• Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :SA:
    • :Blank:
    • :Texas:
    • View Profile
Re: NL East
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »
1. NYM - Infield is stacked, Vogt is a sleeper.  Not much outfield.  Pitching could be really good or really bad.
2. WAS - Strasburg, Bumgarner, and a solid infield.  Werth is an underrated star.
3. MIA - Starting pitching is weak, outfield is solid.  Pedro Alavarez could be a huge disappointment this season.
4. ATL-  Pitching took a major hit with Medlen and Beachy going down.  Outfield is old with uncertainty.
5. PHI-  Matt Garza has sucked this spring, bullpen is strength.  A lot of fringe players to avoid starting clock on prospects.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline seanrmgallagher

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :Pennsylvania:
    • View Profile
Re: NL East
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 02:55:21 AM »
The NL East has a tight race at the top. The Nationals, Marlins, or Mets could all win the division. The Nationals are the favorites to repeat, but only slightly over the reloaded Marlins. The Mets have made many drastic moves to get into contention and are going to make a run at the division as well. The Braves could catch one or two of the top teams with some luck. The top teams in the Central (Cardinals/Pirates/Reds) are going to make it very hard for more than one of these teams to make the playoffs, so the race for the division and possibly the second spot in the division should be exciting to watch.

In order from favorite to least favorite (2013 record)(My projection):

Washington Nationals (18-4)(17-5)- The Nationals won the tightly contested NL East last season by a game over the Marlins. The race is going to be tight again. The Nationals have a solid lineup. Zimmerman is strong option at a weak position, Desmond is a star at SS, and Morneau should be great for points as a 1B at Coors. They have people that will get ABs at every position and Ramos could breakout if he stays healthy. They could definitely use a couple more everyday players to be an elite offense, however. The Nats do have a strong pitching staff though. Bumgarner, Strasburg, and Burnett are three guys that can put up ace-like numbers. Buehrle and Kuroda will also put up strong numbers. Detwiler has a chance to do the same. Papelbon, Storen, and Clippard will rack up the holds/saves. The Nats will be solid once again and should be knocking on the door to the playoffs.

Miami Marlins (17-5)(15-7)- The Marlins were 1 win away from the World Series last season and made some offseason moves to get over the hump. The Marlins have a solid lineup headlined by Matt Holliday. Victor Martinez gets to bat behind Cabrera this year, but will also be the DH. The RBIs will be offset by the lack of fielding stats. Granderson should rebound, Alvarez will likely regress a bit, and J.J. Hardy should be the consistent good SS option he has been for years. Otherwise, the lineup is shakey and the Marlins are missing the big 1B bat. The Hamels injuries have scared me a lot this spring and I don’t expect a lot from him. That being said, the Marlins still have a deep rotation. Cingrani has ace stuff, Tim Hudson has always pitched well, and Ian Kennedy is a good bet to rebound after a bad 2013. The Marlins could have 8 starters coming out of spring. Cishek and Johnson should provide a ton of saves as well.

New York Mets (6-16)(13-9)- The Mets probably look the most different from last year and, outside of the Blue Jays, will probably have the greatest increase in wins this season. The Mets did a whole lot with very little, but I just do not think they have caught up with the Marlins or Nats yet. Freeman, Cano, Villar, and Wright probably make up the best infield in the league. The rest of the team leaves a lot to be desired. Satin is looking like a potential starting 1B to start the season with the Mets and could be a huge asset. Outside of Soto, no other position player is expected to play every day. Mike Minor’s injury woes will delay his start to the season, but he is still an ace. Jimenez, Santiago, and Colon round out a solid rotation. As a Phillies fan, M.A.G. is not going to contribute this year. The Mets also boast many options that have a good possibility to get at bats and innings. The Mets will have people playing throughout and probably have the most second tier options and depth in the league. The Marlins and Nationals have more top-level talent, however.

Atlanta Braves (9-12)(9-13)- Medlen’s injury puts the Braves rotation in a bad spot. Coupled with the possibility that Beachey will not be back early in the year, the Braves pitching is a huge question mark. Sabathia and Nolasco are solid, but cannot carry the staff with little depth. I like the Braves offense. Perez and Hanigan should put up very good numbers as catchers. Kendrick is a good 2B, Prado has versatility and is a stud, Rollins will play better than last year (he gave up on caring halfway through the season), Aramis Ramirez is still good when healthy. The Braves lack the star 1B, but otherwise have a solid field. Their OF is good, headed by Beltran, Quentin, and Ethier. Ichiro and Ethier will lose some playing time in crowded outfields, but will put up numbers. Have to mention how beastly Kimbrel is as a closer. The Braves currently lack the depth, but are not a bad overall team.

Philadelphia Phillies (5-17)(5-17)- The Phils are lacking much firepower offensively. Howard has looked bad in the spring, but has the potential for 30+ homeruns. Zobrist is the best offensive option by far however. Avisail Garcia could breakout and contribute star like numbers, Galvis could take Rollins job by the end of the year, and Clint Barmes should get plenty of innings in Pittsburgh. The Phils are in rebuild mode and there are still many holes. Garza headlines a rotation with mediocre potential. Kendrick will get innings and pitch okay, Odorizzi could put up good numbers with the Rays defense behind him if he gets the chance, and Cosart could keep outpitching his peripherals. Wandy Rodriguez could also return to his old form and be a middle of the rotation starter. Largely, however, There are a lot of 4-5 starter options and Matt Garza. Jake Diekman could get a lot more holds than people are expecting. The Phils are rebuilding, but are in much better shape for this season than the other rebuilders.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:58:57 AM by seanrmgallagher »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Grandpa Brian
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:15 PM
  • indiansnation: No thanks daddy im looking to take your team out. I want to make my @@@ch
    April 13, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one moe big bat and a couple of starting pitching
    April 13, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Back at u bigfry
    April 13, 2024, 11:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im preparing for Hockey domination. :)
    April 14, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry important pm read the latest pm i sent u
    April 14, 2024, 12:14:42 AM
  • indiansnation: Dad yea u going down in that league also nhl live u got no chance in any live leagues
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy im takening u out
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm trade offer sent
    April 14, 2024, 12:36:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry back at u
    April 14, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry trade posted everything u mentioned to me
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlouis blues 91 pm back at u
    April 14, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
  • indiansnation: Debreer23 pm
    April 14, 2024, 01:37:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 02:36:03 AM
  • Daddy: Geezus that MLB board is lit up. Lets clean that up a bit.
    April 14, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
  • Daddy: Great job Gary, thank you.
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:52 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    April 14, 2024, 03:31:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 04:13:22 PM
  • Alpha5: The nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
  • Alpha5: De nothing
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    Yesterday at 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    Yesterday at 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    Yesterday at 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    Yesterday at 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    Yesterday at 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    Yesterday at 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    Yesterday at 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    Yesterday at 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    Yesterday at 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    Yesterday at 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    Yesterday at 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Today at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Today at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Today at 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    Today at 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    Today at 11:37:48 AM