Author Topic: Article I - League Settings & Requirements  (Read 1826 times)

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Blank:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Article I - League Settings & Requirements
« on: August 28, 2015, 10:03:11 AM »
Section A: League Premise
To represent the current atmosphere of MLB for GMs in a manner that works effectively with fantasy baseball while not making it overly complicated to play.  The league will be a free league on Fantrax.

Section B: GM Requirements
Item B I: GM Appointment
There are no prerequisites for entry into this league.  The official signup / waiting list provides candidates to be considered.  New GM appointments are made at the commissioner's discretion.  For existing ProFSL members, the basis of approval is judged by activity on the ProFSL forum, membership in other ProFSL leagues, experience, and reason for applying to FGM.  In the event the waiting list is empty or those waiting are not interested in the available team the Commissioner reserves the right to appoint a GM.

Item B II: Activity
As a GM in this league, there are five pillars by which participation will be measured:
  • Participation in Free Agency - You must be an active member of the ProFSL forum as all transactions are decided by bidding on the Franchise GM boards.
  • Setting lineups during the season in Fantrax
  • Participation in the amateur draft - Voluntary auto draft or opt out is considered participation.
  • Responding to PMs It is expected that GMs respond to all PMs from the commissioner or other GMs in the league (i.e. trade requests, etc.). All members are under a subjective 'contract' to all other Franchise GM members to respond to all inquiries and offers in a positive and timely manner. (See Etiquette below.)
  • Logging in to ProFSL - The expectation is that Franchise GM members will log on to the ProFSL site at least once every 14 days (two weeks).
Penalty: This league uses a three strikes penalty approach.  Any GM who fails to meet any of these five pillars of participation, without prior communication, may be assessed a "strike."  You will receive notification that you failed to meet one of these expectations and may be asked to respond accordingly.  Any member who reaches three "strikes" may be relieved of his GM duties by the commissioner.

Etiquette
This league is meant to be fun and enjoyable.  It is certainly not expected that you put your life on hold to play in this league.  There are times when things come up that prevent us from having the time to put as much effort in as we would like.  In this league, we make every effort to mitigate that impact and provide ways to work around or through these things.  That said there are some points of etiquette to address:
  • Activity: If you plan on going on a hiatus of any type (vacation, busy with work) please notify the commissioner ahead of time.  If we know there are issues or reasons, you will not be around, we can take the necessary steps to ensure your team is taken care of (auto draft, pms to address specific items).  The point is: Please communicate.  This makes it easier to work with these issues.
  • Responding to PMs: Much like in our everyday lives, when someone comes up to speak with us, it is only in good manners to respond.  This is not an attempt to create more trades or transactions, but to generate a good community within the league.  News travels fast, and if you were to ignore a certain member, odds are other members will become aware of it.  Many of us are friends throughout the site, and keep in touch with all facets of Franchise GM and other leagues, including responsive and unresponsive GM's.

If you do not like an inquiry or offer, a simple 'No thanks' is perfectly acceptable within a time frame of reason, rather than ignoring the message entirely.  Sometimes a member simply forgets to get back to someone, but a repeated lack of responses will be noticed and reported, subjective to the time frame and dialogue exchanged. 
  • Resigning: There is no shame in having to step away.  Life is far more important than this game.  If things come up and you need to step away, please reach out and communicate this.  If you decide at some point you would like to come back, this communication will be a point in your favor when we consider your request.
The ultimate goal is to ensure that GM's are being positive members, and the league has 30 active GM's.  We want Franchise GM to be a stalwart of quality fantasy baseball, and I feel I speak for all of us when I say that our biggest goal is to have fun and enjoy some competitive fantasy sports.

Item B III: GM Transfers
FGM is designed for the long term development of it's franchises by dedicated ownership. When a GM position becomes open and a current GM requests to move into that opening, consideration will be given to those seeking to transfer based on a combination of the following criteria:
  • Tenure within FGM itself (9 mo. minimum with current franchise)
  • Success within FGM
  • Desire to rebuild a less successful franchise
  • Requested GMs stated favorite MLB team
Item B IV: Franchise Names
Your franchise name is tied to the actual MLB franchise.  If the team name changes, or the franchise moves to a different city, your team name must adapt.  In the event of contraction, your team name remains grandfathered unless you decide to take on a different franchise in MLB that may become open.

Section C: Rosters
Item C I: Roster Sizes
  • MLB rosters will have no minimum and a 40 player maximum
  • Minor league rosters will have no minimum and a 20 player maximum
Item C II: Lineups
  • The lineups can be set daily.  Roster is locked 1 minute before games start.
  • The scoring period is weekly, Monday thru Sunday
  • Lineups consist of the following positions:
    • C (1)
    • CI (2)
    • MI (2)
    • OF (3)
    • Util (1)
    • SP (5)
    • RP (6)
Article I Update Log
Adopted 9/20/15

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 11:03:01 AM by ldsjayhawk »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Mt_Crushmore: im nfl
    April 25, 2024, 04:47:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Understood BAB
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:25 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Always NFL Brian
    April 25, 2024, 05:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    April 25, 2024, 05:06:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Can't wait to see the madness
    April 25, 2024, 05:10:27 PM
  • Daddy: God im sooooooo busy today. Im trying to get errands and profsl done before the draft :doh:
    April 25, 2024, 06:05:24 PM
  • Daddy: There is no way but im gonna keep at it.
    April 25, 2024, 06:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: as long as u r here for draft
    April 25, 2024, 06:08:49 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Go pack go
    April 25, 2024, 07:26:45 PM
  • Daddy: I thought i had converted you to a Ram fan by now @janes (insert eye emoji)
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:47 PM
  • Braves155: Sup guys
    April 25, 2024, 07:35:57 PM
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT second only to the NFL LIVE Draft in entertainment!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:12 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM Change your NFL LIVE teams future with these guys right here!
    April 25, 2024, 08:52:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Plan on it.
    April 25, 2024, 09:25:23 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Interesting developments so far. If you need a QB in NFL Live. Plenty of them have 1st round pedigree
    April 25, 2024, 10:53:26 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Draft Room [link] current picks, 2024 preview & history.
    April 25, 2024, 11:06:17 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, what are your thoughts on the NFL Draft thus far?
    April 25, 2024, 11:34:39 PM
  • Braves155: Or anyone, what ya think?
    April 25, 2024, 11:35:07 PM
  • dbreer23: Vegeta100 PM
    April 25, 2024, 11:40:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of surprised tonight as expected. Offensive heavy. 6 QBs in the 1st. 7 WRs. Fun night
    Yesterday at 12:52:03 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of NFL Live implications. Cant wait to see it unfold. On to night 2
    Yesterday at 12:52:28 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i wish we took cooper Frick
    Yesterday at 01:05:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we coulda waited on pearsall
    Yesterday at 01:05:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: as much as i do like him a bit cuz he was dceent at ASU and solid at UF
    Yesterday at 01:05:26 AM
  • Daddy: Who is cooper Frick? What position he play
    Yesterday at 02:57:55 AM
  • Brent: BAB, yeah, Cooper is a beast.
    Yesterday at 07:21:11 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Daddy I was just expressing my displeasure that we passed on cooper dejean. I strongly felt cb was a bigger need or ol than wr
    Yesterday at 10:28:14 AM
  • Daddy: I get it
    Yesterday at 10:39:43 AM
  • Daddy: I dont understand everything i saw last night. The biggest winner to me was Gardner Minshew
    Yesterday at 10:40:41 AM
  • Daddy: Raiders, Atlanta both should have traded back if they were gonna do what they did. IMO
    Yesterday at 10:41:23 AM
  • Daddy: Atlanta could have fleeced Minny and let them draft JJ #6 then still get Penix before Denver/LV
    Yesterday at 10:42:24 AM
  • Daddy: Its like Brian is running the Raiders.
    Yesterday at 10:43:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ya know what speaking of gardener I did trade for him this off-season
    Yesterday at 10:46:49 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I honestly wouldn't have minded pearsall but I saw him as a Rd 2 target not Rd 1. Great to see another former alumni join the niners.
    Yesterday at 10:48:21 AM
  • Daddy: 49ers made a smart pick IMO.
    Yesterday at 02:25:27 PM
  • Daddy: Their WRs need contracts and Deebo has been used a lot for a guy his size already.
    Yesterday at 02:26:18 PM
  • Daddy: They cant and wont keep them all beyond this year.
    Yesterday at 02:27:17 PM
  • Daddy: Plenty of Defense left. Only 9 guys on D got drafted last night. NONE of them will be 1st rd picks in LIVE. In fact i dont think a D player gets drafted at all in LIVE till round 3.
    Yesterday at 02:29:01 PM
  • Daddy: If you want a S or CB @BAB your Niners will get one.
    Yesterday at 02:30:45 PM
  • Daddy: If anyone questions the potency or quality of Colorado marijuana, i got two words for you. Bo Nix
    Yesterday at 02:32:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: lets see what we do today
    Yesterday at 06:15:44 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of great players remaining on the board
    Yesterday at 06:48:05 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Prospects rather
    Yesterday at 06:48:13 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Per my own eval at least
    Yesterday at 06:48:25 PM
  • Daddy: There are still +220 picks to be made. So. Yeah.
    Yesterday at 07:35:23 PM
  • Daddy: If you got ANY extra loot laying around. Pick #33 will definitely be a WR. Probably got to wager $5 to win $1 by now but the line was -400 last i looked.
    Yesterday at 07:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: #33 + WR = $$$
    Yesterday at 07:37:36 PM
  • Daddy: My guess Keon Coleman. I put it out there. Now im going to drink my crown and smoke a cigar. Rounds 2 & 3 begins in 10 minutes.
    Yesterday at 07:49:11 PM
  • Daddy: Damn im good
    Yesterday at 08:18:55 PM
  • Daddy: Only 12 offensive players were drafted in Round 2. All of them 1st rd NFL LIVE picks.
    Yesterday at 10:31:11 PM