Author Topic: Article I - League Settings & Requirements  (Read 1819 times)

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Blank:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Article I - League Settings & Requirements
« on: August 28, 2015, 10:03:11 AM »
Section A: League Premise
To represent the current atmosphere of MLB for GMs in a manner that works effectively with fantasy baseball while not making it overly complicated to play.  The league will be a free league on Fantrax.

Section B: GM Requirements
Item B I: GM Appointment
There are no prerequisites for entry into this league.  The official signup / waiting list provides candidates to be considered.  New GM appointments are made at the commissioner's discretion.  For existing ProFSL members, the basis of approval is judged by activity on the ProFSL forum, membership in other ProFSL leagues, experience, and reason for applying to FGM.  In the event the waiting list is empty or those waiting are not interested in the available team the Commissioner reserves the right to appoint a GM.

Item B II: Activity
As a GM in this league, there are five pillars by which participation will be measured:
  • Participation in Free Agency - You must be an active member of the ProFSL forum as all transactions are decided by bidding on the Franchise GM boards.
  • Setting lineups during the season in Fantrax
  • Participation in the amateur draft - Voluntary auto draft or opt out is considered participation.
  • Responding to PMs It is expected that GMs respond to all PMs from the commissioner or other GMs in the league (i.e. trade requests, etc.). All members are under a subjective 'contract' to all other Franchise GM members to respond to all inquiries and offers in a positive and timely manner. (See Etiquette below.)
  • Logging in to ProFSL - The expectation is that Franchise GM members will log on to the ProFSL site at least once every 14 days (two weeks).
Penalty: This league uses a three strikes penalty approach.  Any GM who fails to meet any of these five pillars of participation, without prior communication, may be assessed a "strike."  You will receive notification that you failed to meet one of these expectations and may be asked to respond accordingly.  Any member who reaches three "strikes" may be relieved of his GM duties by the commissioner.

Etiquette
This league is meant to be fun and enjoyable.  It is certainly not expected that you put your life on hold to play in this league.  There are times when things come up that prevent us from having the time to put as much effort in as we would like.  In this league, we make every effort to mitigate that impact and provide ways to work around or through these things.  That said there are some points of etiquette to address:
  • Activity: If you plan on going on a hiatus of any type (vacation, busy with work) please notify the commissioner ahead of time.  If we know there are issues or reasons, you will not be around, we can take the necessary steps to ensure your team is taken care of (auto draft, pms to address specific items).  The point is: Please communicate.  This makes it easier to work with these issues.
  • Responding to PMs: Much like in our everyday lives, when someone comes up to speak with us, it is only in good manners to respond.  This is not an attempt to create more trades or transactions, but to generate a good community within the league.  News travels fast, and if you were to ignore a certain member, odds are other members will become aware of it.  Many of us are friends throughout the site, and keep in touch with all facets of Franchise GM and other leagues, including responsive and unresponsive GM's.

If you do not like an inquiry or offer, a simple 'No thanks' is perfectly acceptable within a time frame of reason, rather than ignoring the message entirely.  Sometimes a member simply forgets to get back to someone, but a repeated lack of responses will be noticed and reported, subjective to the time frame and dialogue exchanged. 
  • Resigning: There is no shame in having to step away.  Life is far more important than this game.  If things come up and you need to step away, please reach out and communicate this.  If you decide at some point you would like to come back, this communication will be a point in your favor when we consider your request.
The ultimate goal is to ensure that GM's are being positive members, and the league has 30 active GM's.  We want Franchise GM to be a stalwart of quality fantasy baseball, and I feel I speak for all of us when I say that our biggest goal is to have fun and enjoy some competitive fantasy sports.

Item B III: GM Transfers
FGM is designed for the long term development of it's franchises by dedicated ownership. When a GM position becomes open and a current GM requests to move into that opening, consideration will be given to those seeking to transfer based on a combination of the following criteria:
  • Tenure within FGM itself (9 mo. minimum with current franchise)
  • Success within FGM
  • Desire to rebuild a less successful franchise
  • Requested GMs stated favorite MLB team
Item B IV: Franchise Names
Your franchise name is tied to the actual MLB franchise.  If the team name changes, or the franchise moves to a different city, your team name must adapt.  In the event of contraction, your team name remains grandfathered unless you decide to take on a different franchise in MLB that may become open.

Section C: Rosters
Item C I: Roster Sizes
  • MLB rosters will have no minimum and a 40 player maximum
  • Minor league rosters will have no minimum and a 20 player maximum
Item C II: Lineups
  • The lineups can be set daily.  Roster is locked 1 minute before games start.
  • The scoring period is weekly, Monday thru Sunday
  • Lineups consist of the following positions:
    • C (1)
    • CI (2)
    • MI (2)
    • OF (3)
    • Util (1)
    • SP (5)
    • RP (6)
Article I Update Log
Adopted 9/20/15

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 11:03:01 AM by ldsjayhawk »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Im looking to compete in mlb live im looking to add pieces to my team. I can move any of my prospects no one is safe in my minors
    April 13, 2024, 11:01:13 PM
  • Daddy: Hit me up
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:04 PM
  • Daddy: Grandpa Brian
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:15 PM
  • indiansnation: No thanks daddy im looking to take your team out. I want to make my @@@ch
    April 13, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one moe big bat and a couple of starting pitching
    April 13, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Back at u bigfry
    April 13, 2024, 11:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im preparing for Hockey domination. :)
    April 14, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry important pm read the latest pm i sent u
    April 14, 2024, 12:14:42 AM
  • indiansnation: Dad yea u going down in that league also nhl live u got no chance in any live leagues
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy im takening u out
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm trade offer sent
    April 14, 2024, 12:36:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry back at u
    April 14, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry trade posted everything u mentioned to me
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlouis blues 91 pm back at u
    April 14, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
  • indiansnation: Debreer23 pm
    April 14, 2024, 01:37:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 02:36:03 AM
  • Daddy: Geezus that MLB board is lit up. Lets clean that up a bit.
    April 14, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
  • Daddy: Great job Gary, thank you.
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:52 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    April 14, 2024, 03:31:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 04:13:22 PM
  • Alpha5: The nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
  • Alpha5: De nothing
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    Yesterday at 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    Yesterday at 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    Yesterday at 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    Yesterday at 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    Yesterday at 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    Yesterday at 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    Yesterday at 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    Yesterday at 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    Yesterday at 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    Yesterday at 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    Yesterday at 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Today at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Today at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Today at 01:18:11 AM