Author Topic: MLB Team Expected Fantasy Production  (Read 530 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
  • Founder
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
MLB Team Expected Fantasy Production
« on: April 23, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »
It's tough to judge fantasy squads in April.  It is also tough to judge MLB teams.  However, some teams might be ready for a change of pace in their record in which you, the fantasy GM, should take note for some of your players.  Here is a fun version of power rankings organizing teams, 1st through 30th, on their likelihood of winning going forward.

1) :LAA: Los Angeles Angels (6-10) - Expect the wins to come along in a big way Mr. Pujols.
2) :DET: Detroit Tigers (10-6) - This team has been a preseason favorite for MLB and fantasy GMs alike.  They are in 1st place by just a half game, but will keep up the pace thanks to MVP and Cy Young candidates.
3) :TEX: Texas Rangers (13-3) - All the fantasy power is in the AL, and the Rangers will always hit.  They aren't going to keep up this pace, but should stick as one of the top teams going foward thanks to Hamilton, Young, and company.
4) :NYY: New York Yankees (9-6) - Bronx Bombers are tied with a bunch of other AL East teams early (not the Red Sox).  They have A-Rod, Teixeira, Granderson, and Sabathia - all fantasy MVPs in the making.
5) :BOS: Boston Red Sox (4-10) - They are going to win games, but the players they rely on will change.  Ryan Sweeney will not continue that .390 average of his, and neither will David Ortiz hit at a .439 clip.  Ortiz' power should pick up from the 24 HR pace that he has now.
6) :PHI: Philadelphia Phillies (7-9) - The Phillies can move up higher as we gear closer to the end of their players' DL stints.  Howard, Utley, and now Lee are the key cogs out of this lineup/rotation.  Halladay and Hamels hold down the fort while no position player hits over .300 this early in the season.
7) :CHW: Chicago White Sox (9-6) - This team has underperformed in the past year or two and is showign what it can do this year.  They won't keep up with the Tigers, but plenty of opportunities exist.  Scope the FA wire for people who have dropped Ramirez or Dunn.
8) :CIN: Cincinnati Reds (7-9) - My placement of the Reds here is an advertisement to buy... they have key players that are waiting to produce.
9) :LAD: Los Angeles Dodgers (12-4) - I like the Dodgers.  They have Kershaw and Kemp, but the production of the supporting lineup will not continue for Magic's new team.
10) :SF: San Francisco Giants (7-7) - Lincecum hasn't started that hot, and their bats will put together a streak if past is any indication.  Watch out for key Giants on the waiver wire.
11) :MIA-MLB: Miami Marlins (7-8) - All eyes are on the left side of that infield.
12) :TB: Tampa Bay Rays (9-7) - The pitching staff is phenominal... expect great returns from them for the 2012 season.
13) :ARZ: Arizona Diamondbacks (8-8) - Could expect some improvement in their pitching.
14) :MIL: Milwaukee Brewers (7-9) - I am not as high on the Brewers as others are... just wait and see.
15) :COL: Colorado Rockies (8-7) - Playing right where they are expected with that pitching staff.
16) :WAS: Washington Nationals (12-4) - I am a believer in the Nats.  Their pitching can almost keep up with the Phillies, but they can out-hit them and everyone else in the NL East when all is going well.  However, these wins won't continue, and many of the young guys are due for a bad streak putting this team in the lower 15.
17) :STL: St. Louis Cardianls (11-5) - They capitalize on other teams' mistakes and are playing great right now, but they're going to regress.
18) :ATL: Atlanta Braves (10-6) - They have gone 8-2 in their past 10... the 2-8 streak is coming.  Start the stars and that's it.
19) :CLE: Cleveland Indians (8-6) - Indians played well early on last season relying on a rag-tag group.  Their placement in these rankings depends on the likes of Hannahan... how is that going to work out?
20) :NYM: New York Mets (8-6) - We have seen David Wright produce in the past, but will his .439/.510/.610 line continue?  Nope.
21) :PIT: Pittsburgh Pirates (6-9) - The pitching has been there once again this season giving away to plenty of FA pickups in fantasy leagues.  The problem is the offense, and that is unlikely to improve outside of McCutchen (0 HR, 2 RBI).
22) :KC: Kansas City Royals (3-12) - Wins are coming which means improved production for Gordon, Jonathan Sanchez, and other big contracts.
23) :TOR: Toronto Blue Jays (9-6) - Toronto will fall.
24) :SEA: Seattle Mariners (7-10) - Seattle is likely to do a bit worse than .412 ball and 3rd in the division.  Hoping Ackley will heat up... otherwise this team should be closer to the bottom.
25) :OAK: Oakland Athletics (8-9) - Cespedes could turn out to be the real deal, but I am selling here.
26) :MIN: Minnesota Twins (5-11) - What worries me is that the Twinkies are hitting very well, but their record is only 5-11.  Sell, sell, sell.
27) :SD: San Diego Padres (5-12) - There is some small-ball production and great home-field pitching in San Diego.
28) :BAL: Baltimore Orioles (9-7) - Winning record in April.  We have seen that before... Andino and Jones #'s will regress a bit.
29) :CHC: Chicago Cubs (4-12) - The Cubs' real-life and fantasy production will do slightly better than worst in the league.
30) :HOU: Houston Astros (6-10) - They already have too many wins.  This team doesn't have enough veteran talent to produce with the rest of the bigs.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: If you like sports and like dynasty. And you arent in LIVE... You aint hurting me none. You just wont know how good you really are. Pretending to be the best, isnt being the best.
    April 27, 2024, 10:33:55 PM
  • Daddy: The "best GMs" seek the best competition. Period.
    April 27, 2024, 10:38:07 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL Carolina Hurricanes welcome new owners MooseMan & GoForth :CAR-NHL: [link] :CAR-NHL:
    April 28, 2024, 01:44:14 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here to talk
    April 28, 2024, 10:25:28 PM
  • dbreer23: PM Mt_Crushmore
    Yesterday at 12:58:42 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pm DBreer23
    Yesterday at 01:30:41 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE updates are happening on fantrax and profsl.
    Yesterday at 02:49:06 PM
  • Daddy: Check your profiles on each site and pms to be sure you are caught up but more updates are coming its a massive league and its a busy time.
    Yesterday at 02:50:11 PM
  • Daddy: NFL/NCAA LIVE football commith.
    Yesterday at 02:51:48 PM
  • Daddy: Recruiting begins June 1
    Yesterday at 02:52:19 PM
  • Daddy: Draft is August 1
    Yesterday at 02:52:40 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE Draft [link] one week after MLB Draft is set and locked in.
    Yesterday at 02:55:01 PM
  • Daddy: Huge NFL LIVE trade up in the draft.
    Yesterday at 03:35:50 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both teams
    Yesterday at 03:36:00 PM
  • Daddy: @Sky welcome back to profsl. @indiansnation @Brent are two GMs that i know remember you on site. There are probably many others. Big time return. :toast:
    Yesterday at 06:05:28 PM
  • Sky: :) Thanks Daddy! You pulled me back in lol
    Yesterday at 06:58:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any talks
    Yesterday at 08:16:52 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Vegeta100 PM'D you.
    Yesterday at 09:51:48 PM
  • Daddy: There are pms flying all over the place and trades happening in multiple sports.
    Yesterday at 11:16:34 PM
  • Daddy: Dont let the clean boards fool you. :) Run those teams and dominate somebody.
    Yesterday at 11:17:59 PM
  • Daddy: There goes another trade. Congratulations to the trading teams.
    Yesterday at 11:20:39 PM
  • Daddy: Sky you old sly devil you. You been back on site 15 minutes :rofl:
    Yesterday at 11:21:27 PM
  • Sky: :) why wait. got players I like
    Yesterday at 11:22:17 PM
  • Brent: Sky, Welcome back.  PM sent.
    Yesterday at 11:29:45 PM
  • Daddy: I knew @Brent would approve.
    Yesterday at 11:30:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Im glad your guys dont like my minors exspecially this guy
    Today at 12:20:25 AM
  • indiansnation: Tugboat' joins lofty company on 15-K night Wilkinson twirls six hitless innings for Single-A Lynchburg
    Today at 12:20:31 AM
  • indiansnation: P   Matt Wilkinson
    Today at 12:21:09 AM
  • indiansnation: I love my indians pitchers cant wait to they make it to mlb roster
    Today at 12:21:57 AM
  • Daddy: I changed your name to the Guardians and i tried to change your profile name to Guardiansnation but it wouldn't let me.
    Today at 12:23:23 AM
  • indiansnation: [link]
    Today at 12:23:47 AM
  • dbreer23: 6'1" 270 lbs - ding, ding!
    Today at 12:23:49 AM
  • Daddy: You dinosaur
    Today at 12:23:52 AM
  • indiansnation: Guardians might bot draft great hitters but guardians have one of the best pitching farms in mlb
    Today at 12:24:46 AM
  • indiansnation: And he was draft in10th round in 2023 draft
    Today at 12:25:37 AM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE all that matters. I'd rather win the LIVE Championship than see the Phillies win the WS #Factz
    Today at 12:26:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Thats why the vet gms pn this site do so good with their minors they spend alot of time reasearching
    Today at 12:26:58 AM
  • Daddy: I did one. I watched the other. Im a doing kind of guy first.
    Today at 12:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Well daddy dont get your hopes up this yr u ate not going to win it
    Today at 12:27:37 AM
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    Today at 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    Today at 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    Today at 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    Today at 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    Today at 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    Today at 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    Today at 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    Today at 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    Today at 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Today at 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    Today at 09:21:41 PM