Dynasty NHL

Author Topic: Playoff Rankings!!  (Read 378 times)

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Playoff Rankings!!
« on: March 25, 2013, 12:57:48 PM »
Start off by saying the bottom half of that playoff bracket is a meat grinder. 

1.  Detroit Red Wings (12-7), previous 3 -  Their hybrid team of young and old, and plentiful goalie starts have carried them to the top team in these here rankings.  They had the most points last week, so they are peaking at just the right time.  The only thing that stands in front of them and total victory is operator error and perhaps some treachery.  I've tried to login to his fantrax using all of my favorite passwords, Lemieux66, DetroitSuckCity, PhiladelphiaIsWorseThanA#$&*##*%^*#()#*!$!^##%^, but none of them worked.  Your roster is safe.... for now.

2. St. Louis Blues (15-4), previous 1 -  They had a bit of a sour patch, and by that I mean they actually ended up losing a few games.  The team with the best record, 2nd most points, easiest schedule, a beautiful head of hair, and doing it all without Jason Spezza.  Rest up Blues because in a weeks time you'll be playing me and I don't think you can handle the level of embarrassment you are going put me through.

3. Colorado Avalanche (14-5), previous 4 - Kovalchuk got hurt and is disappearing just when Snugerud needs him the most.  So, you know Kovalchuk is doing what he does every spring.  He must've seen his shadow, which predicts an early exit.  Luckily out with Kovalchuk and in with Malkin who is nearing return from a shoulder injury.  These Avs have played well enough to earn a 1st round bye which will give Malkin enough time to recover, come back, and dominate everyone's face. 

4. Boston Bruins (14-5), previous 6 - They made some bold trades to get some players to bring them the cup this year.  Will it pay off?  The trades coupled with one of the most forgiving schedules has brought them this far and Rob is hoping his shiny new goal scorer, Sedin, can push them over the top.   He is probably also hoping Perry doesn't lose control of his mind and get suspended for another week, everyone Perry plays also hopes that. 

5.  Carolina Hurricanes (12-7), previous 2  -  In a toilet bowl swirl to the bottom my team is struggling bad.  The Canes, normally not in contention have started to mix their summer activities, golf, with hockey.  Unfortunately scoring the least is only good for one of those sports and not the one that helps me win.  I traded for a goalie who apparently heals at the same rate as those kids that needed Rasputin as a doctor.  At this point it is looking like eating poisoned cake, wine, being shot, beaten and drowned is a better outcome than what my team has a chance at this playoff season.

6.  Anaheim Ducks (12-7), previous 5 - quack, quack, Quack, QUack, QUAck, QUACk, QUACK!!.  The Estevez is strong with this group.  He has Bernier who is stealing starts from Quick, Emery who hasn't lost all year and Vokoun who is playing on the hottest team in the NHL.  He is going to be a formidable matchup in the playoffs with all those extra goalies.  In a deft trade he also picked up Loui Eriksson who must've been embarrassed into playing better after Jagr and Whitney were showing him up on a nightly basis. 

7.  Chicago Blackhawks (14-5), previous 7 - What is going to make or break the Hawks playoff run is if Marian Hossa can stay healthy or not.  With him the Hawks are tough to beat because he gets all the other Hawks players points, without they are that much less dynamic and easier to defend.  You know, defend, like what I am doing as this league's champion. 

8. Toronto Maple Leafs (9-10), previous 9 - Snuck in after the Oilers fell on their sword.  This team is the very embodiment of hot and cold.  One week the worst the next week the most points scored. It will be ugly good or bad for the Leafs when they play.  My guess is they stay hot after the real life Leafs get something at the trade deadline and then watch out as Lupul pumps goals in your net and shoulders into your head. 

9.  Philadelphia Flyers (10-9), previous 10 - The little engine that could.  They were assaulted with fantasy points by opposing teams last year.  This year they got a fair shake and made the playoffs.  Their goalie tandem of Bryz and Miller makes them consistent, but they are going to need Hartnell to wash off the funk he is in to be a real challanger.  Sadly, judging by his appearance Hartnell hasn't washed in months.  He looks like an afghan someone uses instead of a plate to eat fried chicken, just a sweaty, greasy, untangled mess of fabric. 

10.  Los Angeles Kings (11-8), previous unranked - Still my dark horse team.  They have 3 starting goalies with Hiller taking back the starting job from that turncoat Fasth.  If Jamie Benn picks his play up I wouldn't want to be playing them.  Price is too afraid to lose and face the harsh french canadian words of Iron Mike Therrien, a man so severe in teaching lessons his own children sent themselves away to boarding school. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Playoff Rankings!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »
I am hoping Kovalchuk has some type of mutant power that he heals like wolverine. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
Re: Playoff Rankings!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »
Sadly, judging by his appearance Hartnell hasn't washed in months.  He looks like an afghan someone uses instead of a plate to eat fried chicken, just a sweaty, greasy, untangled mess of fabric. 

:rofl:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Mt_Crushmore: im nfl
    April 25, 2024, 04:47:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Understood BAB
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:25 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Always NFL Brian
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    April 25, 2024, 05:06:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Can't wait to see the madness
    April 25, 2024, 05:10:27 PM
  • Daddy: God im sooooooo busy today. Im trying to get errands and profsl done before the draft :doh:
    April 25, 2024, 06:05:24 PM
  • Daddy: There is no way but im gonna keep at it.
    April 25, 2024, 06:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: as long as u r here for draft
    April 25, 2024, 06:08:49 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Go pack go
    April 25, 2024, 07:26:45 PM
  • Daddy: I thought i had converted you to a Ram fan by now @janes (insert eye emoji)
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:47 PM
  • Braves155: Sup guys
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:57 PM
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT second only to the NFL LIVE Draft in entertainment!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:12 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM Change your NFL LIVE teams future with these guys right here!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Plan on it.
    April 25, 2024, 09:25:23 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Interesting developments so far. If you need a QB in NFL Live. Plenty of them have 1st round pedigree
    April 25, 2024, 10:53:26 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Draft Room [link] current picks, 2024 preview & history.
    April 25, 2024, 11:06:17 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, what are your thoughts on the NFL Draft thus far?
    April 25, 2024, 11:34:39 PM
  • Braves155: Or anyone, what ya think?
    April 25, 2024, 11:35:07 PM
  • dbreer23: Vegeta100 PM
    April 25, 2024, 11:40:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of surprised tonight as expected. Offensive heavy. 6 QBs in the 1st. 7 WRs. Fun night
    Yesterday at 12:52:03 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of NFL Live implications. Cant wait to see it unfold. On to night 2
    Yesterday at 12:52:28 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i wish we took cooper Frick
    Yesterday at 01:05:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we coulda waited on pearsall
    Yesterday at 01:05:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: as much as i do like him a bit cuz he was dceent at ASU and solid at UF
    Yesterday at 01:05:26 AM
  • Daddy: Who is cooper Frick? What position he play
    Yesterday at 02:57:55 AM
  • Brent: BAB, yeah, Cooper is a beast.
    Yesterday at 07:21:11 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy I was just expressing my displeasure that we passed on cooper dejean. I strongly felt cb was a bigger need or ol than wr
    Yesterday at 10:28:14 AM
  • Daddy: I get it
    Yesterday at 10:39:43 AM
  • Daddy: I dont understand everything i saw last night. The biggest winner to me was Gardner Minshew
    Yesterday at 10:40:41 AM
  • Daddy: Raiders, Atlanta both should have traded back if they were gonna do what they did. IMO
    Yesterday at 10:41:23 AM
  • Daddy: Atlanta could have fleeced Minny and let them draft JJ #6 then still get Penix before Denver/LV
    Yesterday at 10:42:24 AM
  • Daddy: Its like Brian is running the Raiders.
    Yesterday at 10:43:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ya know what speaking of gardener I did trade for him this off-season
    Yesterday at 10:46:49 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I honestly wouldn't have minded pearsall but I saw him as a Rd 2 target not Rd 1. Great to see another former alumni join the niners.
    Yesterday at 10:48:21 AM
  • Daddy: 49ers made a smart pick IMO.
    Yesterday at 02:25:27 PM
  • Daddy: Their WRs need contracts and Deebo has been used a lot for a guy his size already.
    Yesterday at 02:26:18 PM
  • Daddy: They cant and wont keep them all beyond this year.
    Yesterday at 02:27:17 PM
  • Daddy: Plenty of Defense left. Only 9 guys on D got drafted last night. NONE of them will be 1st rd picks in LIVE. In fact i dont think a D player gets drafted at all in LIVE till round 3.
    Yesterday at 02:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: If you want a S or CB @BAB your Niners will get one.
    Yesterday at 02:30:45 PM
  • Daddy: If anyone questions the potency or quality of Colorado marijuana, i got two words for you. Bo Nix
    Yesterday at 02:32:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lets see what we do today
    Yesterday at 06:15:44 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of great players remaining on the board
    Yesterday at 06:48:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Prospects rather
    Yesterday at 06:48:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Per my own eval at least
    Yesterday at 06:48:25 PM
  • Daddy: There are still +220 picks to be made. So. Yeah.
    Yesterday at 07:35:23 PM
  • Daddy: If you got ANY extra loot laying around. Pick #33 will definitely be a WR. Probably got to wager $5 to win $1 by now but the line was -400 last i looked.
    Yesterday at 07:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: #33 + WR = $$$
    Yesterday at 07:37:36 PM
  • Daddy: My guess Keon Coleman. I put it out there. Now im going to drink my crown and smoke a cigar. Rounds 2 & 3 begins in 10 minutes.
    Yesterday at 07:49:11 PM
  • Daddy: Damn im good
    Yesterday at 08:18:55 PM
  • Daddy: Only 12 offensive players were drafted in Round 2. All of them 1st rd NFL LIVE picks.
    Yesterday at 10:31:11 PM