Author Topic: The Final Countdown  (Read 512 times)

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
The Final Countdown
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
This is the final week of the regular season!  We don't have much going on for a playoff race this year.  Philly and Detroit are battling for the final playoff seed.  Toronto is still in that conversation record-wise but needs to put up an astronomical number of points to overcome both Philly and Detroit.  The only division up for grabs is the Northeast with my Bruins having the edge matchup-wise. 

Good luck!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
Re: The Final Countdown
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
Should still be an interesting final week. Lots of important match ups that will determine the seeding in the playoffs.

1)   St. Louis    -    Locked in to 1st seed. Match ups with Buffalo and Edmonton this week will have an impact into playoff seeding.

2)   Vancouver    -    Locked in to 2nd seed. Match ups with Carolina and Vegas this week won't have a huge impact on playoff seeding.

3)   Boston    -    Currently a game ahead of Buffalo for the Northeast Division. Most likely to stay as the 3rd seed or fall to the 6th or 7th seed. Also a slim chance they could fall to the 8th seed. Boston has tough match ups with Los Angeles and Edmonton this week.

4)   Edmonton    -    Locked in to a first round bye for winning the Canada Division. Could move up to the 3rd seed. They have some tough matchups this week with St. Louis and Boston.

5)   Colorado    -    Currently a game ahead of Los Angeles for the 5th Seed. Likely to finish as the 5th seed or 6th seed. Could possibly fall to the 7th seed but would need to be passed in the standings by Los Angeles, Buffalo and Boston in the final week. That’s not going to happen though as they play Calgary and Vegas in the final week and should stay as the 5th seed.

6)   Los Angeles    -    Currently a game ahead of Buffalo for the 6th seed and final bye in the playoffs. Could finish anywhere from 5th seed to 8th seed. Tough match ups with Boston and Anaheim in the final week.

7)   Buffalo    -    Team with the greatest possible chance to move up or down in the final week. Currently sitting in the 7th seed. Easiest way to slide into the top 6 is to pass Boston and win the Northeast Division and claim the 3rd or 4th seed. Could also catch Los Angeles and slide into the 6th seed. Possibility also exists that they find themselves falling to the 8th seed in the final week and get a match up with defending Champ Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs. Tough match ups in the final week as Buffalo gets to play St. Louis and Philadelphia.

8)   Carolina    -    Currently the 8th seed in the playoffs and that is their most likely spot. They do have an outside chance at moving up to the 7th seed or possibly even the 6th seed if they can pass Buffalo and Los Angeles. Match ups for the final week include Washington and Vancouver.

9)   Anaheim    -    Locked in. Could catch Carolina in record but is way back in points. Match ups with Tampa Bay and Los Angeles in the final week. The match up with Los Angeles could have a huge impact on playoff seeding.

10)   Detroit    -    2 wins in the final week will clinch the 10th and final spot in the playoffs. A loss in the final week would open the doors for Philadelphia to sneak into the playoffs. Detroit has match ups with Toronto and Montreal to close the season.

11)   Philadelphia    -    Needs some help in the final week to get into the playoffs. Currently sit one game back of Detroit for the final playoff spot. Gets an easy match up with New York in the final week and a tough one with Buffalo.

12)   Toronto    -    Mathematically still alive for a playoff spot but needs to score a lot of points and get some help to catch Detroit and Philadelphia. Match ups with Detroit and Chicago in the final week will be must win games.

Match ups in the Final week that will have the biggest Impact on Playoff Seeding:
Detroit Red Wings   vs   Montreal Canadiens
Buffalo Sabres   vs   St. Louis Blues
Anaheim Ducks   vs   Los Angeles Kings
Edmonton Oilers   vs   Boston Bruins
Carolina Hurricanes   vs   Vancouver Canucks
Detroit Red Wings   vs   Toronto Maple Leafs
Buffalo Sabres   vs   Philadelphia Flyers
Edmonton Oilers   vs   St. Louis Blues
Boston Bruins   vs   Los Angeles Kings
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:04:11 PM »
Regarding the Northeast, last week's matchups were a pretty big deal.  Boston and Buffalo squared off in what may have been the deciding matchup of the season, and Toews came through with a monster week to put Boston on top.  Anaheim was very helpful for me putting up a big week against Buffalo in their 2nd matchup.  Having a 1 game lead going into this week with the points very close now is HUGE for us - as both teams have tough matchups.

As commish I'm really happy to see Buffalo as a top team these past 2 years.  Nice job Jean!  However, as the Bruins GM... screw you hippy!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:13 PM »
What's more odd is there hasn't been a real playoff race at all this year.  It's looked pretty much like this for a couple months.  Which kinda explains the lack of trade activity.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jlapo11

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :STL-NHL:
    • :MON-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »
Too many IR for the last 2-3 weeks. Will be a tough week for me AGAIN

Be nice with me Rob. Never know what could happens in the playoffs.

:toast:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Grandpa Brian
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:15 PM
  • indiansnation: No thanks daddy im looking to take your team out. I want to make my @@@ch
    April 13, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one moe big bat and a couple of starting pitching
    April 13, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Back at u bigfry
    April 13, 2024, 11:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im preparing for Hockey domination. :)
    April 14, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry important pm read the latest pm i sent u
    April 14, 2024, 12:14:42 AM
  • indiansnation: Dad yea u going down in that league also nhl live u got no chance in any live leagues
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy im takening u out
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm trade offer sent
    April 14, 2024, 12:36:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry back at u
    April 14, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry trade posted everything u mentioned to me
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlouis blues 91 pm back at u
    April 14, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
  • indiansnation: Debreer23 pm
    April 14, 2024, 01:37:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 02:36:03 AM
  • Daddy: Geezus that MLB board is lit up. Lets clean that up a bit.
    April 14, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
  • Daddy: Great job Gary, thank you.
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:52 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    April 14, 2024, 03:31:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 04:13:22 PM
  • Alpha5: The nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
  • Alpha5: De nothing
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    Yesterday at 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    Yesterday at 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    Yesterday at 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    Yesterday at 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    Yesterday at 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    Yesterday at 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    Yesterday at 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    Yesterday at 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    Yesterday at 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    Yesterday at 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    Yesterday at 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Today at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Today at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Today at 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    Today at 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    Today at 11:37:48 AM