* Franchise NHL

Author Topic: FNHL History - Stories  (Read 1437 times)

Offline King Boseman

• Rookie
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Re: FNHL History - Stories
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 02:49:05 PM »
I had some lore with Anton Forsberg too! I bought him out because I thought 3.3m was too much money. He ended up starting a few games to end the season and then I believe he went to Chicago. He ended up going for something crazy like 14m per in the offseason. Sharks won him. Owner sold Sharks and bought Wild. Wild traded for that albatross. Wild dropped him in the middle of the supplemental draft, when they weren't even up to draft, and I took him. Wild GM is still paying 5.2m for the next 2 yrs while he is hanging out in my minors. Worst contract ever handed out in this league and its probably not close.

I started with the Blues here and one of my favorite picks I made with them was D Esa Lindell in the 4th round. I had no idea he would be anything, but I did make a trade with Ripper for him to come to Edmonton. I even made that trade before he ever made it to the league. Pretty good return on investment on this player. That is why drafting is fun, because you never know where you will find the next contributor to your franchise.

BB is also a longtime GM here.

I took a trip back in time and looked up the Anton Forsberg free agent bidding. WOW. 66million bid!!!!

Then seems the new Sharks owner unloaded the Forsberg contract back to the same guy who bid up Forsberg.
http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=326687.msg1330225#msg1330225

But to trade for a $13.2m cap hit only to drop him a few months later. WOW again.

It's true Forsberg looked like he would get a chance to start but he wasn't a lock by any stretch.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline King Boseman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2020, 03:13:06 PM »
My story isn't directly about FNHL but about my BY experience. Still involves FNHL indirectly.

I think I was in BY for all of a week or 2 when I first joined Profsl. I didn't reply to a PM for 5-7 days and got kicked out by Drew for not being active enough for his precious BY. You could tell the guy had too much time and no family, definitely no kids or a house. All I could do was laugh. My guess is the guy actually created spawn now and understand he was premature with his decision. From what I hear he disappears for stretches now. Karma. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds a little extreme to be shown the door after just joining a league. I've been in leagues where GMs fight and argue constantly about stuff like rules that are written and spelled out for all. Then you realize it's some 20 something who thinks raging on others is the way to make a point.

A personal pet peeve is GMs who complain about reply times to emai/PM/trade offers, then they take way longer if you ever happen to send them communication/trade offer. Weird entitlement thing I guess.

Stuff like that takes away from the enjoyment of fantasy. I stopped a few years ago and stepped back from several long time leagues where people were getting petty and telling each other how they were offended by this and that and challenging things left and right. The worst is when people start bringing their personal lives into fantasy sports. Pay for therapy like the rest of the adult population. Oblivious to the fact maybe my real world stuff is way more complex than theirs and involves dollar amts that are not on the same level as theirs (happens when you're in leagues with 20 somethings or early 30 somethings) and to just park their personal issues at the login screen.

My pledge to any league I join is expect to see me go for the title immediately. Expect me to respect your messages if you show respect for mine. Expect trade offers from my team, but if you need days and weeks to think it over, that's fine just don't expect me to wait around with the same offer from last month. Expect me to have an opinion (respectful) and don't expect a push over because that makes for a weak and easy league. If you disrespect my fantasy team with lopsided trade offers, expect me to return the favour. I do not bring my personal life, religion nor politics to a league and I don't want to hold hands in side-by-side bathroom stalls.  :toast:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline AntMan

• Veteran
    • :STL-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 09:49:03 PM »
My story isn't directly about FNHL but about my BY experience. Still involves FNHL indirectly.

I think I was in BY for all of a week or 2 when I first joined Profsl. I didn't reply to a PM for 5-7 days and got kicked out by Drew for not being active enough for his precious BY. You could tell the guy had too much time and no family, definitely no kids or a house. All I could do was laugh. My guess is the guy actually created spawn now and understand he was premature with his decision. From what I hear he disappears for stretches now. Karma. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

How does this indirectly involve FNHL?

Well, all I can say is after that regrettable encounter with Drew, I appreciate how professional and mature PR & PPG are in this league. People seem to get it here. Play hard but relax and don't let stuff wind you up.

Then seeing how Drew used commish privileges to retroactively adjust his lineup numerous times to win matchups just made a lot of us question those FNHL champions. It did for me. Maybe that huge Anton Forsberg BO cap hit is bad karma slapping the face of that Minnesota Wild franchise.

That’s some laundry
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jonathan

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 103
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :CAR-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »
I took a trip back in time and looked up the Anton Forsberg free agent bidding. WOW. 66million bid!!!!

Then seems the new Sharks owner unloaded the Forsberg contract back to the same guy who bid up Forsberg.
http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=326687.msg1330225#msg1330225

But to trade for a $13.2m cap hit only to drop him a few months later. WOW again.

It's true Forsberg looked like he would get a chance to start but he wasn't a lock by any stretch.

He was good until they realized he couldn't stop a beach ball. He is getting a proper pay from me, NOTHING. LOL
Any G with a pulse if worth stashing here.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline blkhwkfn

• MVP
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Wisconsin:
    • :CHE:
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2020, 03:09:04 AM »
He was good until they realized he couldn't stop a beach ball. He is getting a proper pay from me, NOTHING. LOL
Any G with a pulse if worth stashing here.
I will just add that the Wild ownership at the time.......was wild
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Can't we all just get along?
Rodney King

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT TONIGHT ROUND ONE IN PRIME TIME.
    April 24, 2024, 12:07:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: your a day early Daddy
    April 24, 2024, 12:51:58 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: ist tomorrow
    April 24, 2024, 12:52:07 PM
  • Daddy: :doh: FML
    April 24, 2024, 01:05:48 PM
  • indiansnation: Good evening all
    April 24, 2024, 04:45:28 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Trey hendrickson and tee higgins both request trades day before the draft. Tomorrow will bring fireworks
    April 24, 2024, 07:50:56 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Thurs kickoff starts at 1pm nfl network
    April 24, 2024, 08:32:25 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    April 24, 2024, 08:40:50 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: This mock draft on espn is interesting tonight.
    April 24, 2024, 09:37:27 PM
  • Alpha5: Why does Hendrickson want out?
    April 24, 2024, 11:20:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Money alpha
    April 24, 2024, 11:37:29 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: He and like Higgins wants to get paid and have a better secure contract
    April 24, 2024, 11:37:49 PM
  • Braves155: I'm sure the Falcons will botch another Draft.
    Yesterday at 08:07:49 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Agreed
    Yesterday at 09:59:57 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ITS DRAFT DAYYYY
    Yesterday at 12:00:23 PM
  • Rob: Welcome to New England, Drake Maye
    Yesterday at 01:45:48 PM
  • Rob: Hopefully you're not what I think you are
    Yesterday at 01:46:33 PM
  • Rob: Which is, Zach Wilson.
    Yesterday at 01:46:38 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 01:54:14 PM
  • Renegade: So what’s happening
    Yesterday at 03:54:16 PM
  • Renegade: My 1st time playing college football fantasy
    Yesterday at 03:56:40 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Rob ive seen that take a few times. “Drake Maye=Zach Wilson”. Thats not how i see it. The Physical tools and demeanor alone are very different between the two. I like maye alot
    Yesterday at 03:58:58 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Are you a patriots fan @rob ?
    Yesterday at 03:59:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Jwalkejr88 pm
    Yesterday at 04:01:47 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: jwalkerjr88 replied back
    Yesterday at 04:18:37 PM
  • indiansnation: Good evening all which league we talking trade.
    Yesterday at 04:47:08 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: im nfl
    Yesterday at 04:47:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Understood BAB
    Yesterday at 05:00:25 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Always NFL Brian
    Yesterday at 05:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    Yesterday at 05:06:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Can't wait to see the madness
    Yesterday at 05:10:27 PM
  • Daddy: God im sooooooo busy today. Im trying to get errands and profsl done before the draft :doh:
    Yesterday at 06:05:24 PM
  • Daddy: There is no way but im gonna keep at it.
    Yesterday at 06:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: as long as u r here for draft
    Yesterday at 06:08:49 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Go pack go
    Yesterday at 07:26:45 PM
  • Daddy: I thought i had converted you to a Ram fan by now @janes (insert eye emoji)
    Yesterday at 07:35:47 PM
  • Braves155: Sup guys
    Yesterday at 07:35:57 PM
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT second only to the NFL LIVE Draft in entertainment!
    Yesterday at 08:52:12 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM Change your NFL LIVE teams future with these guys right here!
    Yesterday at 08:52:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Plan on it.
    Yesterday at 09:25:23 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Interesting developments so far. If you need a QB in NFL Live. Plenty of them have 1st round pedigree
    Yesterday at 10:53:26 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Draft Room [link] current picks, 2024 preview & history.
    Yesterday at 11:06:17 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, what are your thoughts on the NFL Draft thus far?
    Yesterday at 11:34:39 PM
  • Braves155: Or anyone, what ya think?
    Yesterday at 11:35:07 PM
  • dbreer23: Vegeta100 PM
    Yesterday at 11:40:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of surprised tonight as expected. Offensive heavy. 6 QBs in the 1st. 7 WRs. Fun night
    Today at 12:52:03 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of NFL Live implications. Cant wait to see it unfold. On to night 2
    Today at 12:52:28 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i wish we took cooper Frick
    Today at 01:05:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we coulda waited on pearsall
    Today at 01:05:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: as much as i do like him a bit cuz he was dceent at ASU and solid at UF
    Today at 01:05:26 AM