Dynasty NHL

Author Topic: 1/2 Way There POWER RANKINGS  (Read 817 times)

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
1/2 Way There POWER RANKINGS
« on: March 11, 2013, 12:50:42 PM »
Orange Teams = Playoff Teams
Purple Teams = Bubble Teams

1.  St. Louis Blues (11-3) previous 1  -  Still crushing faces and being a total fantasy hockey boss.  If a defensive group could ever be compared to The Fellowship of the Ring it would be this group.  They are just massively prolific and represent 4 of the top 11 fantasy producers.   Sadly, in an anticlimactic fashion, old age or being traded to the Islanders will more probably derail their careers instead of orcs, wraiths, or an all seeing eye.

2.  Carolina Hurricanes  (10-4) previous 3 -  Uniting the Staal brothers is apparently like putting the Wonder Twins in the same room.  Eric has once again taken the form of a dominant gargolye of a hockey player that is the stuff of opponents darkest nightmares.  Side note I went after 2 highly touted overseas players in Cervenka and Fasth, put all my eggs in Cervenka's basket and he has repaid me with 8 points in 19 games.  Snugerud got Fasth who set an NHL record for most consecutive wins to start their NHL career.  I think we all know won out on that.    :puke:

3.   Detroit Red Wings  (9-5) previous 1 -   The pressure of wearing the crown has gotten to the Red Wings.  6-0 to start the season and now mired in a 3-5 slump, but to be fair he is getting clubbed with the 4th highest fantasy points against.  Clearly folks are getting up to play the Red Wings.  People havn't gotten this excited to play against someone since someone realized that lonely gamer guys will pay money to play Modern Warfare with girls over the internet.  Millions of premature...... deaths ensued. 

4.  Colorado Avalanche  (10-4) previous 6  -  Getzlaf is having a bonkers season and just got paid like a man who put his country on his back and won the gold medal olympic game in overtime resulting in a lifelong pickup line that works 100% of the time, everytime, which is good because Malkin can't stay healthy to save my life.  Please Malkin, I've got alot of food money riding on you.  Side Note:  Viktor Fasth came out and said he was ok with the Taliban.  Good Job Snugerud you are harboring a terrorist on your team. 

5.  Anaheim Ducks  (11-3) previous 4  -  A week after scoring the most points in a regular length week of any team this year (naturally the week I play them) they fell asleep and lost to the Blackhawks, but hell who hasn't done that yet?  This is to be expected from a team whose average age makes them legally not allowed to go to the place their opponents say their moms' work, or even understand the specifics of what those vile men said they did to them in the champagne room. 

6.  Boston Bruins (10-4) previous 13  -  The biggest mover upper has been Boston.  Starting out 2-4 they have ripped off 8 straight wins and they gave up pretty much no major pieces to get Daniel Sedin and make a deep run at the cup.  They play 5 games this week, so chalk up 2 more wins to make 10 in a row (just checked I play them  :doh:).  The Markstrom era started about as well as anyone could have hoped for, except for the 1-3 record under .900 save % and over 3.00 GA.

7.  Chicago Blackhawks  (10-4) previous 5  -  It has finally happened.  Steve Mason is the backup.  He lost his job to you know the guy the Jackets went out and traded for in the offseason, because why give that guy the job when you could just force feed starts to Mason who has been the worst goalie for 2 straight years.  Imagine the Incredible Hulk show, Mason is just walking away into a sunset with that sad sad music....  I bet he could pawn that Calder Trophy for a real nice hat to keep from getting sun burnt.   Also, Hanzal most definitely left the ice and hit Benn in the head and should've been lit up with a suspension. 

8.  Tampa Bay Lightning (7-7) previous 8 -  The Toronto Blue Jays of our Hockey League.  They just have so many tough teams in their division, but they keep on keeping on.  It is pretty rough for them to get a playoff birth because they won't win the division and are 200 FPtsF behind the Red Wings.  Still, this isn't a team you want to see on your schedule after going up and over 220 Fantasy Points last week.  Chris Kunitz is going all He-Man Master of the Universe on the NHL. 

9.  Toronto Maple Leafs (6-8) previous 9 -  The first representative of the depressing Canadian division.  This team has more ups and downs than Lindsay Lohan, who is admittedly much more down than up and is just on this side of becoming an adult actress.  Either way they are my pick to take the divison.  They score oodles of points but have run into some buzz saw teams in the Blues, Bruins and Blackhawks recently to keep their record low.  Nazem Kadri is like Rocky, he took so many Brian Burke punches to his ego and pride and now has his hands raised at the top of the stairs!

10.  Philadelphia Flyers (8-6) previous 12  Moving ON UP!  To a possible could be playoff spot!  They are just lying in wait under Boston, biding their time for a chance to strike, which is eerily similar to what Duchene did.  Took 2012 off and let O'Reily pick up his slack.  While O'Reily was playing real life Let's Make a Deal, Duchene remembered he liked being good at hockey and is a beast again.  Apparently having your wrists broken by Crosby is not beneficial to you.  Welcome to being a superstar Giroux.

11.  Edmonton Oilers (7-7) previous 7   -  These old boots have fallen on hard times with an 1-6 recent record.  Like that shiny penny you found and rubbed dull the Oilers have lost their luster.  They might say well that is because 6 of my players are out with injuries and I'd say Lemieux didn't complain when he scored 199 points in a season while sick with cancer!  Sack up and play like a champion.

12.  Montreal Canadiens  (6-8) previous unranked -  So you're saying there's a chance?  Yes Canadiens you are still very much in it to win the Canadian division.  Currently playing the role of the middle child, not young enough to warrant attention and not old enough to be doing anything cool.  Get this guy some people who are playing in the NHL right now and they are dangerous, but with 5 guys on the starting 30 still in the minors and add 4 more injuries that is like playing with 2/3 of a team.  A team to look out for if you are in their division when Sharp and Khabibulin come back. 

Other Teams: 

Kings -  you are breaking my heart!  I had such high hopes but lady luck is sleeping in the beds of your competitors this year.  They just lost to the Red Wings by .4 fantasy points.  or as my dad would say "a very small amount" (no catchphrase that is just what he would've said about that).

Penguins -  This team is going to be scary the rest of the way.  I think they have to big a hole to climb out of for a playoff spot, but wow are they set for the future.   

Winipeg Jets -  I have been watching you and anyone that beats the Blues gets a tip of the cap from me.  All the trades they made, and probably some they didn't have them as a team that could push for a spot next year.  Who would've thought Jiri Tlusty was going to be so good?  Not me that is why I dropped him.  Double damn.

Everyone else I'll see you on the coliseum battle grounds that is fantasy hockey.   
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
Re: 1/2 Way There POWER RANKINGS
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 01:29:39 PM »
I have to play Carolina and St Louis this week.  So it's nice of you to put this out now instead of next week when I might plummet in the standings again!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »
But it is nice that the Bruins have 5 games this week!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »
i foresaw Tlusty firing it up this year but unfortunately Winnipeg wouldnt trade him to me when I tried before the season started grrrrrrrr. 

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 01:45:36 PM »
I have to say , I thought extending Kunitz that I would be way overpaying for him. I would now like to punch myself in the duder for not extending him.  Sometimes I think I should take up collecting pogs instead of this playing fantasy hockey.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline shooter47

• MVP
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »
Blues will be lucky to go 1-1 this week. Boston should have around 20 more games then me this week which will make that a tough matchup to win.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Gilly

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 5
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »
pisssst they didnt give major pieces but they did give what we needed for our future :)
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »
pisssst they didnt give major pieces but they did give what we needed for our future :)

Johansen is going to break out soon and you'll all be laughing at me.  I knew this going into the trade talks!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tyler

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 02:19:34 PM »
Next time do the rankings after I put up the most points not fall asleep at the wheel lol
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »

For sure the deal was good for both of you.  I just meant the Bruins weren't going to win any games this year on the performances of draft picks for next year, so they are set to win now.  Sort of how the Maple Leafs traded 2 1st round picks for Kessel to win now.  Rob can hope he isn't the Maple Leafs in this situation. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    April 17, 2024, 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    April 17, 2024, 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    April 17, 2024, 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    April 17, 2024, 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    April 17, 2024, 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    April 17, 2024, 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    April 17, 2024, 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    April 17, 2024, 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    April 17, 2024, 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    April 17, 2024, 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    April 17, 2024, 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 11:00:36 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS looking very tough for one team :ANA: 155.05 v 236.25 :NYR: with only today's games left to plan. :judge: [link]
    Yesterday at 10:44:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:30:53 PM