Author Topic: News Flash: Possible Rule Change Referendums  (Read 309 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
News Flash: Possible Rule Change Referendums
« on: June 06, 2021, 09:48:05 PM »
GM,

There is a thread on the main board that was posted on May 23rd.  It's entitled "Thinking Out Loud".  I don't know how many of you actually peruse the FGM Board, but I think the issues raised by RyanJames5 are important enough to send out this league wide PM.  In our league by-laws, rule changes may be made through a referendum is 8 GMs support posting the referendum and 16 GMs vote to approve it.  In the past, we have had a couple of instances where we have made rule changes via the referendum process, and with many new members in FGM, I believe it's important to keep the general membership informed regarding issues raised by other FGM GMs.

Here are the issues raised in the "Thinking Out Loud" thread. 

1)  The establishment of an Injured Player List (IL) whereby we add IL spots to our existing MLB rosters.  This issue was raised a few years ago by BHows, but was never really discussed.  With Covid protocols, the increased propensity for MLB teams to use the 10 day IL (as opposed to the old 15 day Disabled List), and the rash of injuries that seems to be permeating our MLB rosters, RyanJames5 has suggested that the subject be re-opened for discussion.  The IL spots would allow free agents to be added (available cap permitting) without having to drop a rostered player.  Of course, when the IL player is activated by a given MLB team, our FGM teams must also activate their IL players.  Many of our teams have more than 3 players on the IL at the moment, so if we had, for example, 3 IL spots, players could be rotated into the open IL spots as players are activated.  Salary cap obligations would still exist for all teams and roster limits of 40 MLB players would still have to be honored.

2)  The second issue is the abolishment of our 60 day trade moratorium.  We currently have a 60 day no trade moratorium on newly signed free agents, extended players, and newly drafted rookies in our FYPD (First Year Player Draft).  This issue was raised last season by Anthony.  RyanJames5 has suggested that this issue be revisited.  We pride ourselves in mirroring MLB, but as many of you know, the 60 day moratorium is something we have exclusively in FGM that is not a part of MLB.  In the past, there has been some discussion of reducing it to 30 days for newly signed free agents and extended players, but keeping the 60 day rule for the FYPD (since MLB and FGM have a proviso that draft picks cannot be traded).

I am going to post this PM on the Transactions Board and encourage all of you to post your comments regarding these issues.  If we have 8 GMs support a given issue, we can put forth a referendum for a league wide vote.  If a change would be made, it would begin with the 2022 season.  Remember, your opinion as a member of Franchise GM is of great value to all members.  We want a league where members feel free to discuss issues, pro and con, so that we can do things collectively as a group.  As your moderator, I believe it's important to hear your voices and move accordingly as a league. 

Finally, last season I made some executive decisions based on the challenges presented by the pandemic, but those changes were from only one season (60 game schedule, 3 divisions, different playoff system, and modified player eligibility rules).  Those changes were a product of necessity, however, they were an aberration and not the norm.  Please take the time to think about the issues raised and let others know what you think.

:toth:
Ernie - Flash 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
Re: News Flash: Possible Rule Change Referendums
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 05:50:06 PM »
GMs,

I thought I would provide an update on the referendum discussion on the FGM Board.  I posted this as a reply to the Thinking Out Loud thread, but I thought I should send that reply to all of you.

Even though we?ve only had 1/3 of the league chime in on the issues at hand, here?s what I see:

1) There are at least 8 GMs who support having IL spots added on Fantrax.  That is enough to support a vote on a league wide referendum.  I would envision a 2 player Injured List with strict monitoring to injure player are not kept on the IL once they have been returned to regular status by their MLB team.  I believe Fantrax has a monitoring mechanism for this.  I will research further before posting the referendum for a vote, but from a practical perspective, I think an FGM IL should be limited to players on the 60 day IL, because it would seem to be unmanageable if we included those players on a 10 day IL.  Who is on and who is off would require daily monitoring and that really seems like so cumbersome that it is creates more problems than it solves.  Our rules aren?t as liberal as MLB?s as to who can be placed on our MiLB rosters, so as such, a 10 day IL doesn?t seem as debilitating as a 60 day IL because we have 20 active spots and a 40 player MLB roster.  Additionally, with our 72 hour free agent bidding, getting a replacement player doesn?t seem as feasible. 

In the meantime, it would help if GMs posted what they would envision as the ideal amount of IL spots and whether it should be limited to players on the 60 day IL.  I am giving my perspective as a league moderator, and knowing my own limitations, I probably can?t monitor 30 rosters on a daily basis.  A 60 day IL would be easier to monitor and manage.

2)  At this time, there doesn?t seem to be enough support for a referendum on the 60 day no trade moratorium, so we cannot go any further on that issue at this time.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM
  • snugerud: You lost me at 30 dudes lurking.  creeped me out.
    Today at 01:45:01 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah... Its like Pet Cemetery. (Insert ghastly music theme)
    Today at 01:55:49 PM
  • Daddy: Im like Pat McAfee without the money, success, likability or platform. Just out here loving sports and competition.
    Today at 02:04:02 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE 2024 Bowl Schedule [link]
    Today at 03:46:52 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any trade talks the rest of the day
    Today at 05:37:03 PM