Author Topic: 30/31 Team - Fantrax only league - interested?  (Read 2272 times)

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
30/31 Team - Fantrax only league - interested?
« on: November 22, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »
Been kicking around the idea for a while to do a 31 team league , (non money, but would require yearly fees to pay for it.) It would be run completely through Fantrax, contracts/ FA Bidding, Dynasty style but instead of points based, head to head category based. (sick of points based)

There would be major and minor league roster, yearly minor draft. 

Extensions would be a set $ amount per year extended.  (probably 1 million) - again want to do things a little differently than all the other leagues and this works very well within the fantrax automated framework.

All trades , transaction including adds and drops would be done by the managers themselves.  This would be a very user friendly league meaning most of the manual addition of players , moves etc are done by the GM's - as a commissioner I would only need to modify contracts after a player was won and at times modify the cap hits although those should also be automatic in 99% of the cases.

I am willing to commission the league without having a team involved so that trades and disputes can be handle unbiased and without needing a trade committee. Trades processed almost immediately .  Yearly fees would be 5$ per team to cover Fantrax premium and take a cut for my work as commissioner.   I would be using Fantrax Treasurer and I would add 2-3 other deputy commissioners so anything ever happens that i die or flake , the money is not lost....   

This post is to see what kind of interest is out there before I spend the time doing a full rule work up. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
Re: 30/31 Team - Fantrax only league - interested?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
I would join.  But you should have a team. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Whomp

• All-Star
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Northwestern:
    • :CHI-MLS:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 01:02:42 PM »
Interested - more details?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Someone once said that Bobby could hit a puck through a car wash and not get it wet and that I could hit it just as hard, but not hit the car wash. That was the difference." Dennis Hull

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »
Interested - more details?

In due time.  Just putting out the feelers for interest first. 

Rough summary(mock up) of rules, due to change as they are reviewed.

League Rules

Important Dates

TBD

Rosters MILR and PRO

Active roster maximum is 30 players. ( 4 centers, 8 wingers, 6 defense, 1 goalie, 11 bench)
    Minor league minimum is 0 and maximum 15.

Contract Limits/Extensions

All  initial contracts are between 1-3 years.
    At the end of each season there will be the option to extend players who are on the 2nd year of their contract.
    Contracts can be extended for a max of 5 years with an increase of 1 million to the original salary per year extended and takes place immediately(ex. X player is making 3 million a year and you wish to extend for 2 years their contract increases to 5million per year.)   
    Teams will be able to choose up to 3 players that are on the final year of their contract to apply a franchise tag and will be able to extend them for up to 2 years. (1 million added to salary per year extended).  The franchise tag can be used on the same player more than once. Franchise tags extensions are to be posted in the league form.
    Teams will be responsible for players who retire or play overseas cap hit. They can still be bought out under the normal buy out rules.

Prospect Contracts

All prospect contracts start at 500k.  Their contracts do not count against the cap while in the Minors.
    Any prospects still Minors eligible will have their contracts set back to the 1st year untill they are no longer Minors eligible.  Minors eligibility is based on age (25 or younger) or games played at NHL level (80 career total), whichever comes first.
    The year that they are no longer eligible for the minor league will be the first year of their contract. Example: Patrice Cormier plays 80games this year , his contract this year  will be 500k - 1st year. Next year his contract would move to 2nd year. If he fails to play 80 games, his contract next year would stay at 1st year.
    Max # of Minor league contracts is 15.

Releasing Players

All players released will incur a 66% cap hit and will be released back to the free agent pool immediately.
    Cap hits can be spread out over the term of the players contract.
    For a 2 week period at the end of each season additional funds/cap room can be used to buyout players cap hit. (ex. you have a player costing you a cap hit of 1million for the next 3 years, you can lump his cap hit to 3 million for the current year at end of the season if you have cap space available)

Free Agency

All players not minors eligible are handled via free agency.
    To start a bid on a player, create a post on the league form with the players FIRST and LAST name with your bid.
    Minimum bid is 500k.
    Minimum years 1 yr , max 3yrs.
     Winning bids are determined by total $ amount.

There is no limit to the number of players that can be auctioned at one time or the number of bids for a player.  A bid on a player is considered final when 48 hours has passed since the last bid.
    No Variable Contracts:  Each year of a contract must have the same salary amount.  All contracts must be signed to at least $500k and must be in multiples of $100,000.
    At no time can a team be over the cap unless they can make immediate changes in their roster(drop a player). You can not sign a player that will put you over the cap or over your roster limit expecting to make a trade.  Anyone guilty of that will receive a warning and next offense will be fined their next years 3rd pick, if you don't have your 3rd pick your 2nd, no picks will result in a CAP decrease.
    Players that are eligible for the minor league would need to be drafted and can not be signed via FA.  This would include any player that is 25 years old or younger and has played fewer than 80 total NHL games.
    Signings and transactions can be done at any time during the regular season. They are locked during playoffs.

Yearly Rookie Draft

Trading of draft picks IS allowed.
    We will have a 5 round prospect draft each year for the drafting of Minor leaguers.  Draft order will be determined by reverse order of standings in the regular season.
    Only players that have met NHL draft eligibility or signed by an NHL team are allowed and must meet minor league eligibility.

Injured Players
IR spots unlimited but cap hits apply while player is on IR. 

****** please note should you bump a minor league player up to fill the spot once they complete their 80 nhl games or turn 26 you will not be able to move them back to the minors*****

Cap
    Cap is currently set at 85 million, this is a hard cap and will not change at anytime. 

Trades

Picks can only be traded up to a max of 2 years in the future.
    There will be a trade deadline set each year (refer to important dates at the top)

Playoffs

Playoffs are 1 week long for each matchup , 2 weeks for championship
    Date is announced at the start of each season (refer to important dates at the top)
    16 teams make playoffs.  Division winners get top seeds with the additional spots going to teams with the best records.  (tie breaker is record vs. team tied with. )

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:36:21 PM by snugerud »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »
Some of the rules may not make much sense if you haven't played in a Fantrax (using their automated settings) league , trust me they would make sense when you do...

Ie. end of each season/before the begining of the next, there is a team extensions option where your team is listed and each player(thats eligible) has the option to not extend or 1,2,3, 4 or 5 years. then when the league is rolled over all the extensions take place simultaneously. 

Contracts are listed as 1st, 2nd, 3rd (before their extension eligibility) after they have past their extension they contract will change to a 2018, etc (whatever end year)

If you want to view a current league that is using much of this setup  https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/30kxmi3mj1doi3ey/home

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:50:38 PM by snugerud »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 02:55:24 PM »
Would you do it as a redraft or would we inherit teams like we did here?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
Would you do it as a redraft or would we inherit teams like we did here?

I am thinking possibly a complete redraft, Maybe a each team gets to pick 5 keepers. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »
Initial contracts would most likely either by generated by players real NHL contract
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline izaman3

• Legend
    • :DET-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
I'm more of a points guy than categories, but I think I'd be up for a new challenge. Seems like it could be interesting.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline indiansnation

• Legend
    • :CLE-NFL:
    • :CLE-NBA:
    • :CLS:
    • :OhioState:
    • :CLS-MLS:
    • :CLE:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 03:35:13 PM »
Im up for it.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • TheGOAT: I don't really know. It just sounded professional
    March 18, 2024, 07:44:06 PM
  • TheGOAT: Daddy pm
    March 18, 2024, 07:52:41 PM
  • Daddy: Back sir GOAT
    March 18, 2024, 08:33:18 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent.. as do i sir. As do i.
    March 18, 2024, 08:34:31 PM
  • Braves155: Around for deal talks - Any sport
    March 18, 2024, 09:32:06 PM
  • Braves155: @Brent FrickTheSaints #FTS
    March 18, 2024, 10:25:30 PM
  • Daddy: :rofl:
    March 18, 2024, 10:36:13 PM
  • Daddy: Cant wait for Vikings vs Saints in LIVE
    March 18, 2024, 10:37:16 PM
  • Braves155: Snell to SanFran 2 yrs/62M
    March 18, 2024, 10:42:49 PM
  • indiansnation: Giants To Sign Blake Snell March 18th, 2024 at 8:45pm CST • By Anthony Franco 8:45pm: Snell receives a $15MM salary for the upcoming season and has a $17MM signing bonus that will not be paid until 2026, reports Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle (on X). That indicates he’ll be deciding on whether to opt out of a $30MM salary next winter, although the delayed date on the payment of the bonus reduces the team’s short-term commitment.  8:23pm: Blake Snell is in agreement with the Giants on a two-year, $62MM contract that allows him to opt out after the upcoming season, reports Jon Heyman of the New York Post (X link). San Francisco adds the defending NL Cy Young winner to the top of a staff that also includes last year’s runner-up, Logan Webb.  ADVERTISEMENT
    March 18, 2024, 10:48:21 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I didnt know we could type that much into 1 comment lol
    March 18, 2024, 10:50:20 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: LFGGGG SNELLIZA TO THE BAY
    March 18, 2024, 10:55:55 PM
  • Daddy: Celebrate this San Francisco [link] ;)
    March 18, 2024, 11:45:47 PM
  • TheGOAT: IndianaBuc pm
    March 19, 2024, 08:51:13 PM
  • Braves155: Who dealing in baseball?
    March 19, 2024, 10:37:10 PM
  • TheGOAT: Jwalkerjr pm
    March 20, 2024, 08:08:57 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Back goat
    March 20, 2024, 05:52:15 PM
  • TheGOAT: Daddy pm
    March 20, 2024, 07:44:45 PM
  • Daddy: Thats a great response. #respect
    March 20, 2024, 08:01:50 PM
  • TheGOAT: Thank You
    March 20, 2024, 08:05:04 PM
  • Brent: Looks like Ohtani might be going down.  Let's see how this shakes out.  Translator and best friend fired by Dodgers for stealing millions from Ohtani and illegal gambling.  Hmm, okay.
    March 20, 2024, 09:35:21 PM
  • jmntl82: Yeah there isn’t any chance he wasn’t involved
    March 20, 2024, 10:04:47 PM
  • Daddy: Damn :doh:
    March 20, 2024, 10:11:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: celebrate that LA
    March 20, 2024, 10:27:15 PM
  • Daddy: Well, im a Ram fan that loves Philadelphia Sports. I agree, take that Dodgers! Go Phils!!!
    March 20, 2024, 10:33:02 PM
  • Daddy: Something in the water in California ;)
    March 20, 2024, 10:34:01 PM
  • Daddy: They would legalize meth but gambling oh nooooo.
    March 20, 2024, 10:35:12 PM
  • Brent: I've lived in Japan for 3 years and Okinawa for 3 years.  You could legit leave you car unlocked with money on the dash board in a public parking lot, come back and the money is still there.
    March 20, 2024, 10:43:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Im a fan of Japanese culture
    March 20, 2024, 11:05:07 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: From power rangers and pokemon as a kid, to the edo period, anime, video games, and ninjas
    March 20, 2024, 11:05:58 PM
  • Brent: Best  comment I gave seen on the Ohtani gambling scandal.  "Pete Rose wishes he had an interpreter"
    March 21, 2024, 12:25:08 AM
  • Brent: Have seen
    March 21, 2024, 12:25:18 AM
  • Daddy: And i wish i had a friend that covers my debts. I aint got $500k to put on Temple but thats the kind of friends i need.
    March 21, 2024, 12:27:31 AM
  • Daddy: Where yall at?????
    March 21, 2024, 12:28:32 AM
  • Braves155: There's nothin wrong with the good ol' nudie bar and a few lap dances. Who needs alcohol/drugs/scandal
    March 21, 2024, 08:09:08 AM
  • Braves155: For trade talks/chat in general, if anyone wants my cell #, msg me
    March 21, 2024, 08:37:22 AM
  • dbreer23: Life was so much simpler (maybe not better) before the internet...
    March 21, 2024, 11:47:48 AM
  • Daddy: It was better for me. My parents were alive, grand parents, and a multitude of mistakes had not yet occured. Many of them internet related.
    March 21, 2024, 04:28:54 PM
  • Alpha5: We really should be doing March Madness brackets
    March 21, 2024, 06:31:31 PM
  • jmntl82: I did one on paper and left it on my desk and it went missing so someone must’ve decided it was perfect
    March 22, 2024, 08:41:01 AM
  • janesvilleaces: Padres mlb live here all day for deals..lots of young talent..looking for 3b or 1b...rp...
    March 22, 2024, 09:08:50 AM
  • Colby: :bump:
    March 22, 2024, 09:59:59 AM
  • STLBlues91: Catching up on messages. Busy week with conferences and finishing state testing. Will send replies in a few
    March 22, 2024, 10:05:56 PM
  • indiansnation: If anybody wants to talk mlb live trade talk hit me up with a pm
    March 24, 2024, 10:19:08 AM
  • Daddy: Yeah baseball is starting up. The "long season" is here.
    March 24, 2024, 12:55:24 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL PLAYOFFS Round 1 RESULTS here ==> [link]
    March 25, 2024, 10:11:43 AM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE business is picking up. Trades & FA are back in action.
    Yesterday at 06:07:10 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Today at 12:54:15 AM
  • ldsjayhawk: daddy pm
    Today at 01:07:25 PM
  • Daddy: Opening Day Gents!!!
    Today at 02:44:35 PM