Author Topic: 5th Down Week 13 - Final Week of Regular Season (for most leagues)  (Read 631 times)

Eric

Good luck to all of you in the playoffs and looking to make noise in the playoffs. Next week Playoffs!!!

Quarterbacks - Kushton Slater

Must start - Tom Brady, New England

Brady has thrown for two or more touchdowns in six straight games and gone for over three hundred yards passing in three of his last four games.   The Colt's just recently fired their defensive coodinator and their newly hired defensive coordinator's first game will come against the AFC's top-scoring offense.  This should get them one game closer to locking up Adrew Luck as the first pick in the draft.   

Must sit - Joe Flacco, Baltimore

Flacco has only thrown 2 or more touchdowns once since week 3.  The Browns defense currently leads the league in passing yards allowed per game @ 175 and is one of four teams that have allowed less than  12 touchdown passes so far this year.  On the other hand, the Browns rank 29th against the run, which means more Ray Rice and less Joe Flacco in this contest.

Sleeper - Matt Moore, Miami

Moore has been tearing it up his past four games.  He's averaging over 220 yards per game with seven touchdowns and only one interception.  He'll be facing a Raider's defense this week that has allowed the fifth most fantasy points to opposing QB's.  Oakland has no one who can cover Brandon Marshall one-on-one, so expect that chemistry between Marshall and Moore to continue this Sunday.

Running Backs - Eric

Must Start - LeGarrette Blount, TB RB

The Panthers have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing RB than any other this year. We have seen in the past that Blount is no Lynch, but he def can make some people miss and drag them as well. Blount has over 100 yds the past 2 games and is almost a lock to get another 100 on the ground with a godd possibility of a TD as well.

Must Sit - Steven Jackson, Stl RB

Jackson, the past 2 weeks has a total of 106 rushing yards against Seattle and Arizona. This week he plays the #1 rush defense in the 49ers. The 49ers have done a great of holding opposing RB to under 100 rushing yards and 0 rushing TD's this season.

Sleeper - DeAngelo Williams, Car RB and/or Jonathan Stewart, Car RB

The RB tandem have been better in recent week and this week they play the teams that give up the most FP to opposing RB (none more than Carolina themselves). D-Will had a good week last week scoring 2 TD against a run porous Indy D. If you are in dire need of a RB one of these 2 guys will hopefully get in the endzone and put open up the offense for Newton.

Wide Receivers - Jake

Must Start - Laurent Robinson, Dallas Cowboys

Robinson is getting many redzone targets the last few weeks, and it shows with at least 1 TD in five straight games.  Playing against the abysmal Cardinals corners, there is no reason this won't continue.  I personally saw the Cardinals allow a sub-par Sam Bradford to show flashes of brilliance last week, so I can only imagine what Tony Romo will do to them.

Must Sit - Dwayne Bowe , Kansas City Chiefs

If you saw Bowe just stand there during the last play of the Steelers game last week, you can get an idea of how much he doesn't care about this season.  On the road in Chicago with Tyler Palko still probably throwing to him (or Kyle Orton, it doesn't matter) will make it a tough day to want to slot him in.

Sleeper - Deion Branch, New England Patriots and Johnny Knox, Chicago Bears

The Patriots play the horrid Colts, who give up yards in bunches and struggle against the deep threat.  Branch is among the top receivers in yards after catch this season, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him to have a very hot first half on Sunday.  Knox has put in over 200 yards and 2 TD's the last two weeks, and is clearly Caleb Hanie's favorite target.  Much like Robinson above, there is no reason not to continue to ride the hot hand.

Tight Ends - JMACisBACK

Must Start- Rob Gronkowski, NE vs IND ( Also Graham vs DET, Gates vs JAX)
He is a no brainer play every week at this stage, but he is a bona fide top 5-10 overall Pass Catcher , period, WR , TE, etc. Take advantage of him vs the weak secondary of Indy and reap the benefits of yet another big game for this truly elite talent.

Must Sit- Jake Ballard, NYG vs GB
Look for the Pack to contain Ballard this week , while Eli looks early and often to Nicks and Cruz this week. Plenty of better safer options this week than Ballard. ( others to sit , Owen Daniels vs ATL , Dallas Clark vs NE)

Sleeper - Brandon Pettigrew, DET vs NO
I imagine Stafford will have to check down quite a bit this weekend in what could be a high scoring affair between the two teams. Pettigrew is a big target and you know NO will key heavily on Calvin, thus making Pettigrew the match up to potentially exploit this week for fantasy owners.

Team Defense/Special Teams - zadelstein

Must Start - New England Patriots

The Patriots have not been anywhere close to the best defense this year, failing to score points on a regular basis and only getting 2 touchdowns all year.  That being said, they scored those 2 TDs in the past 3 games and have forced 6 turnovers in those games.  This week they play the worn out Colts, which in itself should be reason to start the Pats.  They will get points this week!

Must Sit - Detroit Lions

The Lions have been a top 10 defense this year, forcing 23 turnovers in 11 games and scoring 4 TDs.  This week they face the Saints in New Orleans where they have given up a negative amount of points in most scoring systems.  If you have any options, sit the Lions this week or be prepared to lose some points.

Sleeper - San Diego Chargers

The Chargers are in the bottom 3 in defense this year, but this week they face the Jacksonville Jaguars who have given up double digit points to opposing defenses in all but 3 weeks this year.  If you need a step in for your defense, check out the Chargers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 01:07:48 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Good morning. Thee Pittsburgh Steelers are open for negotiations
    Yesterday at 10:12:07 AM
  • Daddy: It is always a good day to trade or kick ass or both.
    Yesterday at 01:43:53 PM
  • Daddy: Currently sitting in waffle house in the company of a beautiful woman in a southern state. Planning domination.
    Yesterday at 02:02:43 PM
  • Daddy: How u livin?
    Yesterday at 02:02:55 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pretty good. At home working and listening to offers.
    Yesterday at 02:32:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Who wants to talk trade with me any  league doesnt matter
    Yesterday at 04:47:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Im looking to aquire draft capital in nfl live. Know that ny team is pretty much set in mlb live know its time for nfl live
    Yesterday at 04:48:25 PM
  • indiansnation: Its wednesday 3pm and im still going to kick toronto but this week
    Yesterday at 04:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: We are about to open NHL & NCAA
    Yesterday at 04:57:24 PM
  • Daddy: Stymie thine lips on beating Toronto. You aint done that in years. Lastly, im going to take the lowly Flyers and destroy you with them. You and 31 others but mostly you.
    Yesterday at 05:01:08 PM
  • indiansnation: What does daddy and a girl have in common?
    Yesterday at 05:12:38 PM
  • indiansnation: He likes to talk to much and is never right lol
    Yesterday at 05:13:43 PM
  • Daddy: We dont like you
    Yesterday at 05:13:55 PM
  • Daddy: See. You gonna get us boycotted. You Dinosaur.
    Yesterday at 05:15:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Hell daddy u dont even like yourself.
    Yesterday at 05:15:16 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: bayarea pm
    Yesterday at 05:16:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Ldsjayhawks u gotta get back to me about our trade talk
    Yesterday at 05:37:54 PM
  • Braves155: Oh Crap, someone say NFL LIVE?
    Yesterday at 06:39:33 PM
  • Daddy: I hope you have great success with Caleb Williams @Braves. Just remember to put assets all around him. Build a solid 24. Then build up depth.
    Yesterday at 08:01:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 still waiting to hear back from u about nfl live
    Yesterday at 10:25:33 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking to trade in nfl live
    Yesterday at 10:40:43 PM
  • Daddy: @Brian i hate everyone equally.
    Yesterday at 10:49:33 PM
  • STLBlues91: Sorry was eating dinner going to send replies out to everyone now
    Yesterday at 10:58:13 PM
  • Daddy: Funny.. NFL LIVE has the longest offseason and the most transactions.
    Yesterday at 11:02:40 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE is by far the hottest league right now though.
    Yesterday at 11:03:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Colts in nfl live make their first big trade in nfl live
    Yesterday at 11:56:34 PM
  • Daddy: Brian why do you keep dropping 15 prospects at a time in baseball? Are you not signing guys you believe in?
    Today at 12:09:23 AM
  • indiansnation: I'm all about adding better prospects to my team in long run
    Today at 12:17:05 AM
  • indiansnation: I am the biggest nerd when it comes to milb prospects their is like another 100 prospects in mlb i could add right know in heartbeat. My luttle time im off from work I spend hours looking at specs.
    Today at 12:23:33 AM
  • indiansnation: If u look at everybody in mlb live prospect wise is killing it in minors. Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live and then start working on nfl live and and nhl live.
    Today at 12:25:51 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: niners could still be interested in adding players. believ i have  abt 4 picks in 2025 that i can maybe use in trade depending on deal
    Today at 12:30:57 AM
  • dbreer23: "Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live" - I'll believe that when...well, never!
    Today at 01:02:58 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: lmaoo way to contradict brian
    Today at 01:10:09 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed
    Today at 01:10:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had room in my farm so i figured i fill it some
    Today at 01:10:20 AM
  • Daddy: I dont mind activity. Especially with purpose. Brian needs hockey to start.
    Today at 01:11:26 AM
  • Daddy: Its been so long since ive done a hockey league and ive fallen behind a bit in the sport because of that. This year hockey is back in my life for good.
    Today at 01:12:42 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian we have a 60 player minor league limit. All of our guys on each team should be killing it in the minors. Sign guys you believe in. Then let them develop.
    Today at 01:21:47 AM
  • Daddy: Everytime a guy is hitting .400 at Corpus Christi that doesn't make him Ted Williams.
    Today at 01:26:13 AM
  • Daddy: None of these dudes are gonna help you avoid datazzwhupin im putting on you this week. Reap the whirlwind Brian. Reap it.
    Today at 01:29:07 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: is this reference to guys i added?
    Today at 01:29:55 AM
  • Daddy: You sir... No. Football is our battle ground. Im talking about Mr. 189 minor league nerd that TEXTED me he was gon whoop me this week.
    Today at 01:34:21 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: hahahah ok
    Today at 01:35:38 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy is going down by guardians in mlb live.
    Today at 01:40:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey colts in nfl live looking to move qb russel Wilson looking for draft picks in return.
    Today at 01:43:08 PM
  • Daddy: That is a great trade in MLB. Most trades are great but few are star worthy. Congratulations to both GMs!
    Today at 04:19:40 PM
  • Daddy: Isaac Coffey will be a FA again in 72 hours.
    Today at 04:21:55 PM
  • OUDAN: CCD guys lets deal!!!!
    Today at 04:44:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: prolly will be yes daddy
    Today at 04:55:56 PM