Dynasty NHL

Author Topic: 2016/2017 Awards Voting  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
2016/2017 Awards Voting
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »
-The Presidents' Trophy (team w/ best record)
:STL-NHL: - shooter47

- The Art Ross Trophy (team w/ most fantasy points)

- The Prognosticator Award (winner of rankings context)

Please vote:

-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM)

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers)

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings)

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings)

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen)

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies)

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:55:04 PM by Rob »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: 2016/2017 Awards Voting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)  Gypsie or shooter

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) - Boston rob for one of the biggest jumps in performance from last year to this year.

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers)  Washington, tough well balanced deep down the center.

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) Vancouver

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) St. Louis, 3 in the top 20 skaters

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) St. Louis again with 4 in the top 20

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) Buffalo with the best duo out there in Talbot and bobo.

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) Chicago, dropping from top 5 last year to currently 14th spot and losing over 1500ftps total from last year.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline shooter47

• MVP
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:10:35 PM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board) :CAR-NHL: Gypsie

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :BUF-NHL: - Made the jump from the 10th seed last year in the playoffs to winning their division and the #3 seed this year.

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :ANA: - Seguin, Tavares & Bergeron make a pretty good trio at Center

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :DET-NHL: - Granlund, Panarin, Zetterberg & Voracek are a pretty good top 4 Left Wing

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :VAN: - Kucherov, Pastrnak & Drouin is a great trio at Right Wing

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :CAR-NHL: - Brett Burns is off the charts right now and Carolina follows him up with Seth Jones, Jared Spurgeon & Jeff Petry for a great top 4

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :BUF-NHL: - Talbot and Bobrovsky are the best goalie duo in the league

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :PHI-NHL: - Stamoks getting injured made this team slip from a sure playoff team to just missing the playoffs

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:13:26 PM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)
3 teams in the mix for this award in my mind.  Carolina, Vancouver and Chicago.  This year my vote goes to :CHI-NHL:.  Anthony finds himself in rebuild mode after 5 seasons as a front runner.  Good old father time caught up with a lot of his guys.  Anthony's been wheeling and dealing all season and has been on top of, and in the mix for, every up and comer and newly minted 40GPers.  And he's put himself in good shape to turn around his squad for another run at the top. Good stuff.

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM)
I usually look at 2 different types of teams for this award.  The "turnaround" team where they missed the playoffs last year but improved so much that they're in contention this year.  Then I look at the wire to wire teams like St Louis and Vancouver.  So there's quite a few teams in the mix for me.  As far as turnaround teams, we have Boston, Edmonton and Colorado.  Boston went from 15th last year to 7th this year, scored 12% more points and posted 11 more wins than last year.  Edmonton went from 13th to 4th, 12% more points and 7 more wins.  Colorado went from 12th to 5th, 24% more points and 10 more wins.  Given the huge increase in FP from last year to this year, I would lean towards Colorado from this group. 

Having said all that - this year my vote goes to :STL-NHL:.  And the thing that pushes Shooter over the top for me is a move he made last year.  Shooter was in the middle of a playoff race, in our toughest division by far, but still he pulled the trigger on a deal sending both Evander Kane and Steven Stamkos, two top scorers in the league, to Philly at the trade deadline in February.  This could have been viewed as giving up on the 15/16 season, which was not the case, the Blues made the semi-finals last year and finished 4th overall.  This move helped the Blues avoid cap jail in the offseason and put together a monster team this year, which put up the most wins and the most FP in the league.  Brilliant.

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers)
:ANA: Seguin, Tavares, Bergeron

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings)
:DET-NHL: Granlund, Panarin, Zetterberg (Look out for Vegas in future years with Laine and Ehlers)

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings)
:VAN: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Drouin

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen)
:CAR-NHL: Burns, Jones, Spurgeon, Petry.  Perhaps we rename this award to the "Whoever has Brent Burns" Award.

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies)
:BUF-NHL: The Talbot/Bobrovsky tandem is lethal.

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team)
Tough one this year.  Philly had more points than Detroit and still missed the playoffs.  BUT, my buddy papps wasn't as on top of his lineups as he could have been.  If he had been, he probably makes the playoffs and likely playing my Bruins and talking all sorts of trash.  Also papps didn't learn his lesson about depth after last year.... My vote is going to :WAS-NHL: this year.  Brian loaded up in FA and he fell flat on his face.  Nothing worked out right for him. I think everyone in the world thought Loui Eriksson's stats would take a nice bump since he was getting away from the fantasy killer coach that is Claude Julien... Not the case.  Epic fail. Dumpster fire.  If it's any consolation, we all thought that team was good before the season, you weren't the only one - check the ranking contest. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:06:38 PM by Rob »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 05:03:33 PM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)  - Shooter keeps me on my toes by fact checking my posts.  I am frequently incorrect.

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) - Would've given it to Capn, but he picked up Di Giuseppe, so it then defaults to Shooter for having the best team

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers)  - Anaheim wins it for me with Tavares, Bergeron and Seguin

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) - Vancouver with Evander Kane, Drouin, Kreider, and Hoffman

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) - St. Louis is all over this one

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) - Hurricanes, can't beat Burns.  You can only hope he is on your team.

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) - Kings have Price, Murray and Quick

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) - Has to be Capitals.  If you bet before the year that Varlamov would be a nobody, Eriksson would disappear on a line with the Sedins, Krejci would forget how to shoot the puck, and Burakovsky would still be getting rookie minutes you would be sitting on a golden toilet for the rest of your days.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board) :VAN: Couldn't turn around without seeing Cally's name pop up on the board

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :STL-NHL: - For most of the year it was who was going to be able to beat Vancouver, and St. Louis was able to sneakily be the top team with the most points and is the favorite for the cup now

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :ANA: - Seguin, Tavares & Bergeron

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :DET-NHL: - Granlund, Panarin & Zetterberg

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :STL-NHL: - Nino, Tarasenko, Zucker

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :CAR-NHL: - Brett Burns, nothing else necessary.

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :BUF-NHL: - Talbot and Bobrovsky

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :PHI-NHL: - Put all his eggs in one basket of star players and no depth and a few injuries derailed that.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline dedreger

• All-Star
    • :NYR:
    • :Illinois:
    • :BVB:
    • :WAS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 06:41:23 PM »
The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board) :CAR-NHL: Gypsie, you should create an online tip jar for the power rankings posts.  I think it'd get a lot of traffic.  (Rob, I think a tip jar for you would see some traffic too.)

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :STL-NHL: - High quality roster everywhere you look, including minors ... that doesn't just happen by itself.  Shooter's done fantastic work for years to put that together.

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :ANA: - Seguin, Tavares, Bergeron

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :DET-NHL: - Granlund, Panarin, Zetterberg, Voracek

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :VAN: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Drouin ... and, of course, Phil Di Giuseppe.

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :CAR-NHL: - Burns, Jones, Faulk, Spurgeon

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :BUF-NHL: - Bobrovsky, Talbot (and I'm a fan of Copley and Shesterkin on the minors roster.)   If Quick had been healthy this year, I might have been a jerk and voted for myself, though.

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :WAS-NHL: - Was good last year, and should have been *at least* somewhat improved this year.  Guys all over the roster produced worse than expected.  It was all downside surprises and no upside surprises.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jlapo11

• MVP
    • :STL-NHL:
    • :MON-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board) - :CAR-NHL: I like the power rankings. :BOS-NHL: is also very active

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) - :BOS-NHL: for his jump from last year - 15th place to 7th place

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) - :ANA: Seguin, Tavares, Bergeron

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) - :VAN: with with Evander Kane, Drouin, Kreider, and Hoffman

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) - :STL-NHL: wtih Tara, Zucker, Okposo Neiderreiter

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) - :STL-NHL: with Weber, Giordano, Shat, Pietra, Josi, Hedman etc. :CAR-NHL: has Burns but I prefer the :STL-NHL: overall D-core

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :BUF-NHL: (if I can vote for myself). If not :LAK:

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) - :BOS-NHL: by losing the last 2 head-to-head matchup in the last week of the regular season = losing the 3rd seed = missing the bye for the playoffs = beat in first matchup playoff
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:39:49 AM by jlapo11 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tyler

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »

The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board) :CAR-NHL: & :BOS-NHL:

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :BOS-NHL:

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :ANA:

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :DET-NHL:

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :VAN:

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :CAR-NHL:

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :BUF-NHL:

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :WAS-NHL:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Capn Cally

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 10
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :VAN:
    • :VAN-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 07:20:29 PM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board): :BOS-NHL: / :CAR-NHL:
Rob gets a nomination due to his activity/cleaning things up and updating spreadsheets, among his numerous comments.
Corey gets a nomination for his updates, power rankings, and comments. Those power rankings though.... Where does he come up with some of the content? Haha. Amazing.

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM): :BOS-NHL:
I have to give this to Rob. I'm not sure many of us gave his Bruins a chance at being in the top third of the league prior to the season, but somehow his GM skills enabled him to do just that.... And that was with him trading away Pastrnak to get Vessey! (Haha! Although yeah he also got a ton of picks with Vess).

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers): :ANA:
This one is closer than people may think...
Having Seguin and Tavares. plus Bergeron's output this year, with all three in the top-14 for C rankings right now gives ANA the edge.
Philly was very close - Geno, Pavelski and Couture are a great trio as well including the 2nd and 4th ranked C's with Couture at 16th. But the drop-off from those 3 to the 4th/5th C is a lot more than ANA's, as ANA has Hertl and Pageau at over 2.2pts/game, versus Cousins and Shore, both under 1.6/game.

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings): :DET-NHL:
There are three teams who qualify seriously for this one (DET, STL, VAN), but the rankings don't lie and that gives the award to DET.
STL and VAN had 4 guys in or close to the top-40, but DET has 4 guys in the top-33: Granlund, Panarin, Zetterberg, Voracek.

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings): :VAN:
It's close between VAN and STL.
I have to give myself the nomination here. ONLY based on the fact that Hoffman recently got RW elig. (I didn't even notice until I was looking up rankings).
That gives me 2 of the top 4 (Kucherov, Pastrnak), 3 of the top-21 RW's (as of Mar.14 pre-games), and 4 of the top-50 adding Drouin.
Also having Gallagher as a 4th (who's been injured most of the season) isn't too bad... (and don't forget about Di Giuseppe!)

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen): :CAR-NHL:
Carolina is all over this one. Sadly I must say. Only a couple years removed from having the best D core, and then Brent Burns shows up to play. And Spurgeon and Jones emerge.
But seriously, this isn't even close. The #1 D by a TON, and then oh, just 5 of the top-30 ranked D. (Where did Jeff Petry come from? Hands up if you had Petry ranked ahead of Justin Faulk - Faulk with a "U" too!)

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies): :BUF-NHL:
So goalie depth is great and all, but we only start 2. And Buffalo has THE top-2 goalies in the league. Both have been healthy, and both have put up over 320 points. Only 3 goalies have done so this far. Really though...Buffalo only needed 2 goalies for those two roster spots this year. Chad Johnson had a nice stretch this year for Buffalo as well, although he's been relegated to nothingness once again.
Surprisingly enough, I would give 2nd place to EDM or COL over LA though. Andersen and Rinne at 4th and 10th, or Dubnyk and Budaj at 3rd and 13th is better than Price and Murray at 6th and 17th. Yes LA has Quick, but in terms of this season, he's only played 7 games (also why Budaj is ranked 13th overall).

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team): ????
I never know who to put for this one. Maybe it's too early to tell.
What if VAN or STL get knocked out in this week's playoffs, does that count as unlucky, after being great all throughout the season?
I don't keep track of everyone else's rosters and injuries, but the award could go to a team who had a good team on paper prior to the season, but then got handed a lot of injures. (Thankfully that team wasn't me this year).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Baseball FRENZY never stops
    May 04, 2024, 04:28:04 PM
  • Daddy: Weve processed more baseball transactions in one month than i ever remember in any league but NFL LIVE. This is in all my years.
    May 04, 2024, 04:28:45 PM
  • Daddy: And.. thats the goal. If everyone is active and everyone is competitive that has always been the goal.
    May 04, 2024, 04:29:55 PM
  • Braves155: I'm around for talks
    May 04, 2024, 11:01:43 PM
  • dbreer23: bigfry pm
    May 04, 2024, 11:33:46 PM
  • DaveW: braves155 PM
    Yesterday at 08:55:17 AM
  • Braves155: Responded Dave
    Yesterday at 09:18:16 AM
  • Braves155: I'm around for any trade talks. MLB/NFL
    Yesterday at 10:26:07 AM
  • Braves155: PM MtCrushmore
    Yesterday at 10:36:45 AM
  • Braves155: PM Alpha5
    Yesterday at 11:15:16 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 pm
    Yesterday at 11:36:03 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to make a trade or 2
    Yesterday at 11:47:48 AM
  • indiansnation: Willing to listen to offers on turang 2bb
    Yesterday at 11:48:33 AM
  • Braves155: INdinsnation...I'm looking for another deal or 2 s well in MLB LIVE
    Yesterday at 12:29:05 PM
  • Daddy: Yall gonna be in trouble when the new NCAA football (EA Sports) drops next month on the PS5. That is the GOAT franchise.
    Yesterday at 12:50:37 PM
  • Braves155: Also - NFL LIVE...LFG! Looking to make a move or 2 as well guys!
    Yesterday at 12:51:37 PM
  • indiansnation: Davew pm
    Yesterday at 01:28:18 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 send u trade offer u never got back to me
    Yesterday at 01:29:02 PM
  • IndianaBuc: Braves155 PM
    Yesterday at 01:44:32 PM
  • Braves155: Replied IndianaBuc. Indiansnation...will look thru my PMs
    Yesterday at 02:23:52 PM
  • DaveW: back to you Brian
    Yesterday at 02:28:48 PM
  • Braves155: Back Brian
    Yesterday at 02:30:33 PM
  • Daddy: If i have 10 top level AA prospects each in the top 10 of the franchise vs one middle of the road pitcher like Cal Quantrill (or pick a guy) which one of those two packages are more valuable?
    Yesterday at 02:39:26 PM
  • Daddy: If you think its the AA guys send me a pm.
    Yesterday at 02:40:07 PM
  • Daddy: Also... Ive got a nice private island full of beautiful women to sell you. Pay me upfront and i will send you its coordinates. We call it the Virgin Daddy Islands. $5k reserves it for your future.
    Yesterday at 02:41:59 PM
  • dbreer23: Take two to tango, though. Most owners with adequate or surplus SP aren't interested in prospects as they're trying to win now.
    Yesterday at 02:42:54 PM
  • Daddy: Agreed. But most does not equal all.
    Yesterday at 02:45:09 PM
  • Braves155: My issue in LIVE currently is having Strider/Alcantara/Giolito all on the long shelf, so I am more retooling than rebuilding
    Yesterday at 02:46:48 PM
  • Daddy: Also agreed. Top quality pitching probably means not much depth. A few injuries can challenge you. Pitching other than top end pitching has been devalued in fantasy. Everyone wants the stud.
    Yesterday at 02:49:24 PM
  • Braves155: But I myself could use some time on a nudie island with some hot women
    Yesterday at 02:49:45 PM
  • Daddy: I here to tell you that ALL major league pitching is good pitching. A great hitter beats a terrible pitcher just 3 out of 10 times. Which means the worst pitchers > the greatest hitters.
    Yesterday at 02:50:33 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any talks
    Yesterday at 03:25:59 PM
  • Brent: Greg Maddux had the best outlook.  He viewed himself as tye dealer/house and you had to beat him.  Just like in the casino, the house nearly always wins.
    Yesterday at 04:33:51 PM
  • Brent: He had that view b/c of his father who was a blackjack dealer in Vegas.
    Yesterday at 04:35:28 PM
  • Daddy: Yes @Brent!! That is it exactly. Pitching is the house & it always wins in the end.
    Yesterday at 05:15:18 PM
  • Daddy: There shouldn't be many innings available in FA in dynasty fantasy leagues IMO. Thats guaranteed money! To hell with High A ball.
    Yesterday at 05:21:23 PM
  • Daddy: Until someone starts a minor league baseball fantasy game or option. Maybe we can petition fantrax? I just dont think they will care for that.
    Yesterday at 05:23:07 PM
  • Daddy: Neither should we (so much). Every league i see is MLB.
    Yesterday at 05:24:17 PM
  • Daddy: Stcesorp meht kcuf
    Yesterday at 05:26:02 PM
  • Daddy: Stcepsorp*
    Yesterday at 05:26:33 PM
  • Braves155: The problem with the minors is not the system as a whole, it is some Farm Systems are more 'elite' at being able to produce talent than others. If you look across MLB teams you can pretty easily tell the great systems from the weaker systems and talent development
    Yesterday at 05:57:14 PM
  • Braves155: With regard to pitching in the Minors...there is  method to the madness. It is all about what you make of it tho. I agree that it can seem certain type arms in the minors are a dime a dozen
    Yesterday at 06:02:39 PM
  • Daddy: Mr Braves you are my guy. There isnt anything wrong with minor league studs or flops. I get it in REAL baseball.
    Yesterday at 06:20:28 PM
  • Daddy: This is fantasy baseball. We dont generate revenue selling prospects and merchandising. Our top farms dont get a write up in Sports Illustrated.
    Yesterday at 06:22:29 PM
  • Daddy: Load up on MLB guys, then near MLB guys, and only then is the quality of your prospects matter. Ya dig ;)
    Yesterday at 06:24:36 PM
  • Brent: I over value minors to a fault, but I am softening on that stance.
    Yesterday at 06:45:54 PM
  • dbreer23: @BigDon you around? Get a hold of me over at FT if you are.
    Yesterday at 08:22:38 PM
  • Daddy: Big ol NFL LIVE trade to get the day started on a Monday.
    Today at 11:03:41 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both GMs
    Today at 11:03:58 AM
  • Daddy: If anyone didnt know.. The Philadelphia Phillies are good at baseball :)
    Today at 11:14:22 AM