Author Topic: Suggestions to help this league run better  (Read 8179 times)

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • :BUF:
    • :Blank:
    • :EDM:
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions to help this league run better
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 05:11:52 PM »
team pages would look much more neat even if it was just tweaked a bit.

E.g.

Forwards
C Eric Belanger, $0.2m (2011-2012)
C Marcel Goc, $2m (2013-2014)
C Andrew Murray, $0.4m (2012-2013)
LW Paul Bissonnette, $0.6m (2011-2012)
LW Taylor Pyatt, $1.1m (2011-2012)
LW Ray Whitney, $3m (2011-2012)
LW Wojtek Wolski, $3.8m (2011-2012)
RW Shane Doan, $4.6m (2011-2012)
RW Viktor Tikhonov, $0.5m (P-2012)
Defenseman
D Adrian Aucoin, $2m (2011-2012)
D Derek Morris, $2.8m (2013-2014)
D Kurt Sauer, $1.8m (2011-2012)
D David Schlemko, $0.5m (P-2012)
D Oliver Ekman-Larsson, $2m (P-2012)

It is simple fix.

- Im fine with the minor rosters the way they are.
- processing transactions needs to be much faster.

That is my 2 cents.  :thumbsup:
The Forwards/defenseman idea is very simple and would work great. IMO
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

2013-14  NHL Invitational Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • :BUF:
    • :EDM:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 05:13:26 PM »
Can we add TOI?

This gives fantasy relevence for defensive players like Regehr who every team needs, are on the ice for the important minutes but generate few stats.
This is a great idea as well. I use it in my league to give the more defensive defenseman more value.  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

2013-14  NHL Invitational Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

SizzRat

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:59 PM »
This is a great idea as well. I use it in my league to give the more defensive defenseman more value.  :thumbsup:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Defensive D-Men or guys on the 4th line who play a lot of PK have little value in Fantasy, but are huge parts to a team's success. TOI points would be awesome.

It may get a little too complicated, but I wouldn't even mind seeing points for TOI on the PK... I think it would allow each team to have more depth. A guy like Blair Betts who doesn't score have many goals or assists but is a beast on the PK would have a lot more value.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »
Can we get a retirement clause?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jesse

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 29
    • :NE:
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :TOT:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
The problem I see with making a stat for TOI is the players that play 20+ mins a night are not the 4th line guys so they become less valuable then they are now. It helps with the Defensive dmen but hurts when it comes to the 3rd and 4th liners
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:COL-NHL:

GO AVS GO

:COL-NHL:

joeshmoe

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
The problem I see with making a stat for TOI is the players that play 20+ mins a night are not the 4th line guys so they become less valuable then they are now. It helps with the Defensive dmen but hurts when it comes to the 3rd and 4th liners

It is also an inflated stats.  It does not reflect actual ability.  Merely this; somebody has to play those minutes...where as goals, assists, +/-, hits, fights, etc are all attributed to the players actual play.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
1 major thing that will lead to parity and more competitive play... reduce # of teams OR pause league activities while replacing team managers.

Otherwise, the existing teams will poach all the talent before new managers arrive.
it simply doesn't create a competitive league, instead it penalized new managers.

Reason:
if the league continues to function at 100%, trades, temp managers, FA signings, etc. before the league is 100% filled/vacated teams replaced, the level of play will be completely skewed to the teams that are here longest.

Example:
as much as I love a good challenge, the Panthers team I've inherited was purged, all the point producing/value players traded off + for some reason the temp manager accepted bad contracts like Gervais $4m+, Dipietro lifetime contract at $4.5m

Thinking about pausing activities, especially since there's lots of "down time" during the Summer months.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

joeshmoe

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »
1 major thing that will lead to parity and more competitive play... reduce # of teams OR pause league activities while replacing team managers.

Otherwise, the existing teams will poach all the talent before new managers arrive.
it simply doesn't create a competitive league, instead it penalized new managers.

Reason:
if the league continues to function at 100%, trades, temp managers, FA signings, etc. before the league is 100% filled/vacated teams replaced, the level of play will be completely skewed to the teams that are here longest.

Example:
as much as I love a good challenge, the Panthers team I've inherited was purged, all the point producing/value players traded off + for some reason the temp manager accepted bad contracts like Gervais $4m+, Dipietro lifetime contract at $4.5m

Thinking about pausing activities, especially since there's lots of "down time" during the Summer months.

A lot of what you're talking about happened because the teams did have managers.  We can't contract either, as the purpose of the league is to emulate the NHL.  Sometimes teams are so bad the only way to rebuild is through the draft!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »
i hear you RE sometimes teams are so bad...

but tracing back to this Panthers team, they apparently did OK last season finishing something like Top10, lost its' manager, added a temp mgr for 3wks and now there's zero trace of assets left on the team and some really questionable + bad contracts added (perhaps I'm unique in that I've never seen someone trade for Dipietro even in deep contract leagues)

in this case, it would've been better to pause league activities instead of allowing temp managers to gut a viable team, turning it into a 1-2 yrs rebuild.

in the end, by pausing league activities during manager searches - it helps create more league parity which is more exciting and competitive vs powerhouses plowin' though weak teams for seasons on end.

a 2nd suggestion, dispersal draft for new incoming managers to allow for assets to be recalibrated.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:42:17 PM by PigsRule »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

Fantasy Nightmares

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »
i hear you RE sometimes teams are so bad...

but tracing back to this Panthers team, they apparently did OK last season finishing something like Top10, lost its' manager, added a temp mgr for 3wks and now there's zero trace of assets left on the team and some really questionable + bad contracts added (perhaps I'm unique in that I've never seen someone trade for Dipietro even in deep contract leagues)

in this case, it would've been better to pause league activities instead of allowing temp managers to gut a viable team, turning it into a 1-2 yrs rebuild.

in the end, by pausing league activities during manager searches - it helps create more league parity which is more exciting and competitive vs powerhouses plowin' though weak teams for seasons on end.

a 2nd suggestion, dispersal draft for new incoming managers to allow for assets to be recalibrated.

see now i usally keep quiet as i dont like to speak about things cause i get fired up lol but i do have too say ur panthers team wasnt all that before the temp gm was in office for those 3 weeks or so. he was looking at the team too get younger and to build through the next couple of drafts too be that powerhouse u talk about. now i see ur opinion on the goalie cause not many people are high on the guy but he may of been part of a deal that got u younger or got u a draft pick. the temp gm u had is no dummy and if he made the move there was a viable reason behind it and i know he would not gut a team to do bad. my only thing i ask u is look into the reasonings a little deeper before u assume anything and i know this is just a free fantasy game but a lot of people on here have become close friends of mine and i could stand back and let u try to run his strategy into the ground. and no im not trying to start drama just could watch pigs keep it up. i give u my word buddy that he wasnt trying to gut the team in his brain he had a plan to make this team become younger and an eventual powerhouse for so many years. sorry for wasting anyones time posting this.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Thats why the vet gms pn this site do so good with their minors they spend alot of time reasearching
    April 30, 2024, 12:26:58 AM
  • Daddy: I did one. I watched the other. Im a doing kind of guy first.
    April 30, 2024, 12:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Well daddy dont get your hopes up this yr u ate not going to win it
    April 30, 2024, 12:27:37 AM
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM