Dynasty NHL

Author Topic: POWER RANKINGS 12/5/2011  (Read 545 times)

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
POWER RANKINGS 12/5/2011
« on: December 05, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
It has happened.... A new number 1! 

1. $Boston Bruins$ (6-2) previous 3 - All it took to bring the Bruins to first place was a historic month of averaging more than 4 goals a game and letting in under 2, also never losing in regulation.  They can keep up a pace like that right?  I will answer that, No.

2. $Hurricanes$ (5-3) still number 2 - Always the bridesmaid never the bride, second again.  You all just wait until Cam Ward stars in a documentary based on his recent life called "The Hangover; 2 months of mediocrity, The Cam Ward Story"  (they will clearly be sued based on naming rights). 

3. $Blackhawks (7-1) previously 1 - It has happened all those animal sacrifices I've been performing with my grandma have brought down the unbringdownable.  Only in this power rankings can you continue to win, have the best record and then be demoted to the 3rd best team.  I'm sure gocubsgo7 will use some kind of excuse like "all my goalies are injured or don't start anymore".  And I'd say, that is a pretty good excuse.

4. Oilers (4-4) previously 7 - I just read some article comparing the Oilers to the Penguins of a few years ago.  I'd say the big difference is the Penguins had a goalie worth talking positively about.  The only thing Khabibulin is going to win at his age is a drinking contest, and then proceed to get caught driving home after his victory to win something else, a DUI.  Luckily these fantasy Oilers have Pekka Rinne, well played sir, well played.

5. Red Wings (3-5) previously 4 - These fantasy Red Wings are going to start winning some games when they aren't playing the cream of the crop teams.  Until then keep your head up high and eyes forward.  If you do that you probably won't see Zetterberg crying on the floor of a cold shower pleading with the hockey gods to let him score a goal. 5 goals on 89 shots for a .05 shooting percentage will do that to any man. 

6. $Blues$ (5-3) previously 5 - He's back! David Perron, 1 game, 1 goal, on pace for like 60 goals now.  Hopefully his teammates learned their lesson and have stopped their post game ritual of pillow fights, or at least limit it to body shots only and no freezing them beforehand.

7. $Avalanche$ (5-3) previously 8 - Traded Chris Stewart to bring in Evgeni Malkin.  I feel like getting Malkin was a massive win, and I hate/respect you for it.  Just think of Camalleri starts to play like he has a pair this team could be as good as the Bruins.  Luckily for the rest of us Camalleri hasn't played like that since 3D movies still sounded awesome, i.e. 3 years ago.

8. $Ducks$ (6-2) previously 6 - Besides Eric Staal, Dubinsky has to be up there in biggest disappointments.  Rangers bring in a pass happy all-star center and Dubinsky responds with a wildly underwhelming 1 goal in 23 games.  Take that pride!

9. Flyers (2-6) previously 9 - This team has just been butchered by a buzz saw every single week.  They are currently getting the most fantasy points scored against them and not even by a little amount.  1360 against them and the next most points against is 1216 by the Red Wings.  May the tradition continue where the Flyers are besieged by potent fantasy clubs every week until we drive them into a mental breakdown.  The same breakdown Papps is going to have if Bryzgalov doesn't up his save % from .900, ouch.

10. Leafs (4-4) previously 11 - Leafs could be one of the top teams if they had 2 starting goalies.  In that vein I will trade Ondrej Pavelec, straight up, for Phil Kessel.  Eh? (small print of trade *any response by jmtrops is a binding agreement*)

11. Kings (4-4) previously 10 - If he was in  the political world Jonas Hiller would've commited political suicide by completely blaming his defense for him giving up 4 goals or more in half of the games this year.  The battle cry of Kaner! is becoming one of the few bright spots.  That and Quick is putting up identical numbers to Thomas' Vezina season last year.

12. Capitals (3-5) previously 14 - A brand spanking new coach and the same old stale game for the Capitals.  Ovechkin once considered the best player in the world isn't even the best player on his team anymore.  Nick Backstrom in the house wearing the man pants!

13. $Canucks$ (5-3) previously 18 - I didn't know Cory Schneider was a ginger and then I realized the Canucks are cursed.  Luongo is never going to win them a Stanley Cup, you know because he folds like fresh laundry under pressure, and does anyone else remember a ginger goalie hoisting the cup?  I don't even remember a ginger goalie....

14. $Stars$ (5-3) previously 15 - Tomas Kaberle might be the softest least physical hockey player since... any hockey player that just got knocked out and is falling to the ice.  A power play expert is currently captaining that Hurricanes power play to 28th in the league.  Solid. 

15. Sharks (4-4) previously 12 - Guillaume Latendresse life is Groundhog Day.  Another season of hockey another lingering, probably, season ruining injury.  And yet the Sharks plod along on the shoulders of young Derek Stepan.  10 years younger than Brad Richards, 7 million dollars cheaper, and only 7 points behind him.  Nice scouting Shelby.

16. Penguins (3-5) previously 17 - Crosby is back and this team starts its march to post season glory.  If I were a woman I'd kiss him right on the mouth.  Hell, If I were a little bit buzzed I'd kiss him right on the mouth.  God Bless America was actually written about Sidney Crosby.  Not the words so much, but the emotions.

17. Canadiens (3-5) previously 16 - It has got to be easy to be a sports writer in Montreal.  You just pull out the same story you've written about every year for the last 3 years "Andrei Markov will be missing time due to knee surgery".  Then sit back and sip on some hot cocoa while enjoying free health insurance.

18. Sabres (3-5) previously 13 - What wears blue and gold and is black and blue all over? Ryan Miller.  You can say what you want about the Lucic hit, but Miller got annihilated by Tootoo, on purpose.  If he doesn't get 5 plus games then they might as well just put goalies in a room with hungry dogs between periods to get them ready for the hurt of playing in the game. 

19. Lightning(2-6) previously 19 - How many stanley cups do you think Kiprusoff would have if he played with the Red Wings in the mid 2000's instead of Osgood?  Instead he has been the only reason the Flames are mediocre for the last 5 years.  Also where did Eric Nystrom come from?  He is going to have more goals in half of this season then the last 4 years combined.

20. Flames (1-7) previously 20 - At least Gilly knows when to tear down a dilapidated team and build it anew.  Your long journey starts one small victory at a time.... no matter how small or whatever that victory might be. 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:20:35 PM by GypsieDeathBringer »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
Re: POWER RANKINGS 12/5/2011
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
I'll cut the whole world in half for the #1 headband!   :bacon:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BeanTown

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Beauty as always!  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »
"all my goalies are injured or don't start anymore".
:iatp: even my backup is injured now.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Mt_Crushmore: im nfl
    April 25, 2024, 04:47:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Understood BAB
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:25 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Always NFL Brian
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    April 25, 2024, 05:06:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Can't wait to see the madness
    April 25, 2024, 05:10:27 PM
  • Daddy: God im sooooooo busy today. Im trying to get errands and profsl done before the draft :doh:
    April 25, 2024, 06:05:24 PM
  • Daddy: There is no way but im gonna keep at it.
    April 25, 2024, 06:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: as long as u r here for draft
    April 25, 2024, 06:08:49 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Go pack go
    April 25, 2024, 07:26:45 PM
  • Daddy: I thought i had converted you to a Ram fan by now @janes (insert eye emoji)
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:47 PM
  • Braves155: Sup guys
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:57 PM
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT second only to the NFL LIVE Draft in entertainment!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:12 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM Change your NFL LIVE teams future with these guys right here!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Plan on it.
    April 25, 2024, 09:25:23 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Interesting developments so far. If you need a QB in NFL Live. Plenty of them have 1st round pedigree
    April 25, 2024, 10:53:26 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Draft Room [link] current picks, 2024 preview & history.
    April 25, 2024, 11:06:17 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, what are your thoughts on the NFL Draft thus far?
    April 25, 2024, 11:34:39 PM
  • Braves155: Or anyone, what ya think?
    April 25, 2024, 11:35:07 PM
  • dbreer23: Vegeta100 PM
    April 25, 2024, 11:40:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of surprised tonight as expected. Offensive heavy. 6 QBs in the 1st. 7 WRs. Fun night
    Yesterday at 12:52:03 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of NFL Live implications. Cant wait to see it unfold. On to night 2
    Yesterday at 12:52:28 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i wish we took cooper Frick
    Yesterday at 01:05:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we coulda waited on pearsall
    Yesterday at 01:05:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: as much as i do like him a bit cuz he was dceent at ASU and solid at UF
    Yesterday at 01:05:26 AM
  • Daddy: Who is cooper Frick? What position he play
    Yesterday at 02:57:55 AM
  • Brent: BAB, yeah, Cooper is a beast.
    Yesterday at 07:21:11 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy I was just expressing my displeasure that we passed on cooper dejean. I strongly felt cb was a bigger need or ol than wr
    Yesterday at 10:28:14 AM
  • Daddy: I get it
    Yesterday at 10:39:43 AM
  • Daddy: I dont understand everything i saw last night. The biggest winner to me was Gardner Minshew
    Yesterday at 10:40:41 AM
  • Daddy: Raiders, Atlanta both should have traded back if they were gonna do what they did. IMO
    Yesterday at 10:41:23 AM
  • Daddy: Atlanta could have fleeced Minny and let them draft JJ #6 then still get Penix before Denver/LV
    Yesterday at 10:42:24 AM
  • Daddy: Its like Brian is running the Raiders.
    Yesterday at 10:43:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ya know what speaking of gardener I did trade for him this off-season
    Yesterday at 10:46:49 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I honestly wouldn't have minded pearsall but I saw him as a Rd 2 target not Rd 1. Great to see another former alumni join the niners.
    Yesterday at 10:48:21 AM
  • Daddy: 49ers made a smart pick IMO.
    Yesterday at 02:25:27 PM
  • Daddy: Their WRs need contracts and Deebo has been used a lot for a guy his size already.
    Yesterday at 02:26:18 PM
  • Daddy: They cant and wont keep them all beyond this year.
    Yesterday at 02:27:17 PM
  • Daddy: Plenty of Defense left. Only 9 guys on D got drafted last night. NONE of them will be 1st rd picks in LIVE. In fact i dont think a D player gets drafted at all in LIVE till round 3.
    Yesterday at 02:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: If you want a S or CB @BAB your Niners will get one.
    Yesterday at 02:30:45 PM
  • Daddy: If anyone questions the potency or quality of Colorado marijuana, i got two words for you. Bo Nix
    Yesterday at 02:32:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lets see what we do today
    Yesterday at 06:15:44 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of great players remaining on the board
    Yesterday at 06:48:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Prospects rather
    Yesterday at 06:48:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Per my own eval at least
    Yesterday at 06:48:25 PM
  • Daddy: There are still +220 picks to be made. So. Yeah.
    Yesterday at 07:35:23 PM
  • Daddy: If you got ANY extra loot laying around. Pick #33 will definitely be a WR. Probably got to wager $5 to win $1 by now but the line was -400 last i looked.
    Yesterday at 07:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: #33 + WR = $$$
    Yesterday at 07:37:36 PM
  • Daddy: My guess Keon Coleman. I put it out there. Now im going to drink my crown and smoke a cigar. Rounds 2 & 3 begins in 10 minutes.
    Yesterday at 07:49:11 PM
  • Daddy: Damn im good
    Yesterday at 08:18:55 PM
  • Daddy: Only 12 offensive players were drafted in Round 2. All of them 1st rd NFL LIVE picks.
    Yesterday at 10:31:11 PM