Author Topic: Questions  (Read 90272 times)

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 11:44:44 AM »
So I am a little confused are we signing 1 year deals because I want to sign a RW for the rest of this year but not next year???
Sorry but no 1 year contracts for this season. It will all be fixed for next season
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Offline Gilly

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 5
    • :Blank:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »
One thing I guess if I had to be picky that I would like to be looked at is.

If I call someone up from the minors than their subject to waivers and if someone takes that player they only pay half the salary and I pay the difference...I love this cause it saves people sending players up and down whenever....buttttttt......If I make a trade lets say for "Joe Thorton" who i currently have in the minors than if Jesse was to take him he would go to Jesse's minor's and be subject to waivers like normal.   Is it possible to get a player from someone else's minors straight up onto your main roster than the GM can decide weather to send that player down or not and do waivers that way.

Cause enlese I missed something Joe Thorton is stuck on my minor team for life!! lolol  (way he is playing he should be anyways, haha)

:)
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Mariner

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 1
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :NotreDame:
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »
One thing I guess if I had to be picky that I would like to be looked at is.

If I call someone up from the minors than their subject to waivers and if someone takes that player they only pay half the salary and I pay the difference...I love this cause it saves people sending players up and down whenever....buttttttt......If I make a trade lets say for "Joe Thorton" who i currently have in the minors than if Jesse was to take him he would go to Jesse's minor's and be subject to waivers like normal.   Is it possible to get a player from someone else's minors straight up onto your main roster than the GM can decide weather to send that player down or not and do waivers that way.

Cause enlese I missed something Joe Thorton is stuck on my minor team for life!! lolol  (way he is playing he should be anyways, haha)

:)

The way I understand the rules is that if you trade anybody that is currently on your minor league roster that player will automatically be placed on the other teams main roster. If that GM wants the player on his minor league roster he would have to send him down and hopes he clears waivers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »
The way I understand the rules is that if you trade anybody that is currently on your minor league roster that player will automatically be placed on the other teams main roster. If that GM wants the player on his minor league roster he would have to send him down and hopes he clears waivers.
No this is the way it works in Franchise NHL, here a minor leaguer is traded and remains in the minor league because a GM could trade, say Thornton, to another team then they could trade them back and therefore get them out of the minors free of charge.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Offline Mariner

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 1
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :NotreDame:
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 08:03:32 PM »
No this is the way it works in Franchise NHL, here a minor leaguer is traded and remains in the minor league because a GM could trade, say Thornton, to another team then they could trade them back and therefore get them out of the minors free of charge.

Ok, I stand corrected. Being in both leagues sometimes things can get confusing as there are differences.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Redlight0516

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 12:32:48 AM »
Do Minor League Players follow the same extension rules as The Main Roster counterparts. Maybe I was looking in the wrong section but I couldn't find an answer
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 01:31:09 AM »
Do Minor League Players follow the same extension rules as The Main Roster counterparts. Maybe I was looking in the wrong section but I couldn't find an answer
Minor league players under 40 games do not have to be signed to a contract until they reach 40 games or until the GM wants to call them up. Experienced players can't be signed to extensions if they are in the minors
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Jesselton

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 03:35:32 PM »

As the commissioner you could easily stop a team from trying to do that. I like the idea of traded players automatically being placed on the NHL team. High salary players like Gaborik, or any player for that matter (who are only sent down in the first place to make cap room) are practically impossible to trade from the minor league squad since to be called up they have to go through the re-entry waivers, and having to take on half of any given players salary (for the duration of the contract) is great for the team that would claim him, but for the team wanting to recall him to potentially make a trade is to big of a risk in my opinion. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline favo_zomg

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
As the commissioner you could easily stop a team from trying to do that. I like the idea of traded players automatically being placed on the NHL team. High salary players like Gaborik, or any player for that matter (who are only sent down in the first place to make cap room) are practically impossible to trade from the minor league squad since to be called up they have to go through the re-entry waivers, and having to take on half of any given players salary (for the duration of the contract) is great for the team that would claim him, but for the team wanting to recall him to potentially make a trade is to big of a risk in my opinion.

As someone who just got jacked by this rule, I like the idea... It also opens up more trade options.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
Yes but that is how it works in NHL that is why you don't ever see many high salary players sent to minors because they don't want to run the risk of their players being poached. I am currently weighing the possibility of a waiver free period in the off-season, so this would solve the problem of skilled players in the minors. That is cap permitting as well and therefore if a player is traded now or during that period they could be called up during that period for that team.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: but an expansion is deff up there
    Yesterday at 10:15:33 PM
  • Daddy: Seattle is getting the Sonics back I think
    Yesterday at 10:16:02 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: [link]
    Yesterday at 10:16:14 PM
  • Daddy: I think two more teams are coming 32 teams total
    Yesterday at 10:16:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: that link ^ talks abt expansion
    Yesterday at 10:16:49 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah Vegas is getting one
    Yesterday at 10:17:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: not anytime soon
    Yesterday at 10:17:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: prolly in another 3 4 yrs
    Yesterday at 10:17:16 PM
  • Daddy: Vegas is getting everything by the time its said and done.
    Yesterday at 10:17:23 PM
  • Daddy: If there is demand we will expand ourselves. To hell with waiting for the NBA. We can put franchises in Vegas & Seattle and have a 32 team league.
    Yesterday at 10:18:34 PM
  • Daddy: The Vegas GM can pick his own team name
    Yesterday at 10:18:50 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: its already getting an mlb team now
    Yesterday at 10:18:50 PM
  • Daddy: So shall it be
    Yesterday at 10:18:59 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: so thats 3/4 major sports
    Yesterday at 10:19:00 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: mlb nhl and nfl
    Yesterday at 10:19:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im opening up the Seattle Super Sonics! Lol...we bout to shake Crap up.
    Yesterday at 10:19:51 PM
  • Daddy: The Vegas Powerballs? We need to come up with something that makes the city of Vegas say hmmmm. I bet we can.
    Yesterday at 10:22:11 PM
  • Daddy: The Las Vegas Ignite (i dig this)
    Yesterday at 10:30:51 PM
  • Brent: The Las Vegas Gamblers
    Yesterday at 10:49:05 PM
  • STLBlues91: If  someone wants chicago I dont mind taking over Las Vegas as well
    Yesterday at 10:49:06 PM
  • Daddy: Its going to be fun having the two expansion teams. It will also balance out the league a bit more
    Yesterday at 11:04:43 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent i dig it
    Yesterday at 11:05:39 PM
  • Daddy: Whoever takes over that expansion gets to name the team.
    Yesterday at 11:07:01 PM
  • Daddy: Probably four years before the actual NBA does it. To hell with 2028.
    Yesterday at 11:07:53 PM
  • Braves155: Las Vegas Gold Diggers
    Yesterday at 11:08:26 PM
  • Daddy: I dig it
    Yesterday at 11:10:25 PM
  • Bigdon: I am chicago right
    Yesterday at 11:29:29 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up Bigdon. Chicago is gone already.
    Yesterday at 11:36:50 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE [link] Pre-reserved sign up
    Yesterday at 11:37:29 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill switch for Vegas if he wants the bulls
    Yesterday at 11:39:17 PM
  • Daddy: Sounds good
    Yesterday at 11:43:59 PM
  • Daddy: I knew Vegas would be tempting :rofl:
    Yesterday at 11:44:25 PM
  • Daddy: He still needs to select NCAA
    Yesterday at 11:44:40 PM
  • Daddy: You get to name them sir. NBA LIVE will start with an expansion draft, followed by the rookie draft.
    Yesterday at 11:45:39 PM
  • Daddy: Vegas will get the #1 pick :toast:
    Yesterday at 11:46:07 PM
  • Daddy: Super Sonics #2 pick (insert eye emoji)
    Yesterday at 11:46:44 PM
  • Daddy: All subject to trade before the draft of course.
    Yesterday at 11:47:03 PM
  • Brent: With an expansion draft, does that mean we select x number of players on our roster to protect?
    Yesterday at 11:47:51 PM
  • Brent: Also, I might have missed it, but will it be a H2H cats or points league?
    Yesterday at 11:48:39 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent yes & @Brent CATs
    Yesterday at 11:49:36 PM
  • Daddy: It will all be in the handbook as per usual.
    Yesterday at 11:50:04 PM
  • Daddy: Think MLB LIVE hoop style only not quite as deep scoring in basketball.
    Yesterday at 11:51:08 PM
  • Daddy: We are trying something thats never been done to our knowledge.
    Yesterday at 11:53:06 PM
  • Brent: I like it.
    Yesterday at 11:54:07 PM
  • Daddy: No other basketball league in the world has a Vegas NBA team. Till tonight.
    Yesterday at 11:54:13 PM
  • Daddy: I thought you might. :)
    Yesterday at 11:54:45 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah got to figure a solid name out for it
    Yesterday at 11:55:35 PM
  • Daddy: Had a few good suggestions. Just dont be corny.. this represents all of us.
    Yesterday at 11:57:03 PM
  • Daddy: We are the first to give Vegas a suggestion. Lets let it be a good one. Make them take notice.
    Yesterday at 11:57:48 PM
  • STLBlues91: Yeah will research it a bit
    Yesterday at 11:57:58 PM