Author Topic: Discussion-Rule Book Revision Pt.2  (Read 765 times)

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Discussion-Rule Book Revision Pt.2
« on: September 20, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »
Phase 2 of the Rule Book Revision is open for discussion.
The topics are:
Salary Cap Structure
MLB Effects
Committees
The first two are mainly structural but "Committees" contains a lot of new information. Again, the original rules are in black with any proposed changes in red.
Please feel free to discuss on this thread. Discussion will be open for a minimum of 1 week.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion-Rule Book Revision Pt.2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
First I'd like to say is great job on the rewriting of the rules Rick!  I think we can all agree that updating the rules is needed and I do appreciate the time you are putting in. 

I do have a couple questions pertaining to the rules for trade approval and the trade committee.  My first question is in the new rules under Item VI C-1.0 point 5 it says that a TC member may be replaced if there is a continued measure of inactivity.  Do you think we need to define what constitutes inactivity?  Is it simply commissioner's discretion or should we put a threshold in place?  Maybe something like failure to vote on 3-4 trades in a row comes an activity warning and after that replacement?

My second question has to do with the trade approval/veto process.  As we all know there was a well documented dispute over one of my trades late in the season.  Do you think we need to have a minimum amount of votes built in on a trade?  I don't think one vote should be the deciding factor on somebody's trade.  I do recognize the rule stating simple majority but I do believe there should be a minimum amount of votes in any trade.  Maybe if after 48 hours if the minimum amount of votes are not met the trade stays on the board for another 24 hours and the TC members are contacted to vote?

Again, great job to you and Flash for taking on the thankless job of keeping this league going.  I appreciate all your efforts.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline BHows

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »
As far as I know, the only mention of inactivity is in Item AI B-1.0 "Failure to do so may result in your dismissal if you don't respond to PMs within 2 weeks." I remember a long discussion on the issue and, at one point, Jake actually monitored activity.
I'm not sure activity is the issue though. I'm not so sure that no vote at all isn't a TC member's way of vetoing a trade without the involvement.
As far as the single vote- Item VI C-2.0 Line 6 does say "If the 48 hour time period passes, the trade will be ruled valid if it receives at least two approvals." As I'm sure you know, that was part of an amendment that was passed recently. It is part of the rules as currently written and would need to be amended at a later date. What I am trying to do now is basically reorganizing.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »
Since we are discussing the matter, I would chime in that I believe our Trade Approval Process works as it is written and there is no need for any further amendments.

Going back through league archives, the trade approval process has been a long-standing issue.  In December 2013 to January 2014, a controversy emerged over a trade between the Reds and the White Sox.  There were two things at issue:  length of time on the FGM board without approval and approval of a trade that had three vetoes (two of the vetoes posted had no explanation).

In October of 2014, in a trade between the Phillies and the Rockies, the issue of approval surfaced again.  This time it concerned minimum approvals--the trade received 4 approvals and two vetoes.  The Trade Committee had 7 members and a TC member was involved in the trade, so the trade was disapproved by the Commissioner because it did not receive a minimum of 5 approvals (and not because it received 2 vetoes).  The reasons for a veto were also questioned, with the main objection being that GMs should be able to manage their teams the way they want.

The current Trade Approval Process was adopted in February 2015 by consensus of the Trade Committee.  It has effectively dealt with the issue of timely approval with the use of the 48 hour window.  While setting a five vote approval as goal for the Trade Committee, it has been established that a two vote minimum can be used as a viable approval standard if there is only one veto.  It has also been established that two vetoes constitute an automatic disapproval and required a posting of a rationale for a given veto.  Of course, what constitutes a fair trade, and why a veto is rendered, will continue to be at issue because the perspective of a TC member is a variable that cannot be standardized.   

The disputed trade referenced is one between the Reds and the Phillies.  That misunderstanding
centered on the difference between a disapproval and an invalidation.  Even though a second veto was posted 24 hours after the 48 hour window expired (along with an approval), the trade was not vetoed.  It simply did not get the necessary votes, for or against, in the established time frame and was moved to the Invalid Transactions section.  The trade was left on the board for 60 hours before any action was taken, and it could have been reposted if either GM had so desired.  Although my explanation at the time was dismissed as spin at the time, it nonetheless, points to the implementation and whether the process works.  Without seeking to stir up any old arguments, I would offer that we have established a working model for other leagues to follow, and after using it this past season, we have demonstrated that it works.

In regards to activity, there are a variety of times when I send PM's to the Trade Committee members when there is a trade on the board.  There have been other times when participating GMs send a similar PM to all Trade Committee members to garner the necessary votes. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline BHows

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »
I have tried to make trades as visible as I can and have also contacted TC members regarding trades on the board.
As far as I'm concerned I feel that it's totally legitimate for GMs to contact TC members personally about trades they have pending.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: I am the biggest nerd when it comes to milb prospects their is like another 100 prospects in mlb i could add right know in heartbeat. My luttle time im off from work I spend hours looking at specs.
    Yesterday at 12:23:33 AM
  • indiansnation: If u look at everybody in mlb live prospect wise is killing it in minors. Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live and then start working on nfl live and and nhl live.
    Yesterday at 12:25:51 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: niners could still be interested in adding players. believ i have  abt 4 picks in 2025 that i can maybe use in trade depending on deal
    Yesterday at 12:30:57 AM
  • dbreer23: "Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live" - I'll believe that when...well, never!
    Yesterday at 01:02:58 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: lmaoo way to contradict brian
    Yesterday at 01:10:09 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed
    Yesterday at 01:10:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had room in my farm so i figured i fill it some
    Yesterday at 01:10:20 AM
  • Daddy: I dont mind activity. Especially with purpose. Brian needs hockey to start.
    Yesterday at 01:11:26 AM
  • Daddy: Its been so long since ive done a hockey league and ive fallen behind a bit in the sport because of that. This year hockey is back in my life for good.
    Yesterday at 01:12:42 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian we have a 60 player minor league limit. All of our guys on each team should be killing it in the minors. Sign guys you believe in. Then let them develop.
    Yesterday at 01:21:47 AM
  • Daddy: Everytime a guy is hitting .400 at Corpus Christi that doesn't make him Ted Williams.
    Yesterday at 01:26:13 AM
  • Daddy: None of these dudes are gonna help you avoid datazzwhupin im putting on you this week. Reap the whirlwind Brian. Reap it.
    Yesterday at 01:29:07 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: is this reference to guys i added?
    Yesterday at 01:29:55 AM
  • Daddy: You sir... No. Football is our battle ground. Im talking about Mr. 189 minor league nerd that TEXTED me he was gon whoop me this week.
    Yesterday at 01:34:21 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: hahahah ok
    Yesterday at 01:35:38 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy is going down by guardians in mlb live.
    Yesterday at 01:40:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey colts in nfl live looking to move qb russel Wilson looking for draft picks in return.
    Yesterday at 01:43:08 PM
  • Daddy: That is a great trade in MLB. Most trades are great but few are star worthy. Congratulations to both GMs!
    Yesterday at 04:19:40 PM
  • Daddy: Isaac Coffey will be a FA again in 72 hours.
    Yesterday at 04:21:55 PM
  • OUDAN: CCD guys lets deal!!!!
    Yesterday at 04:44:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: prolly will be yes daddy
    Yesterday at 04:55:56 PM
  • Daddy: As long as both owners are happy @BAB and they both seem very happy.
    Yesterday at 05:41:23 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah i hear ya
    Yesterday at 06:02:44 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: has CCD been active
    Yesterday at 06:07:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: havent really checked that one much
    Yesterday at 06:07:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: been focused on LIVE
    Yesterday at 06:07:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for trade talks in any league
    Yesterday at 07:19:35 PM
  • Brent: CCD is very active on the Discord Channel.
    Yesterday at 07:55:50 PM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Yesterday at 07:57:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: evening
    Yesterday at 08:03:53 PM
  • Braves155: Will be on for a portion of the evening
    Yesterday at 08:10:39 PM
  • Braves155: Been starting to get into these older games that originally ran off DOSBOX for those who know what I'm talking about. The idea is you build your team with a salary of XXX and then every 2-3 seasons you have decisions to make. Field a 26 man roster, control your own pitching rotation, pen, lineup & bench like the true MLB. Draft every season where there's a lot of turnover. Interesting for sure.
    Yesterday at 08:15:28 PM
  • Braves155: PM Jwalk (Jets)
    Yesterday at 08:30:58 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: idsjayhawk replied
    Yesterday at 08:34:31 PM
  • Braves155: PM Professor Dan
    Yesterday at 09:19:27 PM
  • Daddy: Let that Man go on vacation. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 09:27:13 PM
  • Daddy: He had earned this getaway. His computer has earned it.
    Yesterday at 09:28:07 PM
  • Braves155: NEVER!!
    Yesterday at 09:28:29 PM
  • Braves155: You mean 'getaway' from 100 prospect posts/week from our Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:29:17 PM
  • Braves155: Any LIVE deal talks? Hmu
    Yesterday at 09:38:00 PM
  • Daddy: He ain't the only one brotha :)
    Yesterday at 09:40:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer deserves at least a hanfulof beers and margs
    Yesterday at 09:45:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: we put him through the ringer w the activity
    Yesterday at 09:45:54 PM
  • Rhino7: CCD has had a lot of trades lately
    Yesterday at 09:54:49 PM
  • Daddy: That's awesome!
    Yesterday at 10:06:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I've returned to fgm
    Today at 01:44:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Took over the team available
    Today at 01:44:26 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations @BAB. FGM is well managed.
    Today at 02:28:01 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes I'm aware I had too much going on when I left after 2022 season. I'm back now for my second stint
    Today at 02:50:11 AM
  • ldsjayhawk: Excited to have you
    Today at 01:00:06 PM