Author Topic: RC - Please vote on the Dodgers Opening  (Read 3593 times)

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
RC - Please vote on the Dodgers Opening
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
Applicants are the following:

1.  Mr. Trade King
2.  Eric
3.  BHows
4.  Joe
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Brewers GM

RC - Please vote on the Dodgers Opening
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »
As a league, we should value:
- Camaraderie & Respect
- Tenure & Activity
- Competition

A lot of discussion has been around performance, but to be honest this is not the most important characteristic of a candidate owner in my opinion.  Mike built a powerhouse with LA, but after the first year or so he went MIA and then quit.  I'll take Colby and Dan and their middling teams as owners over him any day (friendly cheap shot at my division mates).

My criteria would be around long-term tenure with a serious fantasy league, and recommendations from trusted references - these recommendations are the most critical.  High-activity and any leadership contributions are pluses.  Any history of bailing on teams or disrespectful behavior would be strong negatives.

Can we get a summary of the noted information for each applicant?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Eric

Re: RC - Please vote on the Dodgers Opening
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:42:01 PM »
Do you guys want us applicants to post anything?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:56:40 AM »
Do you guys want us applicants to post anything?

Yes.  Please provide a little background on your fantasy baseball experience including any other ProFSL leagues in which you may already be a member.

Thanks,

Roy
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Joe

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »
Yes.  Please provide a little background on your fantasy baseball experience including any other ProFSL leagues in which you may already be a member.

Thanks,

Roy

Let's see.... For the past few years I've just played in a basic rotisserie redraft league with some friends where I work. Those guys (for the most part) are all fantasy football junkies and they wanted to try and find something to hold them over until football started again so they gave fantasy baseball a try. Nobody really cared about it though. They were more gambling fans than baseball fans. I, on the other hand really like baseball, so I loved it a lot more than they did. Eventually they gave up on the baseball league and it left me without a league, but the fire had been lit in me and I know I needed to find a baseball league to play in. So, I went on a search that ended up with me finding ProFSL.

Words can't explain how much I love the complexity of the leagues here with contracts, minors, the depth and knowledge required. It's like no other leagues I've ever played in before. It fits my personality perfectly as I'm your typical fantasy nerd who devotes most of his free time (and sometimes not free time lol) to his teams. Here at ProFSL I'm in two baseball leagues, Around The Horn and the yet to be started Bush League.

I took over the Dodgers in Around The Horn about a month ago from an owner who left the league and I've loved the process of slowly making the team mine. It truely has been a blast and I'd love the chance to do the same with the Dodgers in Franchise GM.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr.TradeKing

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 11:12:26 AM »
Well, I started play fantasy baseball/football when I was 13, so I'm coming up on a decade played here in a few months. Like most, I started out with basic leagues and when that simply just wasn't enough any more, I began competing in several complex proboards leagues. Shortly after this is when Colby recruited me to ProFSL and it's been the perfect fit. The only time I had to step away was during sophomore year which is regarded as the most difficult year for biology majors at Wofford and it was just something I had to do (despite hating to, it was a part of growing up) in order to focus on grades/scholarships/med-school. In my time at ProFSL, I've usually taken over teams rather than starting from scratch and this rarely doesn't involving "fixing"/rebuilding the teams. As far as current ProFSL baseball leagues go, here is my lineup:

:SEA: , Moneyball - I'm sure some fellow MB guys can attest to the shape of that roster before I took it over early last season. Despite this, I made up a lot of ground and came very close to actually making the playoffs. This year we are currently 32-3, the second best record in the league.

:STL: , Baseline Seats - The only team I currently have that I actually began and we are in the thick of things.

:CIN: , NL Only - just recently took them over and have them headed in the right direction.

:WAS: , 2 Tha Top - see :CIN: , NL Only.

Dixie Sticks, HR Derby - just started this month, but the team is in contention to win the month.

I think the best qualities I bring to a league are energy and determination (something that was required when taking over most of these teams). I have competed with every team I have ran and always left a team better off than when I found it. The Dodgers in FGM will be somewhat of a nice change as there roster is in good shape requiring no mass overhaul in order to be relevant, however with that being said, there is still plenty of room for improvement. Thanks for the consideration.

~MTK  :toth:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Eric

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 11:57:36 AM »
I have been playing fantasy baseball for about 5 years now, but only has been over the last year that I have started to get into contract leagues and enjoy the reality of them to real baseball.

I am the commissioner of Around the Horn and I help out with the Bush League. I was in FGM once before but my personal life caught up with me and I had to leave :( I also run an multi sport league that is non contracts as well.
Ever since I left I have wanted to get back into the league that started it all.

My goal is to take a team to the championship whether its a solid team like the Dodgers or a rebuild team like the Nationals.I will stand strong by my team whether they are a top team or a rebuild project. Hopefully I can once again be a part of the founding league on ProFSL.

Thanks for the consideration

Eric
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Eric

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »
I will drop my consideration for the Dodgers and send it just towards the Nationals. I would like a chance to rebuild a team and make it my own.

Thanks,

Eric
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
I will drop my consideration for the Dodgers and send it just towards the Nationals. I would like a chance to rebuild a team and make it my own.

Thanks,

Eric
:iatp:

I applaud a GM who is willing to take on a challenge and actually prefers that to being handed a championship caliber club.  Eric is a fine candidate and would be a fantastic addition to the league.  Eric gets my enthusiastic vote for GM of Washington...the sooner he can get to work, the better!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 06:55:53 PM »

I applaud a GM who is willing to take on a challenge and actually prefers that to being handed a championship caliber club.  Eric is a fine candidate and would be a fantastic addition to the league.  Eric gets my enthusiastic vote for GM of Washington...the sooner he can get to work, the better!

In the meantime, my vote for the Dodgers goes to BHows who applied for the Dodgers last time, was a qualified GM, but lost due to our issues with internal transfers (which will now happen much less).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    April 17, 2024, 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    April 17, 2024, 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    April 17, 2024, 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    April 17, 2024, 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    April 17, 2024, 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    April 17, 2024, 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    April 17, 2024, 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    April 17, 2024, 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    April 17, 2024, 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    April 17, 2024, 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    April 17, 2024, 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 11:00:36 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS looking very tough for one team :ANA: 155.05 v 236.25 :NYR: with only today's games left to plan. :judge: [link]
    April 18, 2024, 10:44:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any deals
    April 18, 2024, 06:30:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here early for talks.
    Yesterday at 09:14:02 AM
  • Rob: SlackJack and his Arizona Coyotes are DNHL Champs for the 2nd year in a row.  Congrats!!  [link]
    Yesterday at 09:37:43 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: Congrats to the 2024 FNHL NYR on winning it all!
    Yesterday at 02:23:56 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco: FNHL FINALS OFFICIAL SCORE :ANA: ANH 160.15 v 247.3 :NYR: NYR
    Yesterday at 02:25:02 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: Well done, FNHL's CaliHkyGuy [link] :winner:
    Yesterday at 02:37:42 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talsk'
    Yesterday at 04:11:46 PM
  • STLBlues91: talks**
    Yesterday at 04:11:51 PM
  • Daddy: Ever since the Academy Awards a couple years back, ive been working on my slap technique.
    Yesterday at 10:21:13 PM
  • Daddy: Being a Philadelphia native, Will Smith has set the bar very high for us and its not like you can just slap random folk for practice.
    Yesterday at 10:22:18 PM