Author Topic: NYR- Ottawa Trade  (Read 480 times)

Offline abbyroad

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
NYR- Ottawa Trade
« on: December 06, 2011, 11:41:46 PM »
The NYR's are pleased to announce the following trade with the Ottawa Senators

To: NYR
Mikhail Grabovski
Mike Weber
Brian Boucher
Ott 2nd round pick 2012

To: Ottawa
Nathan Horton

My reasons for making this trade are very simple.......................It makes my team better!!! Beanner REALLY wanted Horton and was willing to pay this to get him on his team. I think the NYR just got a little better

CHEERS Bean!!!! :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BeanTown

Re: NYR- Ottawa Trade
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:04:13 AM »
Not a typical deal for me but i needed a premier right winger and had to pay. i have a surplus of c so grab was expendable. the other 2 guys free up roster space and cap and the 2nd round pick is a small over payment but should be a late pick in the round. all in all i'm happy to get what makes my team better right now. cheers abby always a pleasure
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:07:03 AM »

Mikhail Grabovski
Mike Weber
Brian Boucher
Ott 2nd round pick 2012

Nathan Horton

My reasons for making this trade are very simple.......................It makes my team better!!! Beanner REALLY wanted Horton and was willing to pay this to get him on his team. I think the NYR just got a little better

Sorry abby just want to why you think this makes your team better. Horton is a long term contract in comparsion to Grabby whose contract is up this season. So you would pick up Weber and Boucher and the pick for next season but lose Horton for next season and have to make a decision whether to sign Grabby or not. You have 4 NHL centers right now and 4 RW so this would push you to 5 C and 3 RW. Just want to see your reasoning to why this makes you better? This isn't meant to be disrespectful just want a better explanation.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline Tony

• Legend
  • I like hockey Eh!
    • :BUF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:32:31 AM »
 :iatp: The trade looks good to me. Nice to see the Rangers active and making moves. Grabovski will be a 4m re sign next year which I think is decent plus he pick up as pick. Also adds some cheap fillers to help him with trying to get points for wins and a playoff spot.  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:   2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :CHI-NHL:

2013-14  NHL Invitational Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

Offline abbyroad

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 02:45:51 AM »
Sorry abby just want to why you think this makes your team better. Horton is a long term contract in comparsion to Grabby whose contract is up this season. So you would pick up Weber and Boucher and the pick for next season but lose Horton for next season and have to make a decision whether to sign Grabby or not. You have 4 NHL centers right now and 4 RW so this would push you to 5 C and 3 RW. Just want to see your reasoning to why this makes you better? This isn't meant to be disrespectful just want a better explanation.

No disrespect taken Drew. I think this makes my team better for the simple fact I gain a goalie ( all be it not playing right now I just found out), a d-man and a 2nd round pick. To me Grab and Horton cancel themselves out. Both have the same FTXP's this season.Last year they both were 26th and 28th in their positions. Next year Grab is going to want a raise to the 4million mark........exactly what I would have to pay Horton. I mean I'm gaining 2 players playing...and a draft pick!! That's the reason I think my team will be a better team after I make this trade. One thing that often gets overlooked is one GM's vision over the next.We all don't think alike and this is just a small step down a long road to an eventual cup championship!!! I hope that makes some sense to you and I always look forward to imput and or suggestions
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Gilly

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 5
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:50:14 AM »
Based on your response Abby, I will go from not approving to approving even though i kinda dont like it still a little but if you feel like you have something set for a future goal, trust me when I say, I feel your goal passion, Ive done moves people don't think were good, but eventually in the end it all works out and you become pretty good and able to compete...so anyways, normally I just say I approve and not write long winded stuff...but oh well....I approve of the trade!!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 02:53:19 AM »
No disrespect taken Drew. I think this makes my team better for the simple fact I gain a goalie ( all be it not playing right now I just found out), a d-man and a 2nd round pick. To me Grab and Horton cancel themselves out. Both have the same FTXP's this season.Last year they both were 26th and 28th in their positions. Next year Grab is going to want a raise to the 4million mark........exactly what I would have to pay Horton. I mean I'm gaining 2 players playing...and a draft pick!! That's the reason I think my team will be a better team after I make this trade. One thing that often gets overlooked is one GM's vision over the next.We all don't think alike and this is just a small step down a long road to an eventual cup championship!!! I hope that makes some sense to you and I always look forward to imput and or suggestions
Thanks for the response. I can now  :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline abbyroad

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 03:01:05 AM »
Based on your response Abby, I will go from not approving to approving even though i kinda dont like it still a little but if you feel like you have something set for a future goal, trust me when I say, I feel your goal passion, Ive done moves people don't think were good, but eventually in the end it all works out and you become pretty good and able to compete...so anyways, normally I just say I approve and not write long winded stuff...but oh well....I approve of the trade!!

Much appreciation from me to you Drew. I have to be honest and tell you that I don't know what I'm doing 100% of the time...............but I'm confident this trade takes me in the direction I want to go......Cheers :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline winter

• All-Star
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :MUN:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »
 :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: 2020-21 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

It's a great day for hockey!

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »

Mikhail Grabovski
Mike Weber
Brian Boucher
Ott 2nd round pick 2012

Nathan Horton

:judge:
fantraxed
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Braves155: Who wanna talk deals?
    Yesterday at 10:47:10 AM
  • IndianaBuc: Braves155 PM
    Yesterday at 11:16:47 AM
  • Braves155: Responded
    Yesterday at 11:17:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 12:39:44 PM
  • Braves155: Responded indians
    Yesterday at 12:43:07 PM
  • dbreer23: Cubs are dealing in FGM, hit me up
    Yesterday at 12:59:38 PM
  • Braves155: Looking for an OF in FGM. IN Armchair looking to re-tool/rebuild a bit. Snell and others could be avail
    Yesterday at 01:09:11 PM
  • Braves155: PM Davew
    Yesterday at 01:23:10 PM
  • dbreer23: Brian CLE PM
    Yesterday at 01:49:57 PM
  • Braves155: PM BAB
    Yesterday at 03:29:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers pm trade posted in fgm
    Yesterday at 03:56:17 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves ill send u message soon
    Yesterday at 03:56:32 PM
  • indiansnation: Dbreer23 pm
    Yesterday at 03:58:46 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 04:35:11 PM
  • indiansnation: Watching boston kick the living crap out of cardinals
    Yesterday at 04:53:49 PM
  • Braves155: Great seeing the Knicks get schooled
    Yesterday at 06:37:35 PM
  • Rhino7: I agree, pacers will be a better match vs Celtics
    Yesterday at 07:02:21 PM
  • Braves155: But just like anytime Stephen A. gets hyped for the Knicks, they disappear in big games
    Yesterday at 07:08:00 PM
  • TheGOAT: Celtics would probably win it all
    Yesterday at 07:20:01 PM
  • Braves155: Looking forward to TWolves-Nuggets tonight
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • TheGOAT: Around for trade talks in NFL Live
    Yesterday at 08:07:18 PM
  • Braves155: Likewise
    Yesterday at 08:22:40 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: What you looking for? @Thegoat?
    Yesterday at 11:01:43 PM
  • Rhino7: Down goes the Champs! Nuggs out
    Yesterday at 11:56:44 PM
  • Daddy: That Minnesota NBA LIVE team aint lookin too bad right now. Should be fun!
    Today at 12:00:46 AM
  • Rhino7: Good team except the contracts
    Today at 03:09:09 PM
  • Daddy: Youve seen them? We havent completely structured all that yet. Weve got expansion and other factors that the real Wolves dont face.
    Today at 03:39:40 PM
  • Daddy: My comment on the real Wolves are if they win a chip then there is no such things as bad contracts. The point of all contracts are to win Championships.
    Today at 03:40:57 PM
  • STLBlues91: I will be around the rest of the day to talk deals. Tomorrow I will be around after work but plan on being in some spreadsheets most the day
    Today at 05:04:22 PM
  • Rhino7: No, haven’t seen them except on spotrac
    Today at 05:33:13 PM
  • Daddy: @Rhino7 the rumor is they've got a decent GM in both leagues. Especially NBA LIVE. (Howwwwwwwl)
    Today at 07:13:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Well Vegas is ready to grab one of the players on the roster
    Today at 07:17:34 PM
  • Daddy: Lol, Seattle too Im sure.:rofl:
    Today at 07:43:10 PM
  • Daddy: I will leak this... Each team will be allowed to protect 5 and each team can only lose one player to expansion
    Today at 07:44:21 PM
  • Daddy: 30 teams to draw from = 15 players each
    Today at 07:44:57 PM
  • STLBlues91: Id also imagine trading and all that can happen. Like pick a guy to trade to another team to pick up other assets
    Today at 07:45:25 PM
  • Daddy: You know LIVE rules. Once they are yours you can do whatever you like.
    Today at 07:46:32 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah had to just check. So a deadline to select the keepers. Then a few days for the selection. Me and Seattle alternate picks?
    Today at 07:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: The expansion draft is LIVE alternating picks until both teams have 15 players like the NBA All Star teams get picked.
    Today at 07:48:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: oh Crap
    Today at 07:49:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: this is interesting w my team
    Today at 07:49:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: who to protect outside the obvious
    Today at 07:49:52 PM
  • STLBlues91: Sounds good I didnt know if it would be like the NHL expansion with seattle where they get posted or live broadcasting
    Today at 07:50:02 PM
  • Daddy: The "Expansion draft" will be a LIVE Event & followed by the Entry Draft where Vegas/Seattle also will start off with picks #1 & #2.
    Today at 07:50:06 PM
  • Daddy: We doing BIG Crap with this basketball league. Buckle up!
    Today at 07:50:46 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE is codenamed "The "Matrix" for all the numbers we running. Its currently being built.
    Today at 07:52:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Well I will get my roster breakdown before the live expansion since I am done working for the summer next Wednesday
    Today at 08:01:38 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE will drop first. Hockey guys trade like crazy. Good luck. :)
    Today at 08:12:04 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah working on that spreadsheet and a few fixes on it. May do some slight visual adds and then to NCAA football sheet which I got going as well
    Today at 08:48:21 PM
  • Daddy: :toth: the best moderator team on the planet. Thanks! :toth:
    Today at 09:14:11 PM