* Buckets of Dimes

Author Topic: Free Agency Rules  (Read 1401 times)

Offline WestCoastExpress

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Free Agency Rules
« on: August 22, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »
Free Agency Rules:

Each player is auctioned in a separate thread on our ProFSL Transactions board, and may be started by anyone

The minimum starting bid on any player is $0.5m

A bid on a player is considered final when it has been open for 48 hours

***No team may have more than 5 active bids at anytime***
Active Bid = You are winning the bid

If you could please post the player's main position and the team he is on, that would be much appreciated.
Examples:
PG - Chris Paul - OKC
SG Klay Thompson GSW
SF - Kevin Durant - BKN
PF - Anthony Davis - LAL
C Jonas Valanciunas MEM

When bidding on a player please list total yearly combined player salary as well as total years (1-4)
Example: 2 years, $10m per year

Priority will be placed on number of years bid as well
Example: A bid of 4 years, $20m per year WILL win over a bid of 3 years, $20m per year.

However, years do not trump dollar value
Example:
A bid of 3 years, $10m per year will NOT win out over a bid of 2 years, $15m per year.
The higher dollar value will always win out. To beat the bid of 3 years, $10m per year, you would have to bid:
4 years, $10m per year (the extra year at the same dollar value puts it as the winning bid)
3 years, $11m per year (same length, higher yearly price)
2 years, $11m per year (shorter length, BUT highly yearly price, which is the deciding factor here)

Minimum Bid Raises for FA's: When bidding, you must bid at least the minimum bid raise for each value:
$0.5m - $9.9m per year = $0.2m increase
$10m - $24.9m per year = $0.5m increase
$25m - $100m per year = $1m increase

You have 48 hours to post/confirm the contract for your player.
If you don't, the player will be offered to the next highest bidder. If that GM does not want the player, it will go to the 3rd highest bidder. If that GM does not want the player, he gets released back into free agency.
This mainly applies to players who have less than 82 games (eligible for D-League) or who are injured (can be placed directly onto the Inactive Roster).
Most NBA type players will just be put onto your main roster with the contract you won them at. If you would like to move that player to the D-League (if eligible) or Inactive roster, please make a new post.

Rescinding Free Agency Bids:
If you win the bid/player, and after 48 hours (or sooner) you decide you do not want to sign that player for the contract you posted for whatever reason (no reason needs to be given), you can simply just state you don't want to sign that player anymore.
That player would then be offered to the next GM who bid on him at a 25% discount off their original bid (the 2nd highest bid). If he doesn't want that player or can't afford him any longer, the 3rd highest bid will be offered with the same discount. After that, player is released back to FA.

This discount is due to the cap space presumably used to go after other FA's in lieu of not continuing to bid on this FA. It is also due to the time elapsed (36 hours, plus up to another 48 hours - so 2-4 days), which again, presumably that cap has been used to bid on and possibly win other FA's. It wouldn't be fair to have to come up with the same amount of cap your originally bid on which you thought was lost and gone for, for 3-4 days.

Under no circumstances can you rescind a bid on an active thread (unless it is within 10 minutes or so of the initial post, and an honest mistake was made).
This seems like an obvious rule, but reason being you could go and use the cap you save from rescinding your offer to go and bid on another player. It would also allow you to free up a bid, so you could bid on a player whose time expires sooner than the player you are rescinding (and if this rule weren't in place, you could go back and still bid on that other player later on).

If you win a FA that puts you over the roster limit: You have to post who you're going to drop or buy-out within 48-hours of winning the player (after player is stickied by a Mod).
Same 48-hour rule applies - you have 48 hours to decide who your drop is and to post the contract for the new player. If not, the FA goes to the 2nd and then (if necessary) the 3rd highest bidder as explained above. After that, back to the FA pool.
Remember: Any players making under $1m per year are FREE drops (no buy-out penalty).

**You may only bid what you have available for in cap space**
It is NOT allowed to bid on a player that would put you over the cap (by any amount, even $0.1m), and than spend the coming weeks getting under again

Example: If you have $5m of cap space available, you could bid 1,2,3, or 4 years, $5m per year. You couldn't ever bid 1 year, $5.1m per year.
**This includes any current winning FA bids factored in as well.
So if you have $10m in cap space, and you have a winning bid of $9m per year on one player, you can't go and bid $5m per year on another player. You could only bid up to $1m per year on a new player.

In order to de-tour jacking of contracts or bidding just for the heck of it...the following must be followed:

In the last 6 hours if you haven't previously bid on that player, you may NOT bid on him. 

If you have been bidding all along than its fine. Remember, it this is only in effect once the bid thread has been open for 42 hours. This is just for the last 6 hours.

In the last 6 hours, the minimum bid increase is $1m. Period.
Doesn't matter if it is a $5m/year, $20m/year or $31m/year bid.

We don't want people dragging on a FA player thread (especially if it is in its last few hours) by just putting in $0.2m or $0.5m bids to keep the thread going so they can go bid on other players in the meantime. $1m in the last 6 hours means you're serious about the player - you should be serious about the player anyways if you had already put a bid on him to be eligible to bid in the last 6 hours!

Free agent discount

A 10% discount will be awarded on any Free agents won who were previously on the same team last season.

Example: I traded for Harrison Barnes on his expiring deal this year and don't think he is worth keeping with the franchise tag, but I want to bid on him in FA in the off-season.
If I win him at $15m per year, I would then get him at $13.5m per year

Bidding on Released Players

Any player who is bought out on the Transactions thread is eligible to be bid on right away by the other 19 teams.
However, a team who released a player may not bid on that player for a period of 30 days.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:13:48 PM by WestCoastExpress »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    Yesterday at 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    Yesterday at 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    Yesterday at 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    Yesterday at 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    Yesterday at 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    Yesterday at 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    Yesterday at 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    Yesterday at 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    Yesterday at 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    Yesterday at 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    Yesterday at 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    Yesterday at 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    Yesterday at 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    Yesterday at 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    Yesterday at 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    Yesterday at 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM