Author Topic: ProFSL Roster Update  (Read 789 times)

Offline andyscott23

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CAR:
    • :NY:
    • :CAR-NHL:
    • :NorthCarolina:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
ProFSL Roster Update
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:42:14 AM »
Need ProfSL roster update. Have people offering trades for players I traded more than a month ago
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NFL Countdown :BAL-NFL:

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Re: ProFSL Roster Update
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »
Need ProfSL roster update. Have people offering trades for players I traded more than a month ago

Trust me, I am all too aware of the problem.
The issue is there can only be one copy of the master spreadsheet. It has roster, financial, standings and draft information. Contained within is a complicated formula for the variable yearly CAP used here at FGM. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make the adjustments to roll the financial statements into 2015.
I'm currently working with 3 members to get this done so we can move forward. Your patients is very much appreciated.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

joeshmoe

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »

You as a GM can track your own team. I use spreadsheets and don't rely on the work of the league.  Also, Rick has officially been on the job for less than one day. We should be a little more forgiving while he gets the ducks in a row. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »
You as a GM can track your own team. I use spreadsheets and don't rely on the work of the league.  Also, Rick has officially been on the job for less than one day. We should be a little more forgiving while he gets the ducks in a row.
I definitely agree with giving Rick the required time to get his feet settled, and also agree that every GM should keep at minimum a spreadsheet of their own team, but I think what Andy is "frustrated" with is people asking him the availability of players he no longer owns, hence the need for accurate and updated roster pages.  I trust that given proper time, Rick and Ernie will have us running like a well-oiled machine!  :toast:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Offline andyscott23

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:27:44 PM »
Amazing on this site you get numerous comments on a one sentence post but it takes a week to get a trade approved.

First of all, I am not frustrated. Just made a simple request.
Secondly, did not get the memo about new commish (unless I missed it in my PMs which is possible) and with such a change, a league PM would be nice.
Thirdly, Unfortunately I can't ready every post daily as I compete, commission and contribute to  nearly 70 leagues on and off this site. So I apologize that I didn't see the NEW COMMISH POST.
And lastly, yes I know I can keep up with my own team on Excel spreadsheet (see sentence above) but I don't have time to track all 70 of my teams and those offering me the trades wouldn't see it either. Also I do understand the complicated process of managing team finances that comes with spreadsheets as I deal with it daily.

I am patient and was not rushing anyone. And I think Ernie knows that. Was just a simple request without knowledge someone had jumped ship and a new captain had taken over the wheel. So those implying I was rushing the new commish, be assured that I wasn't.
Thanks
Andy
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
Amazing on this site you get numerous comments on a one sentence post but it takes a week to get a trade approved.

Secondly, did not get the memo about new commish (unless I missed it in my PMs which is possible) and with such a change, a league PM would be nice.
Thirdly, Unfortunately I can't ready every post daily as I compete, commission and contribute to  nearly 70 leagues on and off this site. So I apologize that I didn't see the NEW COMMISH POST.
And lastly, yes I know I can keep up with my own team on Excel spreadsheet (see sentence above) but I don't have time to track all 70 of my teams and those offering me the trades wouldn't see it either. Also I do understand the complicated process of managing team finances that comes with spreadsheets as I deal with it daily.

I am patient and was not rushing anyone. And I think Ernie knows that. Was just a simple request without knowledge someone had jumped ship and a new captain had taken over the wheel. So those implying I was rushing the new commish, be assured that I wasn't.
Thanks
Andy
1) People don't need to be on a trade committee in order to respond to a thread, however they must must be on the TC in order to approve or veto a trade; thus the discrepancy in volume of posts and/or activity to this topic.
2) Notice the use of quotation marks around the word frustrated.  That implies I lacked a better word.  Whatever the proper term, it was apparent via your request that you are tired of being approached for players you no longer own. 
3) I was attempting to defend your position as I interpreted it.  Definitely wasn't piling on or slinging mud.  Rest assured that will not happen again.  Please accept my sincerest apologies. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Offline andyscott23

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 02:58:28 PM »
1) People don't need to be on a trade committee in order to respond to a thread, however they must must be on the TC in order to approve or veto a trade; thus the discrepancy in volume of posts and/or activity to this topic.
2) Notice the use of quotation marks around the word frustrated.  That implies I lacked a better word.  Whatever the proper term, it was apparent via your request that you are tired of being approached for players you no longer own. 
3) I was attempting to defend your position as I interpreted it.  Definitely wasn't piling on or slinging mud.  Rest assured that will not happen again.  Please accept my sincerest apologies.
1) Good point
2) Not tired just unsure why it was happening
3) Thanks for the defense. No need to apologize.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 03:32:05 PM »
I have been thinking about this and maybe came up with a "semi-solution".
All this time I have tried to avoid processing pending transaction in an effort to keep from doing them twice. I have a copy of the flipped rosters and draft choices (not including any pending Type A FA signings) . If I don't have an up to date sheet by Monday, I will go ahead and process trades,etc. I'll just have to do them again when I get the original sheet back.
Should help things a little anyway.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

joeshmoe

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 03:32:56 PM »

Thanks
Andy

Sorry if it sounded like I was critical. I didnt mean to and often syntax can be lost through text.

I am unaware of your fantasy experience I was merely offering a potential solution. I also understand that others messaging you can be annoying.

I just hope we all take a step forward together and that we give time.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline andyscott23

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 03:58:52 PM »
Sorry if it sounded like I was critical. I didnt mean to and often syntax can be lost through text.

I am unaware of your fantasy experience I was merely offering a potential solution. I also understand that others messaging you can be annoying.

I just hope we all take a step forward together and that we give time.
You didn't. And no apology needed. Thanks.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Mr Braves you are my guy. There isnt anything wrong with minor league studs or flops. I get it in REAL baseball.
    May 05, 2024, 06:20:28 PM
  • Daddy: This is fantasy baseball. We dont generate revenue selling prospects and merchandising. Our top farms dont get a write up in Sports Illustrated.
    May 05, 2024, 06:22:29 PM
  • Daddy: Load up on MLB guys, then near MLB guys, and only then is the quality of your prospects matter. Ya dig ;)
    May 05, 2024, 06:24:36 PM
  • Brent: I over value minors to a fault, but I am softening on that stance.
    May 05, 2024, 06:45:54 PM
  • dbreer23: @BigDon you around? Get a hold of me over at FT if you are.
    May 05, 2024, 08:22:38 PM
  • Daddy: Big ol NFL LIVE trade to get the day started on a Monday.
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:41 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both GMs
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:58 AM
  • Daddy: If anyone didnt know.. The Philadelphia Phillies are good at baseball :)
    May 06, 2024, 11:14:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Dave w pm
    May 06, 2024, 03:10:22 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: FGM is looking for a GM.  If you are interested, please PM me
    May 06, 2024, 04:35:04 PM
  • Daddy: If i weren't so busy i would take it. FGM is a great league well run.
    May 06, 2024, 04:38:29 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    May 06, 2024, 05:08:40 PM
  • Daddy: 23,575 views.. in a couple months. What am i talking about? "One" of the NHL LIVE sign up sheet.
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:21 PM
  • Daddy: See for yourself [link]
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:43 PM
  • Daddy: Now either there are a lot of people copying our style or trying to learn it.. or possibly there is just that much interest by visitors. Maybe both. Either way, we got to be doing something right. The NHL LIVE season, will start with an amateur draft.
    May 06, 2024, 07:08:56 PM
  • Daddy: Hard as it is to believe. There are a couple Franchises still available. See for yourself what all the fuss is about.
    May 06, 2024, 07:14:35 PM
  • Braves155: Will be around for talks tonight
    May 06, 2024, 08:43:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Braves I messaged u back yesterday got no reply yet
    May 06, 2024, 08:56:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Just sent it again in case it didn't go through yesterday
    May 06, 2024, 08:57:27 PM
  • Braves155: Replied BAB
    May 06, 2024, 09:11:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Back to ya
    May 06, 2024, 09:43:46 PM
  • indiansnation: Kylerap pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:06 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:38 AM
  • Daddy: If you are in NCAA Football & decide to do NCAA Basketball... Your same school will carry over to the new sport.
    Yesterday at 02:09:40 AM
  • Daddy: Soon the NBA LIVE Pre Reserve sign up sheet will go up. A lot of people have been asking.
    Yesterday at 02:10:36 AM
  • Daddy: The NFL teams come with NCAA. The NBA teams will be the same. NCAA Basketball will end with a 32 team tournament as a 64 team league. More details to come. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 02:13:48 AM
  • Rhino7: NBA LIVE  :taco: :bacon:
    Yesterday at 10:16:50 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 01:50:45 PM
  • indiansnation: Lets talk trade who is up for it any league
    Yesterday at 03:09:50 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for any talks
    Yesterday at 05:55:10 PM
  • Daddy: Me too
    Yesterday at 07:11:43 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Same
    Yesterday at 10:16:04 PM
  • Brent: Same.  I'm knocking out some homework and jumping over here every now and then.
    Yesterday at 11:30:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Today at 01:07:48 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Good morning. Thee Pittsburgh Steelers are open for negotiations
    Today at 10:12:07 AM
  • Daddy: It is always a good day to trade or kick ass or both.
    Today at 01:43:53 PM
  • Daddy: Currently sitting in waffle house in the company of a beautiful woman in a southern state. Planning domination.
    Today at 02:02:43 PM
  • Daddy: How u livin?
    Today at 02:02:55 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pretty good. At home working and listening to offers.
    Today at 02:32:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Who wants to talk trade with me any  league doesnt matter
    Today at 04:47:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Im looking to aquire draft capital in nfl live. Know that ny team is pretty much set in mlb live know its time for nfl live
    Today at 04:48:25 PM
  • indiansnation: Its wednesday 3pm and im still going to kick toronto but this week
    Today at 04:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: We are about to open NHL & NCAA
    Today at 04:57:24 PM
  • Daddy: Stymie thine lips on beating Toronto. You aint done that in years. Lastly, im going to take the lowly Flyers and destroy you with them. You and 31 others but mostly you.
    Today at 05:01:08 PM
  • indiansnation: What does daddy and a girl have in common?
    Today at 05:12:38 PM
  • indiansnation: He likes to talk to much and is never right lol
    Today at 05:13:43 PM
  • Daddy: We dont like you
    Today at 05:13:55 PM
  • Daddy: See. You gonna get us boycotted. You Dinosaur.
    Today at 05:15:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Hell daddy u dont even like yourself.
    Today at 05:15:16 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: bayarea pm
    Today at 05:16:22 PM