Author Topic: Race to the Cup - Win or Get off the Pot (Last Week)  (Read 565 times)

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Race to the Cup - Win or Get off the Pot (Last Week)
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:17:16 AM »
#1 Seed (locked in)  Anaheim Ducks  (37-5)   -  An ominous sign of things to come with the loss to the Sabres last week.  A little bit of doubt has got to be creeping into Tyler's noodle.  They play Boston and the Caps this week, which could be 2 more losses.  This once indomitable herculean giant appears to have an Achilles heel.

#2 Seed  (2,3,5)  Florida Panthers  (33-9)  -   They have scored 220+ points the last 3 weeks.  That isn't combined, that is each week.  Each week they have scored 220+ points for 3 straight weeks.  Only 2 other teams did it in that span, and they each only did it a single time (Hurricanes and Ducks).  They have some wicked momentum going.

#3 Seed  (2,3)  Boston Bruins  (32 -10)  -  They have captured their division by beating the Caps last week.  Nothing sweeter than that, well making it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs is pretty sweet, but you have to take baby steps every year.  Bruins put up big points again.  They will finish the year off with the Avs and Ducks.  Not much left to play for except pride.

#4 Seed (locked in) Edmonton Oilers   (23-19)  A brutally bad week scoring the 2nd fewest points in the league.  I didn't watch to see if they played all their players or not, but for their sake I hope they forgot to do their lineups.  They finish the year against the Blues and Lightning.  If they beat the Blues that could be the end of the line for the Blues.

#5 Seed (2,3,5)  Carolina Hurricanes  (31-11)  -  Two more wins and still no closer to the division lead.  Theoretically they could still win their division, but they would have to win both games against the Red Wings and Flyers and the Panthers would have to lose both games.  Hurricanes would then take the division based on division record. Probably won't happen so they are locked in to the 5th seed.

#6 Seed (6,7,8,9,10,11)  Washington Capitals  (27-15)  -  A heart breaking loss to their division rival Bruins, but metaphorically they are still nipple high in the playoff pool.  Which is good.  There is still the tiniest chance they can get bounced, but they have to go 0-2, and just their luck they play the Blues and Ducks.  One win gets them in.  If they lose both games they still have a good chance, but might loose out based on tie breaks.  My guess is they lose the first round bye though and end up a lower seed.

#7 Seed (6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  Arizona Coyotes  (26-16)   -   Still have a shot at a first round bye, and I like their chances to get it.  They play the Blackhawks and Flyers this week and these Coyotes are scoring many fake hockey points.  Who says warm weather hockey is for the elderly and people who wear pink jerseys?

#8 Seed (6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  Chicago Blackhawks  (26-16)  2 wins last week and they reclaim the 8th seed from the Red Wings.  They are up against it though in the final week going against the Panthers and Coyotes.  That might very well be 2 losses and then they are playing with the white hot fire that is the Kings and Sabres. 

#9 Seed  (6,7,8,9,10,11,12) Detroit Red Wings   (25-17)   The Hurricanes and Flames are the final test.  My guess is they go 1-1 and get in based on their top notch tie break.  It sometimes pays to be consistently beaten even though you score oodles of points.

#10 Seed  (6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  St. Louis Blues   (25-17)  They beat the Lightning by 1 point last week.  If they didn't get that 1 point their chances of making the playoffs would've be incredibly low.  They play the Caps and Oilers this last week and they need both wins.  My sneaky ruthless side doesn't want any part of the Blues in the playoffs, but in reality I want them to get in, get healthy, so I can get some redemption from last year's playoff loss.

#11 Seed (6,7,8,9,10,11,12)  Los Angeles Kings   (25-17)  2 wins last week and they are still on the brink. Basically need 2 wins against the Panthers and Penguins this week to have a realistic chance of getting in. They are on the lower side of the tie breaker and in the bottle kneck that is 6-12 that isn't where you want to be.

#12 Seed (7,8,9,10,11,12)  Buffalo Sabres   (24-18)   A big week equaled 2 wins last week.  They are still on the outside looking in, but they just beat the Ducks and only have the Habs and Pens left to play.  I don't want them to make it because they are looking dangerous, and even with 2 wins it isn't a lock.  Going 1-1 still gives them shaved lunch meat slice (thin) chance to make it, and 2 losses is utter disappointment. 

#13 Seed  (OUT)   Colorado Avs   (20-22)  They made a valiant run to the playoffs, but it is officially over.  Snugerud can rest easy at night knowing that not even Malkin's big week would've been enough to save him.  They were beat and beat soundly.  Start planning for next year. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Cup - Win or Get off the Pot (Last Week)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:11:39 AM »
see ya next year.....
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Tyler

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »
Ugh injuries....
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
I'll get caught up on transactions at some point today.  Sorry guys!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »
Ugh injuries....

My thoughts exactly...
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 10:39:29 AM »
At this very moment Buffalo is in and Detroit is getting bounced.  That would be quite the changing of the guard. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »
At this very moment Buffalo is in and Detroit is getting bounced.  That would be quite the changing of the guard.

Wow that would make 3 East teams in the playoffs.  You'll have to stop calling me division lucky!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »
My thoughts exactly...

You got a bye last week and should be thanking your lucky stars.  Calgary didnt have his lines set most of last week , he would have beat you and you would be sitting on the outside right now.... booooo
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline izaman3

• Legend
    • :DET-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »

Both my matchups are way too close for comfort. Maybe I should have made some more deadline moves... :doh:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Brent: I over value minors to a fault, but I am softening on that stance.
    May 05, 2024, 06:45:54 PM
  • dbreer23: @BigDon you around? Get a hold of me over at FT if you are.
    May 05, 2024, 08:22:38 PM
  • Daddy: Big ol NFL LIVE trade to get the day started on a Monday.
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:41 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both GMs
    May 06, 2024, 11:03:58 AM
  • Daddy: If anyone didnt know.. The Philadelphia Phillies are good at baseball :)
    May 06, 2024, 11:14:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Dave w pm
    May 06, 2024, 03:10:22 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: FGM is looking for a GM.  If you are interested, please PM me
    May 06, 2024, 04:35:04 PM
  • Daddy: If i weren't so busy i would take it. FGM is a great league well run.
    May 06, 2024, 04:38:29 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the day for any trade talks
    May 06, 2024, 05:08:40 PM
  • Daddy: 23,575 views.. in a couple months. What am i talking about? "One" of the NHL LIVE sign up sheet.
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:21 PM
  • Daddy: See for yourself [link]
    May 06, 2024, 07:06:43 PM
  • Daddy: Now either there are a lot of people copying our style or trying to learn it.. or possibly there is just that much interest by visitors. Maybe both. Either way, we got to be doing something right. The NHL LIVE season, will start with an amateur draft.
    May 06, 2024, 07:08:56 PM
  • Daddy: Hard as it is to believe. There are a couple Franchises still available. See for yourself what all the fuss is about.
    May 06, 2024, 07:14:35 PM
  • Braves155: Will be around for talks tonight
    May 06, 2024, 08:43:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Braves I messaged u back yesterday got no reply yet
    May 06, 2024, 08:56:53 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Just sent it again in case it didn't go through yesterday
    May 06, 2024, 08:57:27 PM
  • Braves155: Replied BAB
    May 06, 2024, 09:11:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Back to ya
    May 06, 2024, 09:43:46 PM
  • indiansnation: Kylerap pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:06 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Yesterday at 12:47:38 AM
  • Daddy: If you are in NCAA Football & decide to do NCAA Basketball... Your same school will carry over to the new sport.
    Yesterday at 02:09:40 AM
  • Daddy: Soon the NBA LIVE Pre Reserve sign up sheet will go up. A lot of people have been asking.
    Yesterday at 02:10:36 AM
  • Daddy: The NFL teams come with NCAA. The NBA teams will be the same. NCAA Basketball will end with a 32 team tournament as a 64 team league. More details to come. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 02:13:48 AM
  • Rhino7: NBA LIVE  :taco: :bacon:
    Yesterday at 10:16:50 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 01:50:45 PM
  • indiansnation: Lets talk trade who is up for it any league
    Yesterday at 03:09:50 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for any talks
    Yesterday at 05:55:10 PM
  • Daddy: Me too
    Yesterday at 07:11:43 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Same
    Yesterday at 10:16:04 PM
  • Brent: Same.  I'm knocking out some homework and jumping over here every now and then.
    Yesterday at 11:30:52 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    Today at 01:07:48 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Good morning. Thee Pittsburgh Steelers are open for negotiations
    Today at 10:12:07 AM
  • Daddy: It is always a good day to trade or kick ass or both.
    Today at 01:43:53 PM
  • Daddy: Currently sitting in waffle house in the company of a beautiful woman in a southern state. Planning domination.
    Today at 02:02:43 PM
  • Daddy: How u livin?
    Today at 02:02:55 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pretty good. At home working and listening to offers.
    Today at 02:32:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Who wants to talk trade with me any  league doesnt matter
    Today at 04:47:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Im looking to aquire draft capital in nfl live. Know that ny team is pretty much set in mlb live know its time for nfl live
    Today at 04:48:25 PM
  • indiansnation: Its wednesday 3pm and im still going to kick toronto but this week
    Today at 04:49:26 PM
  • Daddy: We are about to open NHL & NCAA
    Today at 04:57:24 PM
  • Daddy: Stymie thine lips on beating Toronto. You aint done that in years. Lastly, im going to take the lowly Flyers and destroy you with them. You and 31 others but mostly you.
    Today at 05:01:08 PM
  • indiansnation: What does daddy and a girl have in common?
    Today at 05:12:38 PM
  • indiansnation: He likes to talk to much and is never right lol
    Today at 05:13:43 PM
  • Daddy: We dont like you
    Today at 05:13:55 PM
  • Daddy: See. You gonna get us boycotted. You Dinosaur.
    Today at 05:15:13 PM
  • indiansnation: Hell daddy u dont even like yourself.
    Today at 05:15:16 PM
  • ldsjayhawk: bayarea pm
    Today at 05:16:22 PM
  • indiansnation: Ldsjayhawks u gotta get back to me about our trade talk
    Today at 05:37:54 PM
  • Braves155: Oh Crap, someone say NFL LIVE?
    Today at 06:39:33 PM
  • Daddy: I hope you have great success with Caleb Williams @Braves. Just remember to put assets all around him. Build a solid 24. Then build up depth.
    Today at 08:01:14 PM