Author Topic: A Look at Franchise GM  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
A Look at Franchise GM
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:30:48 PM »
It's always fun to step back at look at how things are going in our league.  Here we are at the All-Star break, six scoring periods away from the playoffs, and there are some interesting things in the works.

Pleasant Surprises

In the American League, the Orioles are running away with the #1 Seed as the leader of the AL West with a record of 99-15.  The Orioles have assembled a team with a balanced attack of productive hitters and a strong group of SPs. 

While the Orioles  have been doing their thing, the Pleasant Surprises come from the AL Central leader Tigers and AL West leader Mariners. Both of them lead them have identical records of 83-31. At the moment, both of them enjoy three game leads over White Sox and A's.

In the NL Central, the Cardinals have built a seven game lead over the FGM defending champions Cubs

Old Reliables

In the National League, we have some Old Reliables leading the way.  The battle for the #1 Seed features some familiar souls in Phillies (91-23) and Dodgers (90-24).  Both are dominating their division with double digit leads.

Wild Card Races

In the American League, the Wild Card leaders are White Sox and A's with identical records of 80-34.  The Angels are breathing down their necks at 79-35 and, after several seasons of rebuilding, the Angels could be seen as the biggest surprise of the season.

In the National League, the Wild Card race is just as competitive.  The Giants (74-40) and the Cubs (73-41) are separated by a single game, but there are several teams still in the hunt: the Marlins (68-46) and the Brewers (67-47) -- with the Reds (60-54) and Padres (59-55) within shouting distance.

The Stretch Run

With the Trade Deadline only 19 days away, I would expect there to be some definite Buyers and Sellers.  A few moves could help solidify some lineups and could also help some teams build for the future. 

As always, injuries and slumps will play a significant role in how things turn out.  We all know the frustrations that stem from a key player suffering an injury or falling into a performance slump. 

As we wind down the regular season, may the Fantasy Gods look upon your team with favorable eyes.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline jpmanchester

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :LAL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Blank:
    • :LAG:
    • View Profile
Re: A Look at FGM at the All-Star Break
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 03:15:05 AM »
Cardinals and Cubs are building a pretty competitive rivalry the last couple years!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
A Look at Franchise GM
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:06:07 PM »
For some reason I can't seem to post on any of the FGM Boards, so I've asked Flash to post this for me:

Seems like yesterday this season began but we are currently in the final week of our regular season. All in all I'd say it has been a pretty good year.

We have a few surprise team still in contention. The Angels and Detroit come to mind. They finished 44.5 and 53 games back, respectively last year and both are still in the hunt.

On another front I think activity has been satisfactory. From a Commish's point of view you can never have enough activity but we've done OK. I'm a little disappointed at the amount of last minute trades at the deadline but I think we've somewhat made that up in August trades.

Speaking of activity- I feel like I need to apologize for not being as visible as I'd like to be this season. I've been around on a daily basis but my current work schedule has prohibited me from being as active as I'd prefer. That's one advantage I have- a Co-Commish named Flash. Huge props to him; he's kept this league running this season.

With all that said here is the playoff season as it currently stands:
NATIONAL LEAGUE

All divisions have been clinched- St. Louis, Philly and the Dodgers
The Wild Card race is down to the Giants (102-52), Cubs (101-53), and Brewers (99-55)

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Baltimore has clinched the East as has Seattle in the West but that's where it gets interesting:

Detroit and the ChiSox are separated by 5 games in a battle for the Central. The Wild Card teams are too confusing to figure out but the Angels, A's, and the 2nd place Central team are in contention for Wild Card berths. Boston has not been mathematically eliminated. Good luck to the remaining contending teams!

Thanks,
Rick
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Alpha5: 20 Teams
    Yesterday at 03:22:44 PM
  • Alpha5: Cash prizes
    Yesterday at 03:22:49 PM
  • Alpha5: LIVE Scoring system
    Yesterday at 03:22:59 PM
  • Alpha5: Name your Team.
    Yesterday at 03:23:47 PM
  • Alpha5: This is Powerhouse Baseball 2025
    Yesterday at 03:24:00 PM
  • Alpha5: *Powered by LIVE
    Yesterday at 03:26:11 PM
  • Alpha5: [link]
    Yesterday at 03:26:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Alpha taking a lead commish role for a change good for u
    Yesterday at 07:34:31 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah his training wheels are off. Especially with a money baseball league. Profsl hasnt seen one of those in over a decade.
    Yesterday at 08:02:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: my only qualms is what is the method to pay. i dont wanan havta make another money account like league safe
    Yesterday at 08:04:39 PM
  • Daddy: It uses the LIVE scoring engine. Otherwise its a completely different baseball option then LIVE, FGM, or Armchair.
    Yesterday at 08:05:26 PM
  • Daddy: I think its thru fantrax but its next season so he has time to sort that out.
    Yesterday at 08:06:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i got that
    Yesterday at 08:07:32 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: its just its a money league
    Yesterday at 08:07:38 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i havat be very careful w such things
    Yesterday at 08:07:46 PM
  • Daddy: Variety is what all of our leagues should be, no two alike. So we as a site can cater to all types. MLB LIVE lost a HOF level GM (Paul) because he doesn't do H2H leagues.
    Yesterday at 08:08:02 PM
  • TheGOAT: @Daddy, when will NBA Live be in full swing?
    Yesterday at 08:09:19 PM
  • Daddy: Its there as an option. $10 entry for a chance to win $100 or double your money. Worst case you're out $10 but no contracts etc.
    Yesterday at 08:09:37 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat starting two leagues next month. NBA could be ready by the upcoming season.
    Yesterday at 08:10:17 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat I'm waiting on the creation of league boards per @Anthony. Once the boards are up the building of the league begins.
    Yesterday at 08:11:17 PM
  • Daddy: NHL & NCAA football will both be insane for a minute.
    Yesterday at 08:12:19 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: its also redraft
    Yesterday at 08:14:07 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: which makes it interesting
    Yesterday at 08:14:16 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE scoring, concept, rules, its all ready to go. The concept was completed last month.
    Yesterday at 08:14:18 PM
  • Daddy: @BAB exactly. Fresh start each year. @Alpha5 is on to something. And the LIVE scoring engine is legit.
    Yesterday at 08:15:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i just need to know how money is handled
    Yesterday at 08:17:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: before deciding
    Yesterday at 08:18:01 PM
  • Daddy: That's fair. He is building his own brand "Powerhouse" is redraft each sport $10 entry & 20 teams. Football, Baseball, Basketball, and lastly hockey.
    Yesterday at 08:23:34 PM
  • Daddy: Each sport powered by the LIVE scoring engine.
    Yesterday at 08:24:55 PM
  • Daddy: Redraft
    Yesterday at 08:25:35 PM
  • Daddy: Im so proud lol (insert tear) #newgeneration
    Yesterday at 08:32:17 PM
  • Braves155: I had the best sick day ever today. This morning I woke sick as piss, texted my boss I was taking a sick day as it wasn't happening. I might also might have met someone who shows interest in this old boy
    Yesterday at 09:48:46 PM
  • Braves155: Via an accidental text from said person.
    Yesterday at 09:49:24 PM
  • dbreer23: It's a clear and quiet night in MLB LIVE, and the boards are cleared...
    Yesterday at 10:25:23 PM
  • Alpha5: If we could handle the money on fantrax that'd be great. Leaguesafe is actually the site I've been inquiring about
    Today at 07:13:38 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Anyone know how to eliminate all the baseball news in unread topics and have football or hockey?
    Today at 09:15:12 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Nevermind found it!
    Today at 09:18:29 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Excited to see this news!!! Goff agreed to a four-year, $212 million contract extension with the Lions on Monday, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
    Today at 09:23:51 AM
  • Daddy: He has two NFL LIVE Superbowl wins. The only two time champion.
    Today at 11:59:49 AM
  • Rhino7: The GOAT lol
    Today at 01:11:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm ready for another SB rub
    Today at 01:15:30 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: In NFL
    Today at 01:15:35 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Where's all the Gm's other than the norm? Wake up!!! You got a team to run!!!. Let's trade, talk football, get tou FIRED up even though your last in your division.
    Today at 04:22:12 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Any YouTube viewers watching dynasty draft? Any your subscribed to?
    Today at 04:31:02 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Lol
    Today at 04:53:59 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I get like that too Eric. My goal every offseason is to do at least 1 trade with every gm. Why not? Its fun
    Today at 04:55:00 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Some guys just dont trade for whatever reason. But the guys who dont arent championship contenders.
    Today at 04:55:47 PM
  • Daddy: They trade, about as often as real teams do. For people that love year round trading, being in one league, one sport, its going to be difficult.
    Today at 05:38:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Not everyone trades. But agreed, for one sport folk like myself. It requires patience
    Today at 06:10:32 PM
  • Alpha5: NFL LIVE is the most difficult league for me and it's not even close
    Today at 07:22:33 PM