Author Topic: MON and BOS Trade - Pending  (Read 1698 times)

the swede

MON and BOS Trade - Pending
« on: July 12, 2011, 04:35:03 AM »
MON Get:
Greggory Campbell
Joe Colborne
Matt Hunwick
Ben Bishop
Maxime Suave
Bos 1st Round Pick - 2011

BOS Get:
Price
Mon 2nd Round Pick - 2011
Mon 4th Round Pick - 2011

I like this trade because I need a lot of players seeing that I only have 11, plus the players that I will acquire are all very young. I also get a 1st rounder and give up a 2nd and 4th, but u cant really get good players compared to a 1st for those two picks.  As for my goalie I feel like I can get a top 15 goalie in FA.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:46:15 AM by joeshmoe »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: MON and BOS Trade
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:39:08 AM »
MON Get:
Greggory Campbell
Joe Colborne
Matt Hunwick
Ben Bishop
Maxime Suave

BOS Get:
Price

I like this trade because I need a lot of players seeing that I only have 11, plus the players that I will acquire are all very young. I also get a 1st rounder and give up a 2nd and 4th, but u cant really get good players compared to a 1st for those two picks.  As for my goalie I feel like I can get a top 15 goalie in FA.
Sorry but how is this anywhere close. He was getting 10x the value in my deal and I was offering to increase the pot. Nothing of significance is going MON's way. It is basically a Price give away.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

joeshmoe

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 04:39:38 AM »
MON Get:
Greggory Campbell
Joe Colborne
Matt Hunwick
Ben Bishop
Maxime Suave

BOS Get:
Price

I give up quite a bit of talent; Bishop and Colborne both can break through this year, Colborne projects as a top 6 forward for Toronto.  Suave is a talented young center, 21 years old, and had shown a lot of flashes last year.  Hunwick and Campbell offer cheap, young, NHL level talent and Campbell scored over 100 points last season (in our format).  I also provide the opportunity for Montreal to move up in the draft.  In return I get the chance to flush out my MiLR with two choices instead of one.  And the prize is Carey Price, who should provide the Bruins just what it takes to take the cup.  This move also free's up more cap space for Montreal to secure a goalie through Free Agency. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 04:41:58 AM »
Sorry but how is this anywhere close. He was getting 10x the value in my deal and I was offering to increase the pot. Nothing of significance is going MON's way. It is basically a Price give away.

Drew are you kidding me?  Please, this package offers 5x what you did.  All players are young and cheap contracts with loads of potential.  Plus he moves into the top 15 choices again.  His roster is barren of talent.  Sounds like somebody is sour their trade didn't work out.  Whatever, it's up to the TC.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 04:44:11 AM »
Also Price is still active in another trade as the MIN-MON trade has not been vetoed. There are still 2 members to vote that could push the 3 approvals and push the trade through.
No's
- joeshome
- hockeyfreak6000
- fantasy nightmares
Yes
- Tony

- papps and Gilly still to vote.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

joeshmoe

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 04:45:49 AM »
Also Price is still active in another trade as the MIN-MON trade has not been vetoed. There are still 2 members to vote that could push the 3 approvals and push the trade through.
No's
- joeshome
- hockeyfreak6000
- fantasy nightmares
Yes
- Tony

- papps and Gilly still to vote.

you're right...pending
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 04:51:22 AM »
I am not sour but I will give you a proper evaluation of the trade:

MON Get:
Greggory Campbell - a plug center, 4th liner
Joe Colborne - 16th/08 (best player sent in deal)
Matt Hunwick - moved onto COL this off-season, don't see that guy producing much, -15 and 13 points in 73 games
Ben Bishop - behind Halak in goal as well as Elliott, Blues also have a junior gold medal winner in Jake Allen coming up in their system as well
Maxime Suave - he is playing center for Boston, if Seguin is a healthy scratch how is he even going to make a dent
Bos 1st Round Pick - 2011 - 15th overall, nothing really great in the draft after 10th

BOS Get:
Price - one of best goalies in game, younger then most players coming other way in deal
- why is MON giving up 2 picks as well?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

joeshmoe

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 05:03:08 AM »
I am not sour but I will give you a proper evaluation of the trade:

MON Get:
Greggory Campbell - a plug center, 4th liner
Joe Colborne - 16th/08 (best player sent in deal)
Matt Hunwick - moved onto COL this off-season, don't see that guy producing much, -15 and 13 points in 73 games
Ben Bishop - behind Halak in goal as well as Elliott, Blues also have a junior gold medal winner in Jake Allen coming up in their system as well
Maxime Suave - he is playing center for Boston, if Seguin is a healthy scratch how is he even going to make a dent
Bos 1st Round Pick - 2011 - 15th overall, nothing really great in the draft after 10th

BOS Get:
Price - one of best goalies in game, younger then most players coming other way in deal
- why is MON giving up 2 picks as well?

Except, Montreal isn't competing this year with their roster and is in a rebuilding mode.  Although your evaluation of the talent sounds nice it's extremely askew because your trade was rejected and your sour about it.  Colborne is going to put up 100 points, he's top 6 in Toronto.  Bishop was signed by the Blues to a two year contract, they're carrying three Goalies?  No.  Bishop's 6 foot 5 and huge in net, a beast, pushed for starts last year, and Halak is junk man, didn't even put up decent numbers last year. Campbell a plug at 100 points on a cheap contract? Please, he's a legitimate energy line centerman and was considered the steal of the Bos-FL trade last year.  Hunwick moved to Colorado because he was extra, still starting in Colorado, must be terrible.  Suave is legitimate talent and will find a home somewhere, in Boston or not.  And if there's no good pick after 10...A) the move from picks 39th and 128th up to 15th is a steal.  Come on Drew you're acting like a kid.  And And, if a pick below 10th round is junk it makes your trade proposal look even more foolish.  Youre just hating because you couldn't steal Price for nothing.  6 players for 1...sounds like a good deal, especially since each has a mid-high level ceiling.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 05:22:08 AM »
Except, Montreal isn't competing this year with their roster and is in a rebuilding mode.  Although your evaluation of the talent sounds nice it's extremely askew because your trade was rejected and your sour about it.  Colborne is going to put up 100 points, he's top 6 in Toronto.  Bishop was signed by the Blues to a two year contract, they're carrying three Goalies?  No.  Bishop's 6 foot 5 and huge in net, a beast, pushed for starts last year, and Halak is junk man, didn't even put up decent numbers last year. Campbell a plug at 100 points on a cheap contract? Please, he's a legitimate energy line centerman and was considered the steal of the Bos-FL trade last year.  Hunwick moved to Colorado because he was extra, still starting in Colorado, must be terrible.  Suave is legitimate talent and will find a home somewhere, in Boston or not.  And if there's no good pick after 10...A) the move from picks 39th and 128th up to 15th is a steal.  Come on Drew you're acting like a kid.  And And, if a pick below 10th round is junk it makes your trade proposal look even more foolish.  Youre just hating because you couldn't steal Price for nothing.  6 players for 1...sounds like a good deal, especially since each has a mid-high level ceiling.
You know what joe, screw off. Since when did u become the hockey expert. Seems like you only become active when you don't have to do the dirty work.

Bishop may be a big goalie but that 2 year contract is a 2 way contract which means basically they keep him in the minors. Sauve is not a legitimate talent, comes in like 7th on the Bruins depth chart. Colburne will not be a top 6 forward, Toronto has Connolly, Grabby, Kadri, Bozak all up the middle and they will all get time over Colburne. Campbell yes is the highest point getter he is getting but is still a 4th line player. Hunwick will play a full season but won't be much of a contributor.

I am not sour, this is a bad trade and in comparison to the other trade on the table for Price, there is nothing of value. The other trade would need a little work as well. You could easily offer up one of your more notable centers in Seguin or Marchard as you have 7 along with Campbell. You shouldn't be receiving the picks at all.

And how is MON not competing with their current roster, first move would be to get rid of that awful Gomez contract. He also has around 30m in cap to play around with in free agency.

When you call names you are actually the more childish one here. I never once called you out or how you were acting but you insist on continuing to try and bring that into the conversion.

Do your research and get the facts before you start an argument.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

joeshmoe

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 05:26:30 AM »
You know what joe, screw off. Since when did u become the hockey expert. Seems like you only become active when you don't have to do the dirty work.

Bishop may be a big goalie but that 2 year contract is a 2 way contract which means basically they keep him in the minors. Sauve is not a legitimate talent, comes in like 7th on the Bruins depth chart. Colburne will not be a top 6 forward, Toronto has Connolly, Grabby, Kadri, Bozak all up the middle and they will all get time over Colburne. Campbell yes is the highest point getter he is getting but is still a 4th line player. Hunwick will play a full season but won't be much of a contributor.

I am not sour, this is a bad trade and in comparison to the other trade on the table for Price, there is nothing of value. The other trade would need a little work as well. You could easily offer up one of your more notable centers in Seguin or Marchard as you have 7 along with Campbell. You shouldn't be receiving the picks at all.

And how is MON not competing with their current roster, first move would be to get rid of that awful Gomez contract. He also has around 30m in cap to play around with in free agency.

When you call names you are actually the more childish one here. I never once called you out or how you were acting but you insist on continuing to try and bring that into the conversion.

Do your research and get the facts before you start an argument.

Youre right Drew, I didn't have enough time to commish and play my teams.  Good thing I stepped down!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Who is cooper Frick? What position he play
    April 26, 2024, 02:57:55 AM
  • Brent: BAB, yeah, Cooper is a beast.
    April 26, 2024, 07:21:11 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy I was just expressing my displeasure that we passed on cooper dejean. I strongly felt cb was a bigger need or ol than wr
    April 26, 2024, 10:28:14 AM
  • Daddy: I get it
    April 26, 2024, 10:39:43 AM
  • Daddy: I dont understand everything i saw last night. The biggest winner to me was Gardner Minshew
    April 26, 2024, 10:40:41 AM
  • Daddy: Raiders, Atlanta both should have traded back if they were gonna do what they did. IMO
    April 26, 2024, 10:41:23 AM
  • Daddy: Atlanta could have fleeced Minny and let them draft JJ #6 then still get Penix before Denver/LV
    April 26, 2024, 10:42:24 AM
  • Daddy: Its like Brian is running the Raiders.
    April 26, 2024, 10:43:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ya know what speaking of gardener I did trade for him this off-season
    April 26, 2024, 10:46:49 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I honestly wouldn't have minded pearsall but I saw him as a Rd 2 target not Rd 1. Great to see another former alumni join the niners.
    April 26, 2024, 10:48:21 AM
  • Daddy: 49ers made a smart pick IMO.
    April 26, 2024, 02:25:27 PM
  • Daddy: Their WRs need contracts and Deebo has been used a lot for a guy his size already.
    April 26, 2024, 02:26:18 PM
  • Daddy: They cant and wont keep them all beyond this year.
    April 26, 2024, 02:27:17 PM
  • Daddy: Plenty of Defense left. Only 9 guys on D got drafted last night. NONE of them will be 1st rd picks in LIVE. In fact i dont think a D player gets drafted at all in LIVE till round 3.
    April 26, 2024, 02:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: If you want a S or CB @BAB your Niners will get one.
    April 26, 2024, 02:30:45 PM
  • Daddy: If anyone questions the potency or quality of Colorado marijuana, i got two words for you. Bo Nix
    April 26, 2024, 02:32:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lets see what we do today
    April 26, 2024, 06:15:44 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of great players remaining on the board
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Prospects rather
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Per my own eval at least
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:25 PM
  • Daddy: There are still +220 picks to be made. So. Yeah.
    April 26, 2024, 07:35:23 PM
  • Daddy: If you got ANY extra loot laying around. Pick #33 will definitely be a WR. Probably got to wager $5 to win $1 by now but the line was -400 last i looked.
    April 26, 2024, 07:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: #33 + WR = $$$
    April 26, 2024, 07:37:36 PM
  • Daddy: My guess Keon Coleman. I put it out there. Now im going to drink my crown and smoke a cigar. Rounds 2 & 3 begins in 10 minutes.
    April 26, 2024, 07:49:11 PM
  • Daddy: Damn im good
    April 26, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • Daddy: Only 12 offensive players were drafted in Round 2. All of them 1st rd NFL LIVE picks.
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:11 PM
  • Daddy: 63% of NFL Roster makeup  Are players drafted in rounds 4-7 or UDFA
    April 27, 2024, 01:05:08 PM
  • Alpha5: CBS's comp for Bo Nix is Josh Dobbs lol
    April 27, 2024, 03:01:57 PM
  • IndianaBuc: Maybe there’s hope for Zack after all.
    April 27, 2024, 03:13:10 PM
  • Alpha5: Trotter to the Eagles. That's pretty good @jwalker
    April 27, 2024, 03:58:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Nix will be their guy for at least a few years. He was picked 1.12. Zach wilson is fighting for his nfl life
    April 27, 2024, 04:35:18 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Alpha Trotter to eagles is a great story. Not sure it produces great results. We will see
    April 27, 2024, 04:35:42 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Zach wilson vs Jarrett Stidham camp battle for QB2. The suspense!
    April 27, 2024, 04:45:40 PM
  • Alpha5: Keon Colemans comp is Ja'Marr chase on CBS which is weird to me
    April 27, 2024, 05:19:09 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Nothing like having some depth guys on your NFL Live roster you believe in and watching his team draft a player at his position. Sometimes it happens twice. Stay strong NFL Live GMs lol
    April 27, 2024, 05:53:25 PM
  • Alpha5: Trey Benson picked crushed my Demarcado/Michael Carter hopes
    April 27, 2024, 06:12:44 PM
  • Alpha5: *pick
    April 27, 2024, 06:12:58 PM
  • Daddy: Dont think of it that way. So many guys get hurt. The NFL moves so fast. Think of your players as commodity even if they are backups or rookies that arent playing much.
    April 27, 2024, 06:16:20 PM
  • Daddy: Any player that plays at all has LIVE value. It's the GMs here that determine what that value means to them or is worth in a trade.
    April 27, 2024, 06:17:45 PM
  • Daddy: If a guy is on your team and he is also on an NFL roster. He has LIVE value.
    April 27, 2024, 06:19:21 PM
  • Daddy: How much do you love sports? How much do you love "your sport". Do you feel you could GM a franchise?
    April 27, 2024, 10:30:28 PM
  • Daddy: LIVE is a free league, better than any money league. That tests your ability to build a franchise. In a simulation setting more realistic than anything you are going to find.
    April 27, 2024, 10:31:51 PM
  • Daddy: Dont believe me? See for yourself.
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:08 PM
  • Daddy: Dont like me? So what
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:18 PM
  • Daddy: If you like sports and like dynasty. And you arent in LIVE... You aint hurting me none. You just wont know how good you really are. Pretending to be the best, isnt being the best.
    April 27, 2024, 10:33:55 PM
  • Daddy: The "best GMs" seek the best competition. Period.
    April 27, 2024, 10:38:07 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL Carolina Hurricanes welcome new owners MooseMan & GoForth :CAR-NHL: [link] :CAR-NHL:
    Yesterday at 01:44:14 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here to talk
    Yesterday at 10:25:28 PM
  • dbreer23: PM Mt_Crushmore
    Today at 12:58:42 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pm DBreer23
    Today at 01:30:41 PM