Author Topic: 5th Down - Week 6  (Read 788 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
  • Founder
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
5th Down - Week 6
« on: October 16, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »
One extra look, one extra play, one extra down... Welcome back to the 5th Down where you have one last chance to start, bench, or take an extra look at a player.

Previous 5th Downs - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Quarterbacks - By:fantasyguru

MUST START: QB Eli Manning, New York Giants :NYG-NFL: 
I have just acquired Eli in one of my leagues to help turn around a flailing 1-4 team.  Manning can start doing that this week as the Giants host the Bills who have allowed the third most yards and sixth most passing yards.  Some picks are expected to go along with Manning's performances (especially against that opportunistic Buffalo-D).  I wouldn't be surprised by a 300-yard game with a handful of TDs (and a pick or two).

MUST BENCH: QB Matt Schaub, Houston Texans :HOU-NFL:
Schaub's inconsistencies are nothing new.  He has been fair this year throwing for 9 TD and 5 picks.  The Texans are without star wideout Andre Johnson and have just acquired Derrick Mason. If you put your faith into Schaub during the draft then you may not have a qualified backup option.  Perhaps you have Manning, Campbell, Roethlisberger, or a sleeper on hand...

SLEEPER: QB Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers :SFO:
I traded for Eli this week to lead me to victory.  My opponent in that league has taken his 49ers bias to a whole new level and is starting Alex Smith.  Perhaps he isn't that insane.  While his 3-TD performance should not be expected every week, Smith has been surprisingly efficient this year throwing for only one pick allowing the 49ers to start 4-1.  Perhaps he gives you 200 yards and 2 TDs... I am hoping he doesn't do that for the sake of my Kitna Allstars, but this is why he is a sleeper QB this week.

Running backs - By: zadelstein

MUST START: RB Ahmad Bradshaw, New York Giants :NYG-NFL:
Ahmad Bradshaw is in a split back system, but that never seems to keep him from having solid fantasy outings.  Bradshaw is averaging almost 12 points a week with just under 15 carries and over 4 receptions a game.  This week, the Giants face the Bills at home.  The key for the Giants offense is to keep the ball and the best way to do that is to run it with their explosive back.  This year, the Bills are in the bottom half against the run allowing elite explosive runners such as LeSean McCoy and Darren McFadden to run all over them.  I expect similar results for Bradshaw in a game that gets pretty high scoring.

MUST BENCH: RB Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions :DET-NFL:
Jahvid Best had a breakout game against the bears with over 150 yards and a touchdown.  This week, he will come back to reality as he is only carrying the ball 12 times at most the past 3 games and only has 1 touchdown.  Pile on top of that the fact that San Fransico is giving up the fewest amount of fantasy points to opposing Running Backs and have yet to give up a rushing TD.  With a superstar such as Calvin Johnson and an arm like Staffords, dont expect Best to get many more carries any time soon.

SLEEPER: RB Earnest Graham, Tampa Bay Buccaneers :TAM:
With LeGarrette Blount out against the Saints, Earnest Graham steps up into the starting roll for a Tampa Bay team desperately seeking some offense.  This season Graham is averaging over 4.5 yards per carry and has 23 catches out of the backfield.  Expect Graham to get 15-20 carries and 5 catches with a possible 100 yard game all around and a touchdown to go with it.  The Saints have had some good games against running backs but have given up at least 18 points to them 3 different times.  If you are looking for a running back, Graham might be your guy.

Wide receivers - By: Corey

MUST START: WR Stevie Johnson, Buffalo Bills :BUF:
The Bills offense has been lights out. This is a big instate game between the Bills and Giants. The way Fred Jackson has been running teams must focus on stopping the run. This should open up things for Johnson, Fitzpatrick and the rest of the passing offense. In all leagues and all styles Johnson is a must play this week.

MUST BENCH: WR Devin Hester, Chicago Bears :CHI:
The Bears offense has been dismal. The passing offense has been terrible. Devin Hester is a sit against the Vikings on Sunday Night. For Chicago to be effective the offensive line must be top shape and Hester has to bring his hands. Those combinations are a long shot.

SLEEPER: WR Nate Burleson, Detroit Lions :DET-NFL:
San Francisco's defense has done a great job focusing on what teams do best and then taking that away. Much like the Patriots have done in the past. No I am not saying Calvin Johnson will be non-existent. I'm simply saying that Burleson should be an easy target to hit if Stafford is patient and will find the open receiver. Don't be afraid to play Nate this week.

Tight ends - By: JMACisBACK

MUST START: TE Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints :NO:
This has become a no brainer, he is seeing the most targets weekly on a pass happy team and is a red zone beast to boot. He is clearly the next Gates type impact TE and seems to be on par with top tier WR's moving forward not just TE's. Look for him to exploit Tampa this week to the tune of 6-8 catches, 90 plus yards and at least one trip to the end zone. I know this is a Captain Obvious choice as a must start, but that is what must starts are supposed to be, right??  :thumbsup:

MUST BENCH: TE Dallas Clark, Indianapolis Colts :IND:
With no Peyton Manning around to look his way 8-10 times a game , he has become one of the overhyped flops of this early season at the Tight End position. Collins, Painter, etc just dont bring enough to the table for anyone to consistently start Clark on a weekly basis and this week is no different as he goes up against one of th emore underrated defenses in the league in the Bengals this week. Sit him and find a better option this week!

SLEEPER: TE Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions :DET-NFL:
Look for SF to try to minimize the damage that Calvin Johnson will do (though they wont be able to), and that will open up even more room underneath for this future stud TE. I can see Pettigrew putting up another big week in the neighborhood of 6-7 catches, 75 plus yards and one score. He is rising up the ranks weekly, just as this high power offense is with Stafford, Calvin, Best and now Pettigrew all as forces for the still undefeated Lions.  That sounds odd doesn't it?  Five weeks later and Pettigrew finds himself in the 'Sleeper' category again.  Perhaps it is time to remove the 'Sleeper' tag?

Defenses - By: Philly Girl

MUST START: DEF San Francisco 49ers :SFO:
The 49ers-D has put up 79 fantasy points this year - good for 2nd best in The Gridiron.  Their defense, led by Patrick Willis, shouldn't be much of a surprise to you, but what's keeping them ahead in most rankings this year is the offense.  The 49ers offense, still led by QB Alex Smith, is much more productive this year keeping the Niners IDPs off the field.  Regardless of the undefeated Lions and their weapons on offense this week, start the 49ers-D against Detroit.

MUST BENCH: DEF Houston Texans :HOU-NFL:
The Texans have been one of the better defenses this year.  In Week 6, they run into a solid Ravens offense in Baltimore.  With Mario Williams now out, it seems like the smart play is to bench the Texans in favor of another defense such as this week's sleeper...

SLEEPER: DEF Washington Redskins :WAS-NFL:
Washington has put up fantasy figures just like Houston this year, but it is a young team that is only getting better.  They are fairly healthy and face rival Philadelphia in Week 6.  The Eagles have coughed up the ball a league leading 15 times.  Need I say more?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:34:32 PM by Colby »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Brent: Damn, wish I still had a 1st.
    Yesterday at 04:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: I wish i had any picks. Would someone trade an old chap a few draft picks out of pity.
    Yesterday at 04:15:22 PM
  • Daddy: Football draft picks are the only ones in any sport i care about drafting. Hockey is #2, basketball #3 & baseball #5
    Yesterday at 04:18:05 PM
  • Daddy: Id rather draft amateur pickle ball players (#4)then baseball players.
    Yesterday at 04:19:44 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i traded my picks for upgrades
    Yesterday at 04:54:24 PM
  • Daddy: Risky business. Almost all NFL Drafted players see the field and some are instant stars (Puca Nacua) as you know. Its the only draft where the entire draft helps out.
    Yesterday at 05:24:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: im aware
    Yesterday at 06:24:20 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but strongly feel like the trades i made were good
    Yesterday at 06:24:37 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: and depth is key
    Yesterday at 06:24:46 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: look at my team youll see
    Yesterday at 06:24:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: acquiring minshew demarcus robinson and gus edwards
    Yesterday at 06:26:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: cost me picks but those guys are already vets
    Yesterday at 06:26:34 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: oh and diablo for defense
    Yesterday at 06:28:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: along with gibbens i upgraded both ends
    Yesterday at 06:30:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i made the SB last yr tryna keep that window still goin
    Yesterday at 06:31:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for trade talks the rest of the night
    Yesterday at 08:58:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Big trade
    Yesterday at 10:47:02 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: The return, per source: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella to Marlins for Luis arraez
    Yesterday at 10:47:26 PM
  • dbreer23: Arraez headed to the Padres for 4 prospects.
    Yesterday at 10:47:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer look above
    Yesterday at 10:50:15 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: just said return
    Yesterday at 10:50:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: marlins won thsi trade
    Yesterday at 10:52:12 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella great haul
    Yesterday at 10:52:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I like that football talk BAB
    Yesterday at 11:21:46 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: You like your team in may and may add something in FA. You are def a force in the NFC
    Yesterday at 11:22:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Only the late papps, daddy, TheGoat have ever won the NFC outside of yourself
    Yesterday at 11:22:37 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Papps and daddy did it twice
    Yesterday at 11:22:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Those two are also the only ever Superbowl Champions outside of the AFC
    Yesterday at 11:23:21 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Or Superbowl Champions from the NFC i should say. Sorry been drinking lol
    Yesterday at 11:23:44 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im coming for the NFC soon...
    Yesterday at 11:45:39 PM
  • Daddy: Bring it
    Today at 12:16:26 AM
  • Daddy: Im tired of not winning NFL LIVE
    Today at 12:16:40 AM
  • Daddy: My Son has TWO chips to my ONE. And now Rhino has one. Buc already had one.
    Today at 12:18:06 AM
  • Daddy: BAB barking, now you, Brent, Speed, Harman, RJ, roto... whatever. Im get'n mine. So there's that.
    Today at 12:20:31 AM
  • Daddy: You called your shot this year. I'm watching. Two years ago. You predicted it.
    Today at 12:21:54 AM
  • Daddy: Rhino called his last year.
    Today at 12:22:15 AM
  • Daddy: And that smack talk prompted an immediate NFL LIVE Trade. Yup.
    Today at 12:25:31 AM
  • Daddy: Welcome back to profsl you LEGEND you. kylerap!!
    Today at 12:28:30 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Jwalker yss
    Today at 12:44:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes possibly I have cap to make some moves
    Today at 12:45:00 AM
  • Daddy: @BAB you hear the AFC guys calling us out?
    Today at 12:45:43 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I did
    Today at 01:48:28 AM
  • Braves155: Hey guys, will be around today for deal talks. Been busy of late
    Today at 10:54:05 AM
  • Braves155: PM indiansnation
    Today at 11:36:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves 155 pm
    Today at 12:26:49 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 x2 pm
    Today at 12:44:23 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Today at 01:07:51 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 02:11:57 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: 2024 NFL Live Draft Player Pool [link]
    Today at 02:12:31 PM
  • Daddy: If it doesn't include the UDFAs its not completed.
    Today at 02:18:07 PM