Author Topic: 5th Down Week 13 - Final Week of Regular Season (for most leagues)  (Read 719 times)

Eric

Good luck to all of you in the playoffs and looking to make noise in the playoffs. Next week Playoffs!!!

Quarterbacks - Kushton Slater

Must start - Tom Brady, New England

Brady has thrown for two or more touchdowns in six straight games and gone for over three hundred yards passing in three of his last four games.   The Colt's just recently fired their defensive coodinator and their newly hired defensive coordinator's first game will come against the AFC's top-scoring offense.  This should get them one game closer to locking up Adrew Luck as the first pick in the draft.   

Must sit - Joe Flacco, Baltimore

Flacco has only thrown 2 or more touchdowns once since week 3.  The Browns defense currently leads the league in passing yards allowed per game @ 175 and is one of four teams that have allowed less than  12 touchdown passes so far this year.  On the other hand, the Browns rank 29th against the run, which means more Ray Rice and less Joe Flacco in this contest.

Sleeper - Matt Moore, Miami

Moore has been tearing it up his past four games.  He's averaging over 220 yards per game with seven touchdowns and only one interception.  He'll be facing a Raider's defense this week that has allowed the fifth most fantasy points to opposing QB's.  Oakland has no one who can cover Brandon Marshall one-on-one, so expect that chemistry between Marshall and Moore to continue this Sunday.

Running Backs - Eric

Must Start - LeGarrette Blount, TB RB

The Panthers have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing RB than any other this year. We have seen in the past that Blount is no Lynch, but he def can make some people miss and drag them as well. Blount has over 100 yds the past 2 games and is almost a lock to get another 100 on the ground with a godd possibility of a TD as well.

Must Sit - Steven Jackson, Stl RB

Jackson, the past 2 weeks has a total of 106 rushing yards against Seattle and Arizona. This week he plays the #1 rush defense in the 49ers. The 49ers have done a great of holding opposing RB to under 100 rushing yards and 0 rushing TD's this season.

Sleeper - DeAngelo Williams, Car RB and/or Jonathan Stewart, Car RB

The RB tandem have been better in recent week and this week they play the teams that give up the most FP to opposing RB (none more than Carolina themselves). D-Will had a good week last week scoring 2 TD against a run porous Indy D. If you are in dire need of a RB one of these 2 guys will hopefully get in the endzone and put open up the offense for Newton.

Wide Receivers - Jake

Must Start - Laurent Robinson, Dallas Cowboys

Robinson is getting many redzone targets the last few weeks, and it shows with at least 1 TD in five straight games.  Playing against the abysmal Cardinals corners, there is no reason this won't continue.  I personally saw the Cardinals allow a sub-par Sam Bradford to show flashes of brilliance last week, so I can only imagine what Tony Romo will do to them.

Must Sit - Dwayne Bowe , Kansas City Chiefs

If you saw Bowe just stand there during the last play of the Steelers game last week, you can get an idea of how much he doesn't care about this season.  On the road in Chicago with Tyler Palko still probably throwing to him (or Kyle Orton, it doesn't matter) will make it a tough day to want to slot him in.

Sleeper - Deion Branch, New England Patriots and Johnny Knox, Chicago Bears

The Patriots play the horrid Colts, who give up yards in bunches and struggle against the deep threat.  Branch is among the top receivers in yards after catch this season, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him to have a very hot first half on Sunday.  Knox has put in over 200 yards and 2 TD's the last two weeks, and is clearly Caleb Hanie's favorite target.  Much like Robinson above, there is no reason not to continue to ride the hot hand.

Tight Ends - JMACisBACK

Must Start- Rob Gronkowski, NE vs IND ( Also Graham vs DET, Gates vs JAX)
He is a no brainer play every week at this stage, but he is a bona fide top 5-10 overall Pass Catcher , period, WR , TE, etc. Take advantage of him vs the weak secondary of Indy and reap the benefits of yet another big game for this truly elite talent.

Must Sit- Jake Ballard, NYG vs GB
Look for the Pack to contain Ballard this week , while Eli looks early and often to Nicks and Cruz this week. Plenty of better safer options this week than Ballard. ( others to sit , Owen Daniels vs ATL , Dallas Clark vs NE)

Sleeper - Brandon Pettigrew, DET vs NO
I imagine Stafford will have to check down quite a bit this weekend in what could be a high scoring affair between the two teams. Pettigrew is a big target and you know NO will key heavily on Calvin, thus making Pettigrew the match up to potentially exploit this week for fantasy owners.

Team Defense/Special Teams - zadelstein

Must Start - New England Patriots

The Patriots have not been anywhere close to the best defense this year, failing to score points on a regular basis and only getting 2 touchdowns all year.  That being said, they scored those 2 TDs in the past 3 games and have forced 6 turnovers in those games.  This week they play the worn out Colts, which in itself should be reason to start the Pats.  They will get points this week!

Must Sit - Detroit Lions

The Lions have been a top 10 defense this year, forcing 23 turnovers in 11 games and scoring 4 TDs.  This week they face the Saints in New Orleans where they have given up a negative amount of points in most scoring systems.  If you have any options, sit the Lions this week or be prepared to lose some points.

Sleeper - San Diego Chargers

The Chargers are in the bottom 3 in defense this year, but this week they face the Jacksonville Jaguars who have given up double digit points to opposing defenses in all but 3 weeks this year.  If you need a step in for your defense, check out the Chargers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: seen abt to posty
    Yesterday at 08:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: posted
    Yesterday at 08:07:10 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you got a NHL trade posted up. Did you trade in two leagues?
    Yesterday at 08:51:03 PM
  • Daddy: Oh nvm you made two NHL Trades
    Yesterday at 08:51:36 PM
  • Braves155: Already 2 deals Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:12:52 PM
  • Daddy: He needs help @Braves. Trade addiction hotline. He just doesn't love Fakebook or TicTok. Brian is addicted to trading.
    Yesterday at 09:39:23 PM
  • Daddy: "1-800-LIVEGMS" - is here for your addiction.
    Yesterday at 09:41:08 PM
  • Daddy: We got Fat traders... Skinny traders... We got wee little traders & Giant ego traders. Our slogan? "We be trading Crap nonstop".
    Yesterday at 09:43:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 10:13:45 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy message on fantrax
    Today at 02:29:05 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 09:08:41 AM
  • TheGOAT: Are you posting jmntl?
    Today at 10:42:38 AM
  • TheGOAT: nevermind
    Today at 10:46:33 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Which 2025 1st is being moved? Im assuming Detroit original
    Today at 10:53:10 AM
  • TheGOAT: I believe it is the Detroit's original one
    Today at 11:05:54 AM
  • jmntl82: Yeah the original
    Today at 11:24:30 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Roger
    Today at 11:54:51 AM
  • Daddy: Welp... There goes my draft picks boyz. Hit me up next year. :)
    Today at 12:45:22 PM
  • jmntl82: Is there a trade addiction meeting somewhere I can sign up for?
    Today at 01:02:23 PM
  • jmntl82: It has been one hour ish since my last trade
    Today at 01:02:36 PM
  • Daddy: Looking at our recent transactions you too need therapy. The trade addiction pandemic is real.
    Today at 01:04:51 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Lmaoo I think I got the case of briantradeitis
    Today at 02:38:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: After what Ive been doing in NHL live
    Today at 02:38:18 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around all day. Will be on the SS later doing some matching but always around
    Today at 02:39:13 PM
  • Daddy: We havent hit the official start date but NHL LIVE is up and running, fully functional with 28 pre-signed owners. Weve got 4 open teams despite over 100,000+ views on just the bullpen sign up sheet.
    Today at 02:46:34 PM
  • Daddy: Once teams are gone, they are gone.
    Today at 02:47:29 PM
  • Daddy: Focus now goes to NCAA LIVE >> NBA LIVE >> NCAA Hoops LIVE
    Today at 02:48:24 PM
  • Daddy: Thats 160 teams in case you were wondering. Across 2 sports. Impossible? Just watch.
    Today at 02:49:56 PM
  • OUDAN: Soooooo ready for NCAA and NBA. Ive never been in an NCAA league that worked but I trust you
    Today at 03:00:41 PM
  • Daddy: And i will not let you down sir. On my everything i will not let you down. :toth:
    Today at 03:34:14 PM
  • Bigdon: Has nba live started yet
    Today at 04:45:48 PM
  • Daddy: You will see it in fantrax once it starts. We are at the "pre" signup stage. Just got the boards up.
    Today at 04:50:52 PM
  • Daddy: Setting up leagues from scratch takes a little time. Took a few months to get NHL set up correctly and operational.
    Today at 04:52:25 PM
  • Daddy: MLB & NFL were switch over leagues. They already had most of the structures in place. NHL is the first true LIVE league done from scratch.
    Today at 04:53:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: When do you need Vegas name for NBA Live?
    Today at 04:56:01 PM
  • Daddy: When i set up fantrax. Need the name and logo by then. Seattle was easy. Vegas we are on our own.
    Today at 04:58:58 PM
  • Daddy: So by July 1
    Today at 04:59:31 PM
  • Daddy: NBA is "easiest" of all of the leagues to set up and moderate.
    Today at 05:00:09 PM
  • Daddy: NHL watch a bitch. All those dudes. I know about guys playing hockey in Iceland now. Too much information.
    Today at 05:00:53 PM
  • Daddy: Was a bitch :rofl:
    Today at 05:01:10 PM
  • Daddy: I know about 16 year old hockey players now. It was a great learning experience. I thought i knew hockey.
    Today at 05:03:59 PM
  • Daddy: Huge NHL LIVE trade. The first BLOCKBUSTER
    Today at 05:59:00 PM
  • Daddy: Connor McDavid comes to Broad St. :)
    Today at 05:59:23 PM
  • Daddy: Lead us great Connor. Lead us to Dynasty Glory. :win: im counting on you eh.
    Today at 06:00:31 PM
  • Bigdon: Nba live i.have chicago that's awesome thanks
    Today at 06:02:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy its 5pm and the flyers still suck
    Today at 06:02:47 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah but my Flyers suck with Connor McDavid.
    Today at 06:04:15 PM
  • Daddy: Dont hate me cuz im beautiful.
    Today at 06:04:34 PM
  • Daddy: After a blockbuster trade, you know the feeling. I could get hit by thrown monkey poop right now and im still smiling while i eat a banana.
    Today at 06:06:48 PM