Author Topic: 2010 Franchise GM Predictions  (Read 1909 times)

jcoombs16

Re: 2010 Franchise GM Predictions
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 05:29:18 PM »
American
East - Yanks
Central - White Sox
West - Athletics
Wildcard - Red Sox

Yanks over Red Sox for pennant

National
East - Phillies
Central - Brewers
West - Rockies
Wildcard - Reds

Brewers upset Phillies for pennant

Yankees win 2nd World Series in a row
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
Preseason power rankings...
1) :NYY: - Yankees have it all, but it is costing them a pretty penny as they are at the cap and face some hardships in the future. 
2) :PHI: - The two-time defending NL Champs added Verlander and Grienke in the offseason.  The only way they don't make it is if their team hits a slump in the playoffs.  They'll surely win the East.
3) :MIL: - Braun, Pujols, and Fielder will make any pitching staff cry... easy divisional repeat for Ben's team.
========= END OF 1ST TIER =================
4) :BOS: - The Red Sox didn't need much, but Sammy brought in Miggy, Bay, and Scutaro to shape the team's aging offense
5) :COL: - Howe's Rockies are loaded with allstars
6) :OAK: - Jake's absence from the Angels lends a helping hand to Rob's A's who can finally pitch and HIT
7) :LAA: - The AL West will be a very close race as Jake put this team into good shape for a long time
========= END OF 2ND TIER =================
8) :STL: - Cardinals in top 8 without Pujols or Carpenter?  Paul played his own version of money ball and kept this team a competitor
9) :CIN: - Dan has an excellent front of the rotation, a decent infield, and a potentially powerful outfield
10) :TOR: - The Blue Jays are always in the shadows of the Red Sox and Yankees.  Daniel has improved the offense greatly, but the pitching is suspect and star batters will have to pick up their OBP.
11) :LAD: - I think M.J. knows his Dodgers will take a step back this year, but this team is seriously loaded for the future.
12) :PIT: - I put my Pirates here because I believe I have an above average rotation and a more than capable (not overly powerful) offense.
13) :CLE: - Chad's team is a strange mix that will sit in the middle of the rankings until I see how they come together.  Hopefully, Votto saw a shrink in the off-season.
========= END OF 3RD TIER =================
14) :TEX: - Andrus and Sizemore were brought in by Ray to hit with Young, Borbon, Jones, and Davis.  Which versions of these players will we see in 2010?
15) :SF: - Kris will need many players to bounce back from down seasons as Sandoval and Cain can't do it alone
16) :SEA: - That rotation could be up with the A's, Phillies, and Red Sox if they are healthy.
17) :NYM: - The Mets have a solid rotation and a mixed bag of veteran hitters
18) :MIN: - Some allstars on offense, an above average rotation, but a few missing pieces (infield?)
19) :ATL: Braves made a push for the Phillies in the East last year, but I say they regress due to organizational changes.  Jon's team will be much better in 2011 though.
20) :FL: - Marlins are similar to the Braves but without the prospects.  Hank needs to update that depth chart so that we can have a better feel for his team.
21) :CHW: - I will probably bump Rick's White Sox up, but the farm looks good
22) :ARZ: - Lucas needs to post a depth chart as there are allstars hidden on his team.  I will probably adjust the D'Backs the next time I do this.
========= END OF 4TH TIER =================
23) :DET: - Jeff came in later in the off-season... team has plenty of veterans but no more Miggy.  Jackson, Nolasco, Wieters all a plus though
24) :TB: - Rays are forced to make tough decisions on players wanting big money
25) :CHC: - Mike cleaned house financially and has a load of prospects and some capable veterans.  He may surprise a few people in 2010.
26) :WAS: - Jake moved down the power rankings to take a franchise with young talent that is looking nowhere but up
========= END OF 5TH TIER =================
27) :BAL: - This team has a couple top prospects and a few allstars but a lot of missing pieces
28) :HOU: - Offense is over the hill, team has two very capable starters but that's it
29) :KC: - Team is building up a solid core of top prospects
30) :SD: - I have to question Greg's committment here as the Padres' roster is suffering
========= END OF 6TH TIER =================
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

lp815

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »
Good rankings, Colb.  I'd prolly put my team a few pegs lower.  Is there a "cellar" tier?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ChinMusic

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »
Great rankings Colby. Never mind the divisions and playoffs, the real push is to climb the Colby Power Rankings this season.

Good of you to put your opinion out there like that, now you know how Funston feels. Although I agree with your rankings more than some of his big board placings.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »
Great rankings Colby. Never mind the divisions and playoffs, the real push is to climb the Colby Power Rankings this season.

Good of you to put your opinion out there like that, now you know how Funston feels. Although I agree with your rankings more than some of his big board placings.

I'll post a final preseason edition in two weeks and try to update it every couple weeks or so.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Bronx Bombers

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »
I am looking to get the Angels up to at least #4 in these rankings... maybe into the top three! :win:  WORLD SERIES RUN here I come!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE GMs >> 2024 expiring contracts may now be extended, youve got all year for those.. but why wait? The price can only go up.
    Yesterday at 01:06:20 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE GMs >> resign values are found here [link] (scroll down)
    Yesterday at 01:07:45 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE GMs >> Your teams contracts can be found here [link] (click on your team logo)
    Yesterday at 01:09:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 06:45:08 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayard a ballers pm
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 06:57:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayareaballers pm
    Yesterday at 06:58:27 PM
  • indiansnation: braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 06:58:55 PM
  • indiansnation: Bayarea ballers back at u
    Yesterday at 07:21:45 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: back at u
    Yesterday at 07:27:41 PM
    Yesterday at 07:41:48 PM
  • Daddy: Pm Brian
    Yesterday at 07:46:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: pm brian
    Yesterday at 07:48:12 PM
  • Daddy: Facebook? Who has time for Fakebook? I dont even have a page. Just dont have time :agent: . What they be doing there? :rofl:
    Yesterday at 07:49:24 PM
  • Daddy: Tictoc has peoples brains mushy. They keep you scrolling. Then well. You get to keep scrolling. And in the end... More scrolling? People said video games made you dumb. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 07:51:54 PM
    Yesterday at 08:03:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: seen abt to posty
    Yesterday at 08:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: posted
    Yesterday at 08:07:10 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you got a NHL trade posted up. Did you trade in two leagues?
    Yesterday at 08:51:03 PM
  • Daddy: Oh nvm you made two NHL Trades
    Yesterday at 08:51:36 PM
  • Braves155: Already 2 deals Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:12:52 PM
  • Daddy: He needs help @Braves. Trade addiction hotline. He just doesn't love Fakebook or TicTok. Brian is addicted to trading.
    Yesterday at 09:39:23 PM
  • Daddy: "1-800-LIVEGMS" - is here for your addiction.
    Yesterday at 09:41:08 PM
  • Daddy: We got Fat traders... Skinny traders... We got wee little traders & Giant ego traders. Our slogan? "We be trading Crap nonstop".
    Yesterday at 09:43:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 10:13:45 PM
  • Braves155: Replied
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy message on fantrax
    Today at 02:29:05 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Today at 09:08:41 AM
  • TheGOAT: Are you posting jmntl?
    Today at 10:42:38 AM
  • TheGOAT: nevermind
    Today at 10:46:33 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Which 2025 1st is being moved? Im assuming Detroit original
    Today at 10:53:10 AM
  • TheGOAT: I believe it is the Detroit's original one
    Today at 11:05:54 AM
  • jmntl82: Yeah the original
    Today at 11:24:30 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Roger
    Today at 11:54:51 AM
  • Daddy: Welp... There goes my draft picks boyz. Hit me up next year. :)
    Today at 12:45:22 PM
  • jmntl82: Is there a trade addiction meeting somewhere I can sign up for?
    Today at 01:02:23 PM
  • jmntl82: It has been one hour ish since my last trade
    Today at 01:02:36 PM
  • Daddy: Looking at our recent transactions you too need therapy. The trade addiction pandemic is real.
    Today at 01:04:51 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Lmaoo I think I got the case of briantradeitis
    Today at 02:38:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: After what Ive been doing in NHL live
    Today at 02:38:18 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around all day. Will be on the SS later doing some matching but always around
    Today at 02:39:13 PM
  • Daddy: We havent hit the official start date but NHL LIVE is up and running, fully functional with 28 pre-signed owners. Weve got 4 open teams despite over 100,000+ views on just the bullpen sign up sheet.
    Today at 02:46:34 PM
  • Daddy: Once teams are gone, they are gone.
    Today at 02:47:29 PM
  • Daddy: Focus now goes to NCAA LIVE >> NBA LIVE >> NCAA Hoops LIVE
    Today at 02:48:24 PM
  • Daddy: Thats 160 teams in case you were wondering. Across 2 sports. Impossible? Just watch.
    Today at 02:49:56 PM
  • OUDAN: Soooooo ready for NCAA and NBA. Ive never been in an NCAA league that worked but I trust you
    Today at 03:00:41 PM
  • Daddy: And i will not let you down sir. On my everything i will not let you down. :toth:
    Today at 03:34:14 PM
  • Bigdon: Has nba live started yet
    Today at 04:45:48 PM
  • Daddy: You will see it in fantrax once it starts. We are at the "pre" signup stage. Just got the boards up.
    Today at 04:50:52 PM
  • Daddy: Setting up leagues from scratch takes a little time. Took a few months to get NHL set up correctly and operational.
    Today at 04:52:25 PM