Dynasty NHL

Author Topic: 2018/2019 Awards Voting  (Read 2042 times)

Offline dedreger

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :NYR:
    • :Illinois:
    • :BVB:
    • :WAS:
    • View Profile
Re: 2018/2019 Awards Voting
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 11:55:15 AM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)  :CHI-NHL:   

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :STL-NHL:

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :WIN:

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :PIT-NHL:

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :VAN:

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :PIT-NHL:

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :VAN:

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :EDM:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline izaman3

• Legend
    • :DET-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)  :CHI-NHL:
Lots of great moves and activity by Chicago, their are my team to watch next year.   

I can't remember a time when St. Louis wasn't at the top of the standings, yet I also can't remember took many blockbuster trades or the Blues ever having to sell the farm to be competitive. Lots of consistency and saavy moves by a great GM.

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :WIN:
MacKinnon doing it again this year, Point breaking out even more and Seguin being Seguin, even as Benn has struggle in the points department a bit.

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :STL-NHL:
This one was close for me but I give :STL-NHL: a slight edge over :PIT-NHL: here. I was really stuck, so I just averaged the rankings of the top 3 LWs on each team. If Draisaitl got split from McDavid's line for significant time this year, I'd be less inclined to count him as a winger, but they've played together a ton this year. 

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :PIT-NHL:
Another close one and it was hard for me to vote against Kucherov but I give :PIT-NHL: a slight edge over :VAN: here. Again, being stuck I just averaged the rankings of the top 3 RWs on each team.

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :PIT-NHL:
Both :PIT-NHL: and :STL-NHL: have such great defensemen that I had to average the rankings of the top 5 D on each team because each team has 5 in the top 20!!!

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :VAN:
This one was a bit easier with Vasi being amazing, Markstrom having a great year and a young non-playoff Canucks squad and Jones somehow playing terrible and SJ just gifting him wins somehow...

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :CHI-NHL:
Chicago come out strong this season and made  a lot of great moves! Toews had a career year, Debrincat is making everyone stupid for letting him slip into the second round. A healthy Hall and Schmaltz would have given this team a major boost, and honestly I think lots of people were expecting more from Reimer and the Panthers in general this year. Chicago doing great work with their roster and making the playoffs, only to have to face Pittsburgh in their first matchup. That's some bad juju.

**BONUS** The Good Juju Award (luckiest team) :COL-NHL:
Snug had no reason to make the finals with so many better teams in his path...lmao
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:42:44 PM by izaman3 »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline WestCoastExpress

• MVP
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 01:39:15 PM »
Sorry I'm late to the party everyone. 2-week vacation got me busy before and after.

Also was waiting out playoffs a bit and letting more stats accumulate from players, so didn't do it right away for that reason.

I think my picks will be pretty redundant, but here goes:

The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)  :CHI-NHL: & :PIT-NHL:
I want to say Anthony made the most trades this season, and definitely lifted his team up a ton from last season. Always good input on various things as well, and he also responds promptly to any private messages as well which is always a nice thing!
Cory's write-ups are always a great read (and laugh), so he gets props for that alone, but he's always giving solid feedback and input on top of those rankings and write-ups.

The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :PIT-NHL:
There are a lot of contenders for this one. I don't think I am a good candidate but thanks to those who voted for me. I made all my moves in previous years, and didn't really have to tinker with this roster too much this year.
PIT was a beast this season and the record reflects that. Also made a couple of great moves to go all-in this year while sacrificing some of that solid future talent to do so (something I wasn't willing to do). Unfortunately didn't work out, but still had the balls to make those moves for rental-type players. Also hit gold in acquiring Jake Guentzel for James Neal and getting money paid on Jake too.

The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :WIN:
Like mostly everyone... Mack, Pointer and Segs is a deadly trio. Segs is the "worst" at 8th overall currently. Not much else to say.

The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :PIT-NHL:
PIT gets this one by a slim margin, due to Johnny and Jake being in the top 7 currently, with Gus as the 3rd. STL was close with Drai, Huby and Conner, but I like the trio of Gaudreau, Guentz and Nyq better.

The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :PIT-NHL:
If Boeser is healthy all season (and Pasta for that matter), I think I would take this one. But looking at the stats, and technically counting Guentzel as RW this year, I give this one to PIT.
Guentzel, Lindholm and Atkinson as the top-3, and if Guentzel is starting at LW, then there's also Phil the Thrill to slot in.

The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :PIT-NHL:
Wow. Well with PIT making the list again, no wonder they were tops in our league. Of course this was a toss-up with STL being right there, but I give the nod to PIT with the top end guys being that much better. If STL's guys are healthy though, they could potentially have had 5 guys in the top-10. Weber would be for sure and Chabot would be close. McDonaugh having a career season boosts STL as well...but also looking at his career stats, damn what a player. Never worse than plus-8 in a season and he's matching up against top lines of the opponent. Respect. I still give the nod to PIT though overall for this award.

The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :VAN:
Didn't really think I was that far ahead of the pack here, but the stats don't lie I guess. I didn't think Markstrom would do as well as he has this year, and that's coming from a Canucks fan. But maybe the former "best prospect goalie in the world" has finally found his game.
Jones' stats are horrible (close to a 3 GAA, yikes) and is quite possibly the worst starter in the NHL who played more than 55 games. But I'll still take him as a 3rd string goalie I suppose.

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :VAN: and :PIT-NHL:
Jeez. Top-2 teams in the regular season don't make the finals. Top scoring team doesn't make it out of Round 1 of playoffs. Terrible injury timing for both teams in playoffs.
But hey, such is the world of fantasy playoffs. Any team can beat any team on a given week. Still sucks for both top scoring teams, losing to a 27-17 team though, haha. I feel like Snug should win the Finals, just so he can say he beat the top-3 scoring teams on the way to the title, while on his way out of the league!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)  :CHI-NHL:
Hate to self vote but I went all out this year (even if I only have a 2nd round exit to PIT to show for it.

The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :COL-NHL:
Last year here, still makes it to the finals with a couple of upsets

The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :WIN:
Mackinnon, Point, Seguin, easy

The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :CHI-NHL:
Again with the self vote, giving it to me since RNH has that LW eligibility, Panarin, Brinky, RNH, Hall and kinda Schenn but I got him halfway through.

The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :PIT-NHL:
Guentzel, Lindholm, Atkinson and Kessel

The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :PIT-NHL: & :STL-NHL:
10 of the top 20 Dmen are owned by one of them, wow. It's too close to call for me

The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :VAN:
Vas, Markstrom and Jones

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :EDM:
I was watching our matchup come down to the wire and watched Silfverberg score a goal that sunday night to solidify it for me. One bounce of the puck and he gets to take on PIT in the playoffs.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Whomp

• All-Star
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Northwestern:
    • :CHI-MLS:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 01:12:45 AM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board):VAN:

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers):WIN:

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings):PIT-NHL:

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings):VAN:

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen)  :PIT-NHL:

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies):VAN:   

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :PHO:
Poor guy, couldn't catch a cold at the South Pole. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Someone once said that Bobby could hit a puck through a car wash and not get it wet and that I could hit it just as hard, but not hit the car wash. That was the difference." Dennis Hull

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    April 17, 2024, 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    April 17, 2024, 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    April 17, 2024, 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    April 17, 2024, 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    April 17, 2024, 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    April 17, 2024, 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    April 17, 2024, 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    April 17, 2024, 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    April 17, 2024, 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    April 17, 2024, 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    April 17, 2024, 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 11:00:36 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS looking very tough for one team :ANA: 155.05 v 236.25 :NYR: with only today's games left to plan. :judge: [link]
    Yesterday at 10:44:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:30:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here early for talks.
    Today at 09:14:02 AM
  • Rob: SlackJack and his Arizona Coyotes are DNHL Champs for the 2nd year in a row.  Congrats!!  [link]
    Today at 09:37:43 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: Congrats to the 2024 FNHL NYR on winning it all!
    Today at 02:23:56 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco: FNHL FINALS OFFICIAL SCORE :ANA: ANH 160.15 v 247.3 :NYR: NYR
    Today at 02:25:02 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: Well done, FNHL's CaliHkyGuy [link] :winner:
    Today at 02:37:42 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talsk'
    Today at 04:11:46 PM
  • STLBlues91: talks**
    Today at 04:11:51 PM