Author Topic: Entry Draft Rules (RC Members only Please)  (Read 3917 times)

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Draft Rules (RC Members only Please)
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 02:23:40 PM »
Promoting your own EDRs is not the question or an issue in the discussion.  I am suggesting that we be allowed to place EDRs we get in trades on our EDR roster--instead of being required to place them on our 40 man roster.  This is the only change I am suggesting in our present EDR rules.

I agree with Ernesto.  I think we should be able to put EDR players we trade for on our EDR roster instead of having to move them to the 40 man roster.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Draft Rules (RC Members only Please)
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 03:12:39 PM »
With the removal of Draft bonuses (Vote can be found here: http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=73468.0 ) the rules for FGM need to be changed. Here are my proposal to reword the rules.

Full Rules found here: http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Entry Draft Contracts
These are bonuses to be paid in the entry draft per the rankings provided by Baseball America.  These bonuses are not based on actual Franchise GM draft position.

1 - $7.0m
2 - $6.0m
3 - $5.0m
4 - $4.0m
5 and 6 - $3.5m
7 and 8 - $3.0m
9 thru 12 - $2.5m
13 thru 17 - $2.0m
18 thru 31 - $1.5m
32 thru 46 - $1.0m
47 thru 64 - $0.5m
all picks from 65 on require no signing bonus

Change this section to the following:
Players drafted in the FGM entry draft will be given Prospect Contracts, (P-n/a), and can be placed on a teams EDR roster or 40 man roster.

How Draft Will Be Conducted
•If a team is not present for the draft / times out, and did not provide a proxy pick, they'll be awarded the next highest ranked player that they can afford, and then placed on auto-draft.
•The players ranking list is of the same order of Baseball America followed by the actual draft order.
•Entry Draft will only have players who are eligible for the real life MLB Entry Draft.

Entry Draft Roster (EDR)
•The EDR is a roster of additional players not included on the 40-man roster for each team.  The maximum size of this roster is 15 players.  It will expand to 20 players at the beginning of the 2012 season.
•Only players drafted by the current team are eligible for the EDR, players acquired via trade or free agency are not eligible.  In other words, players may only be placed on EDR directly after being drafted by your franchise.
•Players that have never played an MLB game are eligible for the EDR.  As soon as a player on the EDR has one MLB game played, they must immediately be moved to the 40-man roster or released.  If the player is moved to the 40-man roster, they are subject to standard prospect contract rules.  Players on the EDR may be traded, but the acquiring team must place them on the 40-man roster
•The Franchise GM Entry Draft will last 10 rounds, but teams are not required to make picks if they do not wish to make room on their EDR
Signing bonuses paid to drafted player count against the teams salary cap - after required signing bonuses are paid, players on the EDR are kept at no cost.  Players may be dropped from the EDR at any time, at no cost, to make room for newly drafted players (signing bonuses are not reimbursed).  Players released from the EDR are subject to standard free agency rules. Delete this Section
•Only players eligible for the MLB Entry Draft will be eligible for the Franchise GM Entry Draft - foreign players and unprotected prospects will be handled via free agency (however foreign players may warrant consideration for an additional rule)
If a player is not signed by their respective MLB team, the Franchise GM team can retain the player but must increase the signing bonus from the original fixed, pre-draft price to 150% of that value, with a minimum of 0.5M (if they originally did not require a signing bonus).  If a 1.0M player goes unsigned, you can either cough up an extra 0.5M for the signing bonus (1.0M*150%=1.5M, -1.0M already paid = 0.5M), or lose the players rights and receive no compensation (but the originally paid 1.0M is reimbursed). Delete this Section
•The 60-day no trade ruling is extended to include draftees.

At this time I would also like to propose the following change to the FGM Entry Draft. I would like to propose the change that only players that were signed in the real life MLB draft can be drafted in FGM. I am making this proposal for the following reasons.

1) With the removal of draft bonuses there is no longer an additional cost to drafting players who haven't signed. To better simulate the real draft players who haven't signed should not be draft eligible.

2) Drafting players who haven't signed creates problems for player and draft administration in FGM. The draft eligible player list must be manually looked at and players already owned in FGM must be removed from this list. Draft administration would be simplified by not allowing unsigned players to be drafted in FGM.

3) There is no longer an issue with knowing if players have signed since the FGM Entry Draft starts the day after the MLB signing deadline. (The draft has been delayed until 9/2/2013 this year due to the league not being ready to draft and the changes to the Entry Draft Rules above).

RC Members please respond with any concerns, questions or comments that you may have.

Shooter

I also cast my vote for making these changes to the rules for the Entry Draft and eliminating players who are unsigned from being drafted in the FGM Entry Draft.

The following have voted yes to these changes:

Brewers GM :MIL:, VolsRaysBucs :TB:, Kungfuwig :KC:, Papps :PHI:, Flash :SF: and shooter47 :BAL:

Colby :PIT:, Rcankosy :TEX: and BHows :LAD: have all yet to cast a vote.

With the current tally being 6-0 in favor of yes these changes have passed the RC. :judge:

The language in the Rules for the Entry Draft will be updated. Also unsigned players from the real life MLB Draft will no longer be eligible to be drafted in FGM. Any player that is currently on a team and was drafted when they were an unsigned player in the MLB draft will continue to be owned by their current team. This rule applies to the 2013 FGM Entry Draft and future drafts.

Thanks,
Shooter
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Dont believe me? See for yourself.
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:08 PM
  • Daddy: Dont like me? So what
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:18 PM
  • Daddy: If you like sports and like dynasty. And you arent in LIVE... You aint hurting me none. You just wont know how good you really are. Pretending to be the best, isnt being the best.
    April 27, 2024, 10:33:55 PM
  • Daddy: The "best GMs" seek the best competition. Period.
    April 27, 2024, 10:38:07 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL Carolina Hurricanes welcome new owners MooseMan & GoForth :CAR-NHL: [link] :CAR-NHL:
    April 28, 2024, 01:44:14 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here to talk
    April 28, 2024, 10:25:28 PM
  • dbreer23: PM Mt_Crushmore
    Yesterday at 12:58:42 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pm DBreer23
    Yesterday at 01:30:41 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE updates are happening on fantrax and profsl.
    Yesterday at 02:49:06 PM
  • Daddy: Check your profiles on each site and pms to be sure you are caught up but more updates are coming its a massive league and its a busy time.
    Yesterday at 02:50:11 PM
  • Daddy: NFL/NCAA LIVE football commith.
    Yesterday at 02:51:48 PM
  • Daddy: Recruiting begins June 1
    Yesterday at 02:52:19 PM
  • Daddy: Draft is August 1
    Yesterday at 02:52:40 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE Draft [link] one week after MLB Draft is set and locked in.
    Yesterday at 02:55:01 PM
  • Daddy: Huge NFL LIVE trade up in the draft.
    Yesterday at 03:35:50 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both teams
    Yesterday at 03:36:00 PM
  • Daddy: @Sky welcome back to profsl. @indiansnation @Brent are two GMs that i know remember you on site. There are probably many others. Big time return. :toast:
    Yesterday at 06:05:28 PM
  • Sky: :) Thanks Daddy! You pulled me back in lol
    Yesterday at 06:58:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any talks
    Yesterday at 08:16:52 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Vegeta100 PM'D you.
    Yesterday at 09:51:48 PM
  • Daddy: There are pms flying all over the place and trades happening in multiple sports.
    Yesterday at 11:16:34 PM
  • Daddy: Dont let the clean boards fool you. :) Run those teams and dominate somebody.
    Yesterday at 11:17:59 PM
  • Daddy: There goes another trade. Congratulations to the trading teams.
    Yesterday at 11:20:39 PM
  • Daddy: Sky you old sly devil you. You been back on site 15 minutes :rofl:
    Yesterday at 11:21:27 PM
  • Sky: :) why wait. got players I like
    Yesterday at 11:22:17 PM
  • Brent: Sky, Welcome back.  PM sent.
    Yesterday at 11:29:45 PM
  • Daddy: I knew @Brent would approve.
    Yesterday at 11:30:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Im glad your guys dont like my minors exspecially this guy
    Today at 12:20:25 AM
  • indiansnation: Tugboat' joins lofty company on 15-K night Wilkinson twirls six hitless innings for Single-A Lynchburg
    Today at 12:20:31 AM
  • indiansnation: P   Matt Wilkinson
    Today at 12:21:09 AM
  • indiansnation: I love my indians pitchers cant wait to they make it to mlb roster
    Today at 12:21:57 AM
  • Daddy: I changed your name to the Guardians and i tried to change your profile name to Guardiansnation but it wouldn't let me.
    Today at 12:23:23 AM
  • indiansnation: [link]
    Today at 12:23:47 AM
  • dbreer23: 6'1" 270 lbs - ding, ding!
    Today at 12:23:49 AM
  • Daddy: You dinosaur
    Today at 12:23:52 AM
  • indiansnation: Guardians might bot draft great hitters but guardians have one of the best pitching farms in mlb
    Today at 12:24:46 AM
  • indiansnation: And he was draft in10th round in 2023 draft
    Today at 12:25:37 AM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE all that matters. I'd rather win the LIVE Championship than see the Phillies win the WS #Factz
    Today at 12:26:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Thats why the vet gms pn this site do so good with their minors they spend alot of time reasearching
    Today at 12:26:58 AM
  • Daddy: I did one. I watched the other. Im a doing kind of guy first.
    Today at 12:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Well daddy dont get your hopes up this yr u ate not going to win it
    Today at 12:27:37 AM
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    Today at 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    Today at 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    Today at 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    Today at 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    Today at 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    Today at 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    Today at 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    Today at 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    Today at 12:33:17 AM