Author Topic: problems running the league  (Read 2390 times)

Offline jmtrops

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :NE:
    • :Blank:
    • :TBL:
    • View Profile
problems running the league
« on: January 30, 2022, 02:16:08 PM »
so since Im the only one doing all the transactions and record keeping, I have been struggling to do everything without mistakes. I have recently found several errors in the rosters and contracts that some I have been able to fix and some I have struggled to find how they should be corrected. for the remainder of the season I will continue to do my best and keep things running but for next year there are some things that need to be decided.

the way I see it there are 3 choices
1-discontinue the league
2-the league continues as is with someone else running it
3-alow me to make the necessary changes to make the league easier to run. this would mean using fantrax to do a lot of the contract, roster management or as much as we can instead of the google sheet and profsl. I would pay for the fantrax upgrade. for those of you in DNHL you already know many of the functions that will include. the draft would be done on there. you would be able to drop players yourself and I dont see a need to make a separate post about it unless I need to make cap hit adjustments. same with IR, you would do that yourself as long as they are eligible per the fantrax rules but that might be something we need to tweak our rules. it would be nice if we can do FA and waivers on there too but I need to look and see how that is different from what we are currently doing. but anything we can automate is what my goal is. trades would be done in fantrax. profsl would still be used for some of our comunication but no more spread sheets.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Jesse

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 29
    • :COL-NHL:
    • :TOT:
    • View Profile
Re: problems running the league
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 12:13:59 AM »
I think the poll says it all 5/18 people have voted in just over 58 hours.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:COL-NHL:

GO AVS GO

:COL-NHL:

Offline jmtrops

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 09:22:38 AM »
people need to remember we do this for fun and having to run the league is not fun. Ideally the people running the league should not have a team in the league but thats not going to happen. those of you who vote to get someone else to run the league as is but not stepping up to do it is the same as voting for the league to end. thats what will happen if you want the league to continue as is and no one steps up to do it, and it needs to be more than 1 of you.

whats best for these leagues is if we all can just concentrate on running our teams and not have to worry about weather others are following the rules or our transactions are made correctly and on time or any of the other bullCrap because most of it can automated.

honestly I dont understand the reluctance to automate as much as we can. it eliminates mistakes, rule breaking and make the league more fun for everyone
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 02:42:11 PM »
people need to remember we do this for fun and having to run the league is not fun. Ideally the people running the league should not have a team in the league but thats not going to happen. those of you who vote to get someone else to run the league as is but not stepping up to do it is the same as voting for the league to end. thats what will happen if you want the league to continue as is and no one steps up to do it, and it needs to be more than 1 of you.

whats best for these leagues is if we all can just concentrate on running our teams and not have to worry about weather others are following the rules or our transactions are made correctly and on time or any of the other bullCrap because most of it can automated.

honestly I dont understand the reluctance to automate as much as we can. it eliminates mistakes, rule breaking and make the league more fun for everyone

The reluctance to automate is due to being a premium league and costing money. Thats the only reason.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline winter

• All-Star
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :MUN:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 08:05:33 PM »
The reluctance to automate is due to being a premium league and costing money. Thats the only reason.

That's you're opinion. You don't speak for me.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Jonathan,
:SC-NHL: 2020-21 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :PIT-NHL:

It's a great day for hockey!

Offline jmtrops

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 09:49:28 AM »
then since I will pay for it it, it should be everyone's choice. I understand some people dont want to pay even if its only $8-$10 each a year so anyone who wants to contribute can and I will pay the rest.

Anthony you know the history of the leagues and the more complicated they are to run the harder it is to get people to run them. I cant even count how many leagues I have been in that have shut down because no one had the time to run them.

it also helps the issue of rules enforcement, which no body wants to deal with. if fantrax wont let you break the rules then its much less problems for everyone
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jmtrops

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 09:54:17 AM »
That's you're opinion. You don't speak for me.
he was not speaking for you and that is his opinion. I have seen others that dont want to pay to be in free leagues which is why I said I would pay and anyone who wants to pay their share is welcome to but not required. In DNHL thats how they did it 1 person paid most of it But I paid what it said was my share of it. overall its not that much money for me. on there my share was like $6
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jlapo11

• MVP
    • :STL-NHL:
    • :MON-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 12:15:14 PM »
I will have no problem to pay my share.
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmtrops,
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: [link]
    Yesterday at 01:53:56 PM
  • STLBlues91: Feel free to message I will be around for talks as I work on some spreadsheets
    Yesterday at 04:43:35 PM
  • Daddy: @Brian the city of Pittsburgh would never forgive you for trading Crosby. Let him retire in Pittsburgh.
    Yesterday at 05:58:55 PM
  • Daddy: I was looking forward to bashing you and him upside the head with these Flyers. Do not deny me that sir.
    Yesterday at 06:00:04 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Man, I was thinking the same for Stamkos. Nevermind, were not allowed.
    Yesterday at 06:10:06 PM
  • STLBlues91: I mean STL is a welcoming place
    Yesterday at 06:14:03 PM
  • indiansnation: Nice job with NHL live  guys
    Yesterday at 07:38:43 PM
  • Daddy: Thanks Brian. You've seen them all.
    Yesterday at 07:51:41 PM
  • Daddy: We're nearly completed.
    Yesterday at 07:55:40 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy you me & Brian gonna be at one each other a ton in hockey as I'm the Rangers in y'alls division
    Yesterday at 09:04:25 PM
  • Daddy: I must break you.
    Yesterday at 09:26:23 PM
  • STLBlues91: The guy that says that loses in the long run though...
    Yesterday at 09:39:42 PM
  • Braves155: To hell with all Philly sports teams. :rofl:   ☠️ #TRUTH
    Yesterday at 09:43:28 PM
  • Braves155: More importantly Mets suck
    Yesterday at 09:44:57 PM
  • Daddy: @Blues... Not this guy.
    Yesterday at 09:49:10 PM
  • STLBlues91: We shall see. May go fix some flyers cap hits real quick while i am at it.. They need a pay bump
    Yesterday at 09:51:07 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: quick question on nhl live
    Yesterday at 09:57:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: will there be a roster cleanup
    Yesterday at 09:57:44 PM
  • Daddy: What you talkin bout Willis?
    Yesterday at 09:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Roster cleanup?
    Yesterday at 09:58:51 PM
  • Daddy: @STLBlues91 look at the NHL LIVE chat window please.
    Yesterday at 09:59:36 PM
  • STLBlues91: Going there now
    Yesterday at 10:00:09 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: didnt you mention that some players on our roster have moved
    Yesterday at 10:00:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: will that need to eb accounted for
    Yesterday at 10:00:22 PM
  • Daddy: @BAB as per LIVE rules... All new ownership gets free drops year one.
    Yesterday at 10:00:25 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: or are they still ours
    Yesterday at 10:00:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: that part i get
    Yesterday at 10:00:51 PM
  • Daddy: The rosters are set by a prior date not todays or tomorrows
    Yesterday at 10:00:53 PM
  • Daddy: If someone appears on your roster its because they are your player
    Yesterday at 10:01:21 PM
  • Daddy: Regardless of who they start the new season with.
    Yesterday at 10:01:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: are we allowed to post drops now or is that at a different time
    Yesterday at 10:02:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: last question
    Yesterday at 10:02:46 PM
  • Daddy: Only the newest NBA LIVE rosters are unknown as we will go with the newest version for the upcoming 2024/25 season.
    Yesterday at 10:02:54 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE you must wait.
    Yesterday at 10:03:15 PM
  • Daddy: It doesnt start till 6/1
    Yesterday at 10:03:28 PM
  • Daddy: We just work fast ;)
    Yesterday at 10:03:45 PM
  • Daddy: Looks like its ready but the SS isnt finished and we cant do transactions till we finish.
    Yesterday at 10:04:25 PM
  • Daddy: Its not like the others. Its got NHL/AHL and formulas need perfected.
    Yesterday at 10:04:56 PM
  • Daddy: A lot of LIVE GMs came after i had won in football and built a monster in baseball. Many of you weren't there for the start. Like STLBlues. Like Braves. So you talk smack to the old Man (me).
    Yesterday at 10:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: I cannot wait to start these virgin leagues. So that (you too BAB) can get your deserved foots from day one. :)
    Yesterday at 10:10:30 PM
  • Daddy: Size 13 (lubricant included sponsored by *Acme Bigfoot Jelly Inc)
    Yesterday at 10:12:47 PM
  • Brent: I don't know Hockey, but NHL Live sounds good.  I probably shouldn't have left FGM as I have a little more time than I thought after leaving a bunch of other leagues.
    Yesterday at 10:38:24 PM
  • STLBlues91: Think there are 3 more teams left until NHL gets filled up
    Yesterday at 10:40:10 PM
  • Daddy: Four (4) NY Islanders >> Nashville Predators >> Ottawa Senators >> LA Kings
    Yesterday at 10:50:47 PM
  • Daddy: They each had owners who uncommitted two of them went to other sites to try to copy the concept. Problem is no Daddy, no staff,  no LIVE.
    Yesterday at 10:52:54 PM
  • Daddy: Nobody on Earth does hockey like we are about to do it. Its a shame 28 teams are gone without most of the true profsl hockey guys signing up. That's a huge loss. For them.
    Yesterday at 10:54:45 PM
  • Daddy: If you love hockey and you love dynasty and you arent in LIVE than you must hate me or competition more than you love the others. Which is petty & not worth our efforts anyway.
    Yesterday at 10:56:10 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE Spreadsheet [link] should be available to be seen.
    Yesterday at 11:35:31 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent we sincerely hope that you do join as a HOF level dynasty GM. The rules and a lot of format carry over from one LIVE league to another.
    Yesterday at 11:56:46 PM
  • Daddy: We believe that even if you don't know a sport well, we provide the material, and enough guidance advice that any disadvantages are minimized. Hockey is one of the greatest sports of all time.
    Yesterday at 11:58:09 PM