Author Topic: 5th Down Week 13 - Final Week of Regular Season (for most leagues)  (Read 622 times)

Eric

Good luck to all of you in the playoffs and looking to make noise in the playoffs. Next week Playoffs!!!

Quarterbacks - Kushton Slater

Must start - Tom Brady, New England

Brady has thrown for two or more touchdowns in six straight games and gone for over three hundred yards passing in three of his last four games.   The Colt's just recently fired their defensive coodinator and their newly hired defensive coordinator's first game will come against the AFC's top-scoring offense.  This should get them one game closer to locking up Adrew Luck as the first pick in the draft.   

Must sit - Joe Flacco, Baltimore

Flacco has only thrown 2 or more touchdowns once since week 3.  The Browns defense currently leads the league in passing yards allowed per game @ 175 and is one of four teams that have allowed less than  12 touchdown passes so far this year.  On the other hand, the Browns rank 29th against the run, which means more Ray Rice and less Joe Flacco in this contest.

Sleeper - Matt Moore, Miami

Moore has been tearing it up his past four games.  He's averaging over 220 yards per game with seven touchdowns and only one interception.  He'll be facing a Raider's defense this week that has allowed the fifth most fantasy points to opposing QB's.  Oakland has no one who can cover Brandon Marshall one-on-one, so expect that chemistry between Marshall and Moore to continue this Sunday.

Running Backs - Eric

Must Start - LeGarrette Blount, TB RB

The Panthers have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing RB than any other this year. We have seen in the past that Blount is no Lynch, but he def can make some people miss and drag them as well. Blount has over 100 yds the past 2 games and is almost a lock to get another 100 on the ground with a godd possibility of a TD as well.

Must Sit - Steven Jackson, Stl RB

Jackson, the past 2 weeks has a total of 106 rushing yards against Seattle and Arizona. This week he plays the #1 rush defense in the 49ers. The 49ers have done a great of holding opposing RB to under 100 rushing yards and 0 rushing TD's this season.

Sleeper - DeAngelo Williams, Car RB and/or Jonathan Stewart, Car RB

The RB tandem have been better in recent week and this week they play the teams that give up the most FP to opposing RB (none more than Carolina themselves). D-Will had a good week last week scoring 2 TD against a run porous Indy D. If you are in dire need of a RB one of these 2 guys will hopefully get in the endzone and put open up the offense for Newton.

Wide Receivers - Jake

Must Start - Laurent Robinson, Dallas Cowboys

Robinson is getting many redzone targets the last few weeks, and it shows with at least 1 TD in five straight games.  Playing against the abysmal Cardinals corners, there is no reason this won't continue.  I personally saw the Cardinals allow a sub-par Sam Bradford to show flashes of brilliance last week, so I can only imagine what Tony Romo will do to them.

Must Sit - Dwayne Bowe , Kansas City Chiefs

If you saw Bowe just stand there during the last play of the Steelers game last week, you can get an idea of how much he doesn't care about this season.  On the road in Chicago with Tyler Palko still probably throwing to him (or Kyle Orton, it doesn't matter) will make it a tough day to want to slot him in.

Sleeper - Deion Branch, New England Patriots and Johnny Knox, Chicago Bears

The Patriots play the horrid Colts, who give up yards in bunches and struggle against the deep threat.  Branch is among the top receivers in yards after catch this season, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him to have a very hot first half on Sunday.  Knox has put in over 200 yards and 2 TD's the last two weeks, and is clearly Caleb Hanie's favorite target.  Much like Robinson above, there is no reason not to continue to ride the hot hand.

Tight Ends - JMACisBACK

Must Start- Rob Gronkowski, NE vs IND ( Also Graham vs DET, Gates vs JAX)
He is a no brainer play every week at this stage, but he is a bona fide top 5-10 overall Pass Catcher , period, WR , TE, etc. Take advantage of him vs the weak secondary of Indy and reap the benefits of yet another big game for this truly elite talent.

Must Sit- Jake Ballard, NYG vs GB
Look for the Pack to contain Ballard this week , while Eli looks early and often to Nicks and Cruz this week. Plenty of better safer options this week than Ballard. ( others to sit , Owen Daniels vs ATL , Dallas Clark vs NE)

Sleeper - Brandon Pettigrew, DET vs NO
I imagine Stafford will have to check down quite a bit this weekend in what could be a high scoring affair between the two teams. Pettigrew is a big target and you know NO will key heavily on Calvin, thus making Pettigrew the match up to potentially exploit this week for fantasy owners.

Team Defense/Special Teams - zadelstein

Must Start - New England Patriots

The Patriots have not been anywhere close to the best defense this year, failing to score points on a regular basis and only getting 2 touchdowns all year.  That being said, they scored those 2 TDs in the past 3 games and have forced 6 turnovers in those games.  This week they play the worn out Colts, which in itself should be reason to start the Pats.  They will get points this week!

Must Sit - Detroit Lions

The Lions have been a top 10 defense this year, forcing 23 turnovers in 11 games and scoring 4 TDs.  This week they face the Saints in New Orleans where they have given up a negative amount of points in most scoring systems.  If you have any options, sit the Lions this week or be prepared to lose some points.

Sleeper - San Diego Chargers

The Chargers are in the bottom 3 in defense this year, but this week they face the Jacksonville Jaguars who have given up double digit points to opposing defenses in all but 3 weeks this year.  If you need a step in for your defense, check out the Chargers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM
  • snugerud: You lost me at 30 dudes lurking.  creeped me out.
    Today at 01:45:01 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah... Its like Pet Cemetery. (Insert ghastly music theme)
    Today at 01:55:49 PM
  • Daddy: Im like Pat McAfee without the money, success, likability or platform. Just out here loving sports and competition.
    Today at 02:04:02 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE 2024 Bowl Schedule [link]
    Today at 03:46:52 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any trade talks the rest of the day
    Today at 05:37:03 PM