Author Topic: RP Compensation Rules - An Open Forum with RC Participation  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
RP Compensation Rules - An Open Forum with RC Participation
« on: February 22, 2015, 05:08:09 PM »
During recent years the compensation rules for RPs has been mentioned, but never fully addressed.  In my estimation, our present rules for compensation do not fit.

For the purpose of discussion and review, please consider the following:

Presently, a player who is listed as a SP-RP, is scored differently then a position player, and as a result, his fantasy numbers are essentially inflated.  When our position players are ranked, each has a value for their position of eligibility.  To illustrate this, let’s look at Brock Holt, a player currently on the Twins roster.  Holt has eligibility as a CI-MI-OF.  In our Fantrax rankings, Brock Holt has three different players rankings based upon his points at a given position.  We all know that we have to use the last two years to get the highest ranking, but for our purposes, I am only going to use the 2014 rankings

MI - #28 – 1457.36 points (13.75 ppg) --- $5.0m (Contract Extension)
CI - #43 – 1547.40 points (14.6 ppg) --- $4.5m (Contract Extension)
OF - #35 – 2243.6 points (21.17 ppg) --- $6.5m (Contract Extension)

He is in the last year of his contract and our Rules say: “Contract extensions are based on looking up the player's highest salary per ranking by each eligible position in both the current season and the last season.”

A player who is a SP-RP is not governed by the same ranking differentials.  If you look at the highest ranking RP in our Fantrax data base, you will see it is Carlos Carrasco, a P on the Arizona roster. Here are his 2014 rankings:

RP - #1 – 1462.03 (36.55 ppg) --- $15.0m (Contract Extension)
SP - #72 – 1462.03 (36.55 ppg) --- $4.0m (Contract Extension)

While a position player gets differential rankings based on the points of a given position (like Brock Holt), a SP-RP has no such differential.  The points for a SP are the same as the points for a RP.  This inflates the value of a player who is classified as a SP-RP.  It also creates an untenable situation in terms of Free Agency on a variety of fronts. 

The present owner cannot really extend a RP based on the present extension salary scale because the cost of such an extension is prohibitive.  If you were to review the rosters of each of the teams in FGM, you will find two RPs with a salary of $5.0m (recently signed Kendall Graveman, who is actually slated to be the #5 SP for Oakland, and Aroldis Chapman), there is one RP with a $4.5m salary, one with a salary of $4.0m and one with a salary of $3.5m.  This is for the entire league!  Who, among us, is going to sign a RP extension where only 5 RPs in the entire league have a salary commensurate with the top 25 spots on the Contract Extension Salary Scale?  With that, why in the world would anyone be entitled to a #1 draft pick because of a system which inflates their value to the level of a Type A position player? 

A veteran GM brought this issue up when he posted the following:

“Looking through the players that quality as RPs for ranking purposes and possible pick compensation, there seems to be a very big issue with many players being SPs now that still carry the RP eligibility.  I think this skews the rankings systems and players that should qualify for pick compensation will not qualify because a SP is bumping them down the list.  I understand that some guys are SP's and longer releivers and do both, however there are many (I can list them) that do not have a relief apperance this season and are over 25 starts.  Some haven't ever pitched in relief in the majors and the RP was just carried up with the from the minors.  I think the guys that have not pitched in relief this season or ever in the majors should have RP removed to more accurately depict who is an RP and ensure that the right players are being ranked. “

In another thread, a new GM noted the following:

“I'm in the RP comp being too high boat. It basically makes any Type A/B RP un-signable for a year. I stupidly forgot to look at the Type A/B thread when I picked up Mark Melancon...I wondered why no one bid on him until I lost my 1st rounder.”

As you contemplate the ramifications of those observations, here are the top 4 RPs (who are not SP-RPs) for the past two years.  In parentheses you will see where their fantasy points rank in comparison to a SP.  This comparison is only to illustrate that their value is not even close to the value one gets from a SP and therefore, not worthy of Type A consideration:

Dellin Betances, NYY (LAD) 1195 (17.07) #1 - #103
Wade Davis, KC (BAL) 983.74 (13.86) #2 - #119
Carlos Torres, NYM (TOR) 878.74 (12.04) #3 - #133
Miller, Andrew - NYY (SEA) 852.68 (11.68) #4 - #138

7 RP Rogers, Esmil - NYY FA  964.32 (21.92) #1 - #118 (20 Starts)
8 RP Uehara, Koji - BOS (HOU) 955.72 (13.09) #2 - #120
9 RP Jansen, Kenley - LAD (LAD) 944.45 (12.59)  #3 - #122
10 RP Davis, Wade - KC (BAL) 944.34 (30.46) #4 - #123 (24 Starts)

Recommendation:
Since Ps do not have differential points based upon whether they are SPs or RPs, once a player qualifies as a SP, he should not be considered a RP for Type A draft pick compensation purposes.  Compensation for the loss of a RP should be in the form of one supplemental pick, like a Type B free agent, based upon his fantasy points, for the top 30 RPs.  This would be more in line with their true value to the league.

In terms of scoring, since there is no point differential between a SP and RP, there is no way to regulate use in our daily lineups.  We do have a limit on GS and IP, so their value is subject to the limits of these rules.  However, I recommend an adjustment of the Contract Extension Salary Scale so that extensions could be more manageable for GMs who want to keep their RPs.

There are probably a lot of other things to consider I haven’t thought of, but I think our Compensation Rules for RPs is out of whack.  Please consider what I have written and offer your thoughts on the situation.  I am asking for feedback from the Rules Committee on this issue, however, in this particular instance, since I have quoted two GMs who are members of FGM, others are welcome to participate in this public forum. However, I really do not want this to turn into a full-fledged debate.  After a week or so, I will try and summarize the thoughts presented and bring the issue before the Rules Committee for a formal vote.  I believe this is an issue that needs our attention and I look forward to your feedback.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: RP Compensation Rules - An Open Forum with RC Participation
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 09:33:34 PM »
I agree that RP salaries are out of whack.

My proposal is to eliminate the RP distinction for extension purposes and to have one category for all pitcher extensions.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 09:56:42 AM »
I agree that RP type A/B compensation needs to be adjusted.  I'm not sure one category for pitchers would work as the values may not line up correctly.  I'm sure there is no perfect solution but I think the first thing we can fix is the compensation before looking at extension values.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »
I am in favor of the compensation being tweaked, but any changes need to take effect at the conclusion of 2015.  Several teams have accumulated expiring RP contracts (which has been a tried and true strategy in the past) playing under the current rule system. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »
The problem with lumping all P into one catagory is that  you would end up with  no compensation for any RP. Based on this year's FA class, the top 40% (72) in "Pitchers" are all SP with the exception of one (#72 Carlos Carrasco). That would tip the scales too far the other way.
The way I see it we have a few possible solutions:
1.) Fantrax filters are currently set so tht SP needs 4 starts from either this year OR last year. RP need 12 relief appearances this year OR last. This could be tweaked to fit our purposes.
2.) Reduce the percentage down from 20% the number of RP who qualify as Type A FA
3.) Eliminate RP from Type A status completely.
One warning- FGM is already a "hitter friendly" league. We have to consider the effects on pitching  so as not to under value it even further.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:04:12 PM by BHows »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline jpmanchester

• All-Star
    • :LAL:
    • :LAG:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 03:48:36 PM »
Here's a few things I would suggest to bring RP values in line. Just for reference, the top two SP last year scored 2642 and 2619, and the top two RP-only scored 1200 and 980. The top 2 swingmen were 1462 and 1163 pts.

In light of that, I'd recommend the following changes:
1. Only the top 20% of RP get compensation picks.
2. All RP comp picks are Type B.
3. Adjust the salary scale for RP to start at 25% of the SP1 scale. So the top RP would start at $6m and decrease to $1M fairly quickly. 6m-5m-5m-4.5m-4.5m-4m-4m-etc.

A couple notes:
1. I don't think lumping all pitchers in one category is feasible since at most 1-2 RP probably would even rank in SP scale.

2. I don't think it makes sense to only rank a swigman SP/RP as only one or the other since you'd get a top 5 RP swingman at something like $1m on the SP scale but they'd be a top RP in an RP roster spot.

3. I don't think we should adjust thresholds for SP/RP status. Fixing comp and salary should get it in line. We can't avoid the SP/RP swingmen types, but I think the above proposals would put their salaries close enough that you wouldn't need to adjust the thresholds for RP/SP. If re-signing a top RP swingman, their RP value would be about $3-4m more than their SP value.

3a. Example: top two swingmen this year were 1462 and 1163, #1 and #3 RP's. So Carrasco at #1RP and #72SP, would be valued at $6m on RP scale and $4m on SP scale. Petit would #3RP #106SP, so something like $1m SP and $5m RP.

4. There's really only a few RP and swingmen at the top that are difference makers, so only giving comp for the top 20% (top 36 RP) makes sense IMO.

Numbers might need to be tweaked a little bit for the salary scale, but I think those proposals would make re-signing RP eligible pitchers feasible in some of the top cases. And not give an out of whack comp if you let them go.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 04:34:57 PM »
I agree with jpmanchester.  Those are really good ideas.  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 08:22:52 PM »
The attached link is the projected 1st Rd and Compensation Table for this year's FA class. With this table the two remaining FA (Ianetta and Aybar) are assumed to be signed by teams with non-protected picks. Doing so serves the purpose of the debate as these are the highest possible compensations for relievers.
Alfredo Simon and Josh Collmenter (SP/RP) scored the most point and their compensation value is Overall picks #39, #40 and #41, #42. Since they can be used solely as SP this year an argument can be made that this is just compensation. Compensation for the remaining 3 Type A FA RP is picks #43 thru #48. Picks #49 thru #60 are for Type B relievers.
In short, I'm not so sure that the rules governing compensation for relievers is that far off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_OU8aymhMwhcTdTVFJib196VXc/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I just realized that Aybar is a Type B so he can't be compensated with a draft pick. Therefore, all players must be bumped down one.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:52:44 AM by BHows »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »
I agree that lumping one list of P was too drastic, so here's a simple alternative.

Form a list of the best RP and find out what proportion of points they earn relative to SP.  Let's say it turns out to be 25%.  Take the extension values of SP and divide them by 4.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 02:42:48 PM »
There has been some good ideas discussed here so far, and please bear with me as I add this to the dialogue. 

From my PMs and e-mails with some of the original GMs who put together FGM, the salary scales we currently use are based on contracts from 2010.  I have randomly cross-checked a variety of salaries throughout all the positions with the salaries listed on Cot's Baseball Contracts, and for the most part, it seems that all the salaries are based on the contracts players received in 2010.  There are some contracts that don't go with this explanation, (i.e., C-7 $5m (Posey, Buster), and I have no way of knowing if there was some minor adjustments to the salary scales over the years, but for the most part, the salaries we use for rankings seem to coincide with the salaries from 2010.

When compared to the salaries of 2010, we all know that the salaries of 2015 have increased because increased MLB spending in the free agent market.  With that in mind, I utilized the contract information provided by Sportrac, a site dedicated to MLB salaries.   Here is a link to that site if you’re interested:  http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/rankings/base/relief-pitcher/

That said, the suggestion has been made to "Adjust the salary scale for RP to start at 25% of the SP1 scale."   In reference to that premise, I updated our current 78 tiered RP salary scale with the information listed on Sportrac.  In addition, I updated the top 20 SP salaries for comparison purposes.

Here are the top 20 salaries of SPs for 2010 vs 2015:

2010 Salary Rankings                      2015 Salary Rankings

SP-1 $23m (Sabathia, CC)---------------SP-1 $30.0m (Kershaw, Clayton)
SP-2 $23m (Santana, Johan)------------SP-2 $28.0m (Verlander, Justin)
SP-3 $18.5m (Zambrano, Carlos)--------SP-3 $25.0m (Lee, Cliff)
SP-4 $18m (Hernandez, Felix)-----------SP-4 $24.0m (Hernandez, Felix)
SP-5 $18m (Verlander, Justin)-----------SP-5 $23.0m (Greinke, Zach)
SP-6 $18m (Zito, Barry)   ----------------SP-6 $23.0m (Sabathia, CC)
SP-7 $16.5m (Burnett, A.J.)--------------SP-7 $22.5m (Hamels, Cole)
SP-8 $15.5m (Myers, Brett)--------------SP-8 $22.0m (Tanaka, Masahiro)
SP-9 $15m (Lowe, Derek)---------------SP-9 $20.0m (Cain, Matt)
SP-10 $14.5m (Oswalt, Roy)------------SP-10 $20.0m (Price, David)
SP-11 $14.5m (Rodriguez, Wandy)-----SP-11 $19.5m (Wainwright, Adam)
SP-12 $14m (Buehrle, Mark)------------SP-12 $19.0m (Buehrle, Mark)
SP-13 $14m (Nolasco, Ricky)-----------SP-13 $18.0m (Weaver, Jered)
SP-14 $14m (Peavy, Jake)---------------SP-14 $18.0m (Wilson, C.J.)
SP-15 $13.5m (Halladay, Roy)----------SP-15 $18.0m (Lincecum, Tim)
SP-16 $13.5m (Johnson, Josh)----------SP-16 $16.5m (Zimmerman, Jordan)
SP-17 $13m (Dempster, Ryan)----------SP-17 $16.0m (Sanchez, Anibal)
SP-18 $13m (Jackson, Edwin)-----------SP-18 $15.0m (Lester, Jon)
SP-19 $12.5m (Carpenter, Chris)--------SP-19 $14.0m (Danks, John)
SP-20 $12m (Millwood, Kevin)----------SP-20 $14.0m (Gallardo, Yovani)

From these salaries you can see that the salaries of the top SPs has increased dramatically.  If you compare the salaries for RPs in the same way, you can see that the suggested 25% is basically reflected in the salaries received by the top 78 RPs.  The top end or the RP salary scale is actually lower and the bottom end is a little higher.  Here is an updated salary schedule for RPs—with a comparison of the 2010 scale to the current 2015 scale.

Relief Pitchers Salary Scales

2010 Salary Scale                                                2015 Salary Scale

RP-1 $15m (Rivera, Mariano)--------------------RP-1 $9.0m (Broxton, Jonathan)
RP-2 $13.5m (Lidge, Brad)………………………………..RP-2 $9.0m (Miller, Andrew)
RP-3 $12.5m (Broxton, Jonathan)……………………..RP-3 $8.5m (Clippard, Tyler)
RP-4 $12.5m (Rodriguez, Francisco)…………………RP-4 $7.5m (League, Brandon)
RP-5 $12m (Nathan, Joe)………………………………….RP-5 $7.0m (Davis, Wade)
RP-6 $11.5m (Cordero, Francisco)…………………….RP-6 $7.0m (Soria, Joakim)
RP-7 $10.5m (Bell, Heath)…………………………………RP-7 $7.0m (Belfour, Grant)
RP-8 $10.5m (Wood, Kerry)……………………………...RP-8 $6.5m (Marshall, Sean)
RP-9 $9m (Fuentes, Brian)...........................................RP-9 $6.0m (Gregerson, Luke)
RP-10 $7m (Ryan, B.J.)...................................................RP-10 $5.5m (Storen, Drew)
RP-11 $5m (Francisco, Frank).....................................RP-11 $5.5m (Neskek, Pat)
RP-12 $5m (Runzler, Dan)...........................................RP-12 $5.5m (O’Flathery, Eric)
RP-13 $5m (Shields, Scot)...........................................RP-13 $5.5m (Logan, Boone)
RP-14 $4.5m (Linebrink, Scott)..................................RP-14 $5.0m (Smith, Joe)
RP-15 $4m (Affeldt, Jeremy).......................................RP-15 $4.5m (Affeldt, Jeremy)
RP-16 $4m (Farnsworth, Kyle)....................................RP-16 $4.5m (Ziegler, Brad)
RP-17 $4m (Jenks, Bobby)...........................................RP-17 $4.5m (Romo, Sergio)
RP-18 $4m (Madson, Ryan)........................................RP-18 $4.5m (Mujica, Edward)
RP-19 $4m (Marte, Damaso) .....................................RP-19 $4.5m (Hunter, Tommy)
RP-20 $4m (Romero, J.C.) ...........................................RP-20 $4.5m (Duke, Zach)
RP-21 $4m (Speier, Justin) .........................................RP-21 $4.5m (Motte, Jason)
RP-22 $3.5m (Downs, Scott) .....................................RP-22 $4.0m (O’Day, Darren)
RP-23 $3.5m (Marshall, Sean) ..................................RP-23 $4.0m (Grilli, Jason)
RP-24 $3.5m (Papelbon, Jonathan) .......................RP-24 $4.0m (Lopez, Javier)
RP-25 $3.5m (Wheeler, Dan) ....................................RP-25 $4.0m (Howell, J.P.)
RP-26 $3m (Cruz, Juan) ..............................................RP-26 $4.0m (Hochevar, Luke)
RP-27 $3m (Soria, Joakim) ........................................RP-27 $4.0m (Estrada, Marco)
RP-28 $2.5m (Bard, Daniel) .......................................RP-28 $3.5m (Parnell, Bobby)
RP-29 $2.5m (Embree, Alan) .....................................RP-29 $3.5m (Parra, Manny)
RP-30 $2.5m (Marmol, Carlos) .................................RP-30 $3.5m (Thorton, Matt)
RP-31 $2.5m (Park, Chan Ho) ...................................RP-31 $3.5m (Belisle, Matt)
RP-32 $2.5m (Rauch, Jon) ..........................................RP-32 $3.5m (Detwiler, Ross)
RP-33 $2.5m (Soriano, Rafael) .................................RP-33 $3.0m (Matusz, Brian)
RP-34 $2.5m (Street, Huston) ..................................RP-34 $3.0m (Bastardo, Antonio)
RP-35 $2m (Adams, Mike) .........................................RP-35 $3.0m (Jepsen, Kevin)
RP-36 $2m (Corpas, Manuel) ....................................RP-36 $3.0m (Cotts, Neal)
RP-37 $2m (Guzman, Angel) .....................................RP-37 $3.0m (Choate, Randy)
RP-38 $2m (Hawkins, LaTroy) ...................................RP-38 $3.0m (Kelley, Shawn)
RP-39 $2m (Kobayahsi, Masahide) .........................RP-39 $2.5m (Webb, Ryan)
RP-40 $2m (Miller, Trever) ........................................RP-40 $2.5m (Duensing, Brian)
RP-41 $2m (Rhodes, Arthur) ....................................RP-41 $2.5m (Axford, John)
RP-42 $2m (Sherrill, George) ....................................RP-42 $2.5m (Strop, Pedro
RP-43 $2m (Wagner, Billy) ........................................RP-43 $2.5m (Walden, Jordan)
RP-44 $1.5m (Aardsma, David) ................................RP-44 $2.5m (Peralta, Joel)
RP-45 $1.5m (Bonser, Boof) ......................................RP-45 $2.5m (Perez, Oliver)
RP-46 $1.5m (Bruney, Brian) ......................................RP-46 $2.5m (Williams, Jerome)
RP-47 $1.5m (Capps, Matt) ........................................RP-47 $2.5m (Cecil, Brett)
RP-48 $1.5m (Delcarmen, Manny) ..........................RP-48 $2.5m (Russell, James)
RP-49 $1.5m (Durbin, Chad) .....................................RP-49 $2.5m (Sipp, Tony)
RP-50 $1.5m (Feliciano, Pedro) ................................RP-50 $2.5m (Blevins, Jerry)
RP-51 $1.5m (Franklin, Ryan) ....................................RP-51 $2.5m (Rzepczynski, Marc)
RP-52 $1.5m (Gonzalez, Mike) .................................RP-52 $2.5m (Dunn, Michael)
RP-53 $1.5m (Hanrahan, Joel) ..................................RP-53 $2.5m (Nicasio, Juan)
RP-54 $1.5m (Hoffman, Trevor) ...............................RP-54 $2.0m (Stammen, Craig)
RP-55 $1.5m (Howell, J.P.) ..........................................RP-55 $2.0m (Tazawa, Junichi)
RP-56 $1.5m (Kuo, Hong-Chih) ................................RP-56 $2.0m (Stauffer, Tim)
RP-57 $1.5m (Lewis, Colby) ........................................RP-57 $2.0m (Chavez, Jesse)
RP-58 $1.5m (Lincoln, Mike) ......................................RP-58 $2.0m (Petit, Yusmeiro)
RP-59 $1.5m (Monasterios, Carlos) .........................RP-59 $2.0m (Hernandez, David)
RP-60 $1.5m (Qualls, Chad) .......................................RP-60 $2.0m (Breslow, Craig)
RP-61 $1.5m (Reyes, Dennys) ...................................RP-61 $1.5m (Crow, Aaron)
RP-62 $1.5m (Rodney, Fernando) ...........................RP-62 $1.5m (LeClure, Sam)
RP-63 $1.5m (Saito, Takashi) .....................................RP-63 $1.5m (Watson, Tony)
RP-64 $1.5m (Wilson, C.J.) ..........................................RP-64 $1.5m (Alburquerque, Al)
RP-65 $1m (Betancourt, Rafael) ...............................RP-65 $1.5m (Wright, Wesley)
RP-66 $1m (Calero, Kiko) ...........................................RP-66 $1.5m (Herrera, Kelvin)
RP-67 $1m (Camp, Shawn) ........................................RP-67 $1.5m (Shaw, Bryan)
RP-68 $1m (Eyre, Scott) ..............................................RP-68 $1.5m (Tomlin, Josh)
RP-69 $1m (Frasor, Jason) ..........................................RP-69 $1.5m (Perez, Chris)
RP-70 $1m (Gutierrez, Juan) ......................................RP-70 $1.5m (Ogando, Alexi)
RP-71 $1m (Heilman, Aaron) ....................................RP-71 $1.5m (Collins, Tim)
RP-72 $1m (Kilby, Brad) ..............................................RP-72 $1.5m (Phelps, David)
RP-73 $1m (League, Brandon) .................................RP-73 $1.5m (Brothers, Rex)
RP-74 $1m (Medders, Brandon) ..............................RP-74 $1.5m (Cook, Ryan)
RP-75 $1m (Mota, Guillermo) ..................................RP-75 $1.5m (Thayer, Dale)
RP-76 $1m (Okajima, Hideki) ....................................RP-76 $1.5m (Fien, Casey)
RP-77 $1m (Tawaza, Junichi) ....................................RP-77 $1.5m (Salas, Fernando)   
RP-78 $1m (Thornton, Matt) .....................................RP-78 $1.5m (Ramos, Cesar)

As has been suggested in another thread, updating our salary schedules to reflect the current free agent market is something that needs to be done.  I believe that is at the heart of resolving our dilemma with RP compensation.

We all use a variety of players on (P-n/a) contracts of $0.5m to stretch our salary cap dollars.  With that, the 2015 RP Salary Schedule would seem to make it easier to give some of our RPs extensions, instead of just allowing them to go to Free Agency.  That said, I agree with BHows when (paraphrasing) he says FGM is a hitter friendly league and we have to guard against further devaluation of our Pitchers.  In our daily lineups, we have 5 RPs on a given day, and with our pitching limits, RPs are of value to each of our teams.  With the revision of the salary rankings, I believe that we can keep our current formula for establishing a Type A & B free agent if we do something like the following:

Therefore, for Franchise GM, Type A FA are:
Top 6 C
Top 12 MI, CI
Top 15 OF
Top 30 SP
Top 7 RP

Type B FA are:
7th - 12th ranked C
13th - 24th ranked MI, CI
16th - 30th ranked OF
31st - 60th ranked SP
8th - 13th ranked RP

This would go along with the idea of adjusting the value of RPs to 25% of SPs and allow RPs to retain some value in FGM (#7 and #13 are used as cutoff limits because of the salary changes at those levels on the new scale).

This is, of course, in the discussion phase, so please share your thoughts.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    April 17, 2024, 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    April 17, 2024, 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    April 17, 2024, 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    April 17, 2024, 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    April 17, 2024, 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    April 17, 2024, 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    April 17, 2024, 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    April 17, 2024, 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    April 17, 2024, 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    April 17, 2024, 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    April 17, 2024, 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 11:00:36 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS looking very tough for one team :ANA: 155.05 v 236.25 :NYR: with only today's games left to plan. :judge: [link]
    April 18, 2024, 10:44:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any deals
    April 18, 2024, 06:30:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here early for talks.
    April 19, 2024, 09:14:02 AM
  • Rob: SlackJack and his Arizona Coyotes are DNHL Champs for the 2nd year in a row.  Congrats!!  [link]
    April 19, 2024, 09:37:43 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: Congrats to the 2024 FNHL NYR on winning it all!
    April 19, 2024, 02:23:56 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco: FNHL FINALS OFFICIAL SCORE :ANA: ANH 160.15 v 247.3 :NYR: NYR
    April 19, 2024, 02:25:02 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: Well done, FNHL's CaliHkyGuy [link] :winner:
    April 19, 2024, 02:37:42 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talsk'
    April 19, 2024, 04:11:46 PM
  • STLBlues91: talks**
    April 19, 2024, 04:11:51 PM
  • Daddy: Ever since the Academy Awards a couple years back, ive been working on my slap technique.
    April 19, 2024, 10:21:13 PM
  • Daddy: Being a Philadelphia native, Will Smith has set the bar very high for us and its not like you can just slap random folk for practice.
    April 19, 2024, 10:22:18 PM
  • Braves155: Yo, who around rn?
    April 20, 2024, 10:35:56 AM
  • Rhino7: They do have slap fighting you could try
    April 20, 2024, 12:51:07 PM
  • Daddy: Damn they got slap fighting???
    April 20, 2024, 01:14:10 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Oh yeah they do. It's brutal.
    April 20, 2024, 04:02:39 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Usually on PPV. If you get into that try English phone booth fighting!!!
    April 20, 2024, 04:03:47 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Yup, UFC owned if im not mistaken. They handing out CTE for breakfast over there
    April 20, 2024, 07:18:25 PM
  • Daddy: Will Smith would be Drago in that sport.
    April 20, 2024, 07:58:15 PM
  • Daddy: I would be Clubber Lang
    April 20, 2024, 08:00:04 PM
  • Daddy: @Jwalkerjr88 i bet you are itching to trade or build something right now. Too bad you hate baseball. MLB LIVE be jumping when NFL LIVE rests (not that it rests much but still) :) .
    April 21, 2024, 02:00:29 AM
  • Jon: daddy, your the only game in town now for CFB on the board.  I removed Fansville as i decided i am not giving any more money to Fantrax for premium settings.  My leagues are free
    April 21, 2024, 11:32:55 AM
  • Braves155: MLB LIVE :NYY: has OF for trade looking for INF/pitching
    April 21, 2024, 01:51:13 PM
  • Daddy: Its always better for the site to have at least 2 leagues for each sport. However @Jon i understand the decision.
    April 21, 2024, 01:53:02 PM
  • Daddy: Fantrax fees do get expensive. Its like $110-$120 per league per year and when its all out of your own pocket and you do most of the work, its hard to find value in that.
    April 21, 2024, 01:55:06 PM
  • Daddy: Its like i been gone for a month all these PMs. Lordy! I hope its some trade talk in there.
    April 22, 2024, 11:04:36 AM
  • Daddy: Nope, nobody wants my junk players. It was all admin.
    April 22, 2024, 11:48:14 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: hahaha
    April 22, 2024, 04:10:00 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: 0 messages here.
    April 22, 2024, 08:27:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Mlb live indians looking to move p woo suk go
    Yesterday at 05:51:59 PM
  • Daddy: What is it the Indians are offering exactly, sounds like a private matter.
    Yesterday at 07:28:24 PM
  • Daddy: @BAB see MLB LIVE current bidding. (Pagan) :toth:
    Today at 12:29:18 AM