Author Topic: 5th Down - Week 14 PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 638 times)

Eric

5th Down - Week 14 PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
Well it is that time again, the time we all have been waiting for ALL year since it ended. The playoffs are finally among us and some of your guys are lucky enough to be playing for a title. I hope we can help you with some tough decisions. Here they are:

Quarterbacks - Eric

Must Start - Matthew Stafford, Det

Stafford has been mediocre for the last 4 games after his bye. He has 8 TD's and 10 INT's compared to 19 TD's and 4 INT's before his break. While that may make you kinda of skiddish, but he is playing the Vikings defense this week and if that first matchup between the two teams he went for 378 and 2 TD's. Those are certainly good fantasy numbers to help you for a win this week. Oh and last week, Tim Tebow went for 202 yds and 2 TD's. Just some food for thought

Must Sit - Andy Dalton, Cin

The Houston D has been very good this year against the pass compared to the past years. They have only allowed one QB to amass over 15 pts (Drew Brees, Week 3, 26 pts) for the year and only 4 other QB's to get over 10 points. They have 16 INT's and 12 TD's this season as well. If you can I would TRY and stay away from Dalton this week.

Sleeper - Joe Flacco, Bal

This one was tough be me to pick a sleeper for the week. At first I thought Tim Tebow, everybody's savior, but then I didn't want to LOL. So I decided to pick......................Joe Flacco. While he hasnt been amazing this year, he still has a great matchup against the Colts. They have allowed over double digit fantasy points to all but two QB's this year (Schaub and Gabbert) and six QB's with 19 or more points. Flacco would be my choice over half the other QB's in the league to start this week.

Running Backs - Jake

Must Start: Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC

MJD has averaged 99 yards in his last four games, and has shown no signs of stopping in the Jags' run heavy offense.  Against a flopping Tampa Bay team, expect another 100 yard day with a probable TD or even 2.

Must Sit: Beanie Wells, ARI, & Stephen Jackson, SEA

In the cruddy NFC West, run defenses are actually pretty good, with the Seahawks and 49ers two of the best teams in the league.  Jackson and Wells play them both, and neither look like strong plays against these staunch defenses.

Sleeper: Reggie Bush, MIA

It's getting tough to call Bush a sleeper anymore, as he has been consistent in TD's (four in last four games) and is coming off a 100 yard game last week.  But playing against the silly Dream Team should give Bush the exposure he needs to show he can carry a team.  The Eagles are allowing a whopping 4.4 yards per run, so expect a big day from Reggie, and a call from Kim Kardashian shortly afterward.

Wide Receivers - JMACisBACK

Must Start- Hakeem Nicks, NYG vs DAL ( Also Calvin, of course, DET vs MIN, Roddy White, ATL vs CAR, Dez Bryant, DAL vs NYG)

Nicks looks to be back to full health now and with the lack of Giants running game look for him to put up 6-7 catches, for over 100 yards and a score vs the Cowboys this week in a HUGE match up for both teams.

Must Bench- Julio Jones, ATL vs CAR ( also Plaxico Burres, NYJ vs KC, Desean Jackson, PHI vs Mia)

Jones is having trouble staying on the field of late and again has missed practice time this week, Roddy will blow up CAR but look for Jones to be mediocre at best still this week.

Sleeper- Brandon Lloyd, STL vs SEA ( also Percy Harvin, MIN vs DET)

Lloyd is not your typical sleeper, but with the qb situation on STL he has not been a sure bet most the time, look for him to exploit SEA secondary as he already has once this season. I expect him to get in the end zone this weekend and put up 6 or more catches with 80 or more yards as well. Harvin exploded last week and even though the headaches aer allegedly back, look for him to have a big game while playing from behind vs DET.

Tight Ends - Colby

MUST START: TE Aaron Hernandez, :NE: New England

It doesn't get any easier for Washington after the Jets' Dustin Keller torched the Skins last week.  The Patriots and their fantasy beasts of TEs come to town.  Obviously, Gronkowski is the bonified #1 TE in the land, but the Patriots' third best receiving thread is their 2nd TE.  Hernandez has plenty of opportunity in this game and should be started ahead of guys like Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez.

MUST BENCH: TE Fred Davis, :WAS-NFL: Washington

Davis is suspended for the rest of the season due to NFL substance abuse violations.  Hurry up and hit the FA wire as fast as possible.

SLEEPER: TE Anthony Fasano, :MIA: Miami

The Fish play the Eagles this week in a game where it is tough to call Philly the favorite anymore.  Let's face it, the Eagles-D stinks, Maclin hasn't been healthy, and Vick has been hurt.  The team is down and out for the year, their LBs are young and ineffective in the current system, and as a result, they are weak up the middle with the wide-9 DL formation.  This opens up the game for opposing offenses to not only run all over the Eagles but dump it off to middle of the field receiving threats.  Look for Fasano to take advantage of these opportunities!

Defense/Special Teams - Kushton Slater

Must Start - Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens are the top-ranked defense in football, allowing 16.0 ppg and lead the league with 41 sacks thus far.  They will be facing a Colts team this week who average 14.5 ppg and will be starting their 3rd string quarterback.  The Ravens defense is averaging over 13 fantasy points per game this year and that might top any offensive players output on the Colts side of the ball.  Sit this one out and rest that toe up Ray Lewis.

Must Sit - Oakland Raiders

The Raiders defense has allowed the fifth most fantasy points to opposing QB's thus far, and the only elite QB's on that list so far have been Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers.  There only averaging over 5 fantasy points a game and give up 26 ppg.  Aaron Rodgers has 37 TD's to 5 INT's so far this year and is licking his chops with this weeks matchup against the Raiders at home.

Sleeper - New England Patriots

The Pats rank 13th in points allowed and their bend but don't break motto on defense will be facing a turnover prone Rex Grossman this week.  The Pats and Tom Brady will force the Redskins into a shootout and that's when Grossman in vulnerable.  They might even see John Beck at some point on Sunday, but excpect the same results; turnovers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM
  • snugerud: You lost me at 30 dudes lurking.  creeped me out.
    Today at 01:45:01 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah... Its like Pet Cemetery. (Insert ghastly music theme)
    Today at 01:55:49 PM
  • Daddy: Im like Pat McAfee without the money, success, likability or platform. Just out here loving sports and competition.
    Today at 02:04:02 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE 2024 Bowl Schedule [link]
    Today at 03:46:52 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any trade talks the rest of the day
    Today at 05:37:03 PM