Author Topic: 5th Down - Week 7  (Read 949 times)

Corey

5th Down - Week 7
« on: October 22, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
Latest fantasy info at your fingertips.

Quarterbacks - By:fantasyguru

MUST START: QB Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints :NO: 
The Skinny: Saints QB Drew Brees enters Week 7 against the Colts with a couple of impressive streaks. He has thrown for at least 350 yards in each of his last four contests and has gone an NFL-record 26 games with 20-plus completions. Indianapolis enters Sunday ranked 18th in the league against the pass, giving up nearly 256 yards per contest, and have allowed an average of 19.3 Fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks.

MUST BENCH: QB Mark Sanchez, New York Jets :NYJ:
The Skinny: Sanchez has displayed better accuracy at home this season, completing 57 of 93 passes for 718 yards. The young QB has thrown for five touchdowns and three interceptions while posting a 89.8 passer rating during the team's three wins. Sanchez, whose nine total touchdown passes ranks eighth in the NFL, could struggle against the Chargers' defense that has permitted only 179.6 yards per game. San Diego is also yielding just 15.6 Fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks. I'd sit him this week.

SLEEPER: QB Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears :CHI:
Bears QB Jay Cutler will be up against the 26th ranked pass defense in the NFL in Week 7, when he travels to London to take on the Buccaneers. Tampa Bay is allowing an average of 276 passing yards per game and have given up 10 touchdown passes, tied for third most in the NFL. The Bucs have intercepted just five passes this season with three of them coming in Week 6 against Drew Brees of the Saints. They rank just 23rd in the league in sacks and do not appear to present Cutler with an unfavorable matchup.

Running Backs - By: JMACisBACK

Must Start- Arian Foster, Houston Texans :HOU-NFL:
Last year he was a consensus must start each and every week, this season he is off to a so so start( at best) due to injuries, AJ being out, etc. This week look for him to get back to the Arian we loved last year, if we owned him. I see him torching the TEN defense for over 100 yards rushing this week, and at least 1 score, with an additional 4-5 catches for another 40 plus yards, making him the PPR beast we had hoped for when many of us selected him in the top 3 of drafts this season.

Must Bench - Peyton Hillis, Cleveland Browns :CLE-NFL:
In addition to being a question mark, he just has not looked like the same back of last year. One year wonder maybe?? Time will tell, but I am not nor never have been sold on this back myself. he has too many question marks heading into this week to put your turst into him as a starter. Move and find other options if you can( Also Jahvid Best is a question mark this weekend as well so keep tabs on his situation)

Sleeper- DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys :DAL:
Felix Jones is out, Tashard Choice is anything but spectacular and Murray looked pretty darn good last week when he took over for Jones. STL is brutal vs the run and the Dallas staff seems to be losing some confidence in Romo , so look for them to take advantage of the soft STL def and run Murray early and often and when he is not running look for him to be a nice check down option for Romo as well. He could put up 75 yards on the ground, with another 40-50 through the air and a score as well this weekend. Take the gamble and put him in your lineup this week.

Wide Receivers - By: zadelstein

Must Start: Eric Decker, Denver Broncos :DEN:

I try to pick a player every week that is not an obvious start every week.  Eric Decker has had an up and down year, mostly because of the up and down year in Denver. But with Brandon Lloyd gone, and Tebow now solidified at QB, Decker should get a bigger piece of the pie.  This week, the Broncos are going up against the Dolphins coming off of a bye, in what will be a homecoming for Tim Tebow.  The dolphins are giving up 24 fantasy points a game to opposing recievers.  I expect Decker to get at least double digit targets and catch a majority of them, giving him at least 10 fantasy points in standard scoring leagues.

Must sit: Jacoby Ford, Oakland Raiders :OAK-NFL:

So in the past 2 days, a QB has come out of retirement, and been named the starter...and its not Brett Favre!!!  Carson Palmer is taking over the offense of the Raiders with just 4 days to learn the entire system.  This cant bode well for the wide recievers, but especially for Jacoby Ford who is just getting back to 100% from his hamstring injury.  While I think it is possible for Ford to get some decent points going up against a very bad Chiefts secondary, I would take a wait and see approach.  If it is not a vital sign for you, observe the first week of the new Raiders offense and see what the future holds.

Sleeper: Kevin Walter, Houston Texans :HOU-NFL:

With Andre Johnson out for another week, Kevin Walter takes over the #1 reciever role for the Texans once again.  Although the Texans have had trouble getting the ball to recievers lately, the have had success in the past throwing the ball against the tough Titans defense.  This is a must win game for the Texans as they are in a 2 game skid and doing everything they can to get back on track.  I expect Walter to see double digit targets this game as the Texans go for a division win.

Tight ends - By: Jake

Must Start: TE Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints :NO:

Nothing changing here from last week. Graham is Brees' go to guy so far this season, and plays a weak Colts passing defense. Expect another 100 yard game, as he is averaging 103 yards per game this season.

Must bench: Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers :SDG:

The Chargers appear to be pushing him to start, but I would avoid.  Gates is a great player even when he isn't 100%, but the risk seems too high for the reward against a stout Jets defense.  I would go with safer options like Tony Gonzalez, Owen Daniels and Dallas Clark.

Sleeper: Fred Davis, Washington Redskins :WAS-NFL:

With Chris Cooley out, Davis was a favorite targer of Rex Grossman.  With John Beck the starting QB now, expect a lot of short throws and check downs, which is right up Davis' alley.  I would expect 5 catches and around 50-60 yards with hopefully a TD this week against Carolina.

Defenses - By: Eric

Must Start: DEF Green Bay Packers :GB:
The Minnesota Vikings are finally fed up with Donavan McNabb’s shenanigans, so they decide to throw rookie QB Christian Ponder to the “Pack”. This is good news for the Packers. They may not be the best against the pass (11 INTS) but they should be alright in stopping Ponder this week and possibly get a shutout or at least hold them to 10 pts or less.

Must Bench: DEF Indianapolis Colts :IND:
This defense has never been great and probably shouldn’t be owned in any league. They have allowed over 23 points in every game this season and have only 3 INS and 4 FR all season. You be better off starting the 49ers (bye week) defense this week than the Colts atrocious D.

Sleeper:DEF Carolina Panthers :CAR:
Ok so I might be a bit biased on this matchup this week, but John Beck will be getting the start for a benched Rex Grossman. 4 of their 6 games have come against top 10 QB’s (Rodgers, Brees, Cutler and Ryan) so if you are struggling looking for a deep sleeper, the Panthers D might be your choice.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:54:49 PM by Corey »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM
  • snugerud: You lost me at 30 dudes lurking.  creeped me out.
    Today at 01:45:01 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah... Its like Pet Cemetery. (Insert ghastly music theme)
    Today at 01:55:49 PM
  • Daddy: Im like Pat McAfee without the money, success, likability or platform. Just out here loving sports and competition.
    Today at 02:04:02 PM