Author Topic: AFB Trade Committee  (Read 857 times)

Offline kenny

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 1
    • :Blank:
    • :Columbia:
    • View Profile
Re: AFB Trade Committee
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »
To elaborate on the "other options for a TC," I'd been considering trying to form an external TC. It may be a coalition of members from various leagues reviewing all trades, or it may be just for special cases (such as appeals). In any case, having members with no self-interest in this league would obviously be best.

However, that's just thinking aloud. I don't know how much interest there is, how practical it is and how it would work logistically. Just started looking for leagues similar to ours others out there. The other leagues would have to have a roughly similar setup for this to work well (salaries, minors) and of course, they would have to want a similar system as well.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online ldsjayhawk

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :CLS:
    • :Kansas:
    • :SKC:
    • :KC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
In the other league I am in, they have a pretty successful setup with an internal committee that works pretty well. It is small, five guys. I think if you handpicked the people on the committee, maybe even providing some basic guidelines, an internal committee could work. Just my experience, not necessarily an endorsement of an internal committee.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
FGM :win: :SEA: 2017 + 2x AL West Div
BUSH AL :Bronze: :KC: 2021 + 4x AL Central Div
AFB AL :Bronze: :KC: 2012 + 1x Div
AFB NL :Bronze: :COL: 2018 + 2x Div

DVB78300

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
I'd like to volunteer

Below is a rough idea of how trade voting is done in another league that I am in and well it's worked well since league inception.

A single post from each voter containing their vote and reasoning for that vote. Commissioners may post announcements when deemed necessary. If the trade unfairly favors the posting team, vote positively (+.) If the trade unfairly favors the confirming team, vote negatively (-.) All votes must include a grade from -100 to +100, using this scale as a guideline:

+/- 0-10: Completely even trade, or a problem-free trade that may slightly favor either side in the opinion of the voter.
+/- 10-25: One side does maintain a substantial advantage in the deal, but in the opinion of the voter the trade should not come under question as veto-worthy or close to it.
+/- 25-39: The advantage obtained by one side is potentially dangerous and may hurt the other side if similar deals are made in the future. It is not deemed vetoable by the voter but might be by other voters.
+/- 40-49: The trade is definitely dangerous and the voter maintains that veto consideration should be given, however it is not veto-worthy in the eyes of the voter.
+/- 50-69: The trade is considered vetoable by the voter, but perhaps certain aspects of the deal make sense. Perhaps the losing team will be able to recover from their error.
+/- 70-89: The trade makes little sense for one side from various aspects i.e. talent, financials, current/future direction. The trade should definitely not be allowed and poses a real threat to the league.
+/- 90-99: The trade is among the worst trades conceivable. No sound arguments can be made in its favor, in the eyes of the voter.
+/- 100: The worst trade conceivable, i.e. Starlin Castro ($400,000) for John Lackey ($15,000,000.)

If after 48 hours there have been at least 5 votes, and the average grade has an absolute value of 50 or above, the trade will be vetoed. If all of the first five, or five of the first six votes fall inside {-25...+25}, the trade will be automatically processed even if the 48-hour period is not up. Owners will not vote on their own trades.

TRADE REVIEW GUIDELINES:
* In your reasoning, you may not personally attack an owner, or even make blatantly disparaging remarks about an involved player, such as "Varitek is garbage/sucks/pathetic, etc."
* Contacting voters via email, PM or otherwise concerning their vote is prohibited.
* Changing of votes is discouraged. Within the casting of the first five votes, a voter may change his vote up to FIVE points (+/-) OR to fall within +/- 25, as long as they give good reason. After the fifth vote is cast, changing votes is no longer allowed. Think it through before posting.
* One post per trader or voter per thread, so there will be no arguing back and forth. Make your point, and let the process work itself out.
* What you are voting on is not whether or not one team is getting the better end in your opinion, but whether the trade threatens the integrity or longevity of the league, or might be a part of a pattern to do so. Take into account past, current, or changing markets, former costs, and team direction(s) at your discretion.
* Player production now, in the future, salaries, cap space situations, contract lengths, and arbitration clocks are all factors that should be weighed in various degrees while making your review.
* When weighing the fair value of a draft pick, an estimation of the player available at that draft pick should be used.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kenny

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 1
    • :Columbia:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
Thanks for the input Doug. For now, I'd like to use a simpler system though.

We will go with this http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=46583.0 . We will modify this as necessary.

All that have volunteered have been invited to the TC.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Shelby

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :NYJL:
    • :IND-NBA:
    • :SJ:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 05:51:48 PM »
Add me to TC
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Mr Braves you are my guy. There isnt anything wrong with minor league studs or flops. I get it in REAL baseball.
    May 05, 2024, 06:20:28 PM
  • Daddy: This is fantasy baseball. We dont generate revenue selling prospects and merchandising. Our top farms dont get a write up in Sports Illustrated.
    May 05, 2024, 06:22:29 PM
  • Daddy: Load up on MLB guys, then near MLB guys, and only then is the quality of your prospects matter. Ya dig ;)
    May 05, 2024, 06:24:36 PM
  • Brent: I over value minors to a fault, but I am softening on that stance.
    May 05, 2024, 06:45:54 PM
  • dbreer23: @BigDon you around? Get a hold of me over at FT if you are.
    May 05, 2024, 08:22:38 PM
  • Daddy: Big ol NFL LIVE trade to get the day started on a Monday.
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:41 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both GMs
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:58 AM
  • Daddy: If anyone didnt know.. The Philadelphia Phillies are good at baseball :)
    May 06, 2024, 11:14:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Dave w pm
    May 06, 2024, 03:10:22 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: FGM is looking for a GM.  If you are interested, please PM me
    May 06, 2024, 04:35:04 PM
  • Daddy: If i weren't so busy i would take it. FGM is a great league well run.
    May 06, 2024, 04:38:29 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    May 06, 2024, 05:08:40 PM
  • Daddy: 23,575 views.. in a couple months. What am i talking about? "One" of the NHL LIVE sign up sheet.
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:21 PM
  • Daddy: See for yourself [link]
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:43 PM
  • Daddy: Now either there are a lot of people copying our style or trying to learn it.. or possibly there is just that much interest by visitors. Maybe both. Either way, we got to be doing something right. The NHL LIVE season, will start with an amateur draft.
    May 06, 2024, 07:08:56 PM
  • Daddy: Hard as it is to believe. There are a couple Franchises still available. See for yourself what all the fuss is about.
    May 06, 2024, 07:14:35 PM
  • Braves155: Will be around for talks tonight
    May 06, 2024, 08:43:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Braves I messaged u back yesterday got no reply yet
    May 06, 2024, 08:56:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Just sent it again in case it didn't go through yesterday
    May 06, 2024, 08:57:27 PM
  • Braves155: Replied BAB
    May 06, 2024, 09:11:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Back to ya
    May 06, 2024, 09:43:46 PM
  • indiansnation: Kylerap pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:06 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:38 AM
  • Daddy: If you are in NCAA Football & decide to do NCAA Basketball... Your same school will carry over to the new sport.
    Yesterday at 02:09:40 AM
  • Daddy: Soon the NBA LIVE Pre Reserve sign up sheet will go up. A lot of people have been asking.
    Yesterday at 02:10:36 AM
  • Daddy: The NFL teams come with NCAA. The NBA teams will be the same. NCAA Basketball will end with a 32 team tournament as a 64 team league. More details to come. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 02:13:48 AM
  • Rhino7: NBA LIVE  :taco: :bacon:
    Yesterday at 10:16:50 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 01:50:45 PM
  • indiansnation: Lets talk trade who is up for it any league
    Yesterday at 03:09:50 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for any talks
    Yesterday at 05:55:10 PM
  • Daddy: Me too
    Yesterday at 07:11:43 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Same
    Yesterday at 10:16:04 PM
  • Brent: Same.  I'm knocking out some homework and jumping over here every now and then.
    Yesterday at 11:30:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Today at 01:07:48 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Good morning. Thee Pittsburgh Steelers are open for negotiations
    Today at 10:12:07 AM
  • Daddy: It is always a good day to trade or kick ass or both.
    Today at 01:43:53 PM
  • Daddy: Currently sitting in waffle house in the company of a beautiful woman in a southern state. Planning domination.
    Today at 02:02:43 PM
  • Daddy: How u livin?
    Today at 02:02:55 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pretty good. At home working and listening to offers.
    Today at 02:32:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Who wants to talk trade with me any  league doesnt matter
    Today at 04:47:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Im looking to aquire draft capital in nfl live. Know that ny team is pretty much set in mlb live know its time for nfl live
    Today at 04:48:25 PM
  • indiansnation: Its wednesday 3pm and im still going to kick toronto but this week
    Today at 04:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: We are about to open NHL & NCAA
    Today at 04:57:24 PM
  • Daddy: Stymie thine lips on beating Toronto. You aint done that in years. Lastly, im going to take the lowly Flyers and destroy you with them. You and 31 others but mostly you.
    Today at 05:01:08 PM
  • indiansnation: What does daddy and a girl have in common?
    Today at 05:12:38 PM
  • indiansnation: He likes to talk to much and is never right lol
    Today at 05:13:43 PM
  • Daddy: We dont like you
    Today at 05:13:55 PM
  • Daddy: See. You gonna get us boycotted. You Dinosaur.
    Today at 05:15:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Hell daddy u dont even like yourself.
    Today at 05:15:16 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: bayarea pm
    Today at 05:16:22 PM