Author Topic: Discussion: FNHL Owned Team + How to Manage  (Read 2489 times)

Offline dickiedunn

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Question: which team is represented in FA bidding by FNHL commish?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:13 AM »
I guess I would want to know which team my Sens are potentially bidding against out of curiosity. Then we would know how much cap they have and what we should bid.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • View Profile
Discussion: FNHL Owned Team + How to Manage
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
Not that my opinion matters much on this since I wont be here for much longer(just running things until new ownership is found).  Its been my experience that league run teams should refrain from any trading activities.  it almost always leads to issues.

A league run team should be about setting lines, maintaining the current team , extending players on the team until a new owner can be found. 

Any strategic moves (FA signings, trades, buyouts, etc) should be reserved for when new ownership is found.

If teams are going unfilled for entire seasons than the league needs to look at the idea of a contraction draft.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Re: FNHL Owned Teams + How to Manage
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 07:41:05 PM »
that's one
Its been my experience that league run teams should refrain from any trading activities.  it almost always leads to issues.

imo, either way there will be those who hate the decision. i am taking the approach that this is competitive, all teams compete for resources, otherwise there's no real pt to a 30 team league is there.

If teams are going unfilled for entire seasons than the league needs to look at the idea of a contraction draft.

definitely no contraction... there are plenty of 6, 12, 14, 18, 20, 22 team leagues around this site and others. why do the same.

i join FNHL and also accepted to organize this season because i believe in a 30-team league.

listen, there's always a teething process for everything... including fantasy hky.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Florida Panthers ... link to team page

2023-24 FRANCHISE NHL PAYOUT TO CHAMPION ... :money: $530.00USD :money:
ONLY THE BEST OWNERS WANTED

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion: FNHL Owned Team + How to Manage
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 01:15:17 AM »
Simply it is a conflict of interest for a commissioner to own a team and run other teams. Setting lineups is fine but otherwise I don't believe a league run team should be making trades/signing free agents/releasing players/etc. that should be the decision of the new GM that gets signed on.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »
drew,

30-team league w/30-player active rosters are a different beast than most other FH leagues.

UN-OWNED TEAMS LOSE OUT
un-manned teams (as well as mis-managed teams) will suffer and the league will be polarized, the Haves VS Have Nots.

KEEPING TEAMS ATTRACTIVE + ACTIVE
also, to keep teams attractive for potential new members - they have to stay ultra competitive and acquire resources. competitive means owning a winning record if possible.

IF TEAMS DON"T STAY ACTIVE
otherwise, no one wants the un-manned teams, the league contracts, more teams exit ... then eventually a league folds ... remember Rebel, that NHL SIM league?

BTW... if you (or anyone) would like to help out with line-up setting for 1 of the 4 teams, that would be most helpful.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jonathan

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 103
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :CAR-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
I know when I took over the Blues, the FA before, I lost all my talent due to a dead owner and it put that franchise in a bad spot, where I had to overpay for talent just to field a team. Losing the talents of guys like backes, pietrangelo and so forth with no return and no additions killed that franchise. I think a Commish as an acting GM is just overkill. The former Commish's are the reason why some teams are the way they are and they knew what was going on. We just need to find new GM's. The former commish did way too little and this one is trying to do way too much.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »
what's new ... you're venting, but on the fence.
but i hear ya. fair enough.

-everyone's happy but no one's happy.

-want a healthy league, all teams remain active. simple concept.

-want a championship to be meaningful, play against competitive rosters.

Jonathan, moving fwd can you inject some constructive comments along with your usual feedback. thx
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »
IF TEAMS DON"T STAY ACTIVE
otherwise, no one wants the un-manned teams, the league contracts, more teams exit ... then eventually a league folds ... remember Rebel, that NHL SIM league?

Thanks for the personal attack there. Rebel was contracted due to the exact reason why this league doesn't work. 30 teams is too many GMs to keep active. Also after contraction of Rebel that league is doing great so not folded, eh. The NHL Sim league was cut due to the time restraint on me to sim games not active GMs but thanks for your constructive criticism of my former leagues. But maybe think about it before you play the blame game.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline PigsRule

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
Thanks for the personal attack there...

there's nothing personal about it.

the pt that u failed to grasp in that post was that you invited people to join something, then in the middle of the season cancelled or changed the rules drastically... after which ppl left because it wasn't what they signed up for.

ppl spend time on these fantasy leagues.
they're meant to be fun... but competitive.

personally, i expect stability with a league's rules + set-up.

is that not your experience as well?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 06:00:51 PM »
there's nothing personal about it.
How is nothing personal about it? You addressed it towards me and then went on to give blatant lies about two leagues I commissioned.
Rebel is a league that brings the 3rd amount of traffic to the site for hockey. It was contracted for the exact reasons why Franchise has had problems through its entire existence, inactivity of teams. Instead of wasting time and beating around the bush, I decided it would be best for the league to be contracted and now it is a successful league here on the site. Obviously there is something you don't like about or some deep buring bitterness but you can't deny that contraction worked and the league is perfectly fine.
NHL Sim as I stated before became too time consuming for me. I pulled the plug because who wants to spend 3 hours a day doing administrative work on a league.

the pt that u failed to grasp in that post was that you invited people to join something, then in the middle of the season cancelled or changed the rules drastically... after which ppl left because it wasn't what they signed up for.
Sorry that you joined a league and didn't like it. But things have to be done to ensure the success of the league. I do my leagues democratically and for the best intentions of the league. Obviously your bitterness of not getting exactly what you wanted with those leagues is shining through yet again.
Let me ask you this. How many rules have you changed in this league since you have taken over as commissioner?

UN-OWNED TEAMS LOSE OUT
- Yes they do and that is simply because they are unowned, most times this is due to not having lineups set and not that they need to make trades and sign free agents. In the first year of this league, the Minnesota Wild were unowned for the first 3-4 weeks and lost all those games, I came in and won the league that year by making moves myself, not joeshome making trades and everything for me.

KEEPING TEAMS ATTRACTIVE + ACTIVE
- You have to keep your league attractive and active. I first came to Franchise because I was attracted to the league as well as the site. The team was available and that is the reason I took them, not by the way the team was constructed. I knew with the right moves I could do what I wanted with the team. I would expend the players I don't like and move in players I do like. Right now the attraction of this league is low as it has been since last season. That is due to the drama that happens in this league whether it be joeshome freaking out over the rule changes or the harsh punishments being levied on him, the commissioner pointing out who sucks, the constant changing of GMs, or even bad trades from the past (which obviously no one can ever get over).

Now with all that being said, obviously the topic of this question of integrity. By you running 4 teams in one league is a question of integrity and whether it is the right thing you should be doing, is it really looking out for the best interest of the league that you run 4 teams or is it the best interest of the league for you to set lineups and do some recruiting for the open teams instead of trying to trade the players they have. It is in the best interest of the league for you to increase the attractiveness of the league so that people want to be here, not just have been here.

Now if you wish to call into question my integrity, you better come up with better reasons than you have up there.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

* FNHL Chat

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of NFL Live implications. Cant wait to see it unfold. On to night 2
    April 26, 2024, 12:52:28 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i wish we took cooper Frick
    April 26, 2024, 01:05:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we coulda waited on pearsall
    April 26, 2024, 01:05:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: as much as i do like him a bit cuz he was dceent at ASU and solid at UF
    April 26, 2024, 01:05:26 AM
  • Daddy: Who is cooper Frick? What position he play
    April 26, 2024, 02:57:55 AM
  • Brent: BAB, yeah, Cooper is a beast.
    April 26, 2024, 07:21:11 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy I was just expressing my displeasure that we passed on cooper dejean. I strongly felt cb was a bigger need or ol than wr
    April 26, 2024, 10:28:14 AM
  • Daddy: I get it
    April 26, 2024, 10:39:43 AM
  • Daddy: I dont understand everything i saw last night. The biggest winner to me was Gardner Minshew
    April 26, 2024, 10:40:41 AM
  • Daddy: Raiders, Atlanta both should have traded back if they were gonna do what they did. IMO
    April 26, 2024, 10:41:23 AM
  • Daddy: Atlanta could have fleeced Minny and let them draft JJ #6 then still get Penix before Denver/LV
    April 26, 2024, 10:42:24 AM
  • Daddy: Its like Brian is running the Raiders.
    April 26, 2024, 10:43:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ya know what speaking of gardener I did trade for him this off-season
    April 26, 2024, 10:46:49 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I honestly wouldn't have minded pearsall but I saw him as a Rd 2 target not Rd 1. Great to see another former alumni join the niners.
    April 26, 2024, 10:48:21 AM
  • Daddy: 49ers made a smart pick IMO.
    April 26, 2024, 02:25:27 PM
  • Daddy: Their WRs need contracts and Deebo has been used a lot for a guy his size already.
    April 26, 2024, 02:26:18 PM
  • Daddy: They cant and wont keep them all beyond this year.
    April 26, 2024, 02:27:17 PM
  • Daddy: Plenty of Defense left. Only 9 guys on D got drafted last night. NONE of them will be 1st rd picks in LIVE. In fact i dont think a D player gets drafted at all in LIVE till round 3.
    April 26, 2024, 02:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: If you want a S or CB @BAB your Niners will get one.
    April 26, 2024, 02:30:45 PM
  • Daddy: If anyone questions the potency or quality of Colorado marijuana, i got two words for you. Bo Nix
    April 26, 2024, 02:32:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lets see what we do today
    April 26, 2024, 06:15:44 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of great players remaining on the board
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Prospects rather
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Per my own eval at least
    April 26, 2024, 06:48:25 PM
  • Daddy: There are still +220 picks to be made. So. Yeah.
    April 26, 2024, 07:35:23 PM
  • Daddy: If you got ANY extra loot laying around. Pick #33 will definitely be a WR. Probably got to wager $5 to win $1 by now but the line was -400 last i looked.
    April 26, 2024, 07:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: #33 + WR = $$$
    April 26, 2024, 07:37:36 PM
  • Daddy: My guess Keon Coleman. I put it out there. Now im going to drink my crown and smoke a cigar. Rounds 2 & 3 begins in 10 minutes.
    April 26, 2024, 07:49:11 PM
  • Daddy: Damn im good
    April 26, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • Daddy: Only 12 offensive players were drafted in Round 2. All of them 1st rd NFL LIVE picks.
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:11 PM
  • Daddy: 63% of NFL Roster makeup  Are players drafted in rounds 4-7 or UDFA
    Yesterday at 01:05:08 PM
  • Alpha5: CBS's comp for Bo Nix is Josh Dobbs lol
    Yesterday at 03:01:57 PM
  • IndianaBuc: Maybe there’s hope for Zack after all.
    Yesterday at 03:13:10 PM
  • Alpha5: Trotter to the Eagles. That's pretty good @jwalker
    Yesterday at 03:58:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Nix will be their guy for at least a few years. He was picked 1.12. Zach wilson is fighting for his nfl life
    Yesterday at 04:35:18 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Alpha Trotter to eagles is a great story. Not sure it produces great results. We will see
    Yesterday at 04:35:42 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Zach wilson vs Jarrett Stidham camp battle for QB2. The suspense!
    Yesterday at 04:45:40 PM
  • Alpha5: Keon Colemans comp is Ja'Marr chase on CBS which is weird to me
    Yesterday at 05:19:09 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Nothing like having some depth guys on your NFL Live roster you believe in and watching his team draft a player at his position. Sometimes it happens twice. Stay strong NFL Live GMs lol
    Yesterday at 05:53:25 PM
  • Alpha5: Trey Benson picked crushed my Demarcado/Michael Carter hopes
    Yesterday at 06:12:44 PM
  • Alpha5: *pick
    Yesterday at 06:12:58 PM
  • Daddy: Dont think of it that way. So many guys get hurt. The NFL moves so fast. Think of your players as commodity even if they are backups or rookies that arent playing much.
    Yesterday at 06:16:20 PM
  • Daddy: Any player that plays at all has LIVE value. It's the GMs here that determine what that value means to them or is worth in a trade.
    Yesterday at 06:17:45 PM
  • Daddy: If a guy is on your team and he is also on an NFL roster. He has LIVE value.
    Yesterday at 06:19:21 PM
  • Daddy: How much do you love sports? How much do you love "your sport". Do you feel you could GM a franchise?
    Yesterday at 10:30:28 PM
  • Daddy: LIVE is a free league, better than any money league. That tests your ability to build a franchise. In a simulation setting more realistic than anything you are going to find.
    Yesterday at 10:31:51 PM
  • Daddy: Dont believe me? See for yourself.
    Yesterday at 10:32:08 PM
  • Daddy: Dont like me? So what
    Yesterday at 10:32:18 PM
  • Daddy: If you like sports and like dynasty. And you arent in LIVE... You aint hurting me none. You just wont know how good you really are. Pretending to be the best, isnt being the best.
    Yesterday at 10:33:55 PM
  • Daddy: The "best GMs" seek the best competition. Period.
    Yesterday at 10:38:07 PM