Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 1723 times)

haseloff

Re: Some questions
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »
Chris,
  Thanks for your time responding.  Can you clarify something though.  I understand the rules on ARB and when you can offer extensions, that's in the constitution and is clear...

GM's may extend the contracts of players in the final year of team control. Only two extensions
may be made per off-season. Extensions can be between 1 and 5 years long.

Contract extension offers must be made between the end of the League playoffs and 12pm ET on the Friday prior to Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to interpret my EXCEL spreadsheet roster.  If it says FA in the 2014 column, does that mean they will be automatically removed soon or are they fa AFTER this year, so I should extend them now?  Or should I be looking for the final ARB to be in 2014 to offer extension?

No, salaries are guaranteed.  There are no buyouts.  You are on the hook for his salary if you drop him.

If I drop Rick Ankiel, I'll owe him 5mil for the next 3 years.  Does the $15 mill come out of this year's cap or does $5mil come out the next 3 years? 
Does that change if someone else signs him to another contract or am I still on the hook there?  Damn you Ankiel...

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chrisetc21

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
Chris,
  Thanks for your time responding.  Can you clarify something though.  I understand the rules on ARB and when you can offer extensions, that's in the constitution and is clear...
I'm trying to interpret my EXCEL spreadsheet roster.  If it says FA in the 2014 column, does that mean they will be automatically removed soon or are they fa AFTER this year, so I should extend them now?  Or should I be looking for the final ARB to be in 2014 to offer extension?

If they say FA 2014 and 6 in the Arb Serv column, that means they have served their full six years in arbitration and they will become a free agent after Thanksgiving this year for the season starting in 2014 if you do not offer an extension.  Those players will likely be removed after Thanksgiving and before free agency begins in January I'm sure.

If I drop Rick Ankiel, I'll owe him 5mil for the next 3 years.  Does the $15 mill come out of this year's cap or does $5mil come out the next 3 years? 
Does that change if someone else signs him to another contract or am I still on the hook there?  Smoking Gun you Ankiel...

If you release Ankiel and nobody claims him off waivers it doesn't really specify if you can apply it all in the first year or whether it has to be spread out.  I'd say you have the choice.  If Ankiel clears waivers and gets anew offer in free agency you're still liable for the money you owe him.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:51:53 PM by chrisetc21 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chrisetc21

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »

I'm not convinced this isn't a dead league just yet.  I'd love to see 30 active GMs in a league like this though...

I don't think you've made a single transaction since you've been here.  I got here after you and have already made five trades.  Several other new owners have also made multiple trades.  Lando has worked very hard to fill the empty spots and the league is full right now so run your team dude.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

haseloff

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »
I don't think you've made a single transaction since you've been here.  I got here after you and have already made five trades.  Several other new owners have also made multiple trades.  Lando has worked very hard to fill the empty spots and the league is full right now so run your team dude.

I took over the :NYM: and went 4-4 to finish the season 6-16 (actually setting your lineup helps).  I think that contributes as much integrity to the league as 'making a lot of trades'.  I was pretty happy with it considering I have a 40-man roster full of minor leaguers.

I've made transactions, call ups, just no trades yet.  Not sure why everyone is so angry here, I'm just trying to get clarification.  >:(
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chrisetc21

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »
I took over the :NYM: and went 4-4 to finish the season 6-16 (actually setting your lineup helps).  I think that contributes as much integrity to the league as 'making a lot of trades'.  I was pretty happy with it considering I have a 40-man roster full of minor leaguers.

I've made transactions, call ups, just no trades yet.  Not sure why everyone is so angry here, I'm just trying to get clarification.  >:(

It's not anger from my part, it's more of a the success of the league starts with you kind of thing.  I agree with you that there probably needs to be an FAQ because I had a lot of questions when I joined.  A new owner that isn't in other leagues is going to probably have those same types of questions.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pats1fan

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »
So pardon my ignorance on this, I understand how the extensions work as far as how the salaries are determined and such...I just need to know who is eligible to be extended on my roster.  Is it the guys who show up as "FA 2014?"  or the guys that are in the last year of their contract in 2014?   Thanks.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

haseloff

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
Pats, that was my first question.  The answer was the can extend someone when FA is in the 2014 column (NOT when the final ARB is in the 2014 column).

Now go check out the :NYM: roster and sell me some mediocre pitching. I'm looking for some middle of the road innings eaters!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chrisetc21

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »
So pardon my ignorance on this, I understand how the extensions work as far as how the salaries are determined and such...I just need to know who is eligible to be extended on my roster.  Is it the guys who show up as "FA 2014?"  or the guys that are in the last year of their contract in 2014?   Thanks.

The players listed as FA 2014 are eligible to be extended by Thanksgiving 2013.  The players with a salary for 2014 will be eligible to be extend after the end of the regular season in 2014. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yahoolando

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »
Extensions are only available to be offered until the end of this month.  Please check Important Dates in the Calendar - http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=102534.0

I have also sent out numerous PMs regarding the dates.  I don't have time to edit the Rule Book every day but most has been updated and is pretty straight forward.

Regarding Uehara he is going into his 6th year of ARB and was eligible.  Remember that once a player is called up in AFB his clock starts, it is not based on his real life years of service.

Real life service comes into play when players are free agents.  You could sign someone who has 3 years of MLB service to a minor league deal and place him in the minors.  His clock doesn't restart until he is placed on the 40-man roster which would give you 3 years of team control.  Also once he is called up to the 40-man and reaches 4 years of service as in this case we would look at his previous season's salary to determine his AFB salary.

I think Chris and the others have covered most of the other questions.

As far as the spreadsheet I will cut the rest of the FA's once the deadline passes at the end of October not Thanksgiving as it says in the Constitution.  And yes only up to 2 extensions can be signed each offseason.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Load up on MLB guys, then near MLB guys, and only then is the quality of your prospects matter. Ya dig ;)
    May 05, 2024, 06:24:36 PM
  • Brent: I over value minors to a fault, but I am softening on that stance.
    May 05, 2024, 06:45:54 PM
  • dbreer23: @BigDon you around? Get a hold of me over at FT if you are.
    May 05, 2024, 08:22:38 PM
  • Daddy: Big ol NFL LIVE trade to get the day started on a Monday.
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:41 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both GMs
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:58 AM
  • Daddy: If anyone didnt know.. The Philadelphia Phillies are good at baseball :)
    May 06, 2024, 11:14:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Dave w pm
    May 06, 2024, 03:10:22 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: FGM is looking for a GM.  If you are interested, please PM me
    May 06, 2024, 04:35:04 PM
  • Daddy: If i weren't so busy i would take it. FGM is a great league well run.
    May 06, 2024, 04:38:29 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    May 06, 2024, 05:08:40 PM
  • Daddy: 23,575 views.. in a couple months. What am i talking about? "One" of the NHL LIVE sign up sheet.
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:21 PM
  • Daddy: See for yourself [link]
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:43 PM
  • Daddy: Now either there are a lot of people copying our style or trying to learn it.. or possibly there is just that much interest by visitors. Maybe both. Either way, we got to be doing something right. The NHL LIVE season, will start with an amateur draft.
    May 06, 2024, 07:08:56 PM
  • Daddy: Hard as it is to believe. There are a couple Franchises still available. See for yourself what all the fuss is about.
    May 06, 2024, 07:14:35 PM
  • Braves155: Will be around for talks tonight
    May 06, 2024, 08:43:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Braves I messaged u back yesterday got no reply yet
    May 06, 2024, 08:56:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Just sent it again in case it didn't go through yesterday
    May 06, 2024, 08:57:27 PM
  • Braves155: Replied BAB
    May 06, 2024, 09:11:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Back to ya
    May 06, 2024, 09:43:46 PM
  • indiansnation: Kylerap pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:06 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:38 AM
  • Daddy: If you are in NCAA Football & decide to do NCAA Basketball... Your same school will carry over to the new sport.
    Yesterday at 02:09:40 AM
  • Daddy: Soon the NBA LIVE Pre Reserve sign up sheet will go up. A lot of people have been asking.
    Yesterday at 02:10:36 AM
  • Daddy: The NFL teams come with NCAA. The NBA teams will be the same. NCAA Basketball will end with a 32 team tournament as a 64 team league. More details to come. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 02:13:48 AM
  • Rhino7: NBA LIVE  :taco: :bacon:
    Yesterday at 10:16:50 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 01:50:45 PM
  • indiansnation: Lets talk trade who is up for it any league
    Yesterday at 03:09:50 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for any talks
    Yesterday at 05:55:10 PM
  • Daddy: Me too
    Yesterday at 07:11:43 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Same
    Yesterday at 10:16:04 PM
  • Brent: Same.  I'm knocking out some homework and jumping over here every now and then.
    Yesterday at 11:30:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Today at 01:07:48 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Good morning. Thee Pittsburgh Steelers are open for negotiations
    Today at 10:12:07 AM
  • Daddy: It is always a good day to trade or kick ass or both.
    Today at 01:43:53 PM
  • Daddy: Currently sitting in waffle house in the company of a beautiful woman in a southern state. Planning domination.
    Today at 02:02:43 PM
  • Daddy: How u livin?
    Today at 02:02:55 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pretty good. At home working and listening to offers.
    Today at 02:32:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Who wants to talk trade with me any  league doesnt matter
    Today at 04:47:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Im looking to aquire draft capital in nfl live. Know that ny team is pretty much set in mlb live know its time for nfl live
    Today at 04:48:25 PM
  • indiansnation: Its wednesday 3pm and im still going to kick toronto but this week
    Today at 04:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: We are about to open NHL & NCAA
    Today at 04:57:24 PM
  • Daddy: Stymie thine lips on beating Toronto. You aint done that in years. Lastly, im going to take the lowly Flyers and destroy you with them. You and 31 others but mostly you.
    Today at 05:01:08 PM
  • indiansnation: What does daddy and a girl have in common?
    Today at 05:12:38 PM
  • indiansnation: He likes to talk to much and is never right lol
    Today at 05:13:43 PM
  • Daddy: We dont like you
    Today at 05:13:55 PM
  • Daddy: See. You gonna get us boycotted. You Dinosaur.
    Today at 05:15:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Hell daddy u dont even like yourself.
    Today at 05:15:16 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: bayarea pm
    Today at 05:16:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Ldsjayhawks u gotta get back to me about our trade talk
    Today at 05:37:54 PM
  • Braves155: Oh Crap, someone say NFL LIVE?
    Today at 06:39:33 PM