Author Topic: 5th Down - Week 15  (Read 832 times)

Eric

5th Down - Week 15
« on: December 17, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
Quarterbacks - Jake

Must Start: Eli Manning, New York Giants

The G-Men are rolling right along with a great comeback victory in Dallas last week, much of it due to the play of Eli.  In two of his last three games, he has thrown for 400 yards or more, and has thrown at least 2 TD's in all of them.  Against a below average Washington team, I expect Manning and his receivers to have a great Sunday.

Must Sit: Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

Ankle injury aside, the Black and Gold play a very stout 49ers club on Monday night.  Though the Niners have struggled as of late, it isn't exactly their defense that is the problem.  A bum ankle + good defense = not worth the risk.  I'd look elsewhere to advance in your playoffs.

Sleeper: John Skelton, Arizona Cardinals & Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos

The Browns have a pretty decent pass defense, however the Cardinals are the hottest team in the league right now, and a home stand against the putrid Brownies will probably null any resistance they try and put up.  Skelton does have two 3 TD games under his belt in the last four games, but if you have Roethlisberger, I'd rather play this guy...love him or hate him, Tebow has been a pretty consistent fantasy QB.  Against the worst defense in the league, the Patriots, expect Tim to keep up with his shenanigans, and probably either throw or run for at least 2 scores.

Running Backs - JMACisBACK

Must Start- Chris Johnson, Ten vs IND ( also Arian Foster HOU vs CAR, Michael Turner ATL vs JAX)
CJ looks to be the RB from seasons past again of late and I do not see any way in which Indy slows him down this weekend. I would venture to say he goes for 120 plus yards with at least 1 TD this week.

Must Sit- Rashard Mendenhall, PIT vs SF( LeGarrette Blount TB vs DAL)
Mendy has a tough match up this weekend vs a stout SF run defense , Look for him to get locked up early in what looks to be a low scoring game with 2 of the better defenses. It is tough to sit what was probably most teams first RB taken, but this weeks playoff match up vs SF looks to be a bad one for Rashard. Look elsewhere if you can.

Sleeper- Felix Jones DAL vs TB ( Reggie Bush MIA vs BUF)
Felix looked like what everyone was hoping he would be this preseason when he was to be the lead back in Dallas before injuries set in and DeMarco took over. Well DeMarco is out and Felix will get a HEAVY workload vs a porous defense in TB this weekend. He is a legit RB1 , IMO , this weekend.

Wide Receivers - Rob

Must Start:  Miles Austin
Miles had a touchdown and 4 catches in his return to action last week.  Expect a big week against a weak Tampa secondary while Dallas desperately tries to regain their lead in the NFC East.

Must Sit:  DeSean Jackson
Other than a touchdown last week Jackson has been quiet in the last month and it was his first touchdown since week 5.  With Vick still bruised in battered I don't trust Jackson to produce.  Oh and he'll be on Revis Island... Even if Maclin draws coverage from Revis I still don't like Jackson this week.

Sleeper: Donald Driver
With Jennings down Driver is a great play for the rest of the season.  Of course you never know who Rodgers is going to throw to Driver should get more looks the rest of the way. 

Tight Ends - Kushton Slater

Must start - Rob Gronkowski, New England

Could "Gronk" be the most dangerous threat in the NFL? Depending on your leagues scoring system, he's as high as sixth in overall fantasy points thus far for ALL OFFENSIVE players. He is a matchup nightmare for any team they play and has been on an absolute tear the last 5 games.  Gronk has caught 2 TD's in four of his last five games and should continue to roll this weekend unless Tebow is playing both ways.

Must sit - Vernon Davis, San Francisco

Vernon is only averaging 42 receiving yards in his last 5 games and was held to one catch for 32 yards last week against the Cardinals.  This week he faces the leagues best past defense, the Bliztburg Steelers.  As a result, expect Vernon Davis to be more of a blocker in this one to protect Alex Smith from getting blizted.

Sleeper - Jake Ballard, New York Giants

Ballard looked good last week against the Cowboys and would have scored a second touchdown if he wasn't tackled just inches shy of the goal line.  Eli seems to look his way when the G-Men get in the redzone and the Redskins have allowed the second most fantasy points to opposing TE's this year.  The Redskins were very vunerable last week when New England spread them out and Ballard should have some open passing lanes since they will be focusing on Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.

Defense/Special Teams
- Eric

Must Start: Green Bay Packers

Their defense may give up a ton of points, but they make up for it in the amount of turnovers they make. The Packers have made at least 1 turnover if every game this season and have a total of 8 INT's in their last 3 games alone. Even better news is that they play the Chiefs this week, with a possible injured QB in Kyle Orton.

Must Sit: New England Patriots

The Pats have prob one of the worst secondary's in the league and this week they face the all mighty Tebow, which means they may bring more guys closer to the line in order to stop him. Not so fast....Tebow can throw! If he sees that he can log one deep to Thomas or Decker. He will create tons of problems for them. The Pats may win but Tebow will definitely bring his magic.

Sleeper: Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have quietly been putting together a good defensive season. They have only allowed over 10 fantasy points five times the season. They have 7 turnovers in as many games. This week they play the Rams. If you are in need of a defense, look no further than the Bengals.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Thats why the vet gms pn this site do so good with their minors they spend alot of time reasearching
    April 30, 2024, 12:26:58 AM
  • Daddy: I did one. I watched the other. Im a doing kind of guy first.
    April 30, 2024, 12:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Well daddy dont get your hopes up this yr u ate not going to win it
    April 30, 2024, 12:27:37 AM
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM