouisianaState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 05:33:41 PM »

Bonus inPoints: 0
:Blank::Blank::Blank::Blank::Blank:
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Rules: Tanking
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
Tanking Rule
Beginning in the 2017 season, any team scoring...

Less than 2,000 points lose their 1st round pick for that season.
More than 2,000 but less than 3,000 points loses a 2nd round pick for that season.

Unowned teams will not be subject to this provision.

I read the rule, I just don't see a need for it.  Teams have to suck for a while to get better.  Cubs, Astros, Indians, Braves, etc have all went that route in RL.  To do that in a league that is trying to mimic the MLB makes it that much harder for the teams trying to rebuild.  Looking at the shape of this league, it looks like that rule was put in place to benefit the good teams and allowed super teams to be built since teams in rebuid would get penalized for rebuilding. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SEA: 2023 Field of Dreams - League Champion
:NOP: 2022-23 Buckets of Dimes - Eastern Conference Champion
:NO: 2021-2022 NFL Live -  30-4 (4-2) 2X NFC Runner-up/1X NFC South Champs
:NO: 2018-2020 NFL Countdown - 37-11 (3-2) 1X NFC Runner Up/2X NFC South Champs
8 ProFSL Hosted League Championships 2010-2019
Proud Member of the Who Dat Nation!

Offline rotodojo

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »
The current tanking rule may hinder teams because they are so bad they can't score enough to keep their draft picks. However, I would guess the rule was put in because it has been a hot topic in sports and has become a regular occuring problem. Tanking is what the Chicago Black Sox did and there should be a rule against that if a competition is wanted instead of an exhibition. A team may try to win early in the year against one team and then try and lose later in the year to another and that may effect the playoffs. Also, the Cleveland Indians tried to lose and then Willie Mays Hayes had a great year and they won anyway. I don't like the rule either though and I would suggest a losers bracket to prevent the practice with the winning team getting the first pick or require teams to make lineup changes on a weekly basis and make a genuine effort to win judged with the Commissioner's discretion. There is probably only one super team. The New York Mets. Just kidding. It's the Astros. They went undefeated and stockpiled about five times as many picks as they would have in the early rounds if the trading of draft picks weren't allowed. The new teams are having a fire sale and the better teams have the talent to trade and continue to build upon their success with future draft picks thus creating a larger gap amongst the competition. If anyone questions or argues with me I will trade my future draft picks and cheap talent to the top teams for late first round picks and then change my team name to the Tanks. I recently released "El Tanque" Yasmany Tomas if anyone is interested and I have Tanaka. Tank you very much.

P.S. If any of you go against me then you are competing with me and therefore not trying to lose.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:40:51 PM by rotodojo »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online indiansnation

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :CLE-NFL:
    • :CLE-NBA:
    • :OhioState:
    • :CLS-MLS:
    • :CLE:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »
The current tanking rule may hinder teams because they are so bad they can't score enough to keep their draft picks. However, I would guess the rule was put in because it has been a hot topic in sports and has become a regular occuring problem. Tanking is what the Chicago Black Sox did and there should be a rule against that if a competition is wanted instead of an exhibition. A team may try to win early in the year against one team and then try and lose later in the year to another and that may effect the playoffs. Also, the Cleveland Indians tried to lose and then Willie Mays Hayes had a great year and they won anyway. I don't like the rule either though and I would suggest a losers bracket to prevent the practice with the winning team getting the first pick or require teams to make lineup changes on a weekly basis and make a genuine effort to win judged with the Commissioner's discretion. There is probably only one super team. The New York Mets. Just kidding. It's the Astros. They went undefeated and stockpiled about five times as many picks as they would have in the early rounds if the trading of draft picks weren't allowed. The new teams are having a fire sale and the better teams have the talent to trade and continue to build upon their success with future draft picks thus creating a larger gap amongst the competition. If anyone questions or argues with me I will trade my future draft picks and cheap talent to the top teams for late first round picks and then change my team name to the Tanks. I recently released "El Tanque" Yasmany Tomas if anyone is interested and I have Tanaka. Tank you very much.

P.S. If any of you go against me then you are competing with me and therefore not trying to lose.
I agree with Roto. On this. I think we should put this rule on backburner for right know. There is some gms that our going to have enough a tough time building their roster up . yes my team is young and I do have some wholes in it and I will fill them wholes with fa but my minors for example I have 46 position players in minors out of those guys. Only half of them our even in majors or even playing baseball. That being said their will be some teams if anything like my reds will want to build up their minors so they can compete down the road.  Some of these teams our in rough shape by keeping this rule I feel gms will be harmed by this. We can always monitor teams to make sure they are not tanking.
Most owners will build there build there team up thru draft within 2 to 3 yrs after that then maybe then we should be a concern but right know I think we hold of on this rule until we truly need to use it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online indiansnation

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :CLE-NFL:
    • :CLE-NBA:
    • :OhioState:
    • :CLS-MLS:
    • :CLE:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
The next topic is do we want a TC in the league or our we up to just using regular voting where every team has a say?
2) I think we should not go with a rules commente. I think its best for the league if we have everybody's opinion on what we do. Not every one will agree with making this league better. I just wanted to throw this out on here to see everyones feedback
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline ldsjayhawk

• Legend
    • :Kansas:
    • :SKC:
    • :KC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 07:54:58 PM »
I agree with Roto. On this. I think we should put this rule on backburner for right know. There is some gms that our going to have enough a tough time building their roster up . yes my team is young and I do have some wholes in it and I will fill them wholes with fa but my minors for example I have 46 position players in minors out of those guys. Only half of them our even in majors or even playing baseball. That being said their will be some teams if anything like my reds will want to build up their minors so they can compete down the road.  Some of these teams our in rough shape by keeping this rule I feel gms will be harmed by this. We can always monitor teams to make sure they are not tanking.
Most owners will build there build there team up thru draft within 2 to 3 yrs after that then maybe then we should be a concern but right know I think we hold of on this rule until we truly need to use it.

This rule is completely ineffective anyway.  Even the worst team had almost 10000 points.  We definitely need a tanking rule.  It hurts the league when you have teams that are built completely of minor leaguers.   With 200 spots in the minors, I don't think anyone needs to worry about not being able to build their team. 

Yes, I believe this league needs a trade committee.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
FGM :win: :SEA: 2017 + 2x AL West Div
BUSH AL :Bronze: :KC: 2021 + 4x AL Central Div
AFB AL :Bronze: :KC: 2012 + 1x Div
AFB NL :Bronze: :COL: 2018 + 2x Div

Offline Maydab23

• All-Star
    • :LAL:
    • :UCLA:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 07:33:01 AM »
This rule is completely ineffective anyway.  Even the worst team had almost 10000 points.  We definitely need a tanking rule.  It hurts the league when you have teams that are built completely of minor leaguers.   With 200 spots in the minors, I don't think anyone needs to worry about not being able to build their team. 

Yes, I believe this league needs a trade committee.

To give people some background on the tanking rule

I was co-commish at the time and helped shape that tanking rule. The reason behind it was that a couple teams were intentionally leaving major leaguers in minors and fielding mostly empty teams and not coming close to winning a single game all season.

The bar to avoid the forfeiture of draft picks was intentionally set very low. The idea is to not stop teams from “tanking” like the Cubs and Astros did in real life (they still fielded teams albeit bad ones). It’s to prevent teams from fielding 3 players on an entire roster and intentionally going winless all season (which is def not what the Cubs and Astros did as they didn’t intentionally play with fewer players and go 0-162)

A bad, rebuilding team will have some non points accruing roster spots, that’s expected. But there’s no reason they can’t at least call up a couple of their minor leaguers who are accruing points in real life bigs and sign a couple of FAs to at least not completely count as an automatic win for whichever teams they play against.

Just like this league shouldn’t have undefeated dominate teams like the Astros, we should also avoid the opposite extreme if able.

IMO
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rotodojo

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »
Sounds like you want to start a new league!

At this point, we basically are.  Lol!

A couple of points of minutia that I would like to address in rules changes. 

• Tie the minimum salary in Armchair to the minimum salary in MLB
  • Change the official contract information from Cot's to Sportrac - it is easier to find information and provides more information.
  • Change that a minor league player under 23 cannot be offered a major league contract to a minor league player with no MLB service time or no MLB games can be offered a major league contract

Also, could someone help me remember why we went to VC contracts with an increase to 500k for major league players on minor league contracts?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:12:16 PM by rotodojo »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 01:07:48 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Good morning. Thee Pittsburgh Steelers are open for negotiations
    Yesterday at 10:12:07 AM
  • Daddy: It is always a good day to trade or kick ass or both.
    Yesterday at 01:43:53 PM
  • Daddy: Currently sitting in waffle house in the company of a beautiful woman in a southern state. Planning domination.
    Yesterday at 02:02:43 PM
  • Daddy: How u livin?
    Yesterday at 02:02:55 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pretty good. At home working and listening to offers.
    Yesterday at 02:32:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Who wants to talk trade with me any  league doesnt matter
    Yesterday at 04:47:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Im looking to aquire draft capital in nfl live. Know that ny team is pretty much set in mlb live know its time for nfl live
    Yesterday at 04:48:25 PM
  • indiansnation: Its wednesday 3pm and im still going to kick toronto but this week
    Yesterday at 04:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: We are about to open NHL & NCAA
    Yesterday at 04:57:24 PM
  • Daddy: Stymie thine lips on beating Toronto. You aint done that in years. Lastly, im going to take the lowly Flyers and destroy you with them. You and 31 others but mostly you.
    Yesterday at 05:01:08 PM
  • indiansnation: What does daddy and a girl have in common?
    Yesterday at 05:12:38 PM
  • indiansnation: He likes to talk to much and is never right lol
    Yesterday at 05:13:43 PM
  • Daddy: We dont like you
    Yesterday at 05:13:55 PM
  • Daddy: See. You gonna get us boycotted. You Dinosaur.
    Yesterday at 05:15:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Hell daddy u dont even like yourself.
    Yesterday at 05:15:16 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: bayarea pm
    Yesterday at 05:16:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Ldsjayhawks u gotta get back to me about our trade talk
    Yesterday at 05:37:54 PM
  • Braves155: Oh Crap, someone say NFL LIVE?
    Yesterday at 06:39:33 PM
  • Daddy: I hope you have great success with Caleb Williams @Braves. Just remember to put assets all around him. Build a solid 24. Then build up depth.
    Yesterday at 08:01:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 still waiting to hear back from u about nfl live
    Yesterday at 10:25:33 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking to trade in nfl live
    Yesterday at 10:40:43 PM
  • Daddy: @Brian i hate everyone equally.
    Yesterday at 10:49:33 PM
  • STLBlues91: Sorry was eating dinner going to send replies out to everyone now
    Yesterday at 10:58:13 PM
  • Daddy: Funny.. NFL LIVE has the longest offseason and the most transactions.
    Yesterday at 11:02:40 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE is by far the hottest league right now though.
    Yesterday at 11:03:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Colts in nfl live make their first big trade in nfl live
    Yesterday at 11:56:34 PM
  • Daddy: Brian why do you keep dropping 15 prospects at a time in baseball? Are you not signing guys you believe in?
    Today at 12:09:23 AM
  • indiansnation: I'm all about adding better prospects to my team in long run
    Today at 12:17:05 AM
  • indiansnation: I am the biggest nerd when it comes to milb prospects their is like another 100 prospects in mlb i could add right know in heartbeat. My luttle time im off from work I spend hours looking at specs.
    Today at 12:23:33 AM
  • indiansnation: If u look at everybody in mlb live prospect wise is killing it in minors. Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live and then start working on nfl live and and nhl live.
    Today at 12:25:51 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: niners could still be interested in adding players. believ i have  abt 4 picks in 2025 that i can maybe use in trade depending on deal
    Today at 12:30:57 AM
  • dbreer23: "Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live" - I'll believe that when...well, never!
    Today at 01:02:58 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: lmaoo way to contradict brian
    Today at 01:10:09 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed
    Today at 01:10:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had room in my farm so i figured i fill it some
    Today at 01:10:20 AM
  • Daddy: I dont mind activity. Especially with purpose. Brian needs hockey to start.
    Today at 01:11:26 AM
  • Daddy: Its been so long since ive done a hockey league and ive fallen behind a bit in the sport because of that. This year hockey is back in my life for good.
    Today at 01:12:42 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian we have a 60 player minor league limit. All of our guys on each team should be killing it in the minors. Sign guys you believe in. Then let them develop.
    Today at 01:21:47 AM
  • Daddy: Everytime a guy is hitting .400 at Corpus Christi that doesn't make him Ted Williams.
    Today at 01:26:13 AM
  • Daddy: None of these dudes are gonna help you avoid datazzwhupin im putting on you this week. Reap the whirlwind Brian. Reap it.
    Today at 01:29:07 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: is this reference to guys i added?
    Today at 01:29:55 AM
  • Daddy: You sir... No. Football is our battle ground. Im talking about Mr. 189 minor league nerd that TEXTED me he was gon whoop me this week.
    Today at 01:34:21 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: hahahah ok
    Today at 01:35:38 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy is going down by guardians in mlb live.
    Today at 01:40:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey colts in nfl live looking to move qb russel Wilson looking for draft picks in return.
    Today at 01:43:08 PM
  • Daddy: That is a great trade in MLB. Most trades are great but few are star worthy. Congratulations to both GMs!
    Today at 04:19:40 PM
  • Daddy: Isaac Coffey will be a FA again in 72 hours.
    Today at 04:21:55 PM
  • OUDAN: CCD guys lets deal!!!!
    Today at 04:44:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: prolly will be yes daddy
    Today at 04:55:56 PM