Author Topic: Old School League Concept & Rulebook  (Read 696 times)

Offline LaneMyer

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • Fantasy Prestige 1
    • :CHC:
    • :Blank:
    • :Blank:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :NotreDame:
    • View Profile
Old School League Concept & Rulebook
« on: February 11, 2016, 04:31:39 PM »
The league concept and rules are simple:

1.) Scoring- this is a Head to Head points based scoring league. 

2). Rosters- Old School has a 40 player roster maximum.  You can choose how you'd like to construct your roster.  A GM can have 40 MLB level players, or if you're in rebuild mode, you can have as many minor league players/prospects as you choose.  There is nothing against league rules to have 40 minor leaguers, but for competitive balance it would be beneficial to the league as a whole to at least have enough major league level players to fill a starting roster. 

3). All league transactions are made here on the PROFSL Old School Transactions board.   Although the league scores on Fantrax, individual GMs are never to make adds/drops on Fantrax.  The commish will make all necessary transactions on Fantrax as far as rosters go.   Each GM will of course make their requisite starting roster/bench moves on Fantrax themselves.     

4). Reserve Clause- There are no contracts, extensions or arbitration.  Free agency exists here solely for the purpose of signing players that are on teams that don't exist in this league as well as future minor and major league players.   The player is yours to keep in perpetuity until you trade or drop that player. 

5.) Free Agency - The purpose of this league is to simulate your parent club.   There will only be two free agent bidding periods.  A pre-season auction draft which will generally start in mid-February, and a second free agent auction period in July during the All-Star Game week.  When dropping a player you must post a separate drop player thread on the transaction board.  Just type something like Yankees Drop in the subject line and then the name(s) of any players being dropped to waivers. 

The pre-season auction draft gives each GM a $100 budget to spend on various free agents.   You are under no obligation to spend the entire amount or even make one bid.   Your budget is not trade-able and it will not carry over to the next free agent bidding period.   You must maintain a 40 man roster meaning that if you are at the max 40 player roster and you win the bidding for a player, you must drop a player within 48 hours in order to add the new player.  The pre-season free agent player nomination & bidding period will remain open until the start of Opening Day/Night. 

The Mid-season auction draft will provide each GM a $50 budget to spend as you like.  Again it's use it or lose it.   No budget carryover and it's also not trade-able.  You also must drop a player should you win the bidding for a player and your roster stands at 40 players.   Since the All-Star break FA bidding period is a short week, please make your player drops within 24 hours.   Bidding generally closes on Friday (midnight EST) during the All-Star break week with MLB games resuming on Friday .  Open bids will remain open until resolved.

Free Agent bidding process and rules

- All bidding is to be done in Old School Transactions on the PROFSL board.
- Bidding format is to start a New Topic, place the player name in the Subject and the bid amount in the text body.
 To challenge a bid simply Reply to that topic by bidding at least $1 more. 
- Bids are to be in $1 increments
- Winning bids must remain unchallenged for 48 hrs in pre-season FA draft, and 24 hours for the mid-season FA draft. 
- Only free agents who are under MLB affiliated contracts are eligible to be bid on.  Meaning international free agents, or recent draftees must have already signed with their respective MLB clubs to be eligible to be nominated for bidding. 
- You may have no more than 5 winning bids on the board at any given time
- Credit balances must remain at $0 or more.
- You may not exceed your available budget at any time. Penalty will be -$10 from your available credit, or loss of most recently awarded player if available balance is not $10 or more.
- In the event a GM overbids their FA balance. or erroneously maintains a winning bid on more than 5 players in FA at one time, the overbid is erased, that GM is penalized (-$10), and the previous highest bidder retains the high bid in the event that bidder still has the sufficient balance to support the bid. Otherwise the nomination is erased. 
- You may "purchase" as many players as you like.  However, your roster must remain at 40 players. If a new player puts you over the limit you have 24-48 hrs to adjust your roster, or you lose the new player. 
- New bids will cease with the beginning of either Opening Day or after first pitch for the post All-Star break bidding period.  Any open bids will remain open until resolved.

6.) "The Yoenis Cespedes Rule" In the event two or more GM's place valid max bids on the same player within the open bidding process time line (24 hours). The player shall be awarded to the team with a lower placed finish (based on last years regular season finish).

7.) Trades - Trading is mostly open all year round with the exception of an in season trade deadline that runs from the second Sunday in August of each year to the end of the Old School playoff finals.   Trades will need to be approved either by a 5 GM vote or a trade committee.  When posting a trade on the board, both GMs involved in the trade must post a brief reason they are making this particular trade (ie how it helps your team, or you're making a veteran for prospect trade because you're in contention or rebuilding etc).

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Toronto is having an ok week.
    November 17, 2017, 01:56:59 AM
  • Daddy: Boston is on a severe power outage week.
    November 17, 2017, 01:57:52 AM
  • Daddy: @izaman3 the Courtier trade was stout. He looks really good.
    November 17, 2017, 02:00:55 AM
  • indiansnation: Hey daddy
    November 17, 2017, 02:08:59 AM
  • indiansnation: Hey daddy
    November 17, 2017, 02:09:11 AM
  • blkhwkfn: Hellebyuck was the only thing i had going for a sec. No goals 1 assist 8 shots finally someone bent the twine
    November 17, 2017, 06:59:21 AM
  • snugerud: Yes, take that deal.  Helly and dub will hold the fort enough for what you will gain in getting kuch
    November 17, 2017, 11:18:22 AM
  • snugerud: and if not, you still have rask and anderson who could both heat up.
    November 17, 2017, 11:25:31 AM
  • snugerud: My moto is when you have an option between getting some kouch and vaslene, you take the Kouch.
    November 17, 2017, 11:26:39 AM
  • WestCoastExpress: Showing another side of you Snug, haha
    November 17, 2017, 01:39:44 PM
  • WestCoastExpress: Accepted the deal. Kinda worked for both sides. I needed goalscoring and PPP and he needed a goalie badly. FreddyAnd with Smith, Raanta,
    November 17, 2017, 01:40:39 PM
  • WestCoastExpress: And Brian Elliott
    November 17, 2017, 01:40:56 PM
  • Flash: :COL: available in FGM
    November 17, 2017, 04:26:12 PM
  • Daddy: Hello Brian, sorry I had signed off before. I hope all is well my friend.
    November 17, 2017, 04:37:37 PM
  • indiansnation: Hi. Daddy
    November 17, 2017, 04:50:11 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey flash
    November 17, 2017, 04:51:04 PM
  • indiansnation: Cam atkins gets 7 yr deal
    November 17, 2017, 08:54:39 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah, not as much as I gave him, but a nice haul.
    November 17, 2017, 09:14:31 PM
  • Daddy: I hope he earns it, he isn't off to a blazing start.
    November 17, 2017, 09:15:01 PM
  • indiansnation: Im excited he took less money and more yrs
    November 17, 2017, 09:30:07 PM
  • Daddy: Is that your hockey team? CBJ?
    November 17, 2017, 10:47:50 PM
  • Daddy: Cleveland doesn't have one, and I've never asked. I know you love the Cavs, Browns, Indians, where is your loyalty in hockey?
    November 17, 2017, 10:48:48 PM
  • indiansnation: Pittsburgh my team
    November 17, 2017, 11:02:37 PM
  • indiansnation: But i have to root for my home columbus
    November 17, 2017, 11:03:19 PM
  • Daddy: Pittsburgh? Yuck...thats like Yankees or Cowboys just because you've witnessed them win.
    November 17, 2017, 11:35:32 PM
  • Daddy: My Son is from PA, lives in MD, but likes Alabama for instance. I wish he didn't fall into that category.
    November 17, 2017, 11:36:30 PM
  • Daddy: Lots of fans out there created due to National TV biased and wanting to cling to team's they see have success. No offense meant.
    November 17, 2017, 11:37:49 PM
  • indiansnation: Im a fan of them
    November 17, 2017, 11:58:32 PM
  • indiansnation: Lemieux,jagr
    November 17, 2017, 11:59:02 PM
  • indiansnation: Old teams would whip these guys know on puttsburgh
    Yesterday at 12:02:03 AM
  • indiansnation: Love the 89 penguins take 2017 penguins on it would be awsome
    Yesterday at 12:04:30 AM
  • indiansnation: Give me lemieux,recci,bourge,cullen
    Yesterday at 12:06:39 AM
  • blkhwkfn: Ill take a beer
    Yesterday at 01:01:33 AM
  • Nonsense: Dilly dilly
    Yesterday at 03:58:08 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: Afternoon FNHLers!
    Yesterday at 03:27:29 PM
  • hockeygoon33: Afternoon PPG!
    Yesterday at 04:25:44 PM
  • blkhwkfn: HA I said dilly dilly at the bar and people just looked at me like I was an idiot.
    Yesterday at 05:58:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Blk lmao
    Yesterday at 06:40:00 PM
  • hockeygoon33: Hahahaha
    Yesterday at 06:49:19 PM
  • Jonathan: I think Rask will be ok. His point total should be on the rise with the new combinations. They moved Teuvo up to play with Staal and its not Rask Skinner and Elias together. Skinner is the best scorer they got by a mile.
    Yesterday at 07:38:39 PM
  • Jonathan: *now
    Yesterday at 07:38:55 PM
  • Daddy: @snugerud I fully understand now, @JoJo I think there are only 3 and none are 31 team's or $ involved.
    Yesterday at 08:31:43 PM
  • Daddy: I'm looking forward to tomorrow's NFL slate of games, it's been a fun season.
    Yesterday at 08:33:27 PM
  • Daddy: Rosen to Cleveland #1 overall Brian. Help is on the way. Im not sure about Darnold or any USC QBs
    Yesterday at 08:36:02 PM
  • Daddy: They play each other tonight, as a Browns fan I would have a beer and check it out.
    Yesterday at 08:39:53 PM
  • chrisetc21: Smack talk [link]
    Yesterday at 09:38:34 PM
  • AntMan: Mmmmm Beer
    Yesterday at 09:47:24 PM
  • Donfraze: chris pm
    Yesterday at 10:07:49 PM
  • indiansnation: Donfraze pm
    Yesterday at 11:04:32 PM
  • Jonathan: Vikes smoked them
    Today at 05:42:22 PM