Author Topic: 5th Down - Week 15  (Read 834 times)

Eric

5th Down - Week 15
« on: December 17, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
Quarterbacks - Jake

Must Start: Eli Manning, New York Giants

The G-Men are rolling right along with a great comeback victory in Dallas last week, much of it due to the play of Eli.  In two of his last three games, he has thrown for 400 yards or more, and has thrown at least 2 TD's in all of them.  Against a below average Washington team, I expect Manning and his receivers to have a great Sunday.

Must Sit: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

Ankle injury aside, the Black and Gold play a very stout 49ers club on Monday night.  Though the Niners have struggled as of late, it isn't exactly their defense that is the problem.  A bum ankle + good defense = not worth the risk.  I'd look elsewhere to advance in your playoffs.

Sleeper: John Skelton, Arizona Cardinals & Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos

The Browns have a pretty decent pass defense, however the Cardinals are the hottest team in the league right now, and a home stand against the putrid Brownies will probably null any resistance they try and put up.  Skelton does have two 3 TD games under his belt in the last four games, but if you have Roethlisberger, I'd rather play this guy...love him or hate him, Tebow has been a pretty consistent fantasy QB.  Against the worst defense in the league, the Patriots, expect Tim to keep up with his shenanigans, and probably either throw or run for at least 2 scores.

Running Backs - JMACisBACK

Must Start- Chris Johnson, Ten vs IND ( also Arian Foster HOU vs CAR, Michael Turner ATL vs JAX)
CJ looks to be the RB from seasons past again of late and I do not see any way in which Indy slows him down this weekend. I would venture to say he goes for 120 plus yards with at least 1 TD this week.

Must Sit- Rashard Mendenhall, PIT vs SF( LeGarrette Blount TB vs DAL)
Mendy has a tough match up this weekend vs a stout SF run defense , Look for him to get locked up early in what looks to be a low scoring game with 2 of the better defenses. It is tough to sit what was probably most teams first RB taken, but this weeks playoff match up vs SF looks to be a bad one for Rashard. Look elsewhere if you can.

Sleeper- Felix Jones DAL vs TB ( Reggie Bush MIA vs BUF)
Felix looked like what everyone was hoping he would be this preseason when he was to be the lead back in Dallas before injuries set in and DeMarco took over. Well DeMarco is out and Felix will get a HEAVY workload vs a porous defense in TB this weekend. He is a legit RB1 , IMO , this weekend.

Wide Receivers - Rob

Must Start:  Miles Austin
Miles had a touchdown and 4 catches in his return to action last week.  Expect a big week against a weak Tampa secondary while Dallas desperately tries to regain their lead in the NFC East.

Must Sit:  DeSean Jackson
Other than a touchdown last week Jackson has been quiet in the last month and it was his first touchdown since week 5.  With Vick still bruised in battered I don't trust Jackson to produce.  Oh and he'll be on Revis Island... Even if Maclin draws coverage from Revis I still don't like Jackson this week.

Sleeper: Donald Driver
With Jennings down Driver is a great play for the rest of the season.  Of course you never know who Rodgers is going to throw to Driver should get more looks the rest of the way. 

Tight Ends - Kushton Slater

Must start - Rob Gronkowski, New England

Could "Gronk" be the most dangerous threat in the NFL? Depending on your leagues scoring system, he's as high as sixth in overall fantasy points thus far for ALL OFFENSIVE players. He is a matchup nightmare for any team they play and has been on an absolute tear the last 5 games.  Gronk has caught 2 TD's in four of his last five games and should continue to roll this weekend unless Tebow is playing both ways.

Must sit - Vernon Davis, San Francisco

Vernon is only averaging 42 receiving yards in his last 5 games and was held to one catch for 32 yards last week against the Cardinals.  This week he faces the leagues best past defense, the Bliztburg Steelers.  As a result, expect Vernon Davis to be more of a blocker in this one to protect Alex Smith from getting blizted.

Sleeper - Jake Ballard, New York Giants

Ballard looked good last week against the Cowboys and would have scored a second touchdown if he wasn't tackled just inches shy of the goal line.  Eli seems to look his way when the G-Men get in the redzone and the Redskins have allowed the second most fantasy points to opposing TE's this year.  The Redskins were very vunerable last week when New England spread them out and Ballard should have some open passing lanes since they will be focusing on Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.

Defense/Special Teams
- Eric

Must Start: Green Bay Packers

Their defense may give up a ton of points, but they make up for it in the amount of turnovers they make. The Packers have made at least 1 turnover if every game this season and have a total of 8 INT's in their last 3 games alone. Even better news is that they play the Chiefs this week, with a possible injured QB in Kyle Orton.

Must Sit: New England Patriots

The Pats have prob one of the worst secondary's in the league and this week they face the all mighty Tebow, which means they may bring more guys closer to the line in order to stop him. Not so fast....Tebow can throw! If he sees that he can log one deep to Thomas or Decker. He will create tons of problems for them. The Pats may win but Tebow will definitely bring his magic.

Sleeper: Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have quietly been putting together a good defensive season. They have only allowed over 10 fantasy points five times the season. They have 7 turnovers in as many games. This week they play the Rams. If you are in need of a defense, look no further than the Bengals.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE 2024 Bowl Schedule [link]
    May 02, 2024, 03:46:52 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any trade talks the rest of the day
    May 02, 2024, 05:37:03 PM
  • Alpha5: Having trouble with my computer. Will be back up this evening.
    Yesterday at 10:14:17 AM
  • Daddy: My dog ate my computer.
    Yesterday at 12:29:26 PM
  • dbreer23: I wish I was that lucky
    Yesterday at 01:07:02 PM
  • Daddy: Happy 30th birthday @Yeagg!
    Yesterday at 01:49:17 PM
  • Daddy: I got pubic hair older than you
    Yesterday at 01:53:00 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: I have (26) (30) 1st round picks to trade for higher pick let me know. 2 for 1. Frday special
    Yesterday at 03:59:28 PM
  • Brent: Damn, wish I still had a 1st.
    Yesterday at 04:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: I wish i had any picks. Would someone trade an old chap a few draft picks out of pity.
    Yesterday at 04:15:22 PM
  • Daddy: Football draft picks are the only ones in any sport i care about drafting. Hockey is #2, basketball #3 & baseball #5
    Yesterday at 04:18:05 PM
  • Daddy: Id rather draft amateur pickle ball players (#4)then baseball players.
    Yesterday at 04:19:44 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i traded my picks for upgrades
    Yesterday at 04:54:24 PM
  • Daddy: Risky business. Almost all NFL Drafted players see the field and some are instant stars (Puca Nacua) as you know. Its the only draft where the entire draft helps out.
    Yesterday at 05:24:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: im aware
    Yesterday at 06:24:20 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but strongly feel like the trades i made were good
    Yesterday at 06:24:37 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: and depth is key
    Yesterday at 06:24:46 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: look at my team youll see
    Yesterday at 06:24:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: acquiring minshew demarcus robinson and gus edwards
    Yesterday at 06:26:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: cost me picks but those guys are already vets
    Yesterday at 06:26:34 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: oh and diablo for defense
    Yesterday at 06:28:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: along with gibbens i upgraded both ends
    Yesterday at 06:30:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i made the SB last yr tryna keep that window still goin
    Yesterday at 06:31:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for trade talks the rest of the night
    Yesterday at 08:58:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Big trade
    Yesterday at 10:47:02 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: The return, per source: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella to Marlins for Luis arraez
    Yesterday at 10:47:26 PM
  • dbreer23: Arraez headed to the Padres for 4 prospects.
    Yesterday at 10:47:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer look above
    Yesterday at 10:50:15 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: just said return
    Yesterday at 10:50:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: marlins won thsi trade
    Yesterday at 10:52:12 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella great haul
    Yesterday at 10:52:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I like that football talk BAB
    Yesterday at 11:21:46 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: You like your team in may and may add something in FA. You are def a force in the NFC
    Yesterday at 11:22:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Only the late papps, daddy, TheGoat have ever won the NFC outside of yourself
    Yesterday at 11:22:37 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Papps and daddy did it twice
    Yesterday at 11:22:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Those two are also the only ever Superbowl Champions outside of the AFC
    Yesterday at 11:23:21 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Or Superbowl Champions from the NFC i should say. Sorry been drinking lol
    Yesterday at 11:23:44 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im coming for the NFC soon...
    Yesterday at 11:45:39 PM
  • Daddy: Bring it
    Today at 12:16:26 AM
  • Daddy: Im tired of not winning NFL LIVE
    Today at 12:16:40 AM
  • Daddy: My Son has TWO chips to my ONE. And now Rhino has one. Buc already had one.
    Today at 12:18:06 AM
  • Daddy: BAB barking, now you, Brent, Speed, Harman, RJ, roto... whatever. Im get'n mine. So there's that.
    Today at 12:20:31 AM
  • Daddy: You called your shot this year. I'm watching. Two years ago. You predicted it.
    Today at 12:21:54 AM
  • Daddy: Rhino called his last year.
    Today at 12:22:15 AM
  • Daddy: And that smack talk prompted an immediate NFL LIVE Trade. Yup.
    Today at 12:25:31 AM
  • Daddy: Welcome back to profsl you LEGEND you. kylerap!!
    Today at 12:28:30 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Jwalker yss
    Today at 12:44:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes possibly I have cap to make some moves
    Today at 12:45:00 AM
  • Daddy: @BAB you hear the AFC guys calling us out?
    Today at 12:45:43 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I did
    Today at 01:48:28 AM